I'd like to give a shout-out to Primate Murder's suggestions for being consistently some of the best and most interesting ones on the subforum. They've also been helpful whenever I needed feedback for my own suggestions and really helped me understand the balancing of AdventureQuest's mechanics through DMs.
In particular, here are a few of their suggestions I like the most:
* Zweihander I really like the idea of a weapon being unable to be used with a shield equipped and having a damage bonus to compensate. Not sure how the elecomp bonus would be calculated, especially with armors like Griffinrider, but it's an idea I think has some design space worth exploring more.
* Memento Mori Shield A shield with an effect similar to the Paladin's Defiance? Yes please. Could be extremely powerful when paired with Celerity.
* Artillerist Has a weapon skill that inflicts Daze and a spell skill comparable to Bloodmage in damage that also Dazes yourself. I could easily see this being a very strong alternative to Geomancer Bloodmage.
* Necrotic Artifact I want this item for my Necromancer beastmage build and I want it yesterday. Only thing I'd change is to have the spell not be quick-cast, but otherwise it's really good.
And if I want to toot my own horn a bit, I've been active in the Suggestions subforum for a while and here are a couple of my favorite ideas I've done:
* Splendor of Yendor I like Nethack, and considering what the titular "Burning Question" is, I'm going to guess that Cray likes it a lot too. Moral Compass mechanics are underutilized and my concept here would be an interesting way to bring them back.
* Paladin Slayer Set I mostly just want to see Antipaladins become a thing in AQ. Here's how I would do it. Synergizes most with Backlash builds but the set's hopefully strong enough to be usable by Warriors in the more general sense.
< Message edited by Zennistrad -- 1/18/2022 18:15:57 >