Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Guide on the Inn Challenges.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable Q&A >> Guide on the Inn Challenges.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/3/2023 13:50:42   
Roxas45

Hello.
I've finally achieved level 90 on my main character, and also received the doomknight class finally.

I've been attempting inn challenges for quite some time now but some still... eluded me.

My main ones are the Egomaniacs on the floor, and the Doomcrawler (Duo) fights - Despite having the Doomknight, these fights in particular have been rough and near impossible to complete.

So I'm assuming that something is wrong with my rotation.

Till now, I've used the Technomancer, Doomknight, Dragonslayer, Riftwalker, Chaosweaver and even the SWoT and Archivist.
Limited results.

So I'm assuming that I'm making a lot of mistakes with my rotation (Especially considering that the Archivist was supposed to have made things ridiculously easy as per what I've read online elsewhere), so I'm looking for advice.
I'm in the process of upgrading my Deathknight gear (all pieces) to their level 90 counterparts - along with the titanvisage items.

Since Chaosweaver is my primary build, using for a lot of the story for some time now, the build (by default) has been as follows:
Int-200
Luck -30
End-95
Wis - 120

I keep wis quite high since classes like the Deathknight and Doomknight tend to use them a lot and (pre update) Deathknight was highly unsustainable, hence the larger pool. I've also kept it high to help with Technomancers' boosts, but I'm still not 100% sure about how that would work.

So... I'm open to suggestions.
I'm open to equipment suggestions. I dont want to spend DCs - but I AM open to doing other inn challenges to get things going till I reach this stage.

Additionally - I want to now attempt the Chaos Lords saga in the inn, and open to all suggestions for that as well. I will be checking the dragonfable endgame wiki, but I seem to not be hitting the notes that they described.

One last thing - Zeclem's keep.
The Level 90 versions of the items you get there - how do they work?
In the sense that I can upgrade my existing DK gear into those items, and then my DK bonuses would still work?
Would the stats be different? Would even the aesthetics change? I'm not seeing much of a difference, so I ask. I can usually navigate the keep with DK - but the boss hits me like an *explicitive* so I never end the quest per se.

Thank you for all the help!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
11/3/2023 16:42:04   
Dratomos
Helpful!

When playing with DoomKnight, the biggest thing to figure out is it's rotation and what mechanics it uses. DmK relies heavily on Corruption, that buffs your attacks and makes them deal greater debuffs. Endgame wiki article can give you great pointers what each skill does.

The next one to figure out are your stats and gear. Generally, high All -resistance gearset is recommended, youtube offers very good guides on what to wear.

And the stats too! For Endgame, best stats usually are 200 points in one of the mainstats (STR/DEX/INT), 200 points in END and the rest 45 to either CHA (for reducing Dragon's cooldowns) or WIS.

Using correct stat training for your Dragon is vital too! With the 200 points granted from growing your Dragon, it's best to put all 200 in Protection, for great shield (that DmK lacks) and good healing. 1 point can then be used for mischief (for a stun) and the rest of your points generally go to Fighting and either Assistance (if require +Bonus buff) or Magic (if you want more damage).

For stats generally, LUK is currently the worst one to pic. Increasing your crit in such a small sum is not the best strategy. If Mana or Health become an issue for single or duo fights, taking extra potions (gaining with Pirate or buying from Nieboheim) or food (Rotten Hardtack or Seaweed from Book 3's Drowned Fortress) will help!

As for weapon specials, I generally recommend Blade of Awe. It does it's job well until you gain more weapon specials that you can use.

As for Relic DeathKnight gear, they are simply the best DK gear you can use for DeathKnight. Stats aren't massively improved, but noticeable. Aesthetics change too. Resistances increase as well. I would recommend farming them if you plan using DK.

< Message edited by Dratomos -- 11/3/2023 17:42:14 >
DF AQW  Post #: 2
11/4/2023 2:04:14   
Roxas45

I have the rotation from the Endgame wiki, and thats why I've come close to beating the egomaniacs, but its been frustratingly difficult even then. Only one time have I come close to beating it, and when I did, I used doom on myself, forgetting Xan's shield and self KO'd. Haven't been able to replicate it since.

Corruption - DoT - Malefic Binding - Weakness - Lowering Damage/Healing (As applicable) - Multi stun - and then as and how the cooldowns come back.

Why would an All Resist Gear be more beneficial to having specific elemental resist? Again, taking egomaniacs, why all over Fire resist?

Thank you for that. I'll change the stats from Luk. I'm not too keen on lowering my wiz, since it DOES feel very much needed for both Doomknight and Deathknight but I can work around others.

Dragon's stats are in the works - But I DO have 200 in protection, and 100 in mischief, so I can get the damage boost skill. Rest of the things, I'm doing daily feeding and getting the points.

I have done a few attempts with the Int food, and the Healing food, but I found the healing to be really detrimental the way it affected my bonus to hit for some reason.

I DO have the blade of awe special equipped - I'm trying to get the levelled version now as well; Just as soon as I remember how to get access to the shop again. XP

Pirate stealing... I never thought of that! I'll give it a go. Thank you! :)

Okay. I'll give Zeclem's keep another few rounds, to get the items - but any suggestions on the boss itself? Even with Deathknight, it didn't do any major significant damage.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
11/6/2023 4:17:00   
Dratomos
Helpful!

For Egomaniacs specifically, it's better to have gear that increases your resistances to both Fire and All. What I meant was that generally it's better to have All gear, unless both bosses deal specific elemental damage (like Ice or Fire).

And lowering your WIS to 45 would be heavily recommended and putting 200 to END. DmK is a powerhouse and should be able to defeat both Xan and Vaal before mana becomes an issue. There is no need to keep your WIS high if you can't survive long enough to use them.

For weapon specials, it doesn't matter what level the weapon is, the special doesn't generally update the higher level your weapon.

I would recommend using Healing food, Rotten Hardtack does lower your bonus by 10, but Seaweed increases it by 10.

As for Zeclem, youtube should have good guides on how to beat him! And if Egomaniacs give you trouble, youtube should have guides to that as well!
DF AQW  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable Q&A >> Guide on the Inn Challenges.
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition