Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Petition to Decouple Dext from Pets/Guests BTH ASAP

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Petition to Decouple Dext from Pets/Guests BTH ASAP
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/14/2022 11:50:35   
Sapphire

While I understand the stat revamp is ongoing and dealing with charisma likely is going to be a massive undertaking, I think balance as we all know is also not just about individual items but about build equality.

The Ranger build/identity when staff decoupled dex from all weapons/spells/skills was literally labeled as an emergency update, yet once again BM's was left in the dark.

The perception was you *had to* train dexterity to maintain enough BTH to make playing the game better.

Months later, non dex BM's are still there. Pets and guests continue to miss, miss, miss, miss..... Again......months....later.

So why not take a little bit and decouple dex from pets/guests with the caveat it's "subject to change" as plans are finalized over time?

Currently, the game is not balanced in this regard and it's gone on far too long IMO.

So I propose an emergency update in the name of equality to decouple dexterity from pets and guest BTH to garner better build equality until final plans are completed and implemented please.

< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 9/14/2022 11:54:19 >
Post #: 1
9/15/2022 4:37:42   
Plushie Nugget

This should be one of the most urgent changes in my opinion, +1 to this petition. My pets miss a lot and for a pet focused build feels awful.
We should also have DEX decoupled from the Paladin armour +35 stat toggle (since this idea was pre vamp and now it does not benefit a warrior as much for example)
Post #: 2
9/15/2022 12:20:34   
Jue Viole Grace

Please team fix this my pets cant hit and please fix ramp up for rangers. Every week I wonder when changes will happen

< Message edited by Jue Viole Grace -- 9/15/2022 15:25:58 >
AQ DF  Post #: 3
9/15/2022 13:02:51   
Macho Man

I think a temporary change to make CHA work like the main stats in regards to BTH is needed right now as well. Once the stat revamp has been finalized, you can keep this or make any necessary changes because I also hate seeing my pets and guests miss so much. At this point there really is no usage for CHA unlesss you have DEX and that is a shame.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
9/21/2022 0:16:20   
Korriban Gaming
Banned

+1 to this suggestion if it's not too much work. I'd hate for the stat revamp to be delayed even more if the staff had to take extra time out to do this and would rather they focus on releasing the stat revamp as soon as possible since this is a band-aid fix more than anything and the final stat revamp might change things again
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 5
9/21/2022 7:07:54   
Sapphire

Unless something has changed, I was told by staff that the pet/guest BTH would *most likely* look just like BTH of players attacks/spells. This "temporary" change, unless plans have changed, would actually be furthering the stat revamp, and not some side step or be a band-aid.
Post #: 6
9/22/2022 8:40:10   
Plushie Nugget

when can we expect this change to happen? I feel this should be top priority atm.
Post #: 7
9/30/2022 7:42:39   
Sapphire

Should have happened months ago. The new dragon pet for the AQ anniv event is a perfect example of why. Non-dex BM's make having and using this pet a complete waste. Aside from the head-scratching mechanics, non-DEX BM's have almost no shot at even using it...making it have to land 2 hits to get the effect... the 2 round pet paralyze means a lucky beast build (non-dex) is just wasting an attempt.

I know there have to be more people out there that honestly think this would be good for the game, as well as more balanced. The game's builds or even sub-variants within (different BM builds) are not close to balanced with one another until this 1 change can happen. It's just disconcerting this is being ignored.
Post #: 8
9/30/2022 8:19:27   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

We have been painfully aware of the need to continue the stat revamp since it was first disrupted by health matters. However, by the time said disruptions began to wane, the cumulative effect on the late parts of a year's production schedule had already pushed well into one of the busiest times the team has ever seen. This matter is not being ignored. It has possibly never been more difficult to rush something than it is right now, given the sheer volume of content that delays of a strictly medical nature have pushed into.

I apologize for these disruptions, but once again ask for your patience with the team given the specific cause of these delays.
Post #: 9
9/30/2022 9:03:49   
Sapphire

This is all understandable. I think I would like to take the time to say, that there is a difference between the stat revamp project as a whole, and asking to see if 1 thing can be rectified as a temp measure until the stat revamp can be circled back to.

That's all. I understand there is more at play with Charisma than the BTH, with guests upkeeps and any other potential changes. And even if it were determined that pet/guest bth would need to look different than weapon attacks/spells/skills bth at a later time, I think it is all good.

250 int/str/dex gives their respective attacks/spells/skills 40 bth. A lucky variety beast build w/o dex gets 18.75 from charisma. 85% hit rate (if luck) vs 63.75%. The disparity IMO warrants the temp change to even the playing field.

In other words, it's not fair, regardless of the reasons behind it.

< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 9/30/2022 9:18:09 >
Post #: 10
9/30/2022 10:11:15   
Plushie Nugget

my pet's bth is suffering a lot :( a hotfix of this sole instance for the time being would be appreciated
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Petition to Decouple Dext from Pets/Guests BTH ASAP
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition