Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Old and Unsupported items query/discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Old and Unsupported items query/discussion
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/9/2024 18:31:17   
KhalJJ

Apologies if this is not appropriate for general discussion, happy for it to be moved to wherever appropriate.

I wanted to make a thread to discuss this topic, and perhaps also hear staff views/reasonings for decisions concerning old/unsupported items.

The point of this imo is to a) better understand staff decision making and b) highlight cool old items/nostalgia trip. c) discuss more widely outdated items of interest

Two items specifically have caught my attention on this recently, and I’m biased because they are old favs of mine, but highlight slightly different points imo:

1- The Dragon King’s Axe

and

2: The Protector Set

The Dragon King Axe is actually rare, outside of (1?) Z-token version of the weapon, and this is the source of my query - what was the reasoning for this originally gold item to go rare? Was it always planned to be so? It just seems confusing to me that one z-token version was left in-game, but the other levelled versions were removed - given the asset remains in-game, I don’t understand this seemingly arbitrary removal.

Caveat being, I don’t know when this went rare, I just thought it stayed available. So maybe it became rare reasonably quickly post-war? (>10yrs ago lol). Also, were they maybe updated at some point, and some versions removed form the shop at that stage?

The Protector set point is a bit different, but on a similar theme.

I recently discovered you can still purchase the old protector set armour - this was awesome! I thought it had been fully removed from the game with the updated Wyrd West gear. Sure enough, I tested it and the old functionality with the shield seemed to be there.

However, a bit more testing showed that this seemed to be a bug/mistake - all the shields above lv70, and all the other items (pet + weapon) appear to not work with the original “block” system - this makes some sense given the old item (the armour) is no longer supported, and the shield, weapon, and pet are not the original old items - they are all new versions, with new effects, and the old versions are completely unavailable in game as far as I can tell. Presumably the “skilled” earth shields of the correct level were ported from the old shields and retained this old ability to contribute to the Protector armour.

What interests me here is the (awesome) decision to keep the old Protector armour, but then to remove the other supporting items. I can see this makes some sense as the new items utilised the old assets/replaced them, in a way that the armour did not (I believe it got new art?)

I think it’d be v cool to either a) have those old versions back to enable old protector functionality or b) have the new protector items work with the mechanism of the old armour, like the under-levelled earth shield appears to.

To be clear I’m not asking for any updating to modern standards or creation of extra level tiers/versions of any of these, in this post. (Although I’m sure many would love this for DKA) (Also, clearly protector already has this)

Keen to also hear other’s thoughts on this, or any similar occurrences they have come across.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Old and Unsupported items query/discussion
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition