Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Proposal for an in-game survey

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Proposal for an in-game survey
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/3/2022 10:52:38   
Korriban Gaming
Banned

AQ recently celebrated its 20th anniversary and with it came an influx of new and returning players. As such, I feel that now is the best time to conduct a survey to better help the staff as well as the rest of the veteran players understand where the community stands with regards to the direction of the game. I feel that this is very important in not only helping the staff to create a game that players want to play but also to help the community understand what are the most important things to them as a whole. Many good games out there conduct surveys from time to time to gauge player satisfaction and improve the game and AQ shouldn’t be the exception.

In order to make this survey as fair and as representative as possible, it has to be done IN-GAME. Not on the Forums, Discord or any other platform because there are many players who may not use such platforms. A small reward of e.g 1000 tokens should be given out upon completion to encourage participation. The survey should also be limited to 1 entry PER ACCOUNT (not character) with the added restriction of only allowing accounts that are older than 30 days to participate to prevent skewing of results as much as possible.

I personally feel that the overall results should also be publicized for everyone to see for transparency and it should be updated in real time if possible. Only group data should be shown with no personally identifiable data. Questions that have scale can show an average number as the result.

Here are some sample questions that I have in mind (yes, they are mostly multiple choice so it’s easier to collate results as well as making it easier to complete)

General

1. I am satisfied with the current state of the game (scale from 1 to 10, 1 being least satisfied, 10 being most satisfied)

2. How much have you spent on AQ in total?
- $0
- Only bought Guardian
- Bought Guardian and a few small packages, total <$200
- Bought Guardian and some packages occasionally, total <$500
- Bought Guardian and multiple big packages, total <$1000
- Bought Guardian and most of the big packages, total >$1000

3. On average, how much time do you spend playing AQ in a week?
- <1 hour
- 1-2 hours
- 3-4 hours
- 5-6 hours
- 7-8 hours
- >8 hours

4. Rate the difficulty of getting gold (scale from 1 to 10, 1 being easiest, 10 being hardest)

5. Rate the difficulty of levelling up (scale from 1 to 10, 1 being easiest, 10 being hardest)

6. Rate the difficulty of finding game information e.g quest, monster, item info (scale from 1 to 10, 1 being easiest, 10 being hardest)

7. I know what to do to progress in game (scale from 1 to 10, 1 being not knowing anything, 10 being knowing exactly what to do)

8. I feel a need to spend money to progress in the game (scale from 1 to 10, 1 being no need at all, 10 being a necessity)

9. I want to spend money on the game (scale from 1 to 10, 1 being no urge to spend, 10 being a strong urge to spend)

10. I would recommend this game to my family and friends
- Yes
- No

Quests

1. The length of quests on average are
- Too short
- Just nice
- Too long

2. The difficulty of quests on average are
- Too easy
- Just nice
- Too difficult

3. The dialogue in quests on average are
- Easy to understand
- Just nice
- Hard to understand

4. The dialogue in quests on average are
- Too short
- Just nice
- Too long

5. The animations in quests on average are
- Too little
- Just nice
- Too many

6. The animations in quests on average are
- Plain
- Ok
- Very good

7. The gold rewards from quests on average are
- Too little
- Just nice
- Too much

8. The XP rewards from quests on average are
- Too little
- Just nice
- Too much

9. Rate the item rewards from quests on average (scale of 1 to 10, 1 being bad, 10 being amazing)

10. Rate the overall satisfaction of quests on average (scale of 1 to 10, 1 being least satisfied, 10 being most satisfied)

Monsters

1. Regular mobs in quests on average are
- Too little
- Just nice
- Too many

2. Regular mobs in quests on average are
- Too easy
- Just nice
- Too difficult

3. Regular mobs in wars on average are
- Too easy
- Just nice
- Too difficult

4. Boss monsters in average are
- Too easy
- Just nice
- Too difficult

5. Rate the overall satisfaction of monsters on average (scale of 1 to 10, 1 being least satisfied, 10 being most satisfied)

Items

1. Rate the difficulty of obtaining items from quests on average (scale from 1 to 10, 1 being very easy, 10 being very hard)

2. Rate the art of items on average (scale from 1 to 10, 1 being bad, 10 being very good)

3. Rate the usability of items on average (scale from 1 to 10, 1 being unusable, 10 being used everywhere)

4. The most important thing I look for in an item is (select 1)
- Good looking art and special animation
- General usability for a wide variety of situations
- Being very good in some niche situations

5. Free items should be
- Weaker than other items
- Same as other items
- Stronger than other items

6. Token and Package items should be
- Same as other items

7. GGB items should be
- Same as other items

8. Donation Contest, Raffle, Code, Heromart and any other specialty items should be
- Same as other items

9. Free items are sufficient to clear content in the game (scale from 1 to 10, 1 being not good enough, 10 being good enough)

10. In terms of art, I prefer items to be (select 1)
- Always available
- Seasonally available
- Permanently rare

11. In terms of effects, I prefer items to be (select 1)
- Always available
- Seasonally available
- Permanently rare

12. Items in the past (more than 5 years ago) are (scale from 1 to 10, 1 being bad, 10 being amazing)

13. Recent items (within these 5 years) are (scale from 1 to 10, 1 being bad, 10 being amazing)

14. Rate the overall satisfaction of items on average (scale from 1 to 10, 1 being bad, 10 being amazing)

These are just some examples I came up with, feel free to let me know what you guys think and add on to it if you think there are questions that should be in here

< Message edited by Korriban Gaming -- 11/3/2022 11:41:08 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Proposal for an in-game survey
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition