Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Return of Crossover GGBs for AQ's 20th Anniversary Mega Event?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Return of Crossover GGBs for AQ's 20th Anniversary Mega Event?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/30/2022 10:49:26   
Sphinx Jevoha

Hey guys!

Since AQ will be celebrating its 20th Anniversary this year (and I will be celebrating 18 years of playing AQ too!), I was wondering what you guys might think about an one-off event wherein the Crossover GGBs are back for about a week or so. It is not a new event consisting of new items, it will only have already existing Crossover GGBs. I have several reasons for this:

a) The 20th Anniversary mark is quite an achievement, especially for browser games! Even major MMORPGs generally don't survive for 2 whole decades these days.

b) We have had a generous +50% Bonus Z-Tokens Sale for a long time now, and a lot of paying people would have stocked up.

c) We also had a 2-month long Summer Donation contest wherein hundreds of players received tens of thousands of free Z-Tokens, and thus, even free players are likely stocked up.

d) There were a lot of items in this years' February event that most players simply did not have the means to procure, but they likely do now.

Therefore, if it's possible, I think a one-week long return of the Crossover GGBs as part of AQ's 20th Anniversary Event would be deserving, for paying and free-to-play players alike!

Again, it is not a new set of GGBs that I'm discussing, but instead it will have only the already existing Crossover GGBs like in February and April this year.

What do you guys think?

< Message edited by Sphinx Jevoha -- 9/30/2022 10:53:24 >
Post #: 1
9/30/2022 11:09:45   
Korriban Gaming
Banned

Second this idea but I hope it can last till BF, it would be a real cash grab for them to do it now and the 50% off only in Nov, unless we can somehow push the discount forward or have an extended discount specially for 20th anniversary
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 2
10/10/2022 19:18:10   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

Interesting idea! With everything going on this month we are skipping new ggbs this month, but if enough players are interested I can bring back the cross-game GGBs a little early.
AQ  Post #: 3
10/11/2022 5:15:02   
Bu Kek Siansu

^
quote:

if enough players are interested

+1

Post #: 4
10/11/2022 7:07:59   
LUPUL LUNATIC

+1 i am also interested in bringing back the cross-over GGBs earlier
AQ  Post #: 5
10/11/2022 7:35:26   
JhyShy

+1 on that idea bossman
Post #: 6
10/11/2022 7:48:23   
dizzle

+1
AQ  Post #: 7
10/11/2022 8:57:50   
Dreiko Shadrack

It'd be neat for an even more jam packed anniversary event to have those GGBs return an extra time this year, sure.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
10/11/2022 10:06:25   
Bolter

Crossover returns would be nice yes, but this mean no elemental variants of predatory vamp and savage werewolf this year?
AQ  Post #: 9
10/11/2022 13:10:11   
Heroes of the Scape

I vote for release of crossover GGBs.
AQ  Post #: 10
10/11/2022 13:44:23   
Sapphire

Yeah a +1 for me, although I don't think there's anything I'd personally get. I think the change to hypercrit made timekillers more attractive and that might be one item that many decided against that they may circle back and grab. I get that item but IDK what other items would be especially deserving of a second thought. But regardless I think a +1 here.

I think this though might be an example of priorities. If there's time for bringing back GGB, then there's time for decoupling dex from pets/guests. And decoupling dex from pets/guests is a balance issue, and not a financial issue, so I guess its put on the backburner.
Post #: 11
10/11/2022 19:12:05   
  Ward_Point
Armchair Archivist

The return of Crossover GGBs has very little to do with DEX Decoupling. Adding items to a shop is much simpler than figuring out Standards for Guests and an Engine update.

As Lorekeeper has stated multiple times, the DEX Decoupling faces a number of issues.
1) An engine update to deal with CHA
2) Guest damage are coded into the Guests directly and doesn't draw on the engine.

This thread is to deal with GGB Crossovers. Do not derail this discussion.
AQ  Post #: 12
10/11/2022 23:22:01   
PD

Since it seems that the staff is tentatively approving of this idea, maybe we could use this thread to suggest specific items? My votes going for the Master Blaster and Skullcrusher Mecha-Armors.
Post #: 13
10/12/2022 16:17:40   
Heroes of the Scape

While I agree that brainstorming a list would be great, I think all crossover items should come back. If possible of course.
AQ  Post #: 14
10/12/2022 23:44:12   
King Darxonic

Despite not having any Z-Tokens nor spare UR boxes (let alone rares) I support the Crossover returning for this big event, this is a really big thing for AQ so I feel like everyone should flourish and bask in the festivities to the highest extent.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Return of Crossover GGBs for AQ's 20th Anniversary Mega Event?
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition