Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

pop-up advertisements on forum link clicks

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [AE Forum Resources] >> Forum Support and Suggestions >> pop-up advertisements on forum link clicks
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/16/2021 19:08:51   
PD

Something I noticed recently when browsing the forums with a mobile device (or any device that doesn't have Adblock on it) is that clicking on links will actually pop up an advertisement occasionally. Has something changed with the forums ad configuration recently?
Post #: 1
9/19/2021 13:06:36   
Lukrecia

Either that or the ad network did something. uMatrix still shows Quantserver and GoogleSyndication scripts for me, which I think are the same ones as always were. In any case I'd recommend you get something with a script blocker or a DNS blocker (or both). It's generally a bad idea going around the Internet without them.

< Message edited by Lukrecia -- 9/19/2021 13:07:50 >
Post #: 2
9/19/2021 19:16:27   
PD

Well that's just the thing. Normally I'd do this. But I haven't been able to find a way to block these scripts from the mobile/smart device end, although I've been investigating Pi-hole to be able to do this via blocking it from the network level. Otherwise it's really awful if the staff decided to enable this. :/

EDIT: Found a way to get rid of the pop-ups via mobile, but this is still an awful change.

< Message edited by PD -- 9/19/2021 19:20:35 >
Post #: 3
9/20/2021 3:11:25   
Lukrecia

quote:

But I haven't been able to find a way to block these scripts from the mobile/smart device end

If you're using Android I'd recommend personalDNSfilter or DNS66 for domain-based device-wide blocking. As for browsers, I use Soren Stoutner's Privacy Browser, it comes with built-in JavaScript toggle, ad-block lists, et cetera. I get these are on F-Droid, they might be on the Play Store too.
I'm not familiar with Apple devices, so no words from me on that front I'm afraid.
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [AE Forum Resources] >> Forum Support and Suggestions >> pop-up advertisements on forum link clicks
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition