Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Ranger class build

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable Q&A >> Ranger class build
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/11/2022 16:46:11   
hawaiidreamergurl

Hey guys. So, my character was made in fall of 2007, and I built the ranger class when it was first released. I then stopped playing for years, and just came back about 2 months ago. What I've read about ranger builds is that I need high DEX, and can only use daggers or scythes as I need piercing damage. However, that guide was last updated nearly 11 years ago. What my character has is high INT and WIS with all staves......what in the world have I created?? Should I completely respec my stats and refarm my weapons (including level 66 doom and level 60 destiny staves)? Or keep running with my weird build? I always run with a guest and my dragon as a guest, plus a pet, and I haven't found a fight I can't win yet outside of the arena at the end of time.

< Message edited by hawaiidreamergurl -- 4/11/2022 17:17:54 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
4/11/2022 18:03:30   
Laeon val Observis

Generally speaking, any guide in the forums that isn't the Chronicle of Releases is outdated. The Endgame wiki's Ranger page provides in-depth details for your inquired class. In a nutshell, there are two kinds of rangers: Hybrid (possess (near) equal STR and DEX) and DoT (DEX focused). The former has more power at the expense of MP stamina, while the latter pumps up DoTs while keeping safe behind Reflex. For starters, yes, swap from INT in order to maximize with either of the two Ranger styles.

With regards to your weapon choices, you won't really feel a thing in the direct damage department since Ranger's offensive kit sets damage type to either Melee or Pierce, thus allowing those direct damages to get the full benefits of STR and DEX. The only thing you'll miss out is some loss to strengthening DoTs as staves are not really known for reinforcing DEX.

Guests... realistically, we don't really factor those into risk assessments, so it'll be player's discretion. All you have to be willing is taking in the extra damage (for every guest present, the printed damage of an enemy is strengthened by 60%) and the exp/gold penalty (10% less of those per guest).

< Message edited by Laeon val Observis -- 4/11/2022 18:11:52 >
DF AQW  Post #: 2
4/11/2022 18:49:27   
hawaiidreamergurl

I didn't know any of that about adding guests, so thank you.

As for my build, here's my before and after. I went with DEX/STR.

STR: 0 l 75
DEX: 45 l 75
INT: 85 l 0
CHA: 50 l 75
LUK: 35 l 30
END: 65 l 50
WIS: 75 l 50

Any other comments or advice are more than welcome.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable Q&A >> Ranger class build
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition