Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Celerity's Change

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Celerity's Change
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/6/2023 15:28:11   
Sapphire

quote:

Figure I should make a post. Status System v122.
Fixed a bug where Boss Boost was not properly applying to player Celerity saves like it should.
-- Honestly Celerity shouldn't need a save; if you all can make a list of items then I can revamp them. Sometime before autumn.
Added additional support for Fear-eating.

Cleaning up my OP, as I was actually busy and the post was thrown together over a good period of time and after re-reading came out indicating as much.

First, I was aware this was coming based on some discussion on discord. I was also aware that the better idea was to change celerity to look more like a "self buff", and that would result in larger costs but guaranteed to work.

The guarantee method is simply better, not only for SFP, but also for BoW.

Prior to this actually happening, and as a result of the discussion, I garnered some feedback and it seems *most* players also prefer the guarantee self buff method.

So why are we doing double work?

I also think this change just nuked SFP vs boss boost, since it uses Vstat and was already more difficult vs bosses as it was. If this is going to stay for a bit, can SFP be changed to be mainstat inflict (based on weapon type held)??

Also, I hope in the end, for BoW, the change from FD to FO on it's defense is either good enough cost (instead of SP) to implement it or makes up a rather large portion with lower SP. When compared to say, Infernal Champion, I think Infernal works because of the poison damage more so than BoW would work with the exact same SP costs. I hope the "intended flavor" like with cutlasses and Fae's is retained as much as possible when these final changes come to pass.

Lastly, I think a goal of "by Autumn" isn't really representing nor understanding how players feel about this specific topic, and IMO, a much sooner resolution should be planned for.

< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 3/7/2023 8:04:44 >
Post #: 1
3/6/2023 22:08:13   
Rastaban

Concerning a list of items, I seem to remember being surprised at Royal Wedding Cake pet celerity not working sometimes.
Post #: 2
3/6/2023 23:57:45   
Novyx

There's a list on discord that has these:
Weapons:
Shadowwalker/UmbralWalker of Time weapons (Dagger, Staff, Scythe)
Frostval Spear-it
TimeKeeper's Staff
Armours:
(Default/Festive/Jolly/Undead/Frigid/Retro/Jubilant/Prestissimo) Bard of War
Sneak Garb
Gatekeeper armours
King's Reign armours
Spells:
Your Body Heals at the Speed of Light
Surge spells
Pets:
Royal Cake
Troofle
Miscs:
Shadowfeeder Pendant
Kibbles' Coffee Mug
Legendary Shadow Crystal V2
Gogg's Fortune
Moglord Crown
Troofle Fur

Posting more so people can find what's missing
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Celerity's Change
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition