Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= September 30th Design Notes: Book 3: The Awakened Depths: Epilogue

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= September 30th Design Notes: Book 3: The Awakened Depths: Epilogue
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/1/2022 0:05:58   
  Peachii
Clairvoyant!

quote:

Verlyrus:
Book 3: The Awakened Depths: Epilogue

Hey there, heroes!

This week, we say our goodbyes to The Awakened Depths... but not before a celebration, DragonLord style!

With Tyndur's Depths mostly at peace once more, it's time for the Greenguard Alliance to bring the good news back to Queen Victoria!

But you're not the only ones making the journey to Swordhaven...

Complete the Epilogue to upgrade The Blades of the Great One to their finished forms! You will also unlock the ability to change your faction from Queen Victoria, as well as elementalize your dragon to the Stone element!

Changing your faction does not reset your quest progress. Replaying ALL of the quests from Greenguard Alliance to The Awakened Depths would be a lot to do in order to continue again. However, if, despite this, you are interested in an optional quest reset, please let me know!

Currently, the Stone element shares Primal tattoos and Primal skill effects with Nature, and shares the breath attack animation with Light.

Head over to the Dragesvard Camp in Tyndur's Depths to wrap up The Awakened Depths!

Also this week, we have a new Customization Catalyst available for the Pirate class!

The Voidsilk Veil cape unlocks the Voidsailor Pirate customization! You can even click the glove to show a spirit loom (does not change with element).

Traverse the unknown in search of plunder and riches with the Voidsilk Veil!

This new Customization Catalyst is available from the Customization Catalyst shop in the Book of Lore.

On a related note... Pirate and Ninja are up for some adjustments!

While I don't want to promise anything, said adjustments will be coming soon(tm)!

And that's all for this week!

Have feedback about recent releases? Have any crazy theories or ideas? Want to discuss all things DragonFable?

Join the discussion on the official forums!

Want to play DragonFable without using an internet browser?

Check out the Artix Games Launcher!

Follow us on Twitter for sneak peeks and updates (and feel free to tweet us your fan art and feedback too!)

Verlyrus Twitter

Tomix Twitter

Tags: #Verlyrus
DF AQW  Post #: 1
10/1/2022 0:19:02   
Laeon val Observis

Well, time to speedrun for another Great One blade for the Rose form (and probably the Vind too if I get in the mood. Of all their faction's prizes, the blade is the only one that catches my eye). Should've followed my instincts considering that all the events were priming the faction realignment feature to be available.
spoiler:

So that's what the DL captain looks like uder the helm. And Warlic being detached from the world was quite hilarious.

EDIT: blade speedrun cleared (yeah, for once I'll let the Vind take the cake here), just slowed to see what faction-exclusive interaction in the epilogue would be. Next up will be the Rose Tytanvisage and Lagohmcraft.

< Message edited by Laeon val Observis -- 10/1/2022 1:05:19 >
DF AQW  Post #: 2
10/1/2022 0:37:48   
Primate Murder

Galanoth still talks about setting up camp and scouting the area. Are there any plans for that to change?
AQ DF  Post #: 3
10/1/2022 6:43:35   
Flabagast

Stone element, nice! Makes enough sense, thematically.

spoiler:

Ah, so we did end up getting a face reveal from Lestrad after all that character development, ya love to see it. Alteon next? I'm sure the future of Dragonsgrasp, Dragesvard and the Dragonslayers are in good hands.

With that done and dusted, only one Rift remains: the Deadlands. From what I remember from a while back, the only observed change was an abnormally large amount of rainfall? Could still spell trouble in the long run (especially if a Tytan shows up) but perhaps there'll be a silver lining to this one. Who knows, maybe we'll see some life return to a region that's been so barren for so long.

Also yeesh. Warlic has clearly been up in that tower for too long. Though I guess he was never as well-versed in the art of deception as some people.

And finally, Galanoth received head-pats from a dragon. This is a fantastic development.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 4
10/4/2022 23:03:02   
Roxas45

Could someone please explain how... the nature elemental orb and the whole thing... works? This has been bothering me for some time now.
From what I remember, the orb split only because Fae dropped it accidentally? (Or was it someone else? Its been a little bit of time).

So... Two great old ones?
Was the orb split inevitable?

And thematically, I can understand the way its shown in the Dragon's element picker, but does that do anything else per se?
Or just that we get Stone Primal and Nature Primal states?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 5
10/5/2022 8:41:34   
Flabagast

^
quote:

From what I remember, the orb split only because Fae dropped it accidentally? (Or was it someone else? Its been a little bit of time).

It was the Guardian that received the Earth Orb.
Yup, having just been entrusted the Orbs by the Avatars, one of the Guardians drops theirs. Perhaps an early warning sign as to how well humanity would be able to sustain elemental balance.

But in Dragonfable's lore, or at least in the way I see it, Earth has always had two aspects. If the duality was soley due to the Orb being split, The Great One wouldn't have two heads (given that they massively predate the Orb) and there'd probably be an Earth damage type like there is in Adventurequest. And yeah, GenoKratos is one dragon, despite having a name for each head. I would say they have one identity, just with two nodes of expression. A bit like Lock and Key. I actually thought it was a rather clever design choice, given that the names "Geno" and "Kratos" were submitted by the community with the idea of them being two dragons.

Regardless, it's definitely clear that the original devs wanted Nature and Stone to be more distinct than in AQ and that's only been reinforced over time, as Nature Elementals started popping up in Book 3 and the Great Earth Dragon actually representing the duality by having two heads.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
10/7/2022 2:13:18   
Lia Arwen

Regarding the Voidsailor Pirate: I love the aesthetics! That gorgeous blue butterfly cape and the butterfly-shaped soul looms are super cool!
I'd be looking forward to any Voidsailor Pirate headwear in future releases (if they will be made that is)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= September 30th Design Notes: Book 3: The Awakened Depths: Epilogue
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition