Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Light Lord's Blessing Imbue Buff

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Light Lord's Blessing Imbue Buff
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/17/2022 12:21:56   
Sphinx Jevoha

Hello there:)

When it comes to weapon Imbues, our choices are highly limited. We have, as of now, just 1 for a few elements, and some elements have no imbues at all.

All Imbues cost 5,900 Z-Tokens, but there is a very large difference in quality/value:

a) Terror Fist - Inflicts a powerful Afraid (multi-turn) + Weapon-darkness lock.

b) Fire Dragon Talon - 50% damage + Weapon-fire lock.

c) Thunder Wave Blade - Inflicts a potent Paralysis (multi-turn) + Weapon-energy lock.

d) Sneak Strike - Damage + Strong, stackable Poison (multi-turn)

e) Dragon Slayer Aura - When used with Dracomorgify, gives Void-Imbue (essentially 200% damage).

Now when you come to Light Lord's Blessing, it gives: Weapon-light lock. That's it. Nothing else. No effects, no bonus damage, nothing. A 2-round light-lock is significantly weaker than all of the other Imbues mentioned above.

Since the pricing is the same for all Imbues, I think the Light Lord's Blessing should be buffed to bring it on par with all of its counterparts.

For example, reduce the turn duration from 2 to 1, and instead add:

a) Light-lock + Blind inflict based on damage done.

(or)

b) Light-lock + 50% bonus damage.

These would justify the skill far more than a mere extra round of normal attack.

What do you guys think?

Cheers!

Post #: 1
7/17/2022 16:01:30   
Lv 1000

quote:

d) Sneak Strike - Damage + Strong, stackable Poison (multi-turn)

Sneak Strike only has a poison effect, it does not boost damage.

Now regarding Light Lord's Blessing, I'm of the mind that not all Imbues need to have special effects.
Post #: 2
7/17/2022 16:03:38   
Dreiko Shadrack

quote:

Now regarding Light Lord's Blessing, I'm of the mind that not all Imbues need to have special effects.

I'd have to agree with this, in fact in most of my use cases for imbues I actively do not want extra effects bloating the cost.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
7/17/2022 19:01:20   
CH4OT1C!

I also have to agree with the above. Aside from the controversy around how much they help vs hinder item design, not all imbues have to have effects attached to them.
AQ  Post #: 4
7/17/2022 20:04:34   
GwenMay

Honestly, I often find myself wishing many imbues were 2 turns instead of 1 turn + an effect. Whatever the effect is has to overcome having a 2nd turn with the imbue in your best wep-based attack.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Light Lord's Blessing Imbue Buff
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition