Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ= Retro Golden Set

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Retro Golden Set
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/20/2022 12:26:07   
Bu Kek Siansu

Homepage: http://www.battleon.com/

Monday, June 20, 2022

COMING THIS WEEK!

Summer Z-Token Bonus
Z-Token packages give up to 30% more Z-Tokens!

Retro Golden Set:
Prepare for a concentrated dose of nostalgia, because we're bringing updated mechanics to the Retro Golden Mayor of our classic Uber sets! We wanted to do something special for our classic art fans, and so the original art for the Master-Crafted Golden Set will now be featured as a separate set. Hitting just as gloriously as the updated art!

*Awards a shiny golden tag*. ~Anim
Speaking of gold, check out the new "Gold rider" face in the custom face shop, generously donated by WingGuardianLeviOsa.

< Message edited by AnimalKing -- 6/20/2022 12:42:00 >
Post #: 1
6/20/2022 13:08:25   
dr jo

I am sure @scrouge Mc luck be happy another gold set, I hope lets us change on the accounts upgrader for gold fee
AQ  Post #: 2
6/20/2022 13:15:20   
Sphinx Jevoha

Wow!

@The Hollow, I have a request: Would it be possible to add a little "golden glow" effect to the Retro Golden Set's armor and shield? Basically the exact same thing which is shown in the Newletter, but with a mild glowing effect around the armor and shield.

I'm asking this because this armor was THE armor that set the hallmark standards for all FD ones:

a) Released back in 2004, that's nearly 2 decades back! Many AQ players weren't even born at that time!

b) The Godly defenses were the only thing that allowed players to beat Nightbane, Carnax, etc. for years.

c) Golden Set is one of the 2 "Most Wanted Armors", along with Icefall (Maybe this beauty, IceFall, could return as a Z-Token package? Hail Arthas!)

d) That crown!

Please do consider honoring my request and putting a little glowing effect around this legendary armor of Lore!

Cheers!
Post #: 3
6/20/2022 20:00:35   
PD

Awesome stuff. Always love it when older content gets revamped to modern standards. I really hope this also paves the way for the other Alnaphar items to get revamped as well. With emphasis on Reign because we haven't had a proper Fire MC set in a very long time, and Fire items in general are quite scarce when they're not permanently available. Maybe if there's time someday we ought to even ask for Gatekeeper to get revamped.

Also, if it's within the time budget, hopefully a few quest tweaks should be made as well. The Golden Quest (along with the other Alnaphar quests) are some of the most infuriating and time-consuming quests in the game. Maybe add a few checkpoints along the way to make it not as frustrating.
Post #: 4
6/20/2022 22:08:27   
Primate Murder

Does this count as the yearly MC Set?
AQ DF  Post #: 5
6/21/2022 4:49:45   
Kaizoku

Looks great! I'd rather not have laggy animations, though. The suggestion of revamping Reign set at some point too definitely gets a vote from me. I love that the armor received a face as well, it's simplistic enough that I could see myself using it unlike the overly set-specific helms that will only look good with one armor and awkward with everything else.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
6/21/2022 5:08:12   
Armsman

Oh no.

I remember the original release of the Golden Set.

And now it's RETRO.

I'm... I'm...!

I am OLD.
AQ  Post #: 7
6/21/2022 8:44:13   
icetears

Wow im quite excited for this release. I would love to see more retro releases. Please bring back retro faces too.
Post #: 8
6/21/2022 9:53:25   
Uskius

I'm wondering, will the current Golden armor be slightly updated along with the retro release? It got swept so long ago now that it still doesn't have an armor lean, and it might need a few minor tweaks to fit with the recent stat update, too.
AQ Epic  Post #: 9
6/21/2022 14:11:24   
battlesiege15

I remember farming gold back in the day and barely being able to afford the uber Nemesis shield. Oh now time has flown!!!!!!
AQ AQW  Post #: 10
6/21/2022 14:24:55   
Ninjaty

quote:

@The Hollow, I have a request: Would it be possible to add a little "golden glow" effect to the Retro Golden Set's armor and shield? Basically the exact same thing which is shown in the Newletter, but with a mild glowing effect around the armor and shield.

I'm asking this because this armor was THE armor that set the hallmark standards for all FD ones:

a) Released back in 2004, that's nearly 2 decades back! Many AQ players weren't even born at that time!

b) The Godly defenses were the only thing that allowed players to beat Nightbane, Carnax, etc. for years.

c) Golden Set is one of the 2 "Most Wanted Armors", along with Icefall (Maybe this beauty, IceFall, could return as a Z-Token package? Hail Arthas!)

d) That crown!

Please do consider honoring my request and putting a little glowing effect around this legendary armor of Lore!

Personally, I am against this. I already think the crown and cape are enough of a difference from the original. I prefer no glow, please, it should still be as close to the original as possible, otherwise it kinda defeats the purpose of it being a retro re-release.

I am extremely hyped for this. This is one of the few exceptions I'll make for my inventory; doesn't have to be rare, it just has to tickle my retro love. And this one definitely does that. I have valued my Golden Axe, the single item I own from the original set, for years. I never thought I'd get something that even resembled the rest of the set.

But since more Retro items are being released, could we perhaps one day have Retro Ice Katana, Retro Guardian Blade and Retro Blade of Awe? I really miss the old art. I know the latter two are no-drops, so if your "!!!" upgrade system cannot be tweaked to allow them, could they perhaps be made as toggles built into the existing items? That way, they wouldn't need to be their own items. Or they could be spawned as temporary weapons by clicking on the originals, and then replace the no-drops until logout?! :D

< Message edited by Ninjaty -- 6/22/2022 10:35:45 >
Post #: 11
6/22/2022 15:12:27   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

We'll do more retro releases, they are always so much fun! Remembering back to the days I found AQ and farming, farming, farming for the Golden Set. I added some of the sparkle effects from the armor to the weapon and shield. The retro armor also has a removable CC cape.
quote:

Does this count as the yearly MC Set?

Yes! Communicant will also be updated in about a month from now. The updated Communicant Set will have Melee, Ranged, and Magic weapon types. Plus a new helm and CC cape for the armor, and a lion pet. And yes, that quest is super old and will also receive an update. The Retro set will soon be available in Yulgar's Shop and MC'd for Guardians!
AQ  Post #: 12
6/22/2022 16:29:25   
kreem

quote:

Yes! Communicant will also be updated in about a month from now

Will we get a seperate MC set later this year or only communicant?

Hopefully communicant gets a guest added to the shop.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 13
6/22/2022 16:45:01   
RobynJoanne

@Hollow
When you say it is the yearly MC Set, do you mean that we will not have a new MC Set this year? Also, does this mean that the rest of the Alnaphar sets are not in this year's release schedule? I'm sorry if this is information you plan on releasing later. It just feels fitting to do all their revamps this year since their last update was in 2012, the 10th Anniversary year.

I'd also like to just thank the devs for everything that's come out this year. It's been a fantastic year for AQ with a bunch of revamps and QoL fixes. This week's release definitely feels like a celebration of the game's history to see some love given to retro items. While I wasn't around back when the Golden Set was originally released, I do love to see retro art once in a blue moon. I also love to see more FD gear. I can't wait to see how the devs have come up with a way to make Communicant stand out from Paladin.
Post #: 14
6/22/2022 21:13:53   
PD

@Hollow: Thanks for fitting a quest revamp into the schedule as well!

Though now that does raise questions as Robyn pointed out. I really do want to see the whole trio of sets (and Gatekeeper!) revamped as they all would cover design space and elements that are sorely lacking.

While we're going down memory lane, one of the more memorable and widely known uses of Golden set being to defeat nightbane by the legendary AQ YTer Zeruel82! At that point in time, the most popular way (and at time, only way feasible) to win very hard/"undefeatable" boss battles being to tank behind the ridiculous defenses and then let your pets do all the work while you heal-looped. Come to think about it, Heal-looping is probably still viable as a strategy, and against modern bosses probably an optimal strategy given that damage caps/boss battles are a thing and you have to more or less play Defensive AQ. I almost want to say in general that every single bubblewrap measure that exists today is just AQ telling us to play AQ "regularly" (aka, defensively. Match the opponent's element in your equips and miscs and then just whack them until they are dead) :P

< Message edited by PD -- 6/22/2022 23:43:47 >
Post #: 15
6/23/2022 15:12:40   
  Kamui
 Hashire sori yo Kaze no you ni!

Due to some IRL circumstances there's gonna be a slight delay on this. Shouldn't be more than a few hours, soon as I'm done with some stuff I'll be finishing up hammering out the armour. The whole set has quite a few neat tweaks to it that I think lots of y'all will like!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 16
6/24/2022 0:12:21   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

Yes, the Retro Golden and Communicant Set updates are this year's only MC sets. All of the older sets will be updated eventually but there is already so much going on this year.

You can now head on over to Yulgar's Inn and pick up your Retro Golden Set! Kam has also updated the original Golden Set items to lvl 150 and added the Legendary tag.
AQ  Post #: 17
6/24/2022 8:43:51   
  Ward_Point
Armchair Archivist

Really glad to see the old Golden Set being true to its original use. It was the best all-round set for Defence and offence, and the Toggle now reflects that.

Also, all owners of the Golden Set of Legacy items now have them upgraded to Level 150, and the items are named Legendary Golden (Item). Finally after 15 years I can use my Golden Set again!
AQ  Post #: 18
6/24/2022 10:45:56   
Kurtz96

I honestly forgot how insane the high communicant armor's elemental resists were. I thought the resists of the retro golden set were the same then I checked. 0_0

So the new armor/shield ability is a clone of paladin's skill? Any numerical differences to make one better than the other?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 19
6/24/2022 12:04:32   
Zentor

@Hollow

I literally came back to the game because of this set. I try to collect only rares and special offer items. Was just missing the retro look for an armour and sheild which i finally got for my look.

FYI: the original items have been changed to Legendary but i beleive there was a spelling mistake on the shield item if that could be fixed.

Thanks!

AQ  Post #: 20
6/24/2022 12:05:40   
Kurtz96

Does the 12.5% boost in spell/skill damage on the armor affect 100 proc weapons (wands, bows).
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 21
6/24/2022 14:13:17   
Legendary Ash

The 12.5% boost applies only to skill/spell, if a 100% proc compresses one such and it is used instead of the default special or fallback attack in case spells are disabled, it will receive the boost.
AQ  Post #: 22
6/25/2022 13:28:47   
Ninjaty

I feel like a childhood dream has been fulfilled. I am so very happy with this set.
I discovered the effect of the shield out of pure principle. I figured I'd rather go down swinging, than changing armor and shield in front of an undead. I was quite surprised when, despite the 90% Darkness, I barely look any damage. I had expected to be nearly or entirely dead! XD

Hey, for more Retro ideas, how about Retro monster house guards? There are many classics to choose from, like retro zards, truffles, undeads, drakels, behemoths, berserkers, werewolves, vampires, and one could even imagine old bosses like Zorbak, Kabroz, Drakonnon and Akriloth being included, for ultimate nostalgia. I think it would be a great way to preserve original fights, in a way we can access them at any time, by simply vising our own houses.

More item ideas, and since rares are not off the table, on account of the Golden Set being a thing: Retro Bludrut* and Krieger Blades*, Retro Dragonhand and Black Wartexx (or simply add higher level Z-Token variants?), Retro form armors!

* The auto changing versions, please. None of that "click to change" modern stuff; it is not nearly as interesting or fun.

With the loss of the special, I no longer feel positive about this update.

< Message edited by Ninjaty -- 8/1/2022 1:16:04 >
Post #: 23
6/27/2022 2:20:37   
King Darxonic

Kudos to AE for yet another fabled Retro release, it's amazing this game has been out for 20 years. Copped the whole set for novelty, and nostalgia.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 24
6/29/2022 13:45:07   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

I really do enjoy the retro sets. I don't recall If I was around for the first release of it. I know PUREvil would love them.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Retro Golden Set
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition