Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Upcoming Package Updates!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Upcoming Package Updates!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/25/2022 15:17:30   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

Hello, everyone! We've been getting a lot of feedback about which Z-Token package to update next, so here's a thread to consolidate the discussion. What packages would you be most interested in seeing us update next? Whether you already own them and think they need some love, you want to see them really shine before adding them to your arsenal, or you've been around long enough to see them accumulate rust while the game evolved, we're interested in hearing your feedback!
Post #: 1
7/25/2022 15:50:29   
OG Ranger

Shogun & Ansatsu. Me and many other beastmaster players have wanted a high-damage fire guest for a LONG time. Making the fire and wind attacks the standard 1.5 damage would be wonderful. I don't know what you guys would do with the double attack. I would love double damage or close to double damage similar to doomquake minions.
AQ  Post #: 2
7/25/2022 16:03:56   
Dreiko Shadrack

Given the current updates following the transformation weapons I would wish that the next series of packages to be focused on be the champion ones, they're in dire need of it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
7/25/2022 16:30:55   
PD

The ones I'm looking most forward to:

Decimator
Griffin Rider (And Pet, make these work together as a set bonus!)
Tinkerer
Tribal Shaman
Scarred Crow
Cyber Assassin
Post #: 4
7/25/2022 16:42:15   
Cupquake

Airenal Champion is in dire need of a rework as the oldest and worst of the champion sets. It would be nice to give Airenal a 9999turn fragile skill as ShadowWalker is permanently rare. It could make sense thematically by trapping the mob in a vacuum.

The other champ sets are also in need of a lot of love.

I'd also like to see the Leeches get reworked. They need to be updated and also combined into one pet. Possibly also with an SP leech too. This would provide an alternative to those who missed the jelly pet from the Frostaval boxes.

While I'm happy to see the transformation weapons getting reworks, I would much rather see packages that need reworks the most get updated first.

< Message edited by Cupquake -- 7/30/2022 12:34:25 >
Post #: 5
7/25/2022 16:57:19   
Sphinx Jevoha

In my opinion, the Horn of Tera Suul badly needs an update. It is literally the oldest of these 20k and 50k Z-Token Packages, and one of the most iconic too. Tera Suul needs those 2 SP skills to compete with other Ice armors.

I would also say Light of Sunscale, as several others have also mentioned this.

< Message edited by Sphinx Jevoha -- 7/25/2022 17:08:38 >
Post #: 6
7/25/2022 16:59:37   
Inferno369

Agreed on Shogun and Ansatsu and Cyber Assassin.

Champion of Akriloth set, maybe? I would love to see it have its own identity and stand out. As it stands the armor itself is basically a fire clone of Tera'suul, with the burn effect and the resists.

Please don't touch the Akriloth shield though - it's honestly one of the best fire shields in game as is.

AQ  Post #: 7
7/25/2022 17:07:25   
Lv 1000

12k Token Packages
Cyber Assassin Armor
Decimator Armor
All of the Weapon/Shield combo packages.

20k Token Packages
Horn of Tera'Suul
Light of Sunscale
Mace of Custosilva
Dragonrider Mount Armor
Graverider Mount Armor
Griffin Mount Armor
Brackish Blade

50k Token Packages
King's Reign Set
Champion of Sinmaw Set
Champion of Tera'Suul Set
Champion of Airenal Set
Champion of Akriloth Set
Champion of Custosilva Set
Champion of the Light Realm Set
Post #: 8
7/25/2022 17:28:57   
Kaizoku

All the champs could desperately use something to make them into compelling options. While I do think it'd be best they weren't the best armors because of their price, I haven't bought them solely because of how bland they are.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 9
7/25/2022 18:03:24   
Red Blood

Alright I have a bit of a list but I also agree in general the Champion Packages need a heavy go over given how most of them are seen as jokes/ near useless.

Horn of Tera Suul: Getting a update like the other transforming weapons.
Demon Warrior Armor: Could if nothing else need the skill adjusted due to caps given it's a 1 hit.
Z-Blade: If we are talking about rusted old items may want to look at this one again simply due to the age. Personally as a zero proc lover I'd love a non token rain version.
Dainashini: Could we get a zero proc version and if it isn't too much a toggle to make it shift forms to at least magic to offer another general use bleed weapon. If not just make it a series item rather than the sword alone. Also new bleed vs the old version still on the weapon.
TimeSlayer Axe: Despite the theme the forms being tied to points of the year make this a rotate out item vs what could be a decent effect compression weapon. How you'd balance the cost of being able to compress all the effects/elements into it I'd have no idea granted but it's a package I have that really sticks out for seasonal aspect.
Kickstarter Hero armor: Could either use a rate up on the meteor attack or it being converted to a skill. Outside the compression it has a hard time being something I'd pick over similar choices when it's 1 out of 10.
Dragon's Secret Items: in general this entire shop needs some love, and higher lvl versions of the content inside. The most interesting one if I had to pick just one would be the Gnomish Crossbow however.
Kingdom Breaker: slap a ranged mode on it and call it a day unless there is a desire to give it another effect rather than just pure extra damage.

One final thing I could think to mention could items from the older calendar/ physical merch items no longer in stock get converted into a package items given their otherwise rare status? If not it's fine bout wouldn't mind some clarification if they are all considered perma rare or not after they are no longer available.

< Message edited by Red Blood -- 7/25/2022 18:26:08 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 10
7/25/2022 20:21:11   
dr jo

Dragons secret shop needs updating weapons/armour to LV 150
AQ  Post #: 11
7/25/2022 20:28:22   
KuronekoAlchemist

Hydro Blaze Shield

Elightus Set
Weapon still has a small bug, end a fight in melee form then the next fight it will be in magic.
AQ AQW  Post #: 12
7/25/2022 22:56:17   
MetalKnight

Decimator Armor - need rework, also might need a re-edit the art design to make blank areas less, detail better, like the Decimator Visor Face from Warlic's custom face shop.
The Champion sets of 50k packages all - all champion sets might need rework.
Demon Warrior Armor - need a rework/update, and might need change the name to avoid confusion because there is same name of another armour in the GGB shop.
King's Reign Set - that really need get revamp... and maybe should make the set focus on the combos rather than pure damage like, repeat the same attacks again(no celebrity/extra turn!) with little random chance, which that fits the extra attack description.

< Message edited by MetalKnight -- 7/25/2022 23:12:58 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 13
7/26/2022 15:50:03   
RobynJoanne

2.5k Z-Token Tier
Hydro Blaze Shield: -25 resist instead of -26
War Totem: Old misc with some outdated standards. The very idea may be worth reworking. Most monsters do not have that much MP, so damaging their MP to heal one's own MP is limited. It would help if the first spell could also target HP once the monster runs out of MP.
Frostwalker's Secret Bow: Just like the other weapons of the Frostgale set, this has a very mediocre Freeze. The main problem is that we have Timekiller Bow for Freeze, which makes Freeze bows even more contested.
Paladin Avenger Maul: The Undead trigger stipulation hurts it immensely. However, changing it could be a thematic problem, so it may not get a change. It's still worth mentioning.

6k Z-Token Tier
Tinkerer: Outdated skills
Sacred Chicken: Technically, it's fine. In practice, it's quite lacking. It doesn't have two modes, and unreliable healing is rarely helpful. However, changing it into merely a toggle between a damage mode and a healing mode would also be bad since it would compete with Anemo Godmother.
Sabre Tooth Grenwog: It's an Earth clone of Deatharrows with a save vs End instead of vs Int. We have an Earth version of Deatharrows, and we also have the F2P Woolzard for Earth EleVuln. All three have mathematical errors. Sabre Tooth Grenwog and Deatharrows both lack a /0.85, so they're slightly underpowered. Woolzard is just very weird.

7.5k Z-Token Tier
Gambler's Blade: This is really bad. Unreliable effects on a weapon special, which is inherently unreliable, just make this completely unusable for any practical purpose.
Dainashini Katana: Old weapon with outdated standards that make certain tags and monsters of its element immune to its effect. It also has to compete with Shark Sabre for a Melee Water weapon that inflicts Bleed.
Ninemares: Paragon Ice Blade is just a better version of this weapon that's also F2P.
Timekeeper Staff: The Celerity chance isn't right.
Health/Mana Leech: Given the precedence of the Jelly pets, I believe that these should be combined and include an SP option.

12k Z-Token Tier
Tribal Shaman: This uses outdated standards. It takes an omni-elemental penalty, which it shouldn't.
Gudbrand and Gudskelduz: The former's effect loses a lot of synergy with the latter due to the stat revamp. The latter's Ice Burn gets a *61/41 multiplier instead of normal EleComp. Finally, and this is merely an idea rather than a balance issue, I think people would like it if it used the Titan's Fall/Frost Titan Head's effect of scaling with the number of hits blocked.
Crystalpyre: We have the Carnafex weapons for compression. The bow is unique, but this is still a problem.
Cyber Assassin: Technically, it's fine. In practice, it's very unreliable. The devs could repurpose the katana animation into a skill that inflicts Paralyze instead.
Decimator: Old-lean and Fragile has no standardized value. It also, like Tribal Shaman, takes an omni-elemental penalty.
Flareos: Its effect uses outdated standards that make certain tags and monsters of its element immune to its effect.
Ironbloom Maul/Shield: The former's a Defloss weapon. DefLoss that requires hits is pointless.
Megathirio Axe/Shield: The former is a weapon that gains power by killing monsters up to +10% per login session. This is one of the most unpopular effects in the game since it's slow and unrewarding. The latter is a shield that inflicts Choke on blocking. Considering a dodge playstyle seeks to avoid getting hit at all, reducing damage is just redundant.

20k Z-Token Tier
Brackish Blade: Disease on a weapon special just isn't useful. Disease is already an unpopular effect, and even when it could be useful, one would want it to be reliable to block a monster's healing when necessary. As it is on a 10-proc, this effect only happens once per battle on average. Unless it happens early on, the Disease could be completely useless even against monsters that heal since it procs after the heal.
Griffin Pet: Outdated standards. This should at least be a toggle pet that pays 50% pet damage + MC for the Blind.
Dragonrider Mount Armor: The basic MCs hurt the armor, and lean change alone doesn't save it considering most players stick to a single build for min-maxing.
Griffinrider Mount Armor: This requires an actual MC now that EleLock is not one.
Graverider Mount Armor: This requires an actual MC now that EleLock is not one.
Plague Pick: Seekrat's Choke skill has an erroneous /0.85 in its calculation. It would also have been better if it had paid 50% damage x EleComp instead of 50%/EleComp. It would have a much stronger Choke if applied this way.
Devouring Scythe: The'Galin's Frigid Hatred inflicts a Cold that is half as strong as it should be, but it also gets EleComp when it's not an elemental status effect.
Other Transformation weapons that have yet to be revamped: since the devs seem to be doing this already, I won't say anything more.
El Muchacho: While it has many modes, most aren't really good. The normal mode is a basic +5% damage MC. The DefLoss mode is yet another DefLoss effect that first requires hits connecting. The Burn mode is inferior to Fireheart Warbow's, another Fire 100-Proc Ranged weapon's, Burn. The Daze mode inflicts Daze, a generally bad status effect. The Shield mode is now worse than the MADM weapon.

50k Z-Token Tier
Literally all the packages here

With all that said, I agree with Cupcake. The 50k Z-Token packages are some of the worst in the game, and considering they cost so much, they should absolutely get priority.

I also agree with Red Blood on the physical merch/package idea. We already have precedence in Chronomancer Z, and other AE games have also added new ways to get Calendar items for Calendars that are no longer in Hero Mart.

< Message edited by RobynJoanne -- 1/23/2023 21:00:34 >
Post #: 14
7/26/2022 19:40:59   
Rafiq von den Vielen

+1 Lazer Blazer.

I actually bought one and for the love of god I want to use it just once in my life. If only there weren't so many better options to mess around with if you play FD.
Post #: 15
7/28/2022 8:55:17   
Yozai

Heromart Packs.

I would really like to have:

Doomknight, Dragon's Secret and Chronomancer updated to level 150.

In Dragon's Secret there is a spell Melore's Dark Statue, this would be awesome if it got updated to a dark freeze. Fit's better than paralyze if one reads the book.
AQ  Post #: 16
7/28/2022 11:09:26   
Kaizoku

quote:

In Dragon's Secret there is a spell Melore's Dark Statue, this would be awesome if it got updated to a dark freeze. Fit's better than paralyze if one reads the book.

I loved Dragon's Secret so much that I went out of my way to read it for my nephew too! It's definitely the one Heromart shop I'd like updated the most, and this suggestion is spot-on!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 17
7/28/2022 12:56:30   
sunblaze

I disagree about the Gamblers blade.
Yes its highly unreliable ant thats true but so isusing Blade of Awe with all its specials (and not fix it to one specific).
It has its place since its specials seem more powerful. But getting rid of that self-slash sure would be nice.
Then again its a gambling blade literally!

Its "chance" idea should certainly stay no matter how remade it gets done.
AQ  Post #: 18
7/28/2022 13:19:33   
battlesiege15

One request I think many people would really appreciate. Can we please get hyperlinks to the offical entries for the sets through the token package page? Right now, it's cumbersome to try to find the info submissions for a lot of them and not everyone of them even have OFFICIAL info subs or none at all (which are highlighted in red below). If someone finds better links for the items, please let me know and I will update accordingly! Updating this in pieces so it doesn't accidentally delete everything.
Hydro Blaze Shield: I think updates to make the second highest tier to be 135 would be appreciated especially for adventurers. -26% resistance would be nice too but I think it may have high MRM instead to make up for loss of 1% resistances? Not sure.
War Totem Misc: Very niche but could be useful. Of course, update to make it 0.5* Water resitance. Any chance to make the INT boost to +50 instead of +35? The 2 spells are interesting especially for quests that have MP wielders. It's outshined by Warlic's Orb but that's locked behind an UR (and this behind a cheap package set). Updated tiers pls.
Zealot's Arsenal: No updates needed.
Frostwalker's Secret Bow and Hoods: It's on par with the other set weapons. No point in changing it really. Any chance the shop could made to include the other set's weapons and/or items so you don't have to go through the entire MC quest again? lol
Paladin Avenger Maul and Helms: Seems good enough, just need a confirmation it works on Undead mobs only.
Necromancer Apprentice Staff and Hats: No official subs. Sounds like the same as the above but without a trigger needed to gain charges? Not sure.
Z-Blade Scythe: Seems Rare and can't remember which package tier it was in... But anyways, items already scale these days which was the whole point of this weapon. It has really amazing art and special. How about giving this weapon a +X% chance of gaining tokens at the end of the battle since the special is literally plummetting your foes with tokens? We have a cap of tokens per day anyways so this wouldn't be the end of the world to help you reach the cap faster? Idk, that may just be me. If not, maybe a toggle to let you use gold for extra damage OR tokens like the Mimic pets and contract guests.
Tinkerer Armor: Seems pretty updated already aside from tiering. Steampunk Fire/Energy armor with Fire and Energy skills with ele-comp. Nothing too fancy.
Sacred Chicken Pet: Like other said, nice but nothing special. Why not just have it toggle between Heal and Damage mode?
Lazer Blazer Armor: Idk much about it but update tiers. Seems like a fun armor that's pretty interactive. 10/10 would like more of these (and also updates to the Bag O' Bones by Zorbak in Warlic's shop pls).
Luminous Fire Rooster: Fire and Light seeking pet. Nothing special tbh.
Titan's Tide Weapon and Spells: Decent items. Not much to add or change.
Cockatoo Cannoneer Pet:Fire/Wind seeking pets. Would be nice to have it cost X HP for extra damage because it's a literal cannon shooting at your foes. (Blast of the cannon is strong but damages you, the player, because of recoil).
Spirit of X: Only 2 are listed on the page but I think that's intended?
Arsenal of Wukong: Uhhhh I know these have info subs but Google has failed me :(. Something about fire weapons boosting LS chance or damage I think...? Pls help. Found them but had to go back to info subs from 2016. Fire weapons with 20% special and 1.5* LS rate. Pretty nifty. As a Zodiac weapon, why not give it a bonus of +X% damage or +X BTH when it's time for Chinese New Year (Jan-Feb). Would be a nice little thing for all the Zodiac items!
Searing Brand: Just a Fire/Energy swapping weapon. Really not worth being in a $25 package as it is (sorry to say, but it's true).
Shogun and Anatsu Guest: Great guest. Just make it toggleable so we don't have to click through every single option.
Blood Contract MiscGive it a toggle so it can cost extra HP for extra damage similar to the Bloodmancer/Bloodzereker armors! (Jk... or am I...?)
Gambler's Blade: Fun weapon. I think the random specials is exactly what a Gambler's weapon should be. Also, it is misspelled as Gamber's Blade which makes it a little hard to find when searching through subs.
Dainashini Katana: Such a pretty weapon. Nostalgia when this used to be one of the best water weapons in the game when it first came out. :D
Scarred Crow Armor: FD Earth armor with Wind Skill to inflict blind. Pretty nifty and pretty graphics wise. Anyway to change it so that all of the ele-comp goes towards the effect instead of damage? An ele-comp of 1.04651 isn't much of an-ele-comp haha.
Ninemares: Again, beautiful weapon but is only ele-switch between Ice and Dark. This weapon looks perfect to add a Burn effect somehow but that's just me.
Timekeeper Staff: Light staff with chance for Celerity. I like it and do think that it's nice that it factors in the pets when determining the chance. Update the Chrono Blades to also have this effect pls.
Buffalot Beach Bod Skill/ Arcane Amplification/ Una Poca de Gracia Spell: Great as is. I think the CHA spell scales whereas the other 2 don't so make the others on the same standard?
Royal Wedding Cake Pet: TBH we'll probably see more of these like we have with the Fruit shields and I would welcome it! Any chance to add an effect where we can skip our turn to gain extra charges?
Strawberry/Blueberry/Orange Shieldcakes: No info subs for Blueberry or Orange but they're Water clones. Honestly, this shield has everything
Health & Mana Leech Pets: Well, these pets have lots of potential as evidence by the Cometoid Jelly pet. Any way they can be made to toggle between MP and HP isntead of having 2 separate pets?
Bloodthorn Armaments with updated weapon and shield: Already updated.
I'll stop here because the next few tiers have a lot. But before I do, these items def need info subs becuase I cannot find them:
- Iron Bloom Maul and Shield
- Shadowrend Armaments
- Superior Knowledge: I think this does extra damage vs foes with < 0 INT?

< Message edited by battlesiege15 -- 7/28/2022 14:55:39 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 19
7/28/2022 17:24:02   
thhappycanoeist

the 50k packages being so bad comparatively seem like a slap in the face for many players who got them. For that price range, should definitely be prioritised for updates
Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Upcoming Package Updates!
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition