Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ= Item Clone Requests!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Item Clone Requests!
Page 1 of 41234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/16/2023 17:36:16   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

Hello, folks! This is a bit of a special feedback request thread.

Hollow has been doing a lot of work to improve the team's quality of life, and I've been wanting to do my part. With his approval and permission for disclosure, I have a small plan to lighten the workload of this year's quest rewards so that they can have more time to catch up on rest and pending projects:

For an unspecified period of time (I cannot give scheduling specifics, between my NDA and the possibility for changes) this year, I'd like us to make quest rewards that are mechanical clones of other items. We've read all of your feedback about quest rewards being more interesting of late, and that's not going away! This is just a temporary measure that we could possibly repeat if it goes really well. I've already got my eye on some items, as we've been keeping an eye on suggestions of this type, but I'd like to open the floor to requests for this initiative.

There are some ground rules/principles to keep in mind, so please read the following before making a suggestion:

• No clones, even elementally swapped, of Z-Token package bonus items.
  • No clones of GGB items. We realize a lot of them are really outdated and have mechanics that are vague nowadays, but we may revisit those when there's time. Z-Token items could be cloned, the clones will have to cost Z-Tokens as well.
  • Items are more likely to be chosen the simpler their replication would be. Items old enough to need a full redesign, or with lots of skills to go through, are an unlikely choice. Classes, of course, are NOT getting clones or elemental variants.
  • It's okay to suggest an item that needs minor fixes or is on old standards. They'll be more viable the more recent they are, and some may have to be skipped over because of this, but it'll bring more desired mechanics to our attention.
  • This is not a balance discussion thread. Please understand that the need to bring any cloned old items to modern standards is a functional requirement and not an optional desire of the team, and that this thread is here to request items rather than discuss whether or not they're balanced. For more on the definitions of balance at play in AQ design, please review this thread.

Edit: Emphasized the no GGB items rule. As further clarification, cloning items refers to creating a replica of the mechanic. That would discount requesting that an item meant to prop up a build be cloned with the alteration of being for another build. "Tempest Power Armor for mages/all builds and in all elements" would be an example of one such invalid suggestion.

< Message edited by Lorekeeper -- 1/18/2023 1:02:01 >
  • Post #: 1
    1/16/2023 17:45:30   
    Kurtz96

I'm interested in a clone of the stormshadow bow. Maybe a fire/wind comp (solar winds) or wind/ice (ice storms).
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
    1/16/2023 17:47:42   
    Dreiko Shadrack

- The Conjure Shadow spell.
    - Mutant Egg Defender (which itself is a clone of the Grakma-Hide Shield).
    - Mana Regeneration.
    - Pixel Ether.
    - Seeing Red.
    - Lohkaista Shard.
    - Hyperalphean Dragon Fang.
    - Samukematsuri Oni Mask.
    - Angel of Souls.
    - EverSlumber.
    - Vizalain Vision.
    - Helm of Frostval Past.

< Message edited by Dreiko Shadrack -- 1/16/2023 19:07:10 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
    1/16/2023 17:55:35   
    Zork Knight

Plush Mort. He's the only pet with SP regeneration that isn't tied to attacking afaik.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
    1/16/2023 18:01:02   
    NightofLight

I think a Dark Radiant Warhorse clone could be interesting. The current version is Light, Earth, Wind. A potential Dark one would probably be Dark, Water, Energy.

< Message edited by NightofLight -- 1/16/2023 18:38:34 >
    AQ  Post #: 5
    1/16/2023 18:05:15   
    dizzle

Lust/Envy (I now know you said *no* ggb clones but they’re too good to not mention), an inverse Tropos Shield, and an SP upkeep Doomquake Minions clone

Edit: I also think another Conjure Shadow (maybe covering different elements?) would be sweet

< Message edited by dizzle -- 1/16/2023 18:09:04 >
    AQ  Post #: 6
    1/16/2023 18:07:16   
    CH4OT1C!

This is such a great idea! I really appreciate you asking us. Here's a few that I can come up with:

Drakonnan's Fury
    Manasplosion
    Glacial Short Staff
    Shiny boy (updating this armour in general would be amazing :) )
    Evil Shadow
    Conjure Shadow
    Necropolis Fleshrender
    Chaos Flux Equipment
    Braveheart Mirror
    Mark of Hope
    Static Orb
    Absolute Zero Spines
    Celestial Phoenix Feather (I had to!)

cursed options:
    Limbus Blade
    Soul Leech
    Powerword Whoops
    Bad Luck Blade

< Message edited by CH4OT1C! -- 1/16/2023 20:34:14 >
    AQ  Post #: 7
    1/16/2023 18:14:35   
    Aura Knight

We need more element variants of full metal santa. The unique armor stance did return in the wind school set but c'mon pls more ty. It was such a fun armor. And maybe more items which turn you into some other form. Different elements of shearhide form may be interesting, likely benefitting various stat builds too. Perhaps more element versions of the radiant warhorse too.
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 8
    1/16/2023 18:31:05   
    ruleandrew

I want an item clone that is based on Toffee Apple Wand. I suggest using (Earth + Light) combination.
    AQ  Post #: 9
    1/16/2023 19:27:27   
    Sapphire

Sila's Staff- Need to also make top level version

Doomquake Minions- The idea of 2 guests is simply awesome. Doesn't have to have the same statuses as the original, but a diff element is fine, or both diff element/status.

Algern's Carapace-With higher level versions

Zardwart's Dragon-Frill Wand- Outstanding, underrated item

Mandate/74th law-status bombs with larger than normal melee % paid for to get stronger statuses

Fae's Wanderer, but eat status for damage

Independence daygur/ancient mother's staff <---- This would be fantastic

Troposhield- different elements . The whole game would buy this.

Dark Invader- Diff element, diff statuses for the status bomb.

Cherub- Unique cool armor

Angellic Robes-spellcaster armor with heal boost

Archmage Apprentice- cool utility armor that excels with Beast builds

Summon Giant Horror/Summon Queen Aegea- Guests with an elevuln mode, and anything else on the other toggle. Need one for every element tbh

Plush Mort/Vampoglin/Jelly pet -more sp/mp heal pets/guests

Angra Linnorm- maybe a version for Mages

Weapons with clickable skills-anything...

Celestial Phoenix Feather- maybe not catered to a specific build

shattered horizon/irt of osiris/dragon amulet-Where the 50% damage reducer is actually a heal, rather than a straight reducer.

cyclops eye/zardade- But works more like Irt of Osiris..so bhit by an element, then it heals by 40% afterwards. If diff element lands, changes..then after does the same.

Foam Finger- But not melee

UNIVERSAL DEFLOSS STUFF. I can think of only TWO items in the game. The redesigned psycho guest, and zfinity:time. There are plenty of element-specific defloss, but not enough universal. Defloss = BM's BTH boost, and BM's lack stuff, and non-dex BM's need help.

That's all I have. If you'd include GGB stuff, Bard of war, lust/envy would be phenomenal.

Post #: 10
    1/16/2023 19:42:37   
    KishouArima7

Bag of Mixed Nuts
    Cometoid Jelly
    Post #: 11
    1/16/2023 19:56:46   
    Korriban Gaming

I'm just going to mostly suggest mechanics I want to see rather than specific items to go off on

MP and SP Healing Spells/Skills
    Any item that inflicts Fragile
    TropoShield for other elements
    Energy Shields that increase MRM or reduce damage taken
    MP and SP Healing Guests
    FO Wind armors for Mages that aren't premium
    Void element Weapons
    Wind Shields for Mages
    LUK drive Shields
    Void element Pets and Guests
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 12
    1/16/2023 20:07:21   
    Heroes of the Scape

I would love to see a clone of the My Way armor/shield/Misc. Being able to select your bonus was a mechanic that wasn't used enough IMO.
    AQ  Post #: 13
    1/16/2023 20:19:44   
      Lorekeeper
    And Pun-isher

As a reminder, folks, the thread is for suggesting specific items to clone, and GGB items are excluded.
    Post #: 14
    1/16/2023 20:29:43   
    KuronekoAlchemist

I suggested a darkness version of Underwyrmling for the Crossover but I'll put it here too.
    New elements of Cozy Fire Orb and Greater Water Orb.
    AQ AQW  Post #: 15
    1/16/2023 20:45:57   
    PD

Icefall - Unique elemental mechanics with Elemental Absorption and Resurrection. It doesn't have to be the same exact behavior, but we have like mechanics. Paladin's and Shadow Phoenix Shield both have revival mechanics, and we can replace absorption with generic elemental shields. I'm also aware that GGB's are excluded from this, but if Revenant is getting updated, then it should follow the mechanics that Paladin/Shadow Phoenix does.

Anthracite Coal Armor - Another Unique Mechanic of being able to transform while inside the armor.

Academy Exuberance/Elegance - The fact that the BIS wind armor is a raffle prize that may not even come back is a tragedy in itself.

Nutcracker Defender - Healing in a Shield!

Brightslayer - Elevuln in a Shield/Weapons!

ZANTA/FMS - A source of Freeze in an armor would be nice.

NerfKitten/Nerfbat - These could also be fixed up so they can toggle between damage modes and MRM reduction. Or program them to always do MRM reduction first, and then after maxing out, do their damage stacking modes.

Star Saber of Justice/Amythst Sunderer - More HP healing/draining items!

Sole Shield / Fruitcake Wreath - More SP healing in a shield. Maybe also a variant that could give you a once-per-battle SP heal. Or sacrifice a few MC's for increased SP healing per turn.

Zardade - Allows you to select an element before-hand and set it to that for the rest of the battle, only once per turn.

HyperAlpelphian Shield - Auto-block once per battle!

Svadavari's Oath - More Riders, and not in neutral form, getting elecomp to damage. In the meantime we could also update the Griffin/Ice Rider package armors too so they finally get an MC.

Elahi Ikm of Osiris - Same as Nutcracker defender, but maybe give this a toggle since 3HP/turn is extremely pitiful.

Mana Golem - Until the void revamp brings back all the other void monsters that aren't takeovers, this would be nice to have again.

Teacup/Rhinos - These should be returnable every year, inside their paintings, including the previous year's versions since they had no paintings.

Glacial Short Staff - Everyone wants this! Tomes for every element!

Big Dictionary - Also something that everyone wants!

Pixel Ether - This too!

Loco Costume - Classic fun armor. Maybe update the original to be able to choose the attack as well.

Felled Gunfighter - Love the aesthetic. Although maybe this ought to get re-updated so you can choose what attack you can do, and maybe give it an initiative bonus too :P

< Message edited by PD -- 1/17/2023 3:48:58 >
    Post #: 16
    1/16/2023 20:49:04   
    Bu Kek Siansu

As a clone of Mutant Dragonblade but as Magic and Ranged, if it's possible update the tier levels?

quote:

Head of Raydius Dragon -10% Earth/Darkness

Everfrozen Shard -10% Water/Ice

Urn of Daryngord -10% Fire/Energy

Can we have a clone as a Z-Token item of Everfrozen Shard / Urn of Daryngord but as -10% Wind/Light?

If it's possible as a Z-Token item or (?) as a clone of Mistletorment but different element(s)?

Post #: 17
    1/16/2023 20:55:16   
    Aura Knight

Since dragon blades get element versions why not its clone by design, the carnax blade?

The frozen flagpole could be fun if that's what the past frostval weapon was called. Had Twig stuck to it but for variants you can replace the moglin.
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 18
    1/16/2023 20:56:35   
    Red Blood

For my request it's more a general tackling of the older limited time items that haven't made it elsewhere. Plenty of unique art, and effects have appeared there only to go fully rare in the end outside the rare promotion items I feel that shouldn't be the case. So I'll link some examples I'd like to see a clone of given many were marked as time limited items. This is also only a small selection, and some even have pulled from the pool already like Conjure Shadow.

Bee Arthur Katana
    Stone Splitter
    Emerald Stone Axe
    Arc Shield
    Heart Render Shield
    Heart Render Blade
    Bun-Witcher
    Iron Buckler This one could even just have a fae related trigger added onto it given it's mention of cold iron.
    Layard's Deception
    Witch Hunter
    Witch Waster
    Luck Leecher Clover Cleaver
    Yellow Ribbon shield.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 19
    1/16/2023 21:14:04   
    JhyShy

Pixel ether
    Discount Mogloween bag
    Conjure Shadow
    Mark of hope (Something that compresses a weapon in a misc)
    ZettaSnide and Astromorph (Something that compresses an armor in a misc)
    Frogzard sword (Something that compresses an armor in a weapon)
    Cherub (The armor)
    Doomquake Minions
    Angel of souls
    MADM Arsenal or Barrier
    Corrupted Confluence
    Cozy Fire Orb
    Quadforce
    Crystaline Edge/Staff/Scythe
    Fracture Point (please make it a sword please make it a sword)
    The Jelly pets
    Fireheart warbow
    Stormshadow bow
    Fright Thorn Warbow
    Shee-nya form
    Scathing Dreamweaver
    Duke's Dontopedalogy
    Fujin No Shikifuku/Ironthorn/Celtic Wheel (Please, just give us more stat boost shield options)
    Call version of Summon Gaiden and Summon Ryussei
    Book of Burns (Less about the infinite celerity and charges but more about the many options one can have in a tome)
    Torontosaurus
    Spotter Drake
    Jr Archmage
    Burden of Insight (Another Element)
    Magnablade (Another Element)
    Tenebrophage (Another Element)
    Fae Wanderer (Different Element)
    Haunted Dragonlord weapons (Different Element)

Edit: Added Tenebrophage
    Added Fae and Haunted DL

< Message edited by JhyShy -- 2/3/2023 5:25:17 >
    Post #: 20
    1/16/2023 21:19:04   
    Deli

Poise. This is a classic that hasn't been updated yet.
    Blackbones. I would just like more F2P options for spell boosters - specifically for earth and energy atm.
    Sword of Truth's. This weapon was cool, nothing else to say.
    Absolix Pauldrons and Polearm. Another cool set of items. I really hope for updates.
    Bunny Jammies. Originally a giftbox item, but the mechanic can be utilised elsewhere.
    Ice Fall. Another cool mechanic that can be utilised elsewhere.
    Falerins sweet suit. This one just looks cool, would love variants for all element combinations so that one of my characters inventories was just a bunch of suits.
    Reflective. Imagine a level 150 version of this.
    Cor-Dem. More MRM and/or stat reducing pets!
    AQ  Post #: 21
    1/16/2023 21:28:33   
    RobynJoanne

Thanks, Lorekeeper, for bringing up that old thread. I've noticed Heal Res support recently. It definitely hasn't gone unnoticed how you've been providing such items.

Nevertheless, it's time to bring it up again: Moglin Sword.

Other things I'd want though much less than Moglin Sword:
    Weapons:
    Carrot Lance (mostly just so other builds can use this effect without just sacrificing a weapon slot)
    Omni Knight Blade
    Quester's VBG (Elemental clones)
    Gas Rat Grenades (Elemental clones that also remove the old monster element immunity)
    Belmiah's Splendor
    Shark Sabre/Fracture Point (just more Weapon Potency)
    Armors:
    Angelic Robes
    Mythical Warrior (I know Contest items are a bit sketchy, but we do deserve a QC heal)
    Golem Summoner's Robes (this is a hard one to get since the mechanics are so intrinsically tied to the item's name and aesthetics)
    Shields:
    Cozy Farzhad Mogloo (we've gotten this shield twice but not elemental clones)
    Radiant Aegis
    CIT/Celtic Wheels/Fujin no Shukufuku/Pies (just more elemental clones of the drive shields to give players some choice)
    Guests/Pets:
    Ninja Lawyer Assassins (or just Contract pets/guests with status effects in general)
    Cherub (or just more monster Celerity costs)
    Chiaro Symbiote
    Peace Zard
    Spotter Drake
    Frost Effigy/Scarab/Hammerhead Shark (just more Pet Potency, which could also get a look)
    Spells:
    Knife to Meat You/Spectral Chains (and add a once-per-battle bonus?)
    Whirlpool (just more efficient spells in general)
    Vidrir's Judgment (also a good excuse to fix auto-hit)
    Miscs:
    Sunburst Amulet/Venomjade Crown (this kind of misc for other status effects could be a godsend.)

I also support the items on Dreiko's, Chaotic's, PD's, Redrain's, and Deli's lists.

< Message edited by RobynJoanne -- 1/17/2023 18:29:17 >
    Post #: 22
    1/16/2023 21:35:35   
    Kaizoku

Conjure Shadow
    Glacial Short Staff
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 23
    1/16/2023 22:28:53   
    Novyx

MADM Arsenal (Different elements)
    Haunted Dragonlord's Charge (Different elements)
    Thunder Lord's Spear (Different elements and maybe a different other mode instead of paying HP to burn, the only other auto-hit spear is the Protean ones and those are locked to auto-hit mode only for ranged)
    Fujin no Shukufuku (Different elements. Other stat drives could also do with elemental clones but DEX is the last stat that only has 1)
    Moonwalker's Grace (Might need an update post stat rework due to DEX losing value from the blocking it used to provide, ideally a clone that costs HP/SP instead of MP because requiring MP for a DEX spell hurts)
    Helm of Frostval Past (Potentially with different stats on the misc, but the on-click BtH boost is the main draw of the item)
    Shadowfeeder Pendant (Same as above since MP -> SP conversion is build-specific, and the click ability is the main draw. Wouldn't mind if the celerity cost more SP to become guaranteed, became unstackable, did or didn't affect pets & guests etc.)

High Communicant's Judgement (Different elements. This is the magic version, altho I wouldn't argue with clones of the melee version either)
    Brightslayer Crossbow (Different elements, maybe with a different upkeep cost and the ability to toggle between a normal mode and blind mode)
    Festive Elf Bow (Different elements)
    Mana Crystal Defender (Different elements)
    Invincible Star (Another boss beating tool, allowing players to find out what an SP attack does/what element it hits with without getting 1 shot and having to start over)
    Summon Gaiden (Different elements, just an MP-upkeep healing guest)
    Bag of Mixed Nuts (Doesn't have to be the entire thing, just a couple of the skills would already make a good misc)
    Love Potion #739 (Some way to guarantee a status sticking for the vulnerable phases of bosses, hopefully accessible by adventurers)

Bonus points if the cloned items are available year-round, even if they're not clones of the items I've asked for above. The game needs more good items that are accessible to returning players.
    Post #: 24
    1/16/2023 23:01:20   
    Gateless

Thank you for making this thread!

These are some suggestions that fit the criteria (suggested elements are my own preferences based on my build so there will be a lot of duplicates):

Terror Totem (Earth or Ice or Energy or Earth/Ice-dual-res Clone)
    Eclipse Shield (Earth or Ice or Energy or Earth/Ice-dual-res Clone)
    TropoShield (Earth/Energy/Fire res that inflicts Wind/Water/Ice elevuln)
    New Year's Surprise (DEX-scaling version)
    Thunder Lord's Spear (Water Clone)
    Grinning Jack (Earth or Ice Clone with Imbue)
    Blood Ruby Rain (SP Version)
    Samukematsuri Oni Mask (Unspecified Elemental Clone)
    Shadowfeeder Pendant (Updated/Scaled to level 150)
    Angel Bells (Unspecified Elemental Clone & Scaled to level 150)
    Irony Man Shield (Unspecified Elemental Clone)

Some desirables that aren't exact clones:

Earth-element with Choke or Fear Imbue Spell
    Thunder Lord's Spear (Water Clone, but Burn infliction is swapped for Elevuln infliction)
    Choke Status-eating HP-regen Shield or Misc (Similar to Terror Totem)
    Choke Status-eating Ele-emp Shield or Misc (Similar to Paleskull Champion)
    Bag of Mixed Nuts (Something similar I guess)
    Invincible Star (Something similar I guess)
    Earth-Ice Compression Shield

Some desirables that are GGB or Package item clones (I'm aware these don't fit the thread's criteria):

Zealot's Wrath (Water Clone)
    Buffalot's/Arcane/Una (DEX-boosting Clone)
    Masamune (Ranged Clone)
    Bloodzerker (Ice Clone)
    Agony's Embrace (Water Clone)
    Infinita Staff (Water Clone)

< Message edited by Gateless -- 1/17/2023 8:46:35 >

“Thus, because the wise do not find that an illusory horse and elephant are a horse and an elephant, they do not qualify as nonexistent, but because they are found by fools, they qualify as existent.”
    Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Item Clone Requests!
    Page 1 of 41234>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition