Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ= Nemesis Set Overhaul

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Nemesis Set Overhaul
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/14/2023 0:02:53   
PD

From the newsletter: https://mailchi.mp/artix.com/2023-nemesis-set-overhaul

quote:

Nemesis Set Overhaul

COMING THIS WEEK!
After showing some love to the all-time classic Nightmare set, it's time to revamp the modern Nemesis set! Get ready for a power boost to the modern set with new items, a revamped quest, and all new lore!

The tide is turning, and the Sharks and Independence Day Limited-Time Shops are making their final splash this week in the world of AdventureQuest! Snatch up your exclusive items before they swim away into the horizon. But that's not all! The fearsome Uncle Krenos Rare Monster Hunt is also ending this week. Seize the opportunity to challenge this formidable foe and claim your own Patriot Katana before it vanishes from the realm!

Another early newsletter, but looking forward to the update!

Tag you're it. *Checks* Definitely tagged this time. ~Anim

< Message edited by AnimalKing -- 8/14/2023 12:57:52 >
Post #: 1
8/14/2023 0:06:19   
Sapphire

Yeah a pet and misc likely, and faster animation than Retro makes this a nice release. I am happy it's sooner rather than later, tbh.
Post #: 2
8/14/2023 7:28:03   
battlesiege15

Yay! I hope the pet gets a MC that's more than just Bleed Potence. Actually that won't be too bad as long as it can inflict Bleed too!
AQ AQW  Post #: 3
8/14/2023 19:10:20   
Sapphire

I doubt it will be bleed. The rest of the set doesn't. It will synergize with the rest of the set, which will be a copy of Retro Nightmare.
Post #: 4
8/17/2023 12:06:57   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

This is going to be another Friday release folks! The Nemesis pet has been remade and will no longer be a reskinned Buccaneer Monkey.
AQ  Post #: 5
8/17/2023 17:54:09   
battlesiege15

Oh my gosh, I didn't even realize it was a reskin. No wonder it's animation was so familiar!
AQ AQW  Post #: 6
8/19/2023 2:56:46   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

The ancient Nemesis has revealed some unexpected and sinister surprises, and it is looking like the release will be ready later tonight/early tomorrow!

The release is live!
AQ  Revisions: 1 | Post #: 7
8/19/2023 3:21:58   
PD

Was able to zoom past the new quest. Ironically the Retro Nightmare set is pretty good against Nemesis.

That said all around great release and a nice refresh on a long-awaited update!

On the items themselves, the pet has a very nice synergy with the miscs. Along with the misc and spell you get 3 sources of ice poison, leading to ridiculous amounts of siphon. Huge offensive and defensive power at the same time.

< Message edited by PD -- 8/19/2023 4:34:30 >
Post #: 8
8/19/2023 6:40:48   
ArchNero

Cool set of items from the updated nemesis quest.

Not a complaint but can't help but notice though but someone at Staff must really love the poison status as of lately ahaha. Poison from the mermazon weapons, poison from the new package set and poison from the new nemesis items.
Post #: 9
8/19/2023 9:11:04   
Bolter

Will there be any special lv105+ items added next time?
AQ  Post #: 10
8/19/2023 11:11:28   
Sapphire

The set is an improvement over Nightmare in that the animation speed on the attack is way faster. That alone deserves replacing the retro set.

The addition of ice drain poison on the pet, misc, and an imbue spell combined will make for some pretty powerful stacking. This will go well with backlash mode. Heal back more HP while backlashing is a great strategy, even if you don't have END it might make backlashing something to consider.

But there's no synergy with dodgelash mode with spell/pet/misc.

I was hoping to see some more synergies with dodgelash mode, tbh. It was and is my favorite mode. Even before the elecomp was removed from backlash mode, it was.

I like drain poisons in general. But I think it might be time to move on from them for like, maybe a year lol Its been quite a lot .....

The whole set, 9/10.

PS @ Anim Seeing Red -cry-
Post #: 11
8/19/2023 11:23:18   
CarrionSpike

Is the Nemesis weapon skill not meant to have an animation? Seems a bit weird to just point the mace at the monster (no contact or anything) to damage them.
Post #: 12
8/19/2023 11:42:39   
Bolter

^Weapon's skill animation seems bugged. Also it has been reported that accessing the Nemesis set quest via Warlic in his shop still brings you to the old version of the quest so it seems.
AQ  Post #: 13
8/19/2023 23:38:31   
Primate Murder

quote:

HPCOST (100% Melee) HP to have your weapon attacks/specials attempt to inflict a 2 turn 50% Melee Ice Poison that heals you = to damage dealt

Is it just me or is it a little weird to pay hp for an effect that heals hp?

Edit: On a side note, I'm really liking the spell, particularly when paired with Winter Dryad Bark. The sp cost is prohibitive, but a combo of EleVuln, Poison, Backlash, and healing is just really fun to play with.

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 8/20/2023 0:41:53 >
AQ DF  Post #: 14
8/20/2023 1:40:38   
dr jo

Really like the per reskin thanks @hollow and the nemesis aura is great idea
AQ  Post #: 15
8/20/2023 11:28:43   
Bolter

Somehow the mace shown on the newsletter appears longer than the actual ones, which one would have thought was supposed to be the Ranged version at first, but it didn't seem like the case after all, as the Ranged version still more or less looks identical to the Melee and Magic versions. Not that it matters anyway.
AQ  Post #: 16
8/20/2023 23:16:43   
Exodasbr

Wow, I will have to check this out.
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Nemesis Set Overhaul
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition