Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Coming this week: Paleskull Items and Z-finity Gauntlets

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Coming this week: Paleskull Items and Z-finity Gauntlets
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/12/2022 18:18:07   
blex12345

Agree with PD. Could the reward shop show how much you donated when you open the shop since it already need to know so you can only purchase what you are entitled to.
I didn't keep tab of how much I donated but I know it is over 1000 and under 2000.
Post #: 51
9/12/2022 19:18:38   
Sapphire

+1 on what PD is suggesting
Post #: 52
9/12/2022 22:45:52   
Korriban Gaming
Banned

+1 for PD's idea
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 53
9/13/2022 2:31:01   
Aura Knight

quote:

Is that for character id# 2698598? The record shows you only gifted 1000 on that character.

Well that's awkward. I appreciate the check. To prevent future confusion I too would like to throw a vote of support for a personal donation counter in game. Would help prevent this fail in the future.

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 54
9/13/2022 5:25:36   
Dreiko Shadrack

+1 from me as well.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
9/13/2022 7:34:11   
Macho Man

Yup I had to use a spreadsheet to remember how much I donated and when, especially when I was going for the daily misc item. I think these updates will really improve the contests and make it so much easier. +1
I also wouldn't mind a mini fsb for the other items, the farthest I got were the weapons so a mini weapon and shield fsb would be nice
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 56
9/13/2022 9:30:24   
  Kamui
 Hashire sori yo Kaze no you ni!

Mkay, the Paleskull Helm misc is now out, but there's some minor issues with the actual "helm" part of it. So you can equip it, but it won't actually give you the helm part just yet. Hope y'all enjoy the misc!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 57
9/13/2022 9:31:35   
Korriban Gaming
Banned

So the weapon just came out today and I personally feel that it's a tad bit underwhelming, at least compared to the other set items which have been nothing short of amazing. I understand that it got the effect based off the most upvoted suggestion (the suggestion that I supported as well). In hindsight, it did seem quite appealing on paper but I guess it just hits different in-game. Since we will likely get a small change to how the items work based off the suggestions here as well as some numbers that needs fixing, I have a few suggestions on how to improve on the weapon

1. Buff the skill's damage based off how much is converted (there might be a reduction in the conversion to compensate this so I'm not such a big fan if there's such a tradeoff, especially if it's a significant one)
2. Let regular attacks with the weapon have a chance of inflicting choke or ele empower. Obviously won't be super high numbers but it's better than nothing I guess

Edit: Wow that timing lol. Ok I just saw the misc. Would it be possible to shift the ele-empower to choke eater skill to the misc instead and have the weapon take on the 2nd suggestion?

< Message edited by Korriban Gaming -- 9/13/2022 9:40:52 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 58
9/13/2022 10:32:00   
kreem

Everyone I know is saying that helm doesn't appear in the shop sometimes; even if it appears once for you it might disappear the next time you visit the shop.

We've all cleared our caches
Should be fixed, thanks Hollow. ~Anim

Also can we get proper info subs on the weapons?

< Message edited by AnimalKing -- 9/13/2022 10:50:59 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 59
9/13/2022 14:40:18   
Dardiel

Somewhat in line with Korriban, it feels like the set doesn't "work" unless you were in the top 50. In the top 50 the set comes together as this really cool system of inflicting Choke then converting it to Empower, then having the option to fire off powerful attacks or double down by converting *that* to Choke and either leaving the enemy dealing minimal damage for a turn or eating it once again to become even stronger with a feedback loop.

Without the pet or armor though, the system is kinda just "You got hit so you have an Empower, you can turn it into a Choke if you want" without any of the cool loop option or any real way to increase the strength of either one.

That said, I realize that the items are already made so I'm only piping up for in case there's already the thought that something should be done with any of them. My proposal would be for the loop to be made available to the lower tiers via the "Choke to Empower" effect being granted on one of the misc/shield/weapon, or to support the "increasing power" gameplay in a simpler way by having one of the misc/shield/weapon apply a permanent Empower to the player that can be eaten for the appropriate Choke.

I could be biased though, so I do acknowledge that this suggestion is coming from someone that was only in the top 100 and that really loves permanent effects / feedback loops like is possible for the top 50.
Post #: 60
9/13/2022 16:13:33   
Sapphire

The weapon is bad.

The weapon eating elepower to inflict choke makes little sense in most scenarios.

The armor already can inflict choke, so using the armor skill is preferable to the weapon skill as any elepower would remain. I'll take a remaining elepower + choke over losing elepower in exchange for choke any day of the week.

If you don't have or use the armor, there are and will continue to have in the future other ways to inflict choke w/o losing the ele power.

In practical use, the skill doesn't make any sense ....at all.

The weapon needs revised to either do something else, or reduce its normal attack to inflict an effect. As it currently stands, it's best case-usage is creating the set's FSB and outside of that, it makes for a great dust collector on display in storage
Post #: 61
9/14/2022 0:04:02   
GwenMay

I completely disagree with all the criticism of the weapon and misc. Both are great and, frankly, the best summer donation weapon and misc we've ever received --- it's not even close.

First, after three years of trying, we finally got a 0 proc donation weapon. For me, that's a huge win.

Beyond that, the weapon at base is a three hit efficient water skill compressed into a weapon. That's really good, especially against damage caps. It's basically the efficient skill from Airenal's Lance, Akriloth's Hatred, and Sinmaw's Maul, just in water and without the built-in armor. Those weapons/armor skills are very useful and were all well received. The ele empower eating is just gravy on top of that.

@SapphireCatalyst2021 complains that the weapon turning ele empower into choke "doesn't make any sense." This complaint is founded on the assumption that a player would never want choke over ele empower. Obviously, this is not true; any boss with damage caps is going to prefer choke over ele empower, because ele empower provides basically no benefit and choke lowers incoming damage from a high power boss monster. Switching between ele empower to choke also allows the player to "double dip" by using the ele empower for quickcast heals, shields, and damage skills before re-using that ele empower to convert to choke. Further, the weapon skill is designed with damage caps in mind; it enables the player to cheaply maximize its damage through multiple hits and to exchange ele empower, a useless status against damage caps, for choke, a useful status against bosses.

The weapon is actually an integral part of the set's design. The ability to switch between ele empower and choke enables players to switch between defensive and offensive strategies. Both the armor and the pet provides the player with the ability to exchange choke for ele empower; the weapon is necessary to go from ele empower to choke, which is beneficial in certain situations as explained above. The abundance of choice is one of the best aspects of AQ gameplay, and the Paleskull wep (and set overall) provides players with a lot of choices.

Further, I think some people may be under the misconception that the weapon eats all of the player's ele empower for choke. That's not true; like the pet and armor choke eating skills, the weapon's ele empower eating skill is also capped, and you keep any ele empower that remains after the cap. So, you can choose to build up ele empower to convert to choke or vice versa.

@Dardiel argues that the "set doesn't 'work' unless you were in the top 50." This is also not true. The weapon, shield, and misc each combo well with each other; the shield creates ele empower that the sword skill can eat, and the misc provides potency for the sword skill plus an extremely valuable omni damage booster with cha/luk stat boosts. Yes, the set is "better" if you have the pet and armor, because it's a synergistic set and having more synergistic pieces of that set will improve the experience. But that's just an in-built condition of donation contests; like it or not, only 25 people get the armor and only 50 get the pet, so the 50 players with the weapon but not the pet or armor will not have *as* much synergy as the top 50. That doesn't mean there isn't synergy. Further, players can use other ele empower and choke items outside the PaleSkull set to combo with their PaleSkull items; nothing says they're out of luck unless they have the full PaleSkull set.

I also can't emphasize enough how strong each of these items are individually. For 1000 tokens, players received a blood contract with good stat boosters, water damage reduction, and choke potency. That's a steal, and while there is precedent (Quadforce and Windter Crown) I'm still amazed staff approved that suggestion. The shield is a source of ele empower that gets stronger per hit; at worst it's a 5% player damage MC and at best it's much higher. The shield also inherently has synergy with choke because choke's damage mod enables players to use the Paleskull shield against non-water enemies. And, again, the weapon is a 0 proc donation wep with a built in 3 hit efficient water skill PLUS an eater effect. That's amazing. This year's set contains far and away the best items for lower tier donators compared to any previous donation set, and also compares favorably to some of the best items in the game without being too strong.

Staff did a great job with these items, including the armor and pet. They took the most supported suggestions and altered them in a way that's balanced and fun while staying true to the idea behind the suggestions. Also, it's clear the staff put a lot of effort and love into the art, animation, and skill and item descriptions of this set. I really appreciate their efforts and look forward to future donation sets.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 62
9/14/2022 1:22:47   
Dardiel

Yeah I think my assertion really put a lot of stress on those quotation marks. A more accurate statement to how I feel would be that if the set's goal is "choke + empower loops" then it doesn't work because you can't loop without being top 50 and I can't think of any items that can be added to facilitate the loop. But if the loop isn't the goal of the set, and it's just a side effect of a goal of "apply choke and apply empower" then I do agree that my statement was incorrect. It feels bad that I don't have access to the loop because I was only top 100, but at the same time I acknowledge that I could have had it if I put more money in so I'm hopefully not coming across as feeling like I've been slighted.
Post #: 63
9/14/2022 1:22:57   
dr jo

I totally agree with Gwen amazing work on the full set. Only small change can the sword and axe be swapped axe melee and sword magic. PLEASE
AQ  Post #: 64
9/14/2022 10:14:08   
Sapphire

@Gwenmay,

Actually, sounds like words are being put in my mouth. You assumed what my reasoning is as to why I don't like the weapon instead of reading what I said. That's the only assumption present.

I do not assume one would want an ele power over a choke in a boss fight. Even though the ele power helps with heals, which likely is only used in a boss fight mind you, a choke is probably more beneficial. Applying a good choke will likely mean a smaller chance you'd even need to heal.

And considering a choke is more beneficial, you have 3 options:

1. You own the armor, and have access to it's choke skill

2. You own the weapon, and have access to it's choke skill. However, this one eats ele power.

3. Use some other form of choke via imbue, misc, spell, or other skill. (they all exist)

Now, if you own the armor, you own the weapon. This means you may have both options at your disposal. While I won't go too in depth about the sheer illogical reasoning to be using a water defensive armor *and* a water weapon in most fights, much less boss fights, let's entertain the scenario just to play out a strategy that's the most beneficial to the character. (using these together is the opposite of most beneficial, but I digress)

If you wish to spam the weapon skill, that's all well and good. The weapon's BEST usage strat is the damage/3 hit skill. While I wouldn't rant and rave about it's 3 hits is great for bosses, as 3 hits to me isn't noteworthy, it sure is better than 1 or 2 so I suppose if someone thinks 3 hits is some sort of boss killer mode, more power to them. The weapon also serves to create the FSB, which in a water vs water match, isn't anything to brag about. More like ....uh..ok if that's what you want ! More power to you! THEN, we have the ele power "eat" portion.

Well, folks, if I have ele power inflicted on myself, while it's not the greatest effect in the world for bosses, why not KEEP it? ESPECIALLY considering I chose to use a water weapon vs a water monster??? Maybe I DO need the extra damage since I decided to go the worst optimal route? Instead, I should KEEP ele power, and go with option 1 or 3. The armor's choke skill is also cheap, and you might have other chokes with you.

No matter how anyone slices it, and no matter the attempts at explaining it, keeping ele power *and* inflicting a choke is more optimal than removing ele power and inflicting choke. 2 statuses are better than 1. Simple math.

As a result, since the use of the armor skill or other choke is a better option, this by default makes the weapon's effect impractical. To me, it's common sense.

Now for those w/o the armor...

The same argument applies, just that you have to have another option. AND, you have WAY less items in your toolbelt that can inflict elepower than those with the armor, so might as well keep it since it's not nearly as much of a status you have such easy access to.

The weapon's effect should inflict choke no matter what. Then the ele power eat enhances it. This would at least increase the practical use for all. And I think the weapon prob needs maybe a ele power per landed hit effect to allow for increased synergy, which would mean reduced baseline damage. The effect prob would offset the damage reduction, or at least mostly. Shouldnt be an issue, especially considering "boss damage caps" and so the argument of 0 proc for more damage is also squashed due to boss mechanics. This is why effects > damage IMO, and is partially why I find the weapon needs something else.

Please consider, once again, I do not assume a players wants ele power over choke. I say a player wants ele power *AND* choke. This makes the weapon's skill less useful, and it should be revised.

However, I realize it isn't happening, so to the dust collector storage showcase it goes!!

< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 9/14/2022 10:19:13 >
Post #: 65
9/14/2022 12:10:14   
battlesiege15

Testing out the Helm and Weapon. Helm seems pretty great so far! Reliable damage boost, CHA/LUK boosts which is nice for beastmasters, and water defense which is nice I guess but just makes the misc cost a lot of SP lol.

Weapon: So just with the shield, it is very a-ok. The choke conversion is not that great because the shield's elemental empowerment is not that significant. But, it's still fun to play with. I can see it being useful if you have other sources of Elemental Empowerment (guessing the Z-finity gauntlets?)

On request though: Can the weapon's skill area be expanded to include the hilt? Right now, it's the hilt area but a lot of pets that have clickable toggles tend to obscure that area. Because of this, it's a little tricky trying to use the weapon's skill. The hilt is easier to access in most armors when such pets are in play.

Also, +1 to switching the Axe and Blade for Melee/Magic :D
AQ AQW  Post #: 66
9/18/2022 0:10:50   
GwenMay

I'd just like to thank staff for updating armor to be tagged as a rider. I noticed today and appreciate it! Donation set was absolutely amazing this year --- I look forward to next year!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 67
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Coming this week: Paleskull Items and Z-finity Gauntlets
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition