Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Aegis Shield Clones Outleveling Penalty

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Aegis Shield Clones Outleveling Penalty
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/2/2024 0:16:39   
Grace Xisthrith

I hope to ask a question about the radiant aegis clones (cursed crystal ward shields from mogloween, sunless heresy shields from Rubicon quest one) and their outleveling penalty, which according to this post and my testing in game, is now based on the item level compared to the monster's level.

This was also the case on the release of the cursed crystal ward shields. However, I asked a question when they came out in this thread to see if they could instead use a different model of outleveling penalty (I suggested pay SP based off player level, but I suspect comparing item level to player level would also work), and some time later, a change was made so the outleveling penalty was no longer item level compared to monster level, and it worked at full power on unbeatable level 500 monsters.

That being said, I never checked that the outleveling penalty actually worked (I never bought the low level shield), so if the outleveling penalty didn't work, I can see why it was changed back. However, I just wanted to bring this up in a QA thread so I can know for sure.

Thanks for your time :)
AQ  Post #: 1
6/2/2024 14:50:55   
CarrionSpike

Comparing what I remember from the release of the Cursed Crystal Ward shields and how they function after their recent update, I don't see any changes with regards to how the shield skill functions when facing over/underleveled monsters. However, I don't have any info on what happened in the interim. It's possible that the over/underleveling modifier was completely removed at some point (referencing your linked post) and has now been reintroduced.

More generally, I think that it makes sense for the shield skill to scale with monster level and thus monster power given that its effect is damage reduction. Of course this is just my opinion and I'm sure perfectly logical arguments could be made for either position (Player Level vs. Power Level and Power Level vs. Monster Level) as there is extensive precedent for both.
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Aegis Shield Clones Outleveling Penalty
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition