Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Question regarding Geocastellum Barrier Skill

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Question regarding Geocastellum Barrier Skill
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/11/2022 9:22:54   
Super Saiyan Vegeta

Hey guys i was testing the barrier skill from the geocastellum armor skill today and was wondering is it possible to remain immortal if you use your health and EO to reach certain barrier thresholds of x0 where you are immortal to damage?
I'm guessing it would work great with a Beastmaster Mages, where after surviving the initial attack from the monster or using Whispering Rainment to go first, is it possible to just remain un-touchable for the remainder of a fight even if a monster has for e.g. 1mill hp by just healing up their health with spells or tomes and mana from tomes and then using that health with EO to further stack barrier duration to the next x0 damage threshold? All while their pets are doing all the damage and since they are immortal they can use offensive misc, pets, guests, armor and shields.
AQ  Post #: 1
6/13/2022 12:24:24   
Guardswordian

I'm sure everyone who's used Geocastellum armor skill wondered the same thing. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure it's impossible. If you prepare enough, it's possible, but that's only so far as you are prepared. For example, if you have a Kindred shield and stacked up the charges, you can guarantee that invincibility so long as you have enough charges to recover the SP. I'm not really sure about how mages would make it work, but here's the specifics of what I know:

The elemental modifier from the barrier goes to zero or close to zero only when you use the skill multiple times in one turn, meaning there's a limit to how much SP you can spend. Also, when you have a low enough modifier, using the skill extends the duration and raises the modifier, causing you to take more damage than before in exchange for extended duration. It's difficult to get it straight to 0. The first time you hit the x0 from a full SP and HP, you need to use 3600 HP with the essence orb to . That means you need to get back those 3600 HP in 9 rounds and have full SP for another guaranteed x0. However, this is very difficult. It's possible to get the HP by having healing guests and pets and using healing skills, but having the guest would reduce the SP recovery. If you use purple rain and you have 250 END, you can get a guaranteed 36 rounds of x0 invincibility (though by the end of that invincibility, you'll have lost some health because of essence orb). That should be enough to get you through most battles.

If you really want something that allows you to fight forever, I'd suggest an alternative: have low modifier, and use a mana shield and mana regen to practically be invincible. Mana regen is much easier than regenerating health, so maintaining it should be easier. You'd still need to use essence orb and regen health to maintain the barrier, but you'd need much less. For example, you could have Essence of Carnage as a guest, and use health regening weapon, with the pet covering for whatever needs help.
Post #: 2
6/13/2022 19:11:54   
Super Saiyan Vegeta

I ran a build just like that, except I didn't even need a mana barrier since anything short of a hard hitting-boss SP attack was doing flat out zero damage. With 3 resists across all elements and 2 for light and dark in FD Armor and was using the mutant egg pets for further damage reduction. I don't understand how the mana barrier works though, since I wanted to use a mana barrier from Book of Burns in that same build to cover for any damage that manages to get through my low resists and damage reduction but the mana barrier gets slowly used up every turn, even though I'm actually getting hit for zero damage per turn from the monster. Do you know why this is the case?
AQ  Post #: 3
6/14/2022 17:31:49   
lolerster

Yes it is possible. You can stack up the Geocastellum until it says x0 for 9 Turns. Within those 9 turns, you can easily run a build to full recover your HP and SP. This is especially easy with the level 5 Essence Orb, since the lowest level version of Essence Orb is still nearly twice as efficient as the level 150 version along with no penalty. Prior to the Mogloween Candy bag nerf, you can actually stack it to infinite turns of 0 damage taken on turn 1 (provided you have the time and the game has the memory to do so), but now you will probably have to settle for 9 turns at a time.

< Message edited by lolerster -- 6/14/2022 17:34:00 >
AQ  Post #: 4
6/14/2022 21:12:43   
ArchNero

quote:

mana barrier gets slowly used up every turn, even though I'm actually getting hit for zero damage per turn from the monster. Do you know why this is the case?

Unless i'm mistaken I'm 90% sure the reason why it says you're getting hit for zero damage, is because you're getting hit with no damage taken towards your health, and instead that damage is being re-directed towards your mana barrier instead of your health, which is why you're seeing the mana barrier be used up slightly each turn.

If you were getting hit for zero damage prior to activating a mana barrier in the same battle, then i'm not sure what's happening there.

< Message edited by ArchNero -- 6/14/2022 21:13:16 >
Post #: 5
6/15/2022 3:27:18   
Super Saiyan Vegeta

Yes I always get hit for zero damage on normal hits even without the mana barrier on that particular build against almost every monster and wanted to use a mana-barrier to cover for any damage that can get through my low resists and damage reduction from the mutant baby egg pets from say e.g. really hard hitting SP attacks or multi-elemental attacks. So even without a barrier I get hit for zero damage, but with the mana barrier applied my mana as-well as my barrier slowly decreases every turn, which I don't understand why that is the case since I'm getting getting hit for zero damage without it.

< Message edited by Super Saiyan Vegeta -- 6/15/2022 3:30:22 >
AQ  Post #: 6
6/15/2022 14:23:56   
Legendary Ash

The order of game engine functions may be that Sp/Mp barriers take place before Elemental Shields, which would explain why even at zero damage intake the deduction occurs.
AQ  Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Question regarding Geocastellum Barrier Skill
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition