Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Fae Wanderer

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Fae Wanderer
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/9/2023 20:25:59   
Bannished Rogue

Is the MP & SP heal from Fae Wanderer pet affected/buffed by CHA or just LUK?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 1
10/10/2023 11:53:21   
Sapphire

It's buffed by CHA and not luck, unless it lucky strikes. This is why the meta is inflict panic while equipping Optico misc so Fae's can eat panic and get lucky strikes, making it very good for resource heals. But it's now horrendous for damage. But that's fine and an acceptable trade off.

< Message edited by Sapphire -- 10/10/2023 11:54:38 >
Post #: 2
10/15/2023 0:46:23   
Bannished Rogue

Is it more effective to invest in:
• END- Since it boosts effectiveness of heals
or
• CHA- Since I'm assuming the damage it does dictates how much it heals you
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 3
10/16/2023 22:41:44   
Grace Xisthrith

if you're not running CHA for whatever reason, and you're going to only be comboing Fae Wanderer with Optico for pet hypercrit, CHA probably isn't worth the investment just for boosting its healing.

While CHA investment does approximately double its heal's base damage, if you're using lucky strikes, a crit takes the vast majority of its damage from the LUK stat, something like 3x damage from luck, and 1x damage from CHA, so 3:1. Therefore, if you're just using Optico, you might get more overall benefit out of END instead of CHA. In general though, CHA will double the effect of the heal, while END only boosts it by 1.125x
AQ  Post #: 4
10/17/2023 0:44:45   
Bannished Rogue

quote:

something like 3x damage from luck, and 1x damage from CHA

you might get more overall benefit out of END instead of CHA. In general though, CHA will double the effect of the heal, while END only boosts it by 1.125x

I dont understand.
• Wouldn't 1x damage from CHA mean that heal is equal to damage dealt, not double?
• Wouldn't double the effect of heal be 2×
• How would END give more overall benefit to the heal if it's 1.125×
• If CHA is in fact 1×, wouldnt that make END better completely?

I am only using Optico but only have 115 stat points to use.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 5
10/17/2023 15:56:12   
Grace Xisthrith

That was a pretty confusing explanation yeah, whoops.

Fae Wanderer's healing mode trades approximately half its damage to heal MP and SP. Just assume it's 1/2 each, meaning 1/4 of overall pet damage, meaning 10% melee each resource. That's a slight oversimplification, but it's close enough.

Pet damage for all pets is half from base and random damage, and half from CHA. So with CHA, you'll average dealing 40% melee worth of damage. Without CHA, you'll average 20% melee worth of damage.

When pets lucky strike, the stat damage from Luck is 3x larger than the stat damage from CHA (same with all LS effects, except spells / type skills). So, with 0 CHA and 0 LUK, you deal 20% melee. With 0 CHA and 250 LUK and a LS, you deal 80% melee. With 250 CHA and LUK and an LS, that only goes up to 100% melee. 100% melee is barely better than 80% melee (at least for the price of 250 stat points), so that's why I said if you're using Optico, the CHA is a much less necessary part of the setup. It would still help, but notably less than LUK.

You say you only have 115 stat points to allocate. Assumed stat values at 150 are 250. So you're getting approximately 2/5s of expected stat input, meaning you'll get 2/5s of the LS boost, which is kinda ass, and at that point I wouldn't recommend using. IDK what your statline is, but 115 LUK for the purpose of lucky strikes will not have a significant output compared to the resources you're (probably) putting into getting hypercrit.

Finally, I forgot that the END healing boost only affects HP healing. So, I was wrong earlier, it wouldn't change Fae Wanderer at all.

If you're curious if eating panic changes these numbers, it doesn't (or at least shouldn't, bugs not withstanding). It just makes all the numbers higher, the ratio of LUK - CHA - Base damage stays the same

Let me know if you have any questions
AQ  Post #: 6
10/17/2023 23:43:43   
Bannished Rogue

My stay lineup is:
• STR- 5
• DEX- 250
• INT- 130
• END- 0
• CHA- 115
• LUK- 250

The 115 was me debating on swapping CHA for END.

< Message edited by Bannished Rogue -- 10/19/2023 23:02:14 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 7
10/18/2023 17:12:51   
Grace Xisthrith

What's the mindset behind those particular stats? If I may. Also I see, if so, the 115 will probably serve you better on END for survivability / EO fuel, rather than a slightly more efficient Fae Wanderer, at least if you're using Optico.
AQ  Post #: 8
10/19/2023 21:24:28   
Bannished Rogue

• STR- 5
--I roleplay. To me a 0 STR character is someone that would struggle to pickup an empty shopping basket. 5 would be still pretty weak, but should be at be to at least hold daggers. It also slightly helps with saves and roles regarding STR. I completely understand this isn't optimal.

• DEX- 250
-- I use ranged weapons and dodge

• INT- 130
-- Just enough MP to cast moonwalkers grace and imonok idoc

• END- 0
-- if this helps me get the most out of fae wanderer pet heal, then I'll put the 115 points here

• CHA- 115
-- Maximize fae wanderer panic eating heal effect. If it helps me get the most out of fae wanderer, I'm gonna keep it.

• LUK- 250
-- More dodge, initiative, and maximize fae wanderer panic eating heal via lucky

< Message edited by Bannished Rogue -- 10/19/2023 21:29:26 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 9
10/20/2023 10:30:25   
Sapphire

END only effects HP heals, not MP and SP. It'd be pointless to utilize END here for that reason, also another.

To maximize Fae's, you need to inflict panic. There are now several weapons and spells and CR72 pet/guest that inflict panic. You'll be able to "out-panic" what Fae's can eat, easily. If you use eternal champions shield (regardless of monster element), you'll gain 20 panic potence and the panic will regularly inflict *and* remain, lowering monster offense. Panic stacking > END training by an infinity mile.

In addition, if you use Optico misc you get the 10-11 potence for panick inflictions *and* the x6 increased pet LS rate. A lucky strike for a pet will provide more than even 250 CHA, so there are some people who have 0 CHA and still utilize optico for the resource healing, just they'll be forced to inflict panic with something other than Cr72.

If this is desired, you could move that CHA into INT and use seeing red or jania's orb of power spell, or you could just use fright thorn's bow and master archer armor for insane panic with per my last arrow.

Also, you might be able to move 100 INT back into CHAand use a +50 INT shield *and* misc to get back to 130 to cast your buff spells, then swap back.

Ultimately, Fae's is better for players with a lot of INT, as the MP portion of the heal ends up a waste. You may be better off running mosquitos, tbh.

But yeah, END only effects HP heals.

Post #: 10
10/24/2023 21:44:50   
Grace Xisthrith

I see, the 5 STR and seemingly random INT amount was what threw me, but now I see your logic. Thanks for explaining
AQ  Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Fae Wanderer
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition