Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Do healing spells heal less than potions?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Do healing spells heal less than potions?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/10/2023 2:20:50   
Vellup

This seems to be the case, but that can't be right. It would make absolutely no sense, because you pay a MP/SP cost to use healing spells, whereas potions can be spammed. Or am I wrong, and healing spells actually heal more than potions?
Post #: 1
1/10/2023 3:02:10   
Kaizoku

Potions are just blatantly overpowered by design
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
1/10/2023 13:48:20   
Legendary Ash

Potions are unaffected by Heal Resistance (de)buffs, are limited in quantities and require refilling, thus are exempt from the *.9 always useful penalty applied to Harm/Heal element.
Standard Heal equipment inclusive of Barrier/Chi/Mana Shield statuses are affected by Heal Resistance (de)buffs and take the *.9 always useful penalty of Heal element equivalent to Harm, there are Spiritual Seed and Overcharged variants of Heal Skill/Spell that are more effective against more damaging enemies, the power of a turn's cost is static, while the contribution of power from Compensation for Delay/Over Time and power proportional to resource costs can be chosen.
Elemental Heal equipment scale to the Element Resistance value of the enemy, and thus are not always useful.

Talonguard War Bow/ Talonguard Focus/ Talonguard Breaker from The Lost Talon Set Part 2: Temples of Four Skies
Mountain's Talon War Bow/ Mountain's Talon Focus/ Mountain's Talon Breaker from The Lost Talon Set Part 3: Parting Whispers
Unhilted Engraced Blade of Elders/ Engraced Blade of Elders
Unhilted Tarnished Blade of Elders/ Tarnished Blade of Elders
Requiem

Fae Invocation from Frostval 2021
Rising Knightmare from Frostval 2022
Your Body Heals at the Speed of Light from Out of Order
Soul Steal

Cherub Protection
Gandolphin
Healing Seeds
Sisters of Mercy
Recovery
Overcharged Recovery
Cure Wounds
Overcharged Cure Wounds

Undead Fire Giant
Soothsayer's Sacragon's Full Set Bonus' Psionic Link
Vampire Bat

Eye of Sacragon's compressed MP Spell's Psionic Link
Bell Shell from A Cavernous Chronicle
Crystal of Restless Shadows

< Message edited by Legendary Ash -- 1/28/2023 17:30:30 >
AQ  Post #: 3
1/22/2023 2:34:01   
Firedice18

Aside from Health and Mana heals,

are SP heals affected by heal resistances as well or is it fixed?
AQ  Post #: 4
1/22/2023 10:53:49   
Sapphire

yes it is affected. A lot of stationary amount heals get increased by heal resistance increase. Like your 98 sp per turn will go up
Post #: 5
1/23/2023 19:42:49   
Firedice18

So with Angelic Robes and Essence orb. It can refill additional SP?

< Message edited by Firedice18 -- 1/23/2023 19:43:20 >
AQ  Post #: 6
1/24/2023 17:10:25   
Sapphire

The 98 sp regen per turn becomes 110 per turn in angelic robes.

The 89 sp per turn with L150 EO becomes 100 sp per turn in Angelic robes.

Increased heal resistance adds to a lot of the stationary heal effects.

In addition, an even stronger effect than some of these +12.5 heal resists are berserk. This is apparently unintended, but players use it.

For example, Sol Neko can spend 40 charges to do an SP replenish skill that normally does iirc 395 SP, but using summon legion fenrir, grakma horn for double berserk and ( i don't remember what else, seems like 1 other thing) resulted it increasing to just a hair under 700.

Shenanigans
Post #: 7
1/24/2023 18:45:07   
Firedice18

Thank you so much for this important information and tips. Its a great thing that I have the Angelic Robes now
Though im very sad i wasn't able to buy acquire the Pixel Ether. I was inactive at that time.

For the meantime I'll stick with Panic Misc (the Order and Terror) and Angelic Robes.

hopefully we have a pet that affects heal resistance as well.

< Message edited by Firedice18 -- 1/24/2023 18:58:54 >
AQ  Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Do healing spells heal less than potions?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition