Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Returning warrior player

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Returning warrior player
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/12/2023 11:38:15   
Specky25

Char page: https://aq.battleon.com/game/flash/charview?temp=47754928
Lvl 150
Stats: 250 dex / luck / str
Build: Warrior/ pure warrior?

Most of my battles, I would use my guest + pet as dunamis with blood zerker weapon + armor and the appropriate misc for good resistence. One problem is the dmg I receive from using a blood zerker weapon sometimes makes me take a lot of dmg per turn against harder bosses which makes me put on a healing pet like fairy godmother or retro twillly and the healing isn't much because of 0 charisma. I was wondering if there are any better pets or solution.

Another question I have is about guests / spells. I have spells like Imanok edoc/absolute darkness/Call dunamis/runic binding SP/ I use gandolphin at times. I do have some healing spells like transcended water
but doesnt feel like it's worth over a pot. Are there better spells/guests that could be helpful for me.

I was thinking about the new mosquito guest/pet but I wasn't sure if it the healing would be better than retro twilly or godmother with 0 charisma.Also, the timekeeper SP misc, the description sounds good for me but Im not sure if it scales of any of my stats (dex/luck/str).

Are most calls guests linked to charisma as stat?

< Message edited by Specky25 -- 2/12/2023 11:48:58 >
AQ  Post #: 1
2/12/2023 11:57:31   
Firedice18

I have a Warrior like yours and I just switch some of my stats to CHA.
DEX is no longer needed if you are only using melee type weapons. I would suggest investing or transferring to END or CHA

This is my char link FYI: My Brightlight

I just recently noticed that investing to CHA is not bad since some of the pets right now are more reliable especially pets that restore SP.

If ever you would change ur mind to invest to CHA

These are the great pets that I would suggest to you.

And Getting Optico Misc (which is expensive right now is also great for boosting these pets rec
overy)
(Additional tips: buying Optico Misc during Black Sale Friday is worth it)

I would highly suggest getting FAE Pet for High SP recovery especially when Target is inflicted with Panic Status

I just Bought Mosquito and it is also Great at Recovering Sp as long the pet didn't miss all it's attacks.

Vamplogin Lord Pet - Dark pet version that also restores SP

< Message edited by Firedice18 -- 2/12/2023 21:46:59 >
AQ  Post #: 2
2/13/2023 0:35:13   
Primate Murder

I see you decided to go the beastwarrior route.

How attached are you to Luck? Pet/guests still use Dex for about a quarter of their accuracy, which makes it a more worthwhile investment in many cases. Not necessary, mind you, and in many cases - defensive, healing, backlash, boosting - the pet/guest autohits, but investing in Dex is a more sure route if you want to diversify.

I'm willing to provide a full character rating if you can verify which stat build you prefer.
AQ DF  Post #: 3
2/13/2023 7:49:54   
Specky25

Thank you for helping, both of you.

Does 0 luck greatly impact the dmg I do using melee weapons.

With the 250 CHA + 250 Dex, the pets or guests I use would be primarily for healing/boosting/defensive. If luck does not play that much of a diff, I would gladly pivot into 250 CHA + 250 dex.

< Message edited by Specky25 -- 2/13/2023 7:50:06 >
AQ  Post #: 4
2/13/2023 11:39:45   
Primate Murder

Luck gives you 10% chance of dealing ~2x damage (Lucky Strike), +10 to status infliction and resistance, minor boosts to accuracy and blocking, and twice as much Initiative as a MainStat. Basically, it's a jack-of-all-trades stat, though one much favored by offensive builds for the increased chance of going first. There's also some niche hypercrit strats, but that's mostly for people who like to stack boosts to see that one really big number on the screen.

Dex is less necessary for booster pets/guests (as they autohit), but there are a few resource-recovery ones - like the mosquito pair mentioned by Firedice, really nice for regaining sp - which depend on hitting the monster. I should also note that this is the stat used for old standard skills (like Ultimon's Armor or Horo-Show) as they only deal Ranged or Magic damage.

With that in mind, which one do you want?

250 Str/Dex/Cha?

Or 250 Str/Cha/Luck?

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 2/13/2023 11:40:37 >
AQ DF  Post #: 5
2/13/2023 12:53:36   
Specky25

I'll try 250 Str/Dex/Cha

AQ  Post #: 6
2/14/2023 0:42:19   
Primate Murder

Ok, let's see what I can do...

Weapons

Water would probably be the best no-drop element.

Blazing and Terra Bloodzerker Swords are still the top options for their respective elements.

MADM Arsenal gives the same damage boost as Bloodzerker blades, but without the hp cost. Alternatively, Haunted Dragonlord's Might deals slightly reduced damage to recover sp based on your number of hits, so great with Werewolf's 4-hit Beast Form.

Horo-Show sword gives you Harm damage, in case you run into low-resist monsters.

Thundersplitter toggles to autohit, in case you run into a monster with high MRM.

Your strongest light nuke would be Paladin's Overwhelming Light, so you'd want something to synergize with that. Mystic Retro Golden Axe (heals sp each time you use a spell-type skill) or Lion's Roar (+37.5% damage with spell-type skills against undead) would fill that niche. Once Blarney rolls around, you might also want to check out Alchemical Unity, which inflicts Blind based on damage dealt, making it highly overpowered with weapon-based nukes.

Infinita Staff is the best sp-regen weapon we have, as it recovers sp based on damage dealt.

Armors

As you already have werewolf transformation no-drop, you don't really need a second earth armor.

Hexbound Solar Core is a straight-up upgrade on Bloodzerker. It pays more hp (in form of a fire burn) for higher damage on attack, and has a skill that does 1.5x damage of a standard skill.

Quenching Bloodzerker gives high damage at low cost.

Wind is probably the most under-represented element for warriors right now, and I can't offer you anything better than your own Haunted Dragonlord.

Knightmare Plate is a step above Hand of Tera'Suul. You can lock it to ice damage for a free damage boost (after scrambling monster resists with PCO) or pay sp to add celerity on top of that.

H-Series Tempest Armor is probably the best warrior armor we have. Its toggle locks you to energy damage with celerity, it has a weapon-based skill (that can be paired with celerity), and an Initiative Boost that gives +50% damage during first round if you get the drop on the monster. Best used with Lucretia's Ambush potion for maximum initiative.

Paladin has been revamped into an endgame class with 20+ skills. It has a vast array of nukes, stat and effect toggles, healing, ressurection, light booster guest, and more. Best against undead, but fairly good against light monsters as well.

Angel of Souls' skill pays hp, which makes it much more spammable than the other options.

Shields

Cerberus Ward compresses fire/darkness.

Your Accordion Shield gives +20 Control Potence. Paired with Pridelord guest and Spotter Drake pet, that's +50 potency to Love Potion's stun.

Pies has Cha drive.

Chieftain's Ironthorn has been revamped into a Str drive shield. Don't forget to upgrade yours to lvl 150 tier.

Umazen Aspis has amazing synergy with Queen's Corgi guest. Alternatively, Mindbreaker Shield has a 1/turn qc skill that inflicts DefLoss and Blind.

Against Undead, you'd want to use the shield from Paladin Armaments skill (as it uses Paladin's light res for all elements). Against light monsters, Mana Crystal Defender (gives Barrier whenever you use a spell-type skill).

If you have the tokens, TropoShield is an amazing utility option. It has low resistances, but pays sp and defences to inflict a powerful EleVuln (fire, earth, energy only) each time you attack. It's the closest thing we have to the old CIT.

Spells

Keep Dunamis, Purple Rain, Pridelord.

Mosquito, mentioned above, is great at restoring hp, and doubles as a healing guest. The healing is /WindRes, so you can effectively use it against monster of any element.

Essence of Carnage is a booster guest. It gives less of a boost than Dunamis, but it comes with harm Backlash, which might be more useful when fighting high-damage mobs or ones with punishing damage caps.

Invincible Heart makes you effectively invulnerable for a turn. Great for weathering a monster nuke or using an elecomped armor skill against monster of an opposite element.

There's a lot of options for your remaining two slots, so I'll just list them out and let you choose for yourself:

- Bun-Banneret guest (returns some time in March) toggles to give you a powerful DefBoost. With a Bun-Banneret pet, you should be blocking over a half of monster's attacks, in case you want to try a more defensive gameplay.

- Mogdin guest (returns in... a while) is the second most powerful stun guest we have.

- Prototype Hunter Drone is a 1.5x damage Harm guest, in case you need more Harm damage.

- Chromatic Channeling is a very unique sort of Imbue that gives you Str, Melee lock, random element lock, and inflicts a Poison that heals you. Kind of a mishmash of stuff, and it costs a turn, but rather nice if you want to mix some nuke with healing.

- Santarctic Crusher can be handy against monster with punishing damage caps.

- If you have tokens to spare, Imbue spells are of great help against monsters with Form Shift immunity.

Pets

Keep Dunamis and Underwyrmling.

Angra Linnorm is a pet version of EoC. Again, not as strong a boost as Dunamis, but it comes Backlash.

Lepre-Chan (returns in March) is a f2p light booster pet.

Spotter Drake gives +12 Status Potence.

Mosquito is great for sp recovery and doubles as a healing pet.

Bun-Banneret gives you blocking.

Woolzard (currently in the Void) is the only pet that inflicts Sleep.

Miscs

Keep Essence Orb, Blood Contract, SFP.

Resistance miscs have kinda left the meta a while ago. Most battles pass too quickly for them to make a difference, and the sheer amount of slots they take up keeps you from using a lot of more interesting miscs.

Prime Chaos Orb (in your storage) has a qc skill that scrambles monster resists. Use it a few times until the monster is vulnerable to its own element, and your elecomped armor nukes make short work of the monster.

Love Potion gives you a stackable qc stun. With Accordion shield, Pridelord guest, and Spotter Drake pet, you get a whooping +50 bonus to save, which should enable you to stun any monster that doesn't have Freedom. With Purple Rain and Essence Orb, you can keep it stunned for the entire battle.

Helm of Frostval Past gives a free qc accuracy boost 1/battle.

Optico gives +10 Status Potence.

Queen's Crown gives you the strongest stun guest in the game.

Hope the information is useful, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
AQ DF  Post #: 7
2/14/2023 1:27:29   
Firedice18

@Primate

Question regarding the Paladin Armor

With the Skill the Gives DeX/STR drive, does it really provides 35- str & dex at lvl 150?. I dunno if this is a bug for me
Because the Necromancer armor gives +50 INT at lvl 150.

And other question where can we get the Tempest H-Armor?

< Message edited by Firedice18 -- 2/14/2023 1:28:05 >
AQ  Post #: 8
2/14/2023 6:08:21   
Primate Murder

It's not a bug. Paladin's Arcanist variant also gives +50 Int. The warrior-based one, unfortunately, only gives 35 to each stat.

H-Series comes from: Warlic's Shop -> Quests -> War Between Shadows -> Once Upon a Scheme
AQ DF  Post #: 9
2/14/2023 7:14:28   
Firedice18

THANKS PRIMATE. You're such a great guy. Happy Valentine's for you.
AQ  Post #: 10
2/15/2023 0:20:59   
Specky25

Thanks primate.

I have some questions.

I wasn't able to find info on how to get Santarctic Crusher and Thundersplitter
(Did I miss the frostval for this?, couldnt find past frostval).

Also, is Mystic Retro Golden Axe the same as Retro Golden axe. Did I get the wrong one,
it didn't feel like I was gaining sp from paladin spells.

Im still new to this type of playstyle so.. my bad if the questions seems noob.

I've been playing around with the build, the Purple Rain into Essence Orb spam into
SPF/ love potion has been doing good. One problem I have is some tougher
enemies dont allow the love potion spam. Would the best play be purple rain into
prime chaos orb + SFP for armor skill spam + good upkeep of sp via mosquito/weapon.

It seems like this build doesn't have much defensive stuff (until I get Bun-Banneret)
so is it NUKE ASAP.. or Im mistaken.

Thank you again

< Message edited by Specky25 -- 2/15/2023 0:21:35 >
AQ  Post #: 11
2/15/2023 7:22:12   
Primate Murder

You have Santarctic Crusher spell in storage.

To get Thundersplitter, complete any of the Frostval quests in Today's Event, and at the end of it chose to replay Decorate The Tree quest. Thundersplitter axe is among its rewards.

Mystic Retro Golden Axe is the magical variant of the Retro Golden Axe, bought from the same place.

Against enemies immune to being stunned, use PCO until they're weak to their own element (so water monster weak to water, fire monster weak to fire, etc). This allows you to use your armor skills and deal high damage; you don't even need SFP. There is some risk involved, but the amount of damage you deal should be more than enough to kill the monster before it kills you.

It is called a fully offensive playstyle, after all.
AQ DF  Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Returning warrior player
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition