Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

150 level Hybrid needs some help

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> 150 level Hybrid needs some help
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/24/2022 3:07:22   
Sqwall

FROST
Build: Hybrid
Level: 150
Stats: STR 200 / DEX 100 / INT 200 / END 50 / LUK 200
Any Additional Notes**: It has been a long time since I played seriously. As you can see this char is a variation of the original idea of Hybrids - I even refused to change his stats when the max became 250. But with the new changes in stats i guess i should finally change something about him - need advice on that as well as the items/spells in general since i adopted the Purple Rain strategy in combination with the Vampire subclass but i hear the spell has been nerfed so i guess maybe this is not a viable play style any more? In any event this char was, is and will always be a Hybrid so that's the main pillar i would like to preserve - everything else should flow around that idea. Thanks!

EDIT: Tokens shouldn't be a problem and if there are packages that would make sense please do tell - they will be put into consideration (I'm generally not opposed to those and have the resources to get them).

< Message edited by Sqwall -- 10/24/2022 3:27:39 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
10/24/2022 23:41:53   
Primate Murder

Dexterity has been removed from Melee/Magic accuracy, so there's no longer any point in having 100 Dex. The points should probably go into maxing out Str and Int for the boost to damage, accuracy, and status infliction.

Weapons

I would suggest switching your no-drop to fire.

Kindred sword gives you autohit which is very nice to have the next time you come across a mob with 100+ MRM.

Your wind nuke is spell-based, so grab Arcane Cutlass of Gales from the URs to max out the damage.

Mighty Blade of Frostval Past (switchable with mystic and lance in the upgrader) gives 1/battle qc ice EleVuln, which stacks with any ice nuke you may use.

Keep Terra Bloodzerker sword for the FSB with Terra Bloodzerker armor.

Energy has two potential Harm options. Caissa has a high-cost toggle that makes you deal Harm damage and inflicts Prismatic Burn. Royal Voidrender is a more standard 20-proc with Harm toggle.

Lion's Roar is a wand, but its 37.5% damage bonus to light spells (against undead) gives it great synergy with Paladin's Inner Light skill.

ShadowReaper of Doom comes with a toggle for a massive -bth lean, which gives it greater damage than even the Bloodzerker blades. It might cause accuracy issues, so best used with New Year's Surprise.

Armors

Replace Torontosaurus with Hexbound Solar Core. It does +30% damage on normal attacks and +50% damage on skill (compared to bloodzerkers' 20%), though the hp cost is slightly heftier.

Quenching Bloodzerker is a much stronger armor than Hyperalphean.

Train and pick up Paladin armor. Not only is it absolutely great against any Undead you might come across, it also comes with several light nukes, a light booster guest, and a chargeable resurrection.

Shields

Keep Celtic Wheel, Chieftain's Ironthorn, and Strawberry Shieldcake.

The best option for wind is Academy Pack, which is a Celtic Wheel clone, but you've returned a little late - the contest is already finishing up. Still, make sure to log in and win a battle with each of your characters on a Monday; who knows, maybe you'll be lucky? Next best option is Haunted Dragonlord's Will with a qc Barrier that uses your Str for stats.

Carpe Somnia compresses ice/energy.

Eclipsed Dragonlord's Will is a dark Haunted clone.

For a utility shield, wait until Black Friday sale to buy Troposhield. Its defenses are subpar, but the EleVuln infliction makes it the closest thing we have to pre-update CIT, if only for three elements.

Spells

Purple Rain has been heavily downgraded, but it's still useful for battles that you expect to last. Poelala, Dunamis, and Surprise remain unmatched in their respective roles.

Fire Dragon Talon pairs well with Horo Show skill against monsters with Form Shift immunity.

Invincible Star effectively makes you invulnerable for one round - great against nukes and monsters with Freedom.

Archmage Research gives you a Harm nuke.

Pets

With 0 Cha and Dex, there's little point in conventional pets.

Poelala and Dunamis act as boosters.

Kindred pet allows you to spam your Kindred sword's autohit.

Spotter Drake gives Status Potency.

Misc

Prime Chaos Orb gives qc skill to scramble monster's resists and boost all damage dealt on the field. It's what allows you to use elecomped armor skills against monsters of their own element.
AQ DF  Post #: 2
10/25/2022 4:47:59   
Sqwall

Where do i get Lion's Roar, Carpe Somnia, Fire Dragon Talon and Spotter Drake?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
10/25/2022 13:32:10   
Primate Murder

Lion's Roar: Travel Map » Travel South » Alnaphar » Click on the Rainbow

Carpe Somnia: Yulgar's Inn -> The Devourer Saga -> Next -> Next -> 3: A Day at the Inn

Fire Dragon Talon: Travel Map -> Sail East -> Travel South -> Warrior's Tower

Spotter Drake: Warlic's Shop -> Mastercraft Sets -> Lost Talon Set -> Temple of Four Skies
AQ DF  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> 150 level Hybrid needs some help
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition