Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

March 17th Design Notes: Wanted: The Black Shuck

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> March 17th Design Notes: Wanted: The Black Shuck
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/18/2023 7:25:01   
Laeon val Observis

quote:

Friday, March 17, 2023
Wanted: The Black Shuck
Hey there, heroes!

This week, the Odd Jobs board in the Falconreach Inn has had yet another request added to it from the enigmatic K...

This time, the note leads you to the Whispering Steppes in search of a predator stalking the tall grass.

Be careful and watch your surroundings! Take care that the hunter doesn't become the hunted.

But where did these odd creatures come from in the first place...?

Head over to the Falconreach Inn in Book 3 Falconreach and check out the Odd Jobs board to find your latest hunt: The Black Shuck!

Also, an issue with the MiniVolt pet has been fixed, where it would attack with NaN damage.

And that's all for this week!

DF AQW  Post #: 1
3/18/2023 7:53:09   
Flabagast

Looks like you beat me to it Laeon lol.

spoiler:

Wasn't there a secret in the previous quest in the Hide Behind series? Something about Kassandra's Feargeist machine? This creature also deals Fear damage, so the theory that these are her failed experiments still holds up.

The Whispering Steppes at night are such a vibe too.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
3/18/2023 10:51:36   
Vaalirus

spoiler:

^

In the Tizheruk quest, there was the secret kathool esque minigame that disclosed a bit of Kassandra's logged notes on the Fear Engine generating the list of monsters we've encountered so far: Feargiest, the Drop Bear, the Tizheruk, the Burrunjor, the Black Shuck, and presumably the Hidebehind though that last one was never mentioned in the notes. Curiously, the notes on the Shuck and the Burrunjor were lacking save for the log mentioning that their production had been ceased, likely not to give away descriptions to early to narrow down what they were or what they were being used for. Wonder if the Shuck prowling in the Whispering Steppes makes it live up to its origins given the old dragon monastery is located there and it's where Yalla was taking her dirt nap.

We've effectively encountered every monster that was listed in the notes save for the Burrunjor and if the namesakes of its fellow fear monsters are any indication we might end up fighting a giant black dinosaur at the end of this.

< Message edited by Vaalirus -- 3/18/2023 11:21:18 >
DF  Post #: 3
4/17/2023 16:00:04   
PhillipThielen
Banned

I can't click on the spoiler.

< Message edited by PhillipThielen -- 5/11/2023 6:08:23 >
Post #: 4
4/17/2023 16:05:53   
Laeon val Observis

You do not click on spoilers but highlight them. This ain't reddit.
DF AQW  Post #: 5
4/22/2023 1:42:58   
Roxas45

Of all places to go, I didn't think something resembling a bot would come to the dragonfable forums.
Maybe the AQW one, but not DF.
XD

Also, it seems that I've missed this update, so I'm looking forward to seeing it.
Especially considering what I do know about Black Shuck, as the mythos. :D
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> March 17th Design Notes: Wanted: The Black Shuck
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition