Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: AQClassic: Summer 2021 Season of Gifting Prizes Finale + Arms of Carnax + Z-infinity Gauntlets

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: AQClassic: Summer 2021 Season of Gifting Prizes Finale + Arms of Carnax + Z-infinity Gauntlets
Page 4 of 4<1234
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/10/2021 19:07:52   
Uskius

The items are out, as well as the info subs. The set is Ice and it seems that
spoiler:

it is indeed themed around at least backlash. The shield gives a mild bit of Status Potence that increases with the armor and weapon equipped, and the misc gives END, LUK, boosts outgoing Ice damage, and also has a toggle skill that lets you pay some HP each turn for a pretty decent backlash. Armor has three skills, including a strong HP cost Backlash toggle, similar to the misc. item. The pet has a bit of overlap with the Frostgale set pet as others have noticed, but it differs in one of its modes being a Backlash one.

Probably my favorite item of the set is the spell, though.

< Message edited by Uskius -- 9/10/2021 23:42:49 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 76
9/10/2021 19:09:47   
OG Ranger

I too would love it to have +20 potency like veywild shield.
AQ  Post #: 77
9/11/2021 1:35:15   
rai0kakashi

My opinions on the donation prizes:
-The weapon is just too crappy, ice clone of savage troll club is not really needed anywhere.
-I support what Lupul said about changing it into a pure ice backlash pet. Also, I want the pet not attacking also and converting all power into backlash damage or potency.
-The misc is great for everyone
-The shield is great if one have the full set, which only top 15 donators have.

To those complaining about the donation set being backlash, not every donation set has to cater to everyone and we all have equal opportunities to suggest what we want.

< Message edited by rai0kakashi -- 9/11/2021 4:29:36 >
Post #: 78
9/11/2021 4:31:19   
Primate Murder

My personal take on the set is that it's... ok. Not outstanding, not bad, just ok.

The weapon is fine, but given the competition it faces (Horo Show and MagnaBlade for warriors, Arctic Athame for mages, Cryomancer's Bloodblade for any FO build, not to mention rares like Frostval Past and Spacefarer Cannon), it's unlikely to ever see the light of day.

The shield is ok-ish, if only to equip for Love Potion and SFP stacking.

Misc is nice for niche Backlash builds and not much else.

I won't comment on armor or pet, since I didn't get those, but overall I feel like this is the kind of generic stuff that gets forgotten by next week.

At least the contest sponsored my four new shiny Soul Gauntlets
AQ DF  Post #: 79
9/11/2021 4:50:59   
Warren.

quote:

Alright folks Frostwyrm prizes have all been delivered, check your inventory to see what you've won! We will read through your suggestions and decided if any tweaks need to be made. Shops should be arriving next week along with any missing token package shops.

As others have stated I believe the shield should be a +10 potency to all status inflictions against the mob. I think this would be a great tweak do an already awesome donation.

< Message edited by Warren. -- 9/11/2021 4:55:14 >
Post #: 80
9/11/2021 8:59:52   
joac1144

Pet: I agree with the others that it would be nice to have the pet pay all of its damage in backlash mode for the backlash power.
Armor: Keep the armor as-is.
Shield: May need a revisit, since it's true that only 15 people can make use of the set bonus.
Weapons: It's nice seeing a 100-proc in a donation contest. However, I also agree with the others that the Troll Club clone effect doesn't make much sense. It doesn't really bother me though.
Misc: Maybe change the bonus LUK to CHA to better fit the other items in the set. Otherwise good.
AQ  Post #: 81
9/11/2021 12:17:12   
Crimson guy

I also support the idea of bumping the status potence from 5 to 10. This would benefit everyone. To compensate for the bump, it can have an additional hp cost or sp cost or mp cost. If needed, it may also have a reduction to mrm defences since the set has a focus on backlash.
AQ  Post #: 82
9/11/2021 12:26:30   
Sapphire

Arms of Carnax package is pretty nice.

I love ele vuln so it was smacking me in the face to get it. The laser eyes skill burns the foe, but the skill mostly sets up the SP-Heal psionic link, which actually works with *all* burns.

GPS armor, ancestral forbiddence, etc etc will then push SP heals if you have this set up. And stacking the laser skill begins to SP heal more than what you spend on skills in SP.

If you were to fight something with 20k HP or something that takes forever to kill, this would do some outstanding damage..heal SP loops
Post #: 83
9/11/2021 12:30:41   
Biokirkby

I'm also in favour of an increased status potence drive on the shield. We could also pay in MRM or slightly in damage taken, which would also help backlash
DF AQW  Post #: 84
9/11/2021 12:45:28   
Sapphire

This particular status, what is the total list of things considered "all hostile effects"?

And if they lowered the MRM to all 8/8/7 or some variation like they did with doomlight shields, to "pay for" the status upping to 10...I'm all for that.
Post #: 85
9/11/2021 13:24:21   
Biokirkby

Hostile makes it sound like all status effects, baring positive ones such as celerity from the Shadowwalker of Time skill
DF AQW  Post #: 86
9/11/2021 14:14:34   
Warren.

quote:

I also support the idea of bumping the status potence from 5 to 10. This would benefit everyone. To compensate for the bump, it can have an additional hp cost or sp cost or mp cost. If needed, it may also have a reduction to mrm defences since the set has a focus on backlash.

quote:

I'm also in favour of an increased status potence drive on the shield. We could also pay in MRM or slightly in damage taken, which would also help backlash

quote:

And if they lowered the MRM to all 8/8/7 or some variation like they did with doomlight shields, to "pay for" the status upping to 10...I'm all for that.

I do agree with the above players ideas that the shield can pay either MRM or more sp/hp/mp or make it -25 resistance to make the shield have +10 status potence

< Message edited by Warren. -- 9/11/2021 16:50:03 >
Post #: 87
9/11/2021 14:40:49   
J9408

quote:

I love ele vuln so it was smacking me in the face to get it. The laser eyes skill burns the foe, but the skill mostly sets up the SP-Heal psionic link, which actually works with *all* burns.

All elemental burns? Or do you mean only Energy Burns?
Post #: 88
9/11/2021 15:16:43   
Sapphire

Nevermind. It was full healing earlier with stacked burns from GPS armor, but doesnt seem to now. I will keep testing. It may have been ele vuln stacks (vampire bat swarm guest, protean pet energy ele vuln mode, and bludgeon skill all at once) plus maybe 2-3 turns of this skill causing the full heals, so I may have been mistaken. But like I said, I'll keep testing.

About the shield:

I guess I think it could be changed, but that depends on what "all hostile attacks" means. If this is kind of all encompassing, or even if it's only the more "physical" stuff like bleeds, burns, backlash, etc then a -10 potence is stronger than the -10 backlash because it INCLUDES backlash. So making it a ice doomlight shield clone but with a better status effect isn't balanced.

I think this might be why it's only 5. But I do think if you can reduce the MRM to lowest possible and if you have to reduce -26 to-25 to get to -10 potence then get there. If -10 potence on this specific one is still too all encompassing and too powerful, still reduce these things to pay to get the shield to-8 or -9 to get it close as possible.

< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 9/11/2021 15:25:51 >
Post #: 89
9/11/2021 16:22:16   
RobynJoanne

@Sapphire Catalyst
Doomlight's shield has a weak potence relative to its cost because it inflicts backlash itself. At least, that's the justification the staff made in its info subs. If the Frostwyrm shield paid the same amount of MRM, it should give -10 Hostile Status Potence.
Post #: 90
9/12/2021 19:49:30   
.*. .*. .*.
Pfft hahaha!

I would just like to start by saying that the art is really nice, especially the armour and the weapons, great job!

I have had a bit of time to try out this set and here are my thoughts:

Armour - I do admit that I was surprised that it was not locked to ice, but I must say that this armour is great fun to play with and I hope it does not change. Great secondary resistance for water and wind as well. Fun skills to use!

Weapon - of course I was hoping to exchange my current ice weapon for this new one, but unfortunately it has way to much bth reduction for my type of game play. If it were to change it would have been nice to see these weapons with a toggle to either heal sp/hp in exchange for reduced damage. I believe it would be the first magic weapon to heal sp, but maybe I have missed out on some rare weapon during the years?

Pet - it is an interesting pet being able to toggle between freeze and backlash, though it feels slightly weak and I do agree with the others that it would have been more preferred if it was 100% backlash, however I am going to keep the pet in my active inventory.

Misc - this misc is great, I hope it stays the same.

Shield - again I concur with what others have pointed out that the potency could have been a bit better, for now this shield will be put in my inventory.
Post #: 91
9/12/2021 20:04:03   
RobynJoanne

@ .*. .*. .*.
We actually do have a magic SP-restoring weapon. It's the Twisted Star Sabre of Balance, which is a clone of the old Star Sabre of Balance and currently in the UR GGB shop. The healing is not exactly the greatest thing in the world (5.625% of damage dealt), but it's available.
Post #: 92
9/12/2021 23:07:10   
Sapphire

Hunger too
Post #: 93
9/13/2021 3:34:31   
Shiba

Nith's Fang, anyone?
AQ  Post #: 94
9/13/2021 4:08:23   
Xander_Raze

Has there been any mention regarding how long the Arms of Carnax set will be available for? I know the bonus is until Sep 17, but I wasn't sure if the package itself is for a limited time too
Post #: 95
9/13/2021 8:14:38   
Sapphire

Nith's was fixed recently, does 51.6 or something SP regen per landed hit. It's alright for builds that rely on other means of damage and so you just want to land any hits to get some SP. It's the best magic SP heal you'll find.

Hunger seems interesting, as I discovered it just yesterday and it toggles melee/magic and toggles HP/MP/SP healing. The formula is 5% of Damage/DarknessResist* 1.125 healing I think. So it's likely so small it isn't worth it, not too dissimilar from the sabre you mentioned, which I own...and was massively disappointed with.
Post #: 96
9/14/2021 15:21:36   
.*. .*. .*.
Pfft hahaha!

Thank you RobynJoanne, SapphireCatalyst2021 and Shiba for your input regarding sp weapons for mages.
Nith's Mystic Fang does the trick for now, even though it is random elements every turn.

I am still hoping that the weapon and shield will get some modification, but if not then I have my back already covered.
Post #: 97
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: AQClassic: Summer 2021 Season of Gifting Prizes Finale + Arms of Carnax + Z-infinity Gauntlets
Page 4 of 4<1234
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition