Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= June 3rd Design Notes: Arena at the Edge of Time: Gotta Start Somewhere!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= June 3rd Design Notes: Arena at the Edge of Time: Gotta Start Somewhere!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/3/2022 21:51:38   
  Peachii
Clairvoyant!

quote:

Verlyrus:
Arena at the Edge of Time: Gotta Start Somewhere!

Hey there heroes!

It's the start of DragonFable's 16th anniversary month... and we're celebrating with quite a lot!

From a new arena board: Beginnings, to the finale of the Maleurous saga, there's a lot in store this week!

First up, a new board as appeared at the Inn at the Edge of Time! Everyone has a story to tell, and those stories had to start somewhere!

This week, take on Ash Dragonblade and Drakath Slugwrath. You're the next obstacle in their journeys to follow their ambitions... Will you be able to stand up to their determination?

Defeat them both to earn a new ring and a level 90 upgrade to the Blade of Destiny!

If you think you have what it takes, head over to the Inn at the Edge of Time and challenge the first chapter of the Beginnings board!

Next, you've managed to complete the Maleurous: Reawakening war! With your companions rescued, it's time to face Remthalas... and break free of this dream! The Maleurous saga finale has arrived with Rebirth!

And to wrap up the Maleurous storyline, the Epilogue to the Maleurous saga will be arriving next week, along with an upgrade to the Abysscutter rewards (No defender medals required, although you will have needed to complete everything else in the saga!)! (There's definitely going to be a lot of talking... There's a lot to sort through!)

The war will remain active for another 2 weeks, so make sure to pick up those Defender Medals and rewards!

Being an anniversary month, we also have a new element selectable scythe available! The Dragon Cleaver of the Elements is here!

Alongside the normal discounted version for DragonLords, there is also a DragonLord exclusive Color Custom version available for 550 Dragon Coins!

The Ancient Dragon Scythes and Doomed Dragon Scythes are also returning! Check them out in the Seasonal Shops tab in the Book of Lore.

Finally, to celebrate Pride month, we have a selection of free house banner wall items permanently added for you to decorate with.

These are also available from the Book of Lore!

There have also been a number of tweaks/fixes.
  • Archivist/Reforged Archivist:
    • Ultimate Orb Creation cooldwon increased from 11 to 19.
    • Celestia's Sorrow no longer provides an Avoidance increase.
    • Fixed issues where Archivists could get stuck in certain rooms/maps.
  • Iadoa:
    • Fixed an issue where Visions of Kathool was always resolved properly even without the condition being met.

And that's all for this week!

Have feedback about recent releases? Have any crazy theories or ideas? Want to discuss all things DragonFable?

Join the discussion on the official forums!

Want to play DragonFable without using an internet browser?

Check out the Artix Games Launcher!

Follow us on Twitter for sneak peeks and updates (and feel free to tweet us your fan art and feedback too!)

Verlyrus Twitter

Tomix Twitter

Tags: #Verlyrus
DF AQW  Post #: 1
6/4/2022 0:38:59   
Laeon val Observis

That's two ways of culling Archi's overwhelming might. Good thing I managed to have a bit of fun with it using the previous recent fight with Lionfang (yeah, the two shields in conjunction with Hidebehind+Dropbear+Au'bacon RNG were quite decisive in enduring the 11th LoC) and get the helm to complete the rewards. Although now with the elimination of the shielding from Celestia, could lowering its CD be more in the open? IDK, haven't really used Archi in the super challenges to see if the original CD of our healing factor was a one off or could be used twice.

As for the anniversary cleaver, interesting addition with a lot more bling.

With regards to the new Inn foes (Warning: both have anti-extra action mechanics, although not as oppressive as Rebirth Remthalas)...
spoiler:

Drakath is the long-awaited Siofra 2.0, so the anniversary scythes will definitely be market showcased. His preview phase will test you with one element that you'll have to connect him with to resume damaging. Once preview time is up, he'll instead provide a quartet of elements of which you have to strike him in the order that they flash for the same end result. Do note hits here include our Dragon's, so you can cut the time in half if they so much as penetrate past his BDP. The only gripe I have is the 4-element hints vanishing and transitioning might be on the fast side. Not every time will one's short-term memory might be up to capture the colors.

For Ash, have yet to off him unlike Drakath, but he has a threshold system. All I could figure is you'll need to snipe and burst him after halving his HP the first time. Bringing LightRes gear might be the decisive clincher.

EDIT: Yep, Ash is Illumina 2.0. That sniping and shielding of his needs some looking into at the minimum, his HP too if going to extremes. The Cleaver is eye candy and all, but lacks the controlled swap its predecessors possess that make them worth using.

EDIT MK2: Finally beat the duo with Dmk with 200 PROT/AST/MIS dragon. Crutched 2/5 MP pots alongside burning through my Hero Diet reserves since I a) lost count of my spikes to have a 4-turn stun with Fumes so as to prep Ash for an Inner end so as to have avoided the pre-first nuke heal, and b) didn't pay attention to the second 4-element seal Drakath marked himself with while Ash was alive (was confident on my DPT halving his HP, so I was letting my dragon potshot Drakath). At least I got to showcase my Exalted Blaster (Doom) to bunker bust Ash. Don't forget to slot Vile Rose armaments as both foes are Human. Now I have a reason to acquire Blade of Destiny (the ring ain't so appealing to me with that -LUK).

< Message edited by Laeon val Observis -- 6/4/2022 8:44:53 >
DF AQW  Post #: 2
6/5/2022 5:14:43   
Flabagast

Something to note about Drakath's elemental shield:
spoiler:

The four Royal Rights are always a combination of Fire, Water, Light and Darkness, in seemingly any order.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
6/6/2022 3:19:27   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

You guys finally make Archivist actualy GOOD, only to give the most recent bosses (granted in Inn bosses this is very acceptabe) a counter to Archivist's best ace! That hardly seem fair! Whats next, making the boss punish you for using Shadowwalker's "into the shadows" skill? Its not like Archivist is a class anyone can get willy nilly, we either had to order a calendar years ago or cough out 4000 DCs for it, and before the later was an option, endure the class being borderline useless in the majority of the game! (by the way, adding stack counters to Timekiller, ChronoZ and Archivist? I LOVE THAT!!!)

Not asking for a boss nerf, but for future bosses, give us Archivists/Epochs a break! Save it for the Inn and maybe big, epic finale bossfights (ironicaly thats Remthalas, so I walked right into that...)
DF AQW  Post #: 4
6/6/2022 4:08:08   
Laeon val Observis

^Sadly, in the bigger picture, the "not everyone can get it willy-nilly" argument is invalid here. There are nonzero players (which include me) who took/are taking/are planning to take the 19.95 USD every 6 months route to clamber up the DmK ranks, and you can get Archi as soon as you get NSoD courtesy of the 10k DCs. Heck, one can just spend the same amount of cash for DCs only (for 5k DCs to be specific) and get it without waiting 6 months. Other than that, your point regards to the recently added anti-EA mechanics can stand.

But then again, culling Archi's damage is still up as a choice. That Lionfang fight I set as an example? Felt too easy since I barely sustained damage from him (by barely, 30% HP was my lowest in Archi. I went as low as 2 digits of HP with DmK before LF went Phase 3) while unloading and sustaining my own massive damage (managed to P3 him in what... 3, 4 orb cycles depending on whether I had to wait for his Shieldbreaker to expire). A sensation you should know all too well as a fellow AQW player when things like VHL, LR, and LC among other things exist.
DF AQW  Post #: 5
6/6/2022 6:30:47   
Dratomos
Helpful!

Two years ago, in anniversary fight, we faced two great dragons. Last year in anniversary fight, we faced two doom Dragons, who both managed to almost defeat us in story. This year we face... a young boy wander and that emo kid we beat up like three times in Book 1. And I love this release.

These nostalgic fights usually are my favourite. Facing old enemies and friends from Book 1 and 2 is just so nice and these fights do not disappoint. After that amazing conclusion war to Maleurous, I'm very happy with this release too!

quote:

You guys finally make Archivist actualy GOOD, only to give the most recent bosses (granted in Inn bosses this is very acceptabe) a counter to Archivist's best ace! That hardly seem fair! Whats next, making the boss punish you for using Shadowwalker's "into the shadows" skill? Its not like Archivist is a class anyone can get willy nilly, we either had to order a calendar years ago or cough out 4000 DCs for it, and before the later was an option, endure the class being borderline useless in the majority of the game!

Well, Archivist was always amazing class and could beat almost every fight using the same rotation and without much thought. Sure in story missions it had it's troubles, but it was still enjoyable. And I really don't see the problem that there are at least some counters to Archivist now when facing bosses. I'm glad that Archivist isn't just pay-to-win class that lets you beat every fight without trouble. Same with Epoch. So I don't really get where this comes from? They still are amazing classes, you just need to think a bit more nowadays and that is just in most recent fights in Arena. We have gotten Arena releases for 5 years now and out of all of them (and story bosses), there are like 3 that actually punish you from using Archivist's monkeybrain strategy and those are the most recent ones that were released this week. So maybe chill out a bit?
DF AQW  Post #: 6
6/8/2022 8:08:18   
spirit of greed

Always love the DF anniversary month releases but can't help but feel a little bit disappointed, don't want to sound ungrateful this release was amazing but i really hoped we get a level cap and/or our dragon training point raised :(

I mean both were raised a long time ago and it was the perfect time to do it IMO

@Laeon val Observis: Calm down i don't know why you are so hostile about the dragon train point raise. I just think a 50-100 dragon training point raise would be nice especially since enemies got more stronger these years it makes sense our dragon should get a little buff too.

You make it sound like a was asking for a game breaking thing or free 1000 Dragon Coins jeez.

< Message edited by spirit of greed -- 6/8/2022 16:20:34 >
DF AQW  Post #: 7
6/8/2022 16:05:09   
Laeon val Observis

While raising the level cap is a valid thing to ask for (along with adding 5 training points to our player that that one forumite incessantly suggests (or rather, suggested since he's been quite happy with the AE game where his suggestions better fit in) alongside his other plentiful unreasonable suggestions), where does the "raised the dragon stat cap in the past" come from, hmm? The latter part feels more like a figment of imagination. The only changes I know of is the effects of each stat, and their current iterations are good enough with the 600-point limit. Not to mention that 2 maxed out, 2 partially mastered dragon stats is already decisive enough for battles. What's next, something along the lines of 200 PROT/AST/MIS/FIT? That would be, and no pun intended to your username, too greedy.

EDIT: Nonetheless, point still stands. Upping the stat cap, regardless of player's or dragon's, in any value would be too much of a tall order. Heck, if Astral proved that a dragon with only 2-3 points can still carry you if you're creative, I don't think upping the dragon stat acquisition cap is gonna be up the request list if it was even possible to accommodate. While I can see your point on the increasing enemy power just by staring at their stats' scaling algorithms, we've managed still. There's more to winning than just having 200 AST to be able to bunker bust the strongest of shields or 200 MIS to weaken resistances.

< Message edited by Laeon val Observis -- 6/8/2022 16:46:42 >
DF AQW  Post #: 8
6/22/2022 19:44:35   
Cyrenius

"Speak of the devil!"

I know I am necroing in a way. I was seeking help regarding this particular fight and saw this post.

I'm still around. I am still playing. I play BOTH games and enjoy both of them.

I just quit annoying people on the forums with my suggestions since so many found them so offensive.

I am creating suggestions on a website, as well as helpful advice to mostly new players and consolidating links to 3 of the best resources I know of so people would not have to search for help for the game, which I did share briefly, although one of the mods took down the link because it originally contained mild profanity. Now it doesn't. I will share the link with whoever desires it.

I don't expect people to feel sorry for me, although I do suffer from Post-traumatic Stress Disorder and Bipolar Disorder. Gaming is one of my primary coping skills to deal with depression and anxiety. So I am a very hardcore gamer, I spend usually 4 hours a day on days I am not working between my games. Occasionally as many as 6 - 8, although usually around 4. I have three or four games I play (two of them being Dragon Fable and AQ Worlds, they are my two favorites) and I have mastered all of them, top level, best items (at least for the most part), etc.

I was playing AQ Worlds mostly for a while (still was playing Dragon Fable though), now I am mostly playing Dragon Fable, I cycle back and forth.

Indeed, I do believe some of my suggestions are absolutely in order. Possibly not all, but some. The game is amazing, don't get me wrong, I would not have spent hundreds of dollars (at least $500 on Dragon Fable) between the DA, DK, and DC's if I didn't think so. Although I indubitably think it could use some new items and improvements. Although I do believe people should earn them by serious grinding / farming. They should not be for the casual gamer. They should be for the elite gamer who seeks to get the most out of the game possible and truly be at the apex of the game.

My suggestions do not break the balance, at least I don't feel they do. There is no competition in Dragon Fable. There is no "top character" list. No PvP. No interaction with other players whatsoever except on the forums. It's just defeating bosses (such as Inn at the Edge of Time challenges), dungeons, quests, monsters, etc. If people get a SLIGHT boost from my suggested items, I seek for them to farm / grind for them to earn them. To give them something more to do. I admit I got some of my ideas from AQ Worlds, and perhaps some of my ideas are a better fit there, although so what? Slightly better gear especially is not unreasonable to ask for, if it's EARNED.

Inn at the Edge of Time fights are getting more and more challenging.

Many of us have racked up a large amount of defender's medals, myself included. I am almost capped personally. I was briefly capped except for I tried "Gotta Start Somewhere" again with no avail. And since I've spent all my defender's medals on everything worth spending them on (except for food for inn challenge fights), they're just sitting in my inventory.

Once you've reached the pinnacle of the game, except for Inn at the Edge of time fights and when there is a war, it takes 30 minutes to complete all there is to do for that week (especially if you're a Doom Knight and / or Chaosweaver), unless you just want to grind EXP and Au from the Ninja arena.

It's not unreasonable for there to be something to strive for. For free players as well, although ESPECIALLY for Dragon Amulet holders.

Anyway, that's all I am going to say, before I get flamed, at least any more than I probably already will be.

On a side note, there is no level cap, or if there is, it's 91. It just takes a large amount of effort to achieve it for almost no benefit, and there is no gear beyond 90. Personally, RIGHT NOW, I do not desire a level cap unless there is an option to upgrade existing gear somewhere, however you obtain it, defeating the bosses for an upgrade item, defender's medals, Au, I don't care. DC items (especially LQS items) will probably be BMM, although I don't think all should be that easy. Regardless, I personally like the gear I have. :) Although if they do give an option to upgrade the gear, sure, bring the level cap on! :)

< Message edited by Cyrenius -- 6/23/2022 8:47:23 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= June 3rd Design Notes: Arena at the Edge of Time: Gotta Start Somewhere!
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition