Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Why Only 1 ring?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Why Only 1 ring?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/3/2024 7:31:43   
FireManXTM

I'm legit curious why we can only equip only one ring... Even though we have a max of 10 fingers, I don't see why we can't work more metal on our digits. I mean I do believe that limits would have to be in place. Cuz I wouldn't want someone to have ten identical +10 All rings on at one time.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
7/3/2024 9:06:23   
Laeon val Observis

Well, you pretty much answered and undermined your own... proposition. Why bother the trouble having to impose such limiters, unless of course you want rings to fall into the same stat configurations as Bracers (the current concept of Bracer-type gear is that they will never reach the same stat boosting properties as other accessories) in the first place? Not to mention the fact that increasing inventory slots the regular way ain't cheap, regardless of the argument that you can just live off of a lean inventory on most (like, non-endgame) occasions.
DF AQW  Post #: 2
7/3/2024 13:32:03   
FireManXTM

To be honest, I only wanted to equip at least 2 at a time... For some higher-level rings with negative stats I just thought it'd be helpful to have 2 or 3 versus having to switch between them all the time
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
7/14/2024 9:44:22   
spirit of greed

Lol reminds me of the Skyrim mod where you could use 10 rings, needless to say it was one of the most downloaded mod.

Anyway another optional wearable ring/bracer does not sound like a bad idea IMO after all we have 2 hands, enemies, especially bosses did became more powerful with years and it is weird how we can just use 1 ring/bracer (i'm surprised the hero didn't mentioned it yet). I feel like another 1 would not break the game or cause any problem. Maybe collect a certain artifact to make it only possible. It would be an upgrade just like when we got a level raise, or more dragon training stat points.
DF AQW  Post #: 4
7/14/2024 21:44:01   
Laeon val Observis

Unless that limiter is DA locked, I won't dare underestimate the kind of... desperation, among other things... a player with any serious bloodlust to endgame content (by serious, operating under the context of regularly fighting solo "EX" fights or those more frequent 1 versus many confrontations which normally gives the player the merge item to get the max level form of the challenge reward) will go for to get even the slightest advantage offensively or defensively. And if I were to add a twist OP's logic on limbs, it can be just a matter of time before someone would dare ask for another Belt slot despite only having one waist (yes, it is possible to wear multiple belts that are not martial arts belts IRL).

And before this thread gets hijacked, there's that "more dragon stats plz" again. And I still remember how that was seemingly "innocently" asked to be adding 100 more points years ago. Even 100 extra dragon stat points is a major paradigm shift. Case in point, my winning run in the Lost Constellation challenge? A configuration of 200 PROT/MAG, 100 FIT/AST was redundant (the only moment that I had to use the Bonus buff of the dragon was on one of the instances the RW deployed their shield while I was only at 1 Radiance, which in the big picture of preparations I did it only for the reasoning to end the fight quicker despite being in a gamstate wherein the odds of failing the confrontation is at 0%) after just getting a grasp, not a full understanding (in this case, only getting a hint of the rotation of the bosses), of the mechanics. Picture a 200 PROT/FIT/MAG, 100 AST (or for maximum coverage for stun twister mechanics, 200 PROT/MAG, 199 FIT, 100 AST, 1 MIS as a baseline), and that will cause all sorts of changes to the balance of power.
DF AQW  Post #: 5
7/14/2024 21:45:29   
Jakau Ryuu

Feel like I've seen some fantasy settings try to handwave (ha) the ring limit as an issue of that many tiny magical items with different enchantments/misc magical properties being that close together... but one ring per hand would still make a degree of sense even if that were the case here. On the... other hand... it'd almost certainly throw off the backend numbers at first, since the game currently assumes just the one. Buuut it could potentially make for some funny dialogue if unlocked after a story arc or something.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 6
7/15/2024 2:59:46   
spirit of greed

@Laeon val Observis

I feel like 1 more accessory is really insignificant these days especially if you put it under a DA lock or balance it in some way. Bracers are pretty much almost useless anyway, they really need some Buff IMO after 8 years since they were introduced it should just better to make them into normal accessories like rings and necklaces. It's a shame they are not animated anyway. Even the Legion bracer which you get after a difficult challenge barely gives any stats. The other very few bracers almost gives no stat boost. Oh well.

Our dragon, more specifically their stats, i feel like it's a long ongoing problem which i don't know how it could be handled. Maybe with a reimagining/revamp? People keep asking for more stat points and while i understand they can't just give 100 points every year or so since it would be OP but it's so frustrating how you have 70% of your dragon's skills fully upgraded and you stuck unable to have it all. I use manual dragon pet and let me tell you it's no fun to see the same skill points blocked for more than 10 years unable to unlock them.
It's also bad how your pet dragon basically makes you stop using regular pets. Which is a optional problem i get it but it's still a problem. I stopped using regular pets yeeeeears ago since draco is just much more practical and i feel like it just makes the pet system useless. However i feel a bit guilty since many of those pets have such nice animations and special powers. Sorry for off topic.

Anyway i feel like more wearable accessories sounds like rather a good idea IMO than a problem. I feel like it should be unlockable with either a artifact or mission(s) and put under a DA lock and of course limit it to +1

@Jakau Ryuu

The hero not realizing and have to told they can wear more accessories, maybe even going overboard and trying to wear too many at once could be a funny gag not gonna lie.

@Laeon val Observis

I don't know why it being an early and not the hardest challenge have to do with any of what i just said. Yeah it's not the hardest challenge obviously but still my point was the bracer reward and in general the bracers are kind of trash nowadays. It was fun when it was something new but it's not anymore

< Message edited by spirit of greed -- 7/15/2024 5:21:47 >
DF AQW  Post #: 7
7/15/2024 5:12:17   
Laeon val Observis

quote:

Even the Legion bracer which you get after a difficult challenge barely gives any stats.

A difficult challenge for a while. There, fixed it for ya. It barely holds a candle to Primordials or even Big and Small, where challenges started to have a noticeable spike, both before and after class reimaginings got up to speed. With class reimaginings in mind, barely -if it still has any visage of being- a challenge above a story boss.

At this point, trying to go for the "elitist" stigma towards endgame players who actually dare see the possible envelopes of combat have to be drawn a line from players who are struggling to find time (like you, don't think I didn't read your certain edited post) for the game or those who are just in for the story. Why? The simplest thing that separates those kinds of players is actually gunning for the best gear. Otherwise, all those NDA and budget Inn vids are just senseless to make.

While I did allow some "hope" by imposing a limiter (seriously, the simplest limiter for that pretty much involves something that Guardians have in their resident game. Grab a hint of which on the link I provided, and combine it with something here that is almost as long as Fleshweaver in the making), it is still barely necessary. Case in point, I just redid the Constellations challenge a few hours ago (mostly out of personal curiosity, notwithstanding you most recent post here), start to finish with a victory with both aspects of DragonLord (Wrath to blitz mobs and minibosses, Bulwark for the duo boss). And...

The findings:
  • While I did chuck a Seaweed while the Ascendant was alive, there was zero need for gearswap inside the battle. Which says something compared to the WDL speedrun vid on YT for the same boss duo that required a more elaborate gearswapping mid-battle. Didn't burn through Hardtack and Cocoaberry, nor took a sip of a potion.
  • My dragon stayed at default configuration (200 PROT/FIT/MAG), further solidifying that it did not require the AST dragon that is the most concerning of "requirements" for a competent Inn build. I shan't further entertain dragon vs other pet arguments as that is a large can of worms that'll derail this thread further, unlike the first finding above and the third finding below, both of which offer room for simplicity.
  • The 200 STR/END 45 CHA config I chose prior to going to the challenge (I usually go for 130 STR/INT 100 WIS 85 END as my default so I can still have some fight outside the Inn, unless I am in the mood to Paladin or Ninja) barely fazed my WDL runs on the small fry. This also has the benefit of emphasizing that low need to suggest a save stat builds feature, which can result in the devaluing those who purchased Clyde the Stats Moglin (the save item/specials builds function of the Inventory pretty much already devalued Orb of Saving to a poor man's Armor Closet).
The conclusion: the results confirm that with, at the least, adaptability and willingness to learn instead of a combination of (a) slothfulness to stick to one class and build (both gear- and stat-wise), (b) OCD to have to train every single stat (both character's and dragon's, mind you), and (c) -if I were to take a page of a certain r/dragonfable post's words- "nostalgia speaking" under the context you are still stuck at the Books 1 and 2 days wherein the only strategy that matters is damage vomit (made pretty emphasized by the former existences that are v1 and pre-reimagined Doctor When) and deploy shield and blind when they're off CD (something old When didn't allow, thus exacerbating the damage vomit gig) thus rendering all other flair a class outside of those a waste of a non-potion turn, you can come out on top of this game.

EDIT: Let me ask you this: did you read the above paragraphs in their entirety? Maybe perhaps my final... sympathy... if you are still in a state of exhausted stupor posting, lemme get a short paragraph. Despite just one modern example, it should have given a hint why you barely need an additional equipment slot, nor your red herring towards bracers. Any "improvements" to those will only strengthen already strong players and aggravate the illusion of "newfound power" less adaptive players have been using to try to have their way in the game. In short, at best you never really moved from your place in the totem pole. At this point too there should be minimal tolerance to the "those are just small numbers" argument. Small numbers, eh? Then how did we get the limiters to our elemental resistances in the first place as one example, hmm?

< Message edited by Laeon val Observis -- 7/15/2024 6:18:21 >
DF AQW  Post #: 8
7/16/2024 5:50:37   
FireManXTM

It took me two reads to get all that.... Just saying

I don't argue that the numbers stack well for players that can work with what they got. I mean it takes a grand bit of effort for some, esspecially non-DA players that don't have access to missions, DragonCoins or premium items/gear to grind to make up the difference. After playing this game on and off for the last 18+ years.......... Holy Mother of God! I finally got to lvl 90 just last week, from lvl46 on one of my 6 characters(sad to say I know). That's all from resource grinding for merges and maxing out my Death Knight gear(Mostly so I can fight Zelcem's dungeon and Sinnocence without taking too much damage). I main Pyro & CW, so I tend to be an oddball when it concerns typical damage and strats. Still, I aim to get better All, Stun and Health resist gear(there's so few that does all three more than 5 or 10 a peice outside of the BEST OF THE BEST gear). Then, when I want stats in power, i need to sacrifice Resists or some other stat I have elsewhere...

I dont think its a lot to ask for +1 more item, in one out of six equipment slots (I dont count Bracers). Still, the fact of balance is a slippery slope, if 1 more ring is allowed whats to stop someone from make a winning arguement for 1 more bracer or dual-wielding different weapons, etc.. I dont know a lot about coding or game creation but... As a gamer I know with the limited time I have to put into this game.. I cant get far as-is.

< Message edited by FireManXTM -- 7/16/2024 5:51:23 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 9
7/16/2024 8:41:33   
Laeon val Observis

And your ad ignoratiam still runs over the small detail. Winning argument for additional slots? Don't care. As was said in 300, "Earn these shields, boys!" At the end of the day, DF is a game where you earn your might through a balance of skill and dedication. If your head is all about compensating flaws/resistances towards strategy by hiding behind gear, then really, ya ain't gonna go far with getting the best stuff. Especially if you are going to uphold your plans to be an endgame player. Believe me when I say that I earned my place in the Inn by initially taking names with Necro and pre-reimagined Pirate with barely any All resist gear (most of it was DK gear).

While I will hold reservations towards your playstyle preferences for the sake of diversity, it is equally your responsibility to accept.. nay, face... the reality that it could hold you back as much as it gives you originality. Otherwise, go to AQW where it is pretty much anything goes and mind-numbing grindfests. Wanna be a great pyro? Better cast aside your fears of low HP and fight like this dedicated pyro DFtuber. Chaosweaving? We got plenty right here.

< Message edited by Laeon val Observis -- 7/16/2024 8:45:36 >
DF AQW  Post #: 10
7/17/2024 6:29:49   
FireManXTM

not a fan of AQW... Just leave it at that...

As far as it goes for the my reasons and playstyle, my aim isn't being good... I'm not gonna get into it but I know I'm not good at these games, but I still like playing when I can.

And as far as it goes for "compensating flaws/resistances towards strategy by hiding behind gear" aint my thing either. I currently have gear still in the 60's on me and I'm now at cap. I need new gear... I just have a preference for the stats/resists, if I removed my stat prefs I'd probably be pretty okay... Not Great... but okay.

But I have fun with what I got... I'm not trying to be perfect.
The odd question of the OP only just recently came to my mind as I was hitting the Doomed Reality Bosses and I had to keep switching my gear...

< Message edited by FireManXTM -- 7/17/2024 6:30:21 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Why Only 1 ring?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition