Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= The Communicant Set & Shark Week LTS

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= The Communicant Set & Shark Week LTS
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/25/2022 10:15:38   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

The Gilded Compound Bow only heals SP, while the Retro Golden/Communicant weapons heal a split of SP and MP in keeping with the hybrid identity of the armor.
Post #: 26
7/25/2022 10:58:55   
Ninjaty

quote:

well the axes both Retro and Communicant not having specials is intended so it seems.

Changing the stats of the Golden Set, but giving it an effect to compensate, is one thing; it is not supposed to be the single best set anymore. But why remove something as iconic as the weapon's special? It just seems so pointless and wasteful. That special may not have been seen by most players for many years, if they have ever seen it at all, but it is still a part of the weapon and it's history.

I really hope this is either just a bug, or that it has been temporarily removed to fix something.

< Message edited by Ninjaty -- 7/25/2022 11:39:33 >
Post #: 27
7/25/2022 16:57:49   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

The special was removed to better synergize with the toggle on the armor. Since the toggle effectively gives the armor a fully offensive lean with outgoing damage while maintaining a fully defensive lean for incoming damage, it's more effective to not have a special lowering your damage output.

Also the Shark Attack Helm was sitting far too low on the player head. Its positioning has been fixed! (thank you Broccoli)
AQ  Post #: 28
7/25/2022 17:54:45   
Ninjaty

If it was a choice between the two, then I'd rather the armor didn't have the toggle, to be honest. The toggle was a bonus that didn't exist before, so if the armor had never gotten it, nothing would've been lost. The axe is an iconic weapon, it had its special for about 18 years, and even when Communicant got made, it was given a similar special. Now, after all these years, the original set has seen a glorious celebration with its rebirth, new and old players finally got a chance to play around with it, only to then have some of its original charm taken away.

It just doesn't feel like the same weapon without it. It's almost like removing Guardian Dragon from the Dragonhand; sure, it could make the overall damage better and more consistent, but some of the identity of the weapon would just be lost. Except, there are other weapons with the Guardian Dragon special, so it's not even nearly as bad in that case. Now there are no weapons to carry on the Golden Axe special's legacy.

Can we please have copies of the weapons that do retain the specials, in addition to the no special ones? That way, players can choose if they want the truly retro experience, or the slightly more modern take on it.

< Message edited by Ninjaty -- 7/25/2022 18:08:24 >
Post #: 29
7/25/2022 18:05:33   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

The lean effect is not new, actually. It's a buff to a part of the armor's "Lionheart!" effect, which priorly only had a small chance to trigger when attacking. The special's effect is incorporated into the weapon's normal attacks in a similar manner.
Post #: 30
7/25/2022 18:17:40   
Ninjaty

No amount of extra power or consistency can replicate the experience of having the special, however. It was always there, a part of the weapon's function and visual identity. Since the special, in all its animated glory, no longer triggers, it is just not the same weapon. Even if it is more powerful or consistent, something magical and iconic about it has still been lost.

Numbers are only part of the experience of the game; the visuals play a big part too. Bigger numbers, tempting as they can be, simply cannot replicate or replace what is gained through a visual experience.

It's fine that the 0% versions exist. All I ask is, please create new versions that retains the special, in order to preserve it for those who might appreciate it. Alternatively, there could be a toggle on the weapon to switch between 0% and 20% special rate?

< Message edited by Ninjaty -- 7/25/2022 18:23:13 >
Post #: 31
7/26/2022 0:15:59   
Legendary Ash

As only Guardians are able to access Paladin's Offensive/Defensive lean toggle, Adventurers are limited to this sole gold priced option for Light Elecomp skills that is also restricted to Neutral lean, except Token associated equipment namely Fiend of Light, Lumeno Bloodmage for Offensive and Seraphim of Ver for Defensive from GGBs and Champion of the Light Realm for Offensive from Packages.

In an effort to retain older animation and art in the Communicant set update, it may be advisable to add both Weapon-based and Spell-type Light Elecomp skills to Communicant Armor that reuses the Weapon's 20% proc special animation to utilize the same compression consumed by Offensive Lean damage boost toggle to be on the same level as Haunted Dragonlord and Lost Talon that compress multiple skills, this allows players to pair the Melee Axe's 15% melee Sp heal to the Weapon-based skill and the Magic Axe's 15% melee Mp heal to the Spell-type skill.
AQ  Post #: 32
7/26/2022 10:13:27   
Bolter

well adding OG versions of the axe that remains the special is probably not a bad idea but it's up to the staff I guess. Anyway, will the misc gonna be implemented this week and any updates on the Zombie Bane Staff and Lion's Roar weapons? This week's newsletter mentions nothing about the Communicant set.

< Message edited by Bolter -- 7/26/2022 12:05:56 >
AQ  Post #: 33
7/27/2022 15:15:19   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

Yes, the Communicant misc is still coming later this week. New Communicant Crest Helm faces have been added to the Communicant Set I shop!

< Message edited by The Hollow -- 7/27/2022 16:13:06 >
AQ  Post #: 34
7/27/2022 16:36:00   
Count Crimson Helx

This weapon losing its special is very heartbreaking :(
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 35
7/27/2022 19:10:18   
Bolter

@Hollow: Oh I see, but anyway what about the Zombie Bane Staff and Lion's Roar weapons, any plans to updating them?
AQ  Post #: 36
7/28/2022 19:26:47   
  Ianthe
 formerly In Media Res

New Zombie Bane Staff is now live.
quote:

Updated Zombie Bane Staff

MC Light staff.

If you're at less than 60% MP, then the special does 50% damage and heals your MP by 75% of a standard special. Otherwise it's just pure damage.

MC: Deals Void damage against zombies.
Generic "+10% damage to undead" stuff is really common with this set, so I figured I'd make it unique.
AQ  Post #: 37
7/28/2022 20:00:57   
Bolter

Oh I see, though I was actually hoping for Melee and Ranged SP versions but oh well.
AQ  Post #: 38
7/28/2022 21:35:55   
Sphinx Jevoha

Could Lion's Roar also get an update? It is just an inferior Arcane Cutlass of Radiance at the moment.
Post #: 39
7/29/2022 3:48:05   
ArchNero

I really like the communicant set and shark week update.

Also slight off topic, I see IMR doing some adjustments to the game engine, I hope she's doing well and not forcing herself too hard, to complete whatever work needs to be done.
Post #: 40
7/31/2022 7:08:36   
Kaizoku

The update to the Zombie Bane Staff is awesome, thanks! I really enjoy these updates to old equipment. We have so much good existing art in the game, I for one am stoked to see things like Reign Plate, Nightmare set, Maurinelle's Melody (please!) and so on get much needed love from the staff.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 41
8/1/2022 0:33:45   
Ninjaty

quote:

This weapon losing its special is very heartbreaking :(

Tell me about it. I can't even play the game right now, or even think about the game, without getting really sad. My brain doesn't do well with the concept of loss.

I was praising the Retro Golden Set update as the best update the game had seen in over a decade. It was a literal dream come true! I was really getting back into the game; I had a brand new character, I was excited to see if I could make my plans for him work, I was buying Z-Token packages to get him geared up. And now, all that excitement is just gone. Something I never expected we'd lose, was just taken away out of nowhere, and it just changed everything for me, because it shows that nothing is sacred; not even the most treasured, iconic, and beloved items in the game.

As it stands now, the Nightmare set will be a lose/lose scenario. If it gets to keep the special, then the Golden set will feel even more tragic and unfair. But if it also loses the special, then the grave for the treatment of retro items will just be dug even deeper.

Please, AQ Staff, give us either a toggle on the weapons, or alternative versions of the weapons, that brings the specials back. I am not asking you to go back on the change, but simply to provide an alternative that grants the original, iconic experience. Let both kinds of players have the experience they prefer; more power or more true to the original.

If it is just a matter of how you want to prioritize the time of paid staff, I will gladly pay for the time of the staff member(s) that would need to implement one of these proposed solutions, for the entire duration it takes to implement. Just send me a link so I can pay via PayPal or something, once it is done, and I will gladly do it. Would that be something that could be arranged?

< Message edited by Ninjaty -- 8/1/2022 2:02:58 >
Post #: 42
8/1/2022 4:57:00   
Nameless King

Jesus christ how good is this axe special for you to be so crazy about it??!
Post #: 43
8/1/2022 6:24:29   
thhappycanoeist

thats so sentimental LOL.
Post #: 44
8/1/2022 8:51:37   
Ninjaty

quote:

Jesus christ how good is this axe special for you to be so crazy about it??!

It has nothing to do with how good they are. I would argue the same, even if the specials fully healed the monster or killed the player character.
The reason I argue, the reason I plead, and the reason I bargain, is because these specials are iconic aspects of iconic weapons, one of which goes all the way back to near the very beginning of the game. They are part of the game's history and legacy, they are part of how those weapons were made to be experienced and appreciated. It is all about preservation of art, and the experience that art provides.

That bit of additional power that not having having a special provides, could have been given to the axes in a number of different ways, but the staff decided to go for the only nuclear option available; it was the only option that took something other than pure numbers away. It took away something visual, a part of the weapons' art, and in case of the Golden Axe, some very old art.

< Message edited by Ninjaty -- 8/1/2022 9:22:47 >
Post #: 45
8/1/2022 9:38:30   
thhappycanoeist

I guess the player base is vastly divided on this. I also do not think this is too much of an issue. Chasing chaff takes time away from the much needed class updates/ ztoken package revamps, and more
Post #: 46
8/2/2022 3:14:45   
Nameless King

I understand your pain.It happens to me too when they nerf my lovely CIT~ I was furious and sad but it's all fine now~I find my peace by not playing this game for awhile lol.CIT has also been apart of the game for the longest run and that still get butchered.Just accept the fate of the golden axe my man.Gotta let go of the past because the past is history,tomorrow is a mystery but today,it's a gift~Now where have I heard this quote before.........

We always welcome feedback, however please keep the melodramatics in check.
The analogy was inappropriate and removed.
~Anim

< Message edited by AnimalKing -- 8/2/2022 5:42:30 >
Post #: 47
8/2/2022 21:41:34   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

The new Communicant's Wisdom Misc is now available and Kam has posted info subs! The misc will also load the Communicant helm on the Communicant series of armors when equipped.
AQ  Post #: 48
8/2/2022 22:11:13   
Lv 1000

Also posted in Info-Subs:

Can we get the breakdown of the reasoning for the status resistance costing so much on a misc compared to every other source of the effect in the game.
Post #: 49
8/3/2022 9:21:40   
Bolter

is the Lion's Roar weapon gonna be updated as well. Will there also be Melee and Ranged lv105+ special weapons to be added too?
AQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= The Communicant Set & Shark Week LTS
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition