Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Returning Player Needs A Little Help

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Returning Player Needs A Little Help
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/14/2023 19:20:30   
taz_td88

I am a returning player level 150 X Guardian. A long time ago, I was a Lucky Warrior Beastmaster... but stat calculations have changed since I created my build. And I'm sure, my setups are nonoptimal. (like ranged weapons and melee weapons use to take the same stats) I'd appreciate the help I could get.
No drop element: Energy
https://aq.battleon.com/game/flash/charview?temp=39279046

< Message edited by taz_td88 -- 10/14/2023 19:25:45 >
AQ  Post #: 1
10/15/2023 0:23:00   
Primate Murder

Welcome back!

Something I have to note is that the stat cap has been raised to 250. That means you can now max out three stats, with no points left over. Do you want to be a lucky beastwarrior? A warrior-ranger beasthybrid? Maybe even something else entirely? Honestly, these days you can pick any three stats and you can make a build out of them (even if it's not always optimal).

Once you settle on the build you want to use, I can provide a full rating.
AQ DF  Post #: 2
10/15/2023 16:29:29   
taz_td88

Thank you!

This is the big part of the problem honestly is the stat changes makes it difficult for me to choose a build.
I’ve been very out of the loop so please correct if I’m wrong but Pet bth is based on CHA, Dex, and Luk which feels like a heavy cost but I have an inventory of bm pets and in order for their status effects to work I need sufficient CHA and LUK to pass the status rolls.

This character is a warrior (but the Angel of souls full set bonus and the ranged damage I deal from WKZ. Makes me think ranged bth would still be important, especially pet bth [I don’t actually know the current formulas in use]) so I might need help on my stat designation.

Since Dex longer boosts bth across the board, it’s less useful and the would be stat to dump. But my if pets can’t hit anything it’d be kind of pointless to invest in CHA. But I think pet bth is still affected by luck. ( ironically I have ranger character, and a mage, and hybrid) but getting a beast warrior who can beast appropriately seems difficult. So I really don’t know how to stat him.

It feels like beast ranger is being pushed but ranged is generally the least tended to of the 4 main stats. Which makes it less desirable as a build for my main.
AQ  Post #: 3
10/16/2023 2:40:54   
Primate Murder

Luck actually has a fairly minor impact on pets and guests. It gives ~5% extra accuracy and ~10% chance of inflicting an effect (the numbers are a bit more complex than that, but let's go with this for simplicity's sake). Of course, Luck also gives Initiative and Lucky Strikes - so FO builds are heavily incentivized to invest in it. In the end, you'll have to choose between being optimized and being a hybrid, I'm afraid.

The way I see it, you can go one of three ways:

FO Beastranger (250 Dex, Cha, Luck)

Just as Dex has been removed from Melee/Magic calculations so has Str been removed from Ranged. Now you deal full Ranged damage with Dex alone, so if you switch all your melee weapons to ranged you have a completely viable build that's as close as possible to the playstyle you used before.

With that said... rangers, particularly FO rangers, are the build with the least options. The staff do intend to eventually give Dex something special, something to distinguish it from other builds, something it could call its own, but so far the stat revamp has been released piecemeal, postponed, and postponed again. Nobody can say when - and what - will be done about it.

A better build for beastmasters, but worse for raw damage.

FO Beastwarrior (250 Str, Cha, Luck)

Probably the best option, though what the 'beast' part means has changed quite a bit over the past few years. In addition, most old standard armors have been powercrept by more modern options; you can freely switch WKZ for paladin - its Overwhelming Light deals almost the same damage, and the sheer versatility is unmatched. Warriors don't really need Dex anymore.

Essence of Carnage and Angra Linnorm are f2p boosters that use your Cha for stats. As they do not attack they don't require any accuracy, and you can effectively play a 'pure' build despite investing in Cha. It's somewhat limiting in your choice of pets, guests, armors, and weapons, but...

This is the meta build for warriors.

FO... something (250 Str, Dex, Cha)

Honestly, I've never seen this build in action. In theory, you gain the greatest versatility, with access to all melee and ranged weapons and nearly every pet and guest in the game. You sacrifice initiative, LS damage, and some capability to inflict statuses.

Jack of (almost) all trades, master of none.

These three seem like the best options you can venture into from your current build. You can switch things up even further, try FD or invest in Int, but these three are the closest to what you already have.

Choose the one you like - or post your own preferred combination of stats - and I'll give you a full rating.
AQ DF  Post #: 4
10/16/2023 12:47:08   
taz_td88

If that’s the case then I think I will lean into the FO something build 250 Str/Dex/Cha. Thank you so much already!
AQ  Post #: 5
10/17/2023 9:20:10   
Primate Murder

Ok, let's see what I can do...

Weapons

As you have so much versatility, it's hard to say which element should be no-drop, but I'd probably go with fire. It has some good stuff, but other elements do better. P.S. Don't forget to align your Awe special to PWD!

Pike Pike is one of the few remaining hyper-offensive weapons. It deals +25% damage, take +(25/1.4)% increased damage, and as a cherry on top you use Cha in place of Luck for LS.

Haunted Dragonlord's Might restores sp based on the number of hits you make. Great synergy with werewolf's beast form.

Burden of Insight toggles to autohit, just in case you run into some high-MRM monsters.

Savage Troll Club toggles to a very low bth lean (high damage, low accuracy), which has good synergy with Mark of Wrath's The Cold whcih lowers monster's blocking.

Energy has two Harm options, you can choose which one you like most. Royal Voidrender is a vanilla 20-proc that pays sp for Harm toggle. Mighty Caissa's toggle, on the other hand, pays hp for Harm damage and sp to inflict Prismatic Burn.

Retro Golden Axe is a magical weapon - so don't use it for normal attacks! - but each time you use Paladin's Inner Light skill, this weapon will regain a ton of sp. For more standard attacks, Paladin armor compresses its own light sword.

Reaper's FSB makes it a fairly good darkness weapon, so keep it in your active inventory.

On additional note, there are two very good weapons that will return next year and that I highly recommend: Infinita Staff (february, rare GGBs) and Alchemical Unity. The former deals decreased damage to heal sp based on damage dealt; if used with weapon-based skills, you'll never lack for sp. The latter inflicts Blind based on damage dealt; again, use with weapon-based to skills (and pridelord/spotter drake) to become effectively invulnerable.

Armors

Bloodzerker and Hexbound Core are the strongest armors for fire, but both cost URs, so you can skip them for now. Torontosaurus Rex Rider deals more damage than Samukematsuri, and it deals 8 hits which makes it the favorite of many for bypassing damage caps on bosses.

Mark of Wrath has a toggle that locks your attacks to wind (with elecomp bonus to damage) and inflicts The Cold, a weapon-based nuke, and a spell-type nuke.

Moglord Tortress, Nemesis, Werewolf Transformation, Angel of Souls, and Avenger Paladin should cover the rest of the elements.

Shields

Starfish Stalwart has somesynergy with Purple Rain. To be replaced with Wyrd Ward next April.

Your Accordion Shield has insane synergy with Love Potion (+essence orb and purple rain).

Pies gives Cha drive. Nemesis and Frostval Past are also pretty nice.

Chieftain's Ironthorn comes with a Str drive.

Umazen Aspis gives +20 Paralysis potency, which has great synergy with Queen's Corgi guest.

Against undead you'll want to use Paladin's shield form lvl 1 skill. Against ligt monsters, Mana Crystal Defender gives you a small Barrier each time you use a spell-type skill like Inner Light.

Lantern of Souls to retain FSB.

In addition, if you ever find yourself with an excess of tokens, there's TropoShield in Valencia's z-token shop. At the cost of your MRM and some sp it attempts to inflict your enemy with EleVuln each time you land an earth/fire energy attack; effectively, it's 50% chance to deal +42% damage with those elements.

Spells

Though Purple Rain has been nerfed, it's still a great spell for setting up nukes and contingencies.

Essence of Carnage remains an exceptional guest. It boosts your melee/ranged attacks, and gives you Harm Backlash.

Dread and Cocytus Fiends of Nulgath (Rare GGBs both) give you dark and ice Backlash respectively. Very good for 0-turn farming set-ups.

Prototype Hunter Drone deals +50% damage and toggles between Harm and Energy.

FrankenTwilly doesn't do a lot of Healing, but he gives you +20 Status Resistance.

Bun-Banneret (when it returns to the Void) toggles to give you DefBoost. Great for blocking and dodgelash strats.

Pridelord guest returns in February with the rest of Crossover GGBs. It gives -18 Status Potency; with Spotter Drake (or another Pridelord) that's a whooping +30 to any status you attempt to inflict on the monster.

Mosquito guest (UR GGBs) deals minor damage, but recovers your hp/mp/sp based on damage dealt. The damage is minimal, but with two Mosquitoes you'll recover insane amounts of sp every turn.

Invincible Heart (also UR) is a copy of an older Frostval Rare, and it gives you 99% damage resistance for 1 round (with several turns of cooldown). You basically cancel monster damage for a round and do whatever you want.

New Year's Surprise should return to LTS around Frostval. If you get enough z-tokens from the winter donation event, a qc bth spell is very much worth a slot.

Pets

Angra Linnorm is pet version of Essence of Carnage.

Spotter Drake toggles between giving you Status Potency (and earth damage resistance) and dealing +50% damage.

Underwyrmling toggles to damage monster sp. Very useful against certain bosses.

Bun-Banneret (when it returns to the Void) gives DefBoost.

Mosquito pet, if you find yourself with a spare UR, is very much worth it for the amount of sp it heals.

Miscs

Essence Orb is a must have.

Love Potion and Shadowfeeder Pendant have insane synergy with Purple Rain. You can stack control - or celerity, if monster has Freedom - for effectively free.

Prime Chaos Orb is your first priority the moment you get a UR GGB. Its qc skill can reshuffle monster's elemental resists, and you can use it several times per turn. With enough clicks (and a bit of luck) you can make the monster vulnerable to its own element, allowing you to spam those elecomped armor skills. It's an insane misc, and something you absolutely want to grab if you get the chance.

Queen's Crown summons a Corgi guest that toggles to inflict a powerful Paralysis. To make matters better, the save is against Cha (of which monsters ususally have 0), so you effectively gain +20 bonus to save.

Goggernaut Helm gives +10 bth to every attack on the field, including your pets and guests. Note: this also affects monster attack, so don't use it with dodge strats.

Your Cracked Ornament gives +10 potency to all status effects. To be replaced with Optico if you find some spare tokens.

Hollow Dragon Amulet gives Str, Dex, Cha, and bth.

And that's pretty much it.

Hope you find the information useful, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
AQ DF  Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Returning Player Needs A Little Help
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition