Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

kinda returning player who has no idea what to do

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> kinda returning player who has no idea what to do
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/14/2021 5:39:17   
eNNNKei

Character Link: https://aq.battleon.com/game/flash/charview?temp=15225612
Level & Status: 150 X-Guardian
Build: Warrior?
STR 250
DEX 250
LUK 250
Subrace: Werepyre
UltraGuardian Element: Wind
Alignment (Good/Evil or Chaos/Unity): good boy
Goals: maybe catch up to the meta and change up some gear, but got like no spare slots for anything, totally willing to completely dump some items to make room for better stuff xD
Gold: enough
Z-Tokens: poverty
Giftboxes: 47 commons and 6 rares, 1 UR on another char
House: Forest log cabin
AQ  Post #: 1
9/14/2021 7:57:21   
Primate Murder

Welcome back!

First of all, Werewolf would be a better subrace for a pure warrior. Werepyre is oriented more towards Str/Int hybrids.

That one UR you mentioned? I would suggest spending it on Prime Chaos Orb misc. It has a qc skill to scramble monster resists (while increasing all damage dealt on the field), which has great synergy with any elecomped armor nuke.

Weapons

I would suggest setting your no-drop to energy, as that element lacks good non-rare shields.

Blazing Bloodzerker and Zealot's Wrath remain the best options for their respective elements, and Kindred's autohit has great utility.

Haunted and Eclipsed Dragonlord's Might restore large amounts of sp based on the number of hits. Great synergy with Werewolf's 4-hit Beast Form.

Mighty Blade of Frostval Past works great with any ice nuke.

Use one of those Rare GGBs to get Gloom Glaive, an earth weapon that compresses Harm.

Armors

Blazing Bloodzerker and Angel of Souls remain the best options for their respective elements, and Human Fisher is still fairly good.

Haunted Dragonlord Armor and Horo Show have strong skills for wind and ice elements.

Tempest Armor has an elelocked celerity toggle and an Initiative bonus that gives +50% damage on your first turn.

Paladin is our first fully revamped endgame class. It has 20+ skills including powerful nukes, stat and effect toggles, healing, resurrection, a light booster guest, and a variety of anti-undead effects. Avenger is the best variant for warriors.

Shields

Samukematsuri Buckler restores a bit of sp each time you're hit.

Kindred shield passively gathers charges for a qc sp heal, just in case.

Fujin has Dex drive for bonus accuracy and blocking. Replace it with Accordion after Snugglefest when you get Love Potion misc.

Frostval Past is still among the best ice shields, and Chieftain's Ironthorn has been revamped to gain a Str toggle, so make sure to get the highest level variant.

Scarab Shell has a toggle to lower monster's blocking.

Eclipsed Dragonlord's Will has a qc stacking Barrier skill.

Spells

Runic Binding gives you a Harm nuke.

Pets

Angra Linnorm is a f2p booster pet with Backlash.

Miscs

Keep Helm of Frostval Past (for qc accuracy) and SFP.

Move Essence Orb to main inventory for hp-to-sp conversion.

Move Windter Crown into main inventory for omni-elemental damage bonus + sp heal.

PCO, mentioned in the beginning of the post.

Grab Love Potion when Snugglefest comes around for stacking qc Control.

Bell Shell restores a bit of hp based on damage dealt.

Olympax Medal gives both a qc damage boost and a qc Imbue.

Hope the info's useful and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
AQ DF  Post #: 2
9/14/2021 11:08:49   
eNNNKei

Thank you for your suggestions there, will slowly start looking into it.

Another thing, which 20k or 50k token package would you recommend? Any of the champ packs any good?
AQ  Post #: 3
9/14/2021 23:22:00   
Primate Murder

If you plan on buying tokens, Buffalot Beach Bod would be your first priority. It's a qc Str buffing spell, so you can cast it during a Purple Rain loop.

Champions are not really that outstanding, and if you're going for $50 packs, I'd suggest a booster pet or two. Ramssy, maybe, or Mog Lightnaut.

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 9/15/2021 1:11:42 >
AQ DF  Post #: 4
9/15/2021 0:54:21   
RobynJoanne

@Primate Murder
Why not Dunamis? It's double the power of Angra Linnorm. Since you're almost completely recommending only modern armors, the lack of ranged boosting shouldn't be an issue. Also, I think you made a slight typo. The boosters are pets, and their guest counterparts are in the UR GGB Shop.

@eNNNKei
20k Z-token Packages consist mostly of booster pets and armors. Booster pets will be useful even when you switch armors due to new releases. The armors are mostly unique items with some interesting effects. Devouring Scythe is arguably the best of these since its ability to eat the Cold, which it also stacks, allows it to hit absolutely massive damage numbers. Airenal's Lance is also very powerful as an old-lean Wind nuke, which unfortunately also means it doesn't work with Dunamis.
50k Z-token Packages consist solely of Champion Sets, and while they have fun effects and beautiful artwork, none of them are that strong mechanically. The best set is the Doomlight Set, which is key to the backlash build, the fastest farming build in the game. Unfortunately, Doomlight is rare, and it's also not that usable for those not playing backlash builds.
7.5k Z-token Packages have arguably the most utility. Buffalot, which was already mentioned, is fantastic for all warriors, providing a +105 Str boost at max level that nothing else in-game can really replicate. Una Poca de Gracia provides a similar boost except for Cha, which means it boosts your booster pet and guest. Una Poca is pretty much useful for all builds in the game. Strawberry/Blueberry Shieldcake are charge shields that provide a ton of effects, including an imbue, Celerity, Hypercritical, and a Cha boost. Royal Wedding Cake is the pet version of these shields, and it provides similar but different effects, including Str boost and Celerity. Royal Wedding Cake needs Cha to reach its full use since it's a pet, so it's usually considered inferior to the shields.
Post #: 5
9/15/2021 1:13:14   
Primate Murder

@RJ

My bad, I did mean pets.

Edit:
quote:

Why not Dunamis?
It's premium. Unless otherwise stated, I generally recommend f2p options.

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 9/15/2021 1:14:55 >
AQ DF  Post #: 6
9/15/2021 1:22:26   
RobynJoanne

@Primate Murder
That's true. I just thought since OP was asking for 20k Z-token Packages that Dunamis would have been the best option at that price point instead of the elemental booster pets.
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> kinda returning player who has no idea what to do
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition