Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

TropoShield

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> TropoShield
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/5/2022 14:26:21   
Varghus

In terms of damage which is better, TropoShield or CiT, and does it make a difference if the battle is long or short?
Post #: 1
3/5/2022 15:09:28   
PD

They do different things, although yes both can end up resulting in the enemy taking more damage.

CIT raises your STR stat by up to +50 at level 150. Keep in mind since this is a STR drive that it also means if you use boosters it boosts those things too if it uses STR for MAINSTAT. Anything that uses STR for MAINSTAT for inflictions will also have increased roll success. This is universal and not element specific unlike Tropos as I’ll describe below.

TroposShield reduces your MRM and pays SP for the chance to inflict an Elevuln on the enemy, up to -42.86% for Fire, Energy and Earth elements. This means it’s conditional and not guarenteed like above. If you can get the roll to succeed you will do a lot of damage. On the other hand it’s entirely possible you won’t get a single roll the whole battle; especially if you are fighting something with resists, high stats or a combination of both. Also if you don’t use the corresponding elements you can’t really use Tropos, so keep that in mind.

So at the end of the day it’s not easily comparable and both are highly situational and you’ll have to make a judgement call for the right situation. Though CIT is a gold item, you’ll have to decide whether you’ll actually be able to utilize Tropos properly
Post #: 2
3/5/2022 18:19:49   
Sapphire

In a FO armor using a pure build at L150, +50 Str will be roughly +13% more damage for a warrior. This is guaranteed damage, for the 34 SP. It is still a defensive shield, with -26 to Earth.

Troposhield attempts, for 78 SP, to add 142% ele vuln to fire, earth, and energy, and has a 3 element protection for -19 each. (opposites of the elements its seeking, Ice, Wind, and water I think)

If you have a mainstat boost, and you trained luck, you will inflict very often. It also gets inflicted if your guest attacks with those elements, although that may be a bug. But even if it is, once it's there the bump will increase your pet and guest attacks that round.

I think it's a nice shield for warring, and with some specific detailed items and playstyles, you *can* overcome the defensive shortcomings you *will* have using it. You wont be carrying it and using it in boss fights, for sure, but for daily battles where you're just trying to get as much exp/gold as possible, its far superior

They just have their own niche
Post #: 3
3/5/2022 22:23:19   
Guardswordian

As the others said, the shields have different uses and are for different niches. In general battles, I think CIT is more stable as it has guaranteed damage. Tropos shield is highly situational, but can be more useful than CIT given the right situation. Personally, I don't use Tropos shield a lot, but I used in the Lost Talon part 3 boss battle to maximize damage in my celerity turns and managed to get a victory. But other than that, I rarely use Tropos Shield.
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> TropoShield
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition