Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

FO Lean on Carnax's Malice redundant?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> FO Lean on Carnax's Malice redundant?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/11/2021 17:41:00   
Sphinx Jevoha

Hello Guys:)

So I have 2 topics to talk regarding the new 20k Z-Token package, Arms of Carnax. Overall, it's a very good weapon, but there are 2 things I would like to point out:

a) The Carnax's Malice armor relies, almost exclusively, on it's signature ability - Bette Laser Eyes. This skill + its Energy burn stacks are what will deal 70-85% of your total damage in any given battle. However, it's not "weapon-based", and the FO lean on the armor is negated by the -50% damage penalty (so instead of doing 'very low' damage, you will do 'low' damage).

Wouldn't a FD lean on this armor make more sense? That way, the Energy burn stacking will be more effective, since the skill itself is already too heavily nerfed to make use of a FO lean.

b) The second ability, "Invincible", isn't really that great - in theory, you could use Haunted Dragonlord's Will along with it, but the fact that it uses up a turn for doing weak damage + a weak shield isn't that impressive (even though it costs no SP). A simple solution would be to make it a quick-cast skill (you could add a small SP cost to this, since you are literally sitting around with maximum SP bar in this armor after 2 casts of the Laser Eyes).

Would these changes be possible? A FD Lean and a quick-cast for the Invincible skill/

Thank you!
Post #: 1
9/12/2021 10:23:56   
J9408

Carnax Malice really does feel like it is more about defense than offense.

It would also be kinda nice to have a dragon head that is FD. I don't think we have one in the 20k z token package?
Post #: 2
9/12/2021 13:36:22   
Sapphire

I am finding in trying to get the bludgeon skill activated and then the laser, and build some ele vuln to make the burn/SP regen better, I am killing the monster too fast to the point that You can't really utilize the SP heal much.

Im not asking for them to change it, as there's way too much complaining and way too much entitlement going around, but I kind of think it would have been better to reduce the damage on the laser skill, increase the burn amount slightly, and increase the duration to 4-5 turns.

And then leaving it as FO is fine.

I think the chi shield using the SP to buffer damage is kind of counter to the point of SP regen, but I guess the idea is to have SP regen but have an SP buffer so that way you're in a FO armor that's defensively much better due to the abilities...almost like Sp regen + SP buffer kind of cancel each other out so your +125% defense is actually lowered to be more neutral or even FD...without sacrificing offense...actually having better offence.

And now that I think about it, it seems like maybe there should be some kind of ele comp involved if you're in the armor and are using the weapon....since the weapon is energy and the armor's defending energy.

< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 9/12/2021 13:41:22 >
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> FO Lean on Carnax's Malice redundant?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition