Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Order of Normal and Celerity's turns for Player/Pet/Guest/Misc

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Game Balance Issues >> Order of Normal and Celerity's turns for Player/Pet/Guest/Misc
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/2/2022 0:51:11   
Legendary Ash

Celerity's turn should be changed to occur after the normal turn of each of Player/Pet/Guest/Misc have ended altogether to resolve several balance issues that currently exist.

Pet/Guest that apply supportive effects have their utility delayed until the next round.
If Pet/Guest have Celerity, they have twice the power that can be utilized by the player for two turns of the same round.
Should the player use a misc that grants a Cha stat boost on the normal turn and switch to another misc that doesn't grant Cha on Celerity's turn, the Pet/Guest doesn't benefit from it despite the upkeep still being paid for the first turn.

The proposed change will provide greater immediacy to supportive effects applied by Pet/Guest on normal turn and be reclaimed on Celerity's turn in one round, redistribute the lopsidedness of stacking by reducing it to one times the power for each turn of the same round and allow Pet/Guest to benefit from Cha stat boost when miscs are switched as everything associated with the normal and Celerity's turn will be contained within themselves instead of the current situation of chaotic behavior.
AQ  Post #: 1
1/2/2022 2:06:01   
Sapphire

Could you give a specific example using specific item(s) in question so I can better understand the "balance" this is attempting. I am running this through my head and I honestly don't see the benefit to the player.

It feels like it's kind of the same...actually a minor nerf, really.

The current method if you use let's say, waffle cone, you would have to make sure you use it on your second turn and the guest/pet gets the benefit. So lets say youre a mage, and on turn 1 you use warlics oblivion sphere and turn 2 you use waffle cone. Then when the pet and guest go, you it gets the benefit of waffle cone both turns. So the player loses out on "help" but the pet/guest get the "help" on both. So the player gets "help" on 1 round only, and the guest/pet get the "help" on both rounds...if so desired.

Your proposal seemingly removes the "help" from either yourself or the guest/pet, by forcing you to make a decision each "turn". You can choose to help the player both times, the guest/pet both times, or 1 each if you so desire.

This change means one of three options: 1. Both rounds the player gets the "help" 2. Both rounds the guest/pet gets the "help". 3. You give the player the help one round, and the guest/pet one round.

So this IMO is a nerf.

So your suggestion is a nerf?

Or am I not grasping this?

< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 1/2/2022 2:10:43 >
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Game Balance Issues >> Order of Normal and Celerity's turns for Player/Pet/Guest/Misc
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition