Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ= Chessmaster Saga - Checkmate

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Chessmaster Saga - Checkmate
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/1/2022 11:28:13   
PD

From the Homepage: https://www.battleon.com/

quote:

COMING THIS WEEK!

Summer Z-Token Bonus

Z-Token packages give up to 30% more Z-Tokens!

Chessmaster Saga - Checkmate:

As the Season of Consequences reaches its peak, the conclusion to the Chessmaster Saga is finally here! The war resumes as you pursue Karuna through the Dawnstone Path, racing to stop her plan before the reservoir of Creation falls to her control. The Deep cannot fall -- You must win a decisive victory to overcome the Numbered Beasts without leaving yourself open to Entropy!

Tag you're "it". (Properly this week. =p) ~Anim

< Message edited by AnimalKing -- 8/1/2022 12:01:01 >
Post #: 1
8/1/2022 11:54:44   
Lv 1000

Reservoir of Creation sounds cool. Gives me vibes of something, but I can't quite place it.
Post #: 2
8/1/2022 13:06:08   
Uskius

^ A race to protect powerful orbs so a chosen one/former hero can't use them to take advantage of a Reservoir of Creation also gives me vibes of something that I may or may not have written several years ago. Anyhoo, I'm very excited to see how the saga ends. Can't wait for this release.
AQ Epic  Post #: 3
8/1/2022 16:13:26   
PD

It's worth noting at the time of this post that we've still got another 2% left to finish up on the war. I have emptied my estates but hopefully we can end this war before this one comes out! When the last war is finished I suppose I'll update this post or make another to say it's over.

Related note though: We really should consider the idea of being able to re-buy war collectibles. As I said before I never war because inventory space is scarce and those collectibles just end up permanently taking space forever. And of course asking staff to manually re-add items back to your inventory is a hassle. It'd be nice to be able to buy them only when you really need it. If that were a thing I would have done my 2500 war waves and the war would be done that much sooner.
Post #: 4
8/1/2022 17:09:15   
Cupquake

quote:

Related note though: We really should consider the idea of being able to re-buy war collectibles. As I said before I never war because inventory space is scarce and those collectibles just end up permanently taking space forever. And of course asking staff to manually re-add items back to your inventory is a hassle. It'd be nice to be able to buy them only when you really need it. If that were a thing I would have done my 2500 war waves and the war would be done that much sooner.

I have to agree. It should be easy to implement as well. You can't buy war titles without having enough wins. The war win rewards could simply be added to the same shop and given the same restriction.
Post #: 5
8/1/2022 17:46:05   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

I'm bringing this up with the team, it'd be a nice upgrade to QoL and workflow alike if we can do it.
Post #: 6
8/1/2022 18:13:20   
PD

1% to go!!! THE WAR IS OVER!!!

Also thanks for bringing it up to the staff. If it gets done I'll definitely give wars more a go in the future. And I think a lot of people would appreciate the ability to free up space in the inventory too. And it also means less staff work as they won't have to add the items to the characters - We can simply just go through the end of the war and buy it at the shop.

I guess the biggest question - How easily can this be done retroactively? I think I could at least try to look up all the previous wars in recent years that have had collectibles and then list them out with locations so that it would be easy to try to retroactively add them back.

< Message edited by PD -- 8/1/2022 19:33:04 >
Post #: 7
8/1/2022 20:25:02   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

If it can be done, it wouldn't be a difficult task. It would, however, be very time consuming.
Post #: 8
8/1/2022 20:33:56   
Dreiko Shadrack

I don't think this would be very easy for the old Top X rewards for wars because that was subjective to those specific periods, the recent threshold ones are easier to do given that the war titles already use the same code in the shops. Nevertheless one would still need to go hunting for the files and add said code.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
8/2/2022 15:54:07   
PD

Thanks for answering back on the feasibility of retroactively adding those items to the shops - It was more of a theoretical question (although it would be ideal!) on the ability to do it. I guess I could still go through the exercise of going through all the war portals in the last 5 years and then seeing what items would satisfy the criterion for the fixed tier rewards just so it can be kept for reference. Otherwise yeah, I understand that there are more pressing things to do with the time budget that the staff has, and only adding items forward for now will be good.

That said, is this event going to be another war? Not that I mind of course. More wars are nice, and it would be a nice opportunity to implement the request to add the collectibles to the war shops. Perhaps if it's another war we should probably think about reducing the number of waves for wars because even with estate optimizations wars can still take well over 2 weeks at times. Maybe just the standard 1 million this time around instead of what we had last war?

@LoreKeeper: Thanks for the info!

< Message edited by PD -- 8/2/2022 16:56:55 >
Post #: 10
8/2/2022 16:33:08   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

We gathered that 3m was a bit excessive, thus the initial reduction, although health and scheduling matters wound up making it so that the proper wave size for the narrative context would've resulted in an overburdened team. Checkmate will indeed be the other war of this summer, as a conclusion of this two-part war in the story. This will wrap up the first half of the event, and the Chessmaster arc with it!
Post #: 11
8/3/2022 9:05:29   
battlesiege15

Please tell me that this entire saga was made just to use the title of "Checkmate" for the finale lol
AQ AQW  Post #: 12
8/3/2022 9:48:48   
weatherseed
Ribarg!
Contest Winner

Now I'm wondering what the largest war and what the longest war were. I seem to remember some of the old ones taking forever.
AQ  Post #: 13
8/3/2022 13:14:27   
battlesiege15

I think there was one point in AQ history where we finished a war (war B) that was released after a prior war (war A). War A released --> War B released --> War B was finished before War A. Was it the Bun-Bits war?
AQ AQW  Post #: 14
8/3/2022 14:40:42   
PD

At least in recent memory, I think it was the 2-sided Blarney War (Love is in the Air!) from last year. I think that one took over a month (3/18 - 4/28). That one was particularly long because estates were initially disabled, and then you could only send 1 war wave at a time. I think there was one awhile ago from I think the Ultimon Saga where a lot of waves were decimated because we were taking too long.
Post #: 15
8/4/2022 10:21:55   
Cupquake

Will the war win rewards from the previous Chessmaster war be sent out today?
Post #: 16
8/4/2022 12:06:23   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

The extra war prizes should be delivered by the time this week's release goes live on Friday.
AQ  Post #: 17
8/4/2022 14:59:00   
Uskius

quote:

This will wrap up the first half of the event, and the Chessmaster arc with it!

Wasn't expecting there to be another half of this, so I'm very excited!
AQ Epic  Post #: 18
8/5/2022 15:16:04   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

The finale of the Chessmaster Saga has finally arrived!
AQ  Post #: 19
8/5/2022 15:22:05   
PD

Let's go! My armies are ready just in time.

Also again, hope we get those QOL changes so that we can rebuy/resell the war rewards. We should just start with these 2 wars for now. I really hope to be able to finally participate in a war without worrying about needing to buy more slots down the road for unsellable items.

EDIT: The MWP bug has been fixed, yay!

< Message edited by PD -- 8/5/2022 17:09:34 >
Post #: 20
8/5/2022 15:27:17   
Dreiko Shadrack

quote:

The finale of the Chessmaster Saga has finally arrived!

It seems the wrong weapon war kill reward was sent out, Mighty Axemaster's Atoner was what I got instead of Commander's Stormlight Glaive.

Face was correct though.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
8/5/2022 15:34:13   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

Ok that has been fixed and the correct prizes delivered!
AQ  Post #: 22
8/12/2022 0:58:51   
Corvid

Returning player after many years. Love the nostalgia and the idea of war prizes... makes fighting in the war more exciting! The item upgrader is also another new feature to me that fixes the game. It makes AQ rewarding for new characters without the bummer of missing out on high level versions of war prizes. Thanks for keeping this game and story alive after all these years!
AQ  Post #: 23
8/17/2022 10:06:27   
Primate Murder

@ Warmongers

Can I ask you guys to delay sending in the estates for a few days?

The war's gone by far quicker than I expected, and I'm still almost a thousand wins away from 2500. I'd really appreciate a chance to rack up those wins during the remaining 10% if at all possible.

Thanks!
AQ DF  Post #: 24
8/18/2022 13:33:09   
PD

My big question for this war is that now that the staff has been informed about the idea of rebuyable collectables, will this be the first war to actually implement that feature? Along with the QoL update this week, I feel like it should be done at least for this war, and the Pawn Race War. Along with future wars I hope this was/is implemented.

PS: 99%, just a few more waves and the Chessmaster Saga is over!

EDIT: War's over, let's go!

spoiler:

Going through the boss gauntlet now, I think the Prime Sandstorm is a little too strong? I ended up getting dazed for 27 rounds.

Hm, seems like the war rewards aren't ready yet. It seems that we're supposed to get a spell for the challenge gauntlet too...

< Message edited by PD -- 8/18/2022 14:43:23 >
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Chessmaster Saga - Checkmate
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition