Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ= Warwolf Prime Giftmaster Set Vote

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Warwolf Prime Giftmaster Set Vote
Page 1 of 512345>

=AQ= Warwolf Prime Giftmaster Set Vote

Dardiel's Accuracy/Beast Manipulation Set
  44% (70)
GwenMay's Hypercrit/LS Set
  43% (68)
RobynJoanne's Information-Based Set - The Hunt
  11% (18)

Total Votes : 156

(last vote on : 8/10/2024 15:00:13)
(Poll ended: 8/10/2024 15:00:00)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/19/2024 17:14:24   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

We regret to announce that due to an unusually high number of suspected alt accounts, votes from forum accounts less than 1 month old will no longer be counted. This includes the community poll that was recently launched. It's deeply concerning to see players going to such lengths to manipulate the voting results. This kind of behavior undermines the integrity of our community feedback process. As a result, we will need to wait to finalize the poll results until we can thoroughly investigate and remove any fraudulent votes.

Thank you for your understanding as we work to address this issue. We'll provide an update as soon as the verified results are available!

Vote now for the ultimate abilities for the Giftmaster's Warwolf Prime set! We've narrowed your suggestions down to three fantastic options, and now we need your help to crown a champion that will shape the upcoming Warwolf Prime set. Be sure to review our dev notes for details with links to your three voting options.

Cast your single vote, but feel free to share your full rankings in the comments. Happy voting, and choose wisely as there can only be one alpha of the pack!

Please note that you are not able to change your vote once it is cast

This poll will remain open until 3PM EST on August 8th.
An error resulted in the accidental deletion of the poll results! We've restored it using our earliest backup from August 3rd. To compensate for the two-day rollback, we've extended the poll's deadline to 3PM EST on Saturday, August 10th.

quote:

Dev Notes for Dardiel's Accuracy/Beast Manipulation Set:
While complex, this is a very interesting set that would provide a chance to set new standards to finally fix the long-standing issue of charge mechanics feeling unrewarding unless overcompensated for in design. However, due to its mechanical complexity, it does enough that we have some notes to communicate on how the set would have to deviate from the suggestion:

• At the time being, Ferocious Strikes are coded to have a fixed x2 output and require CHA. Some minor system work would be required to adjust this.
  • +100% Ferocious Strike rate is a threshold we're very wary of.
  • We're wary of proliferating more triple mode items. This isn't a hard no, but it's one of those things that would slow down releases and result in fewer cool things being released due to taking longer to make them.
  • PCF being balanced around it dividing the bonuses based on how many PCF items have their Integration active This gives a lot of potential to get something hugely powered up if you use multiple items to charge it within a fight, and then condense the bonus into a single item. One way in which we could address this would be to cap how high the bonus for an individual item can be.

Weapon: Weapons need to be capped at +/-10 BtH.

Misc: As well as the above note on triple compression, the 2nd option spending HP/MP/SP takes up the MC effect. In addition, we've been moving away from damage-scaling effects over time, this would need to have a X% Meleevalue.

Pet: Highlighting component of a broader set issue through which penalties that pay for effects occur on a miss, while the set trivializes accuracy.

Shield: Rather than give the EleShield at the start of turn, it would likely be better to have it applied on the first attempted hit, or at the end of the player turn if no hit was attempted.

Armor: This has such a heavy amount of compression that it raises concerns for development time and compression standards. It reaches a point that would make it difficult to implement everything even before bringing up the concerns for future expectations, so we would have to focus on the parts most important to the idea. As a last note, the pet damage bonus would have to be lower than expected, and penalties that the set trivializes may need a second look, particularly when a mode funnels the bonuses to the player.

• quote:

Dev Notes for GwenMay's Hypercrit/LS Set:
    We'd be remiss not to include a large collaboration set that has garnered this much support, but must unfortunately include the caveat that most of it cannot be implemented as suggested. At its core, this is because it revolves around mechanics that are subject to updates at a time when we are too overloaded to predict when we'll be able to revise them. That makes it very tricky to apply this concept in a way that won't be invalidated or left pending a revamp at the uncertain time in the future when this mechanic changes. To cover other specific details:

Lucky Strikes and Hypercrit are currently slated for revision. This is partly due to inconsistent values that need to be consolidated. Additionally, they're based on multiplicative bonuses that make it too easy to guarantee critical strikes with minimal setup. The setup-to-output ratio is virtually all output, making it very unbalanced. It would be very difficult to maintain this idea's identity without having to perform all the work for this revision before or in time with this set, at which point the values themselves would still be different.

Misc: In lacking an elemental component; it'd need either Fire resistance or a non-elemental penalty. Healing based on outgoing damage is already something we're moving away from, and would need an alternative approach. Healing on outgoing crit and multiplying this value by 10, on a set that can guarantee crits, is also something we cannot implement.

Shield: We have not created a LUK drive shield because it would invalidate all stat potency shields. This set's shield is not only a LUK drive, but an effect we specifically moved away from retaining on Ironthorn. We would need to do something completely different.

With nearly the entirety of the set needing to be reworked to make it through, we feel it important to inform players about implementing the closest manageable version with the caveat that it could be impacted by future changes.

quote:

Dev Notes for RobynJoanne's Information-Based Set - The Hunt:
    This is a set that would require a lot of work, and we would have to call in some reinforcements for UI features, but the necessary improvements to the UI (A new status display/stat card) could be a huge boon to the game. So while the complexity and workload are both serious concerns, a week in which Ianthe and Kamui work on these items while we get help overhauling the status UI would serve as both a reward to the Giftmasters and an advancement on upcoming QoL revamps that improves the game for everyone.

Some of the bonuses run too high for comfort and would need to be toned down. Ie. triple compression on every item would be a concern. Question from Kamui on that: It seems Tracker should be active at all times and you just swap between Analyst and Striker, no?

Weapon: We've shifted to having DefLoss not require a hit to attempt, and this item's whole setup seems to be perm DefLoss per turn and you can take bonus damage and apply up to a -20 BtH lean to get even more damage. We're iffy on this much bonus damage being sourced from a single piece of equipment.

Shield: Getting -26 to all elements feels OP in general, and for the cost required. We could potentially have it either charge a greater amount per element, or weaken the resistance per element applied, like two elements becomes -24 to both, three elements becomes -20 to all three, etc, though we'd be wary of this still being a bit much while deviating from the idea.

Armor: Shield elecomp is not an available option. We have concerns about both +50% damage and element seeking, and would need to tone that down.

Pet: +100% Damage dealt would have to be toned down.

< Message edited by The Hollow -- 8/8/2024 12:52:57 >
    AQ  Post #: 1
    7/19/2024 18:32:48   
    Branl

How feasible would a rolling poll be "wherein you strike the least popular set, then run another poll with the remaining two suggestions?
    Probably the best way to handle "ranked choice", given the functionality of polls on the forums.
    AQ DF  Post #: 2
    7/19/2024 18:59:57   
    Weeum

Throwing in for Joanne's set largely because I like the implication of the rider clause the most.

AQ AQW  Post #: 3
    7/19/2024 21:14:25   
    1stClassGenesis

I don’t think RobynJoanne would mind the slightest if their set’s release got pushed back in light of the amount of work it would require. I dare say the wider player base wouldn’t, either.
    Post #: 4
    7/20/2024 1:08:56   
    Korriban Gaming
    Banned

I appreciate the transparency, <snipped>I don't foresee us coming even close to that 30m target set. Just my 2 cents

Snipped. ~Anim

< Message edited by AnimalKing -- 7/29/2024 8:33:12 >
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 5
    7/20/2024 1:17:47   
      Lorekeeper
    And Pun-isher

A set doesn't need to break balance to rise above the status of mediocrity. As we've explained many times, the rules still apply to premium gear, and an item can be incredibly strong without needing to cause extreme issues for the game.
    Post #: 6
    7/20/2024 1:41:19   
    Dardiel

For what it's worth I don't think mine is getting nerfed really; there's confirmation that charges (a weak mechanic) can get looked at, and then just a few little notes (like weapon accuracy lean limits, and when the shield elevuln would kick in). The armor does have notes about its compression but the general vibes I had from people is that they didn't care about the compression anyway.

Just wanted to make this comment because Gwen's set coming with the "this is not a suggestion we can really do" note doesn’t mean that every poll option is going to come out differently than proposed; if anything I'm amazed at how much is in my set that DIDN'T get a note about being unrealistic.
    Post #: 7
    7/20/2024 1:48:41   
    Korriban Gaming
    Banned

<Snipped>
    I hope that whichever set wins, we'll get another chance to come together to rework the winning set to something that people actually want. In my opinion, based off the feedback provided by Hollow, all 3 sets are not gonna turn out great and is probably not something that the original idea proposers had in mind.

I understand the rules still apply to premium gear but alot of flexibility has always been exercised when it comes to dono stuff and I hope we can keep that. Not by breaking the rules directly, but by circumventing it in different ways like we've done before. This is why dono sets are highly sought after.

Looking at the bigger picture, 2-3 new issues isn't making any difference when you have a 100 unsolved ones but that's a argument for another day.

Like I mentioned earlier, the transparency this year is great and I hope for it to continue.

<Snipped. ~Anim>

< Message edited by AnimalKing -- 7/29/2024 8:35:24 >
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 8
    7/20/2024 5:51:21   
    ming shuen

Hi. Just a reminder to everyone that RobynJoanne's set has a Spellcaster Lean. I didn't notice it initially, but do consider voting for it if you would like to improve the game and see more SC options.

quote:

This is a set that would require a lot of work, and we would have to call in some reinforcements for UI features, but the necessary improvements to the UI (A new status display/stat card) could be a huge boon to the game. So while the complexity and workload are both serious concerns, a week in which Ianthe and Kamui work on these items while we get help overhauling the status UI would serve as both a reward to the Giftmasters and an advancement on upcoming QoL revamps that improves the game for everyone.

quote:

Armor: Element [FD Armor. Starts out dismounted. Mounts as Striker.
    Flavor Effect:
    Tracker: When a Status Roll is used to attempt to apply a Status Effect, record the inherent save bonus and stats used for both sides. This information is added to the status roll of the side that attempted to apply the Status Effect.
    Analyst: Deal -10% damage to gain +5 Generic Status Potency/Resistance.
    Striker:[ If holding a Magic Weapon, shift to spellcaster lean. Pay HP per turn to add +35 to a stat that was recorded as a stat used on the Player side of a Status Roll. Up to two stats can be boosted. Priority is Player-attempted Status Roll stats, and if there are still too many possible stats, Str/Dex>Int>Cha is used. If a stat was used for both Player-attempted Status Rolls and Monster-attempted Status Rolls, that stat is boosted to +50 instead.

< Message edited by ming shuen -- 7/20/2024 5:59:47 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 9
    7/20/2024 6:09:50   
    CH4OT1C!

@ming shuen: As this armour would only be accessible to 50 players, it will barely contribute to the accessibility of Spellcaster Lean.

It is wonderful to see the transparency regarding planned fixes/changes. We wouldn't have received such an important warning about the potential risks of choosing a set in previous years. Moreover, this information provides really important insight into future staff plans (I'm rather glad I don't need to write that hypercrit GBI) EDIT: On second thought, I've been convinced otherwise.

As for the decision, I maintain neutrality. I only hope that players take all the available information into account when placing their votes, and that the outcome (and all of its attached caveats) is respected.

< Message edited by CH4OT1C! -- 7/20/2024 13:44:36 >

AQ  Post #: 10
    7/20/2024 6:25:27   
    ming shuen

@CH4OTIC!

Don't we only have like 500 monthly players? If 10% of the playerbase gets a new SC lean armour to play with, that's a huge win. Also, RobynJoanne's set serves as an advancement on upcoming QoL revamps, so it basically helps everyone - even those unable to get the armour
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 11
    7/20/2024 6:50:51   
    RobynJoanne

I agree with Dardiel regarding his set and mine as well. I'm similarly surprised by how few changes the devs have in mind for the effects. When I designed my set, I paid the least amount of attention to the numbers because I knew the devs would have the final say on the exact output. My primary goal was to create something that could provide useful information for players with hopefully QoL improvements along with it. Seeing the devs' feedback that we could get a UI improvements along with the set makes me far more excited for the potential implementation of the suggestion than I would be if the original numbers were kept but without any UI improvements.

Now, I'll comment on the specific concerns the devs had.
    In response to Kamui's question about keeping Tracker at all times while swapping between Analyst and Striker:
    My intent for the set was for it to have different phases of sorts. Tracker would be the intelligence-gathering phase where players record information about the Player, the Pet, and the Monster. This would be followed by the analysis phase where players use the information gathered to gain buffs or apply debuffs to "prepare" for the hunt. Finally, Striker is the act of hunting itself. These phases aren't completely strict because, sometimes, a hunt may have unforeseen variables that may require "going back to the drawing board" before continuing the hunt.
    I have nothing against making Tracker active at all times. If anything, it'd be a massive buff to the other modes. I just thought it wasn't possible.

Weapon: I am fully on board with reducing the amount of damage the Weapon can deal. I'd prefer if the BtH-lean were kept instead of the increased damage intake.
    Shield: Charging more resources would be fine. I was stealing from Lost Talon anyway, and the devs chose those numbers. I fully understand the concerns the devs have about doing too much. Originally, I had EleShield in mind, but my problem with that was that an EleShield on a Shield would have no penalty if it were an All EleShield instead, and I really wanted to keep the idea of it protecting against recorded Elements without deliberately making the item weaker.
    Armor: The Shield EleComp thing was me having a bit of fun with the concept of Daimyo Rider and its many restrictions to gain EleComp. It's not important. Between damage increase and EleSeeking, I consider EleSeeking more important since it similarly fits into the theme of recording information (even though the set never records attack Element because I thought that was unnecessary).
    Pet: +100% damage only exists on Nugget, besides Eater Pets. It was always a long shot, and the specific number is unimportant for the Pet's identity.

Finally, I would like to ask regarding the poll itself. From what I've seen from other people, no one knows how to change their vote after placing it. Is it possible for there to be a clarification regarding that?
    A first-preference plurality voting system is a highly flawed system that wastes all the votes given to the third-place suggestion, usually resulting in strategic voting instead of voters picking their actual favorite choice. I want to know if the devs could reconsider the way the poll is done so that it can more accurately represent the voters' preferences.
    Post #: 12
    7/20/2024 7:17:29   
    Sapphire

I have concerns about the way the dev notes were put forth. It feels like the words chosen when compared collectively, are unintentionally pushing the voting away from one specific set and towards another specific set. I get the transparency in some ways is appreciated, but I think it doesn't feel neutral...this assumes people are actually reading the dev notes prior to voting...and that might be a huge assumption on my part lol

In addition, I have concerns that the dev notes on one particular set has left it's ideas in limbo. Literally saying "we cant do this" and "this idea has been slated for a nerf" and "we're moving away from this idea and "we wont do this affect on this item category for this reason" all in one set of dev notes effectively causes the set to be ineligible for consideration in my mind, and I feel as though anyone who votes for it are doing so in a blind manner.

You might as well be blindfolded, swinging at a Pinata if you do. And if for some reason that set still wins, I don't forsee myself attempting to "go for it" in terms of token donos if literally every idea on the set is obliterated.

I even call into question even having it as an option...

Oh, and the thing that's slated for a review ..I'd approach the issue delicately, while still addressing what needs to be addressed. I get it needs looked at, but a draconian approach won't go over well.

< Message edited by Sapphire -- 7/20/2024 7:20:57 >
    Post #: 13
    7/20/2024 7:23:55   
    Branl

quote:

Players voting with their wallets will determine whether or not the set is mediocre. We can let the results speak for themselves at the end of the contest.

Now, of course I don't think anyone wishes to go down this route so I hope that whichever set wins, we'll get another chance to come together to rework the winning set to something that people actually want. In my opinion, based off the feedback provided by Hollow, all 3 sets are not gonna turn out great and is probably not something that the original idea proposers had in mind.

I understand the rules still apply to premium gear but alot of flexibility has always been exercised when it comes to dono stuff and I hope we can keep that. Not by breaking the rules directly, but by circumventing it in different ways like we've done before. This is why dono sets are highly sought after.

Looking at the bigger picture, 2-3 new issues isn't making any difference when you have a 100 unsolved ones but that's a argument for another day.

Like I mentioned earlier, the transparency this year is great and I hope for it to continue but the dono set is starting to look alot like this

"let's suggest a powerful set we want and are willing to spend $$$ on"
    to
    "let's spend $$$ and vote on what mechanic we should relook at next"

Honestly, not as much as you'd think.
    Probably the biggest example would be Frostwyrm recycling many of the most problematic aspects of the Doomlight armor, but they don't usually design donation stuff with the idea that there's any more or less leeway when it comes to designing items around them.
    It has been stated that we should be looking at favored mechanics and ideas rather than any specific implementation making it, even if they'd make the effort to retain functionality as suggested when possible. This doesn't mean that the effects won't be "powerful" or "desirable" if they don't make it in as is.
    AQ DF  Post #: 14
    7/20/2024 10:58:47   
    Korriban Gaming
    Banned

quote:

A first-preference plurality voting system is a highly flawed system that wastes all the votes given to the third-place suggestion, usually resulting in strategic voting instead of voters picking their actual favorite choice.

Hmm I disagree with this. If you're confident in your set winning, this shouldn't be an issue at all. If the staff are looking to implement just 1 set then I think they'd need a clear-cut answer on which one the most preferred set is rather than "I like this one, but I like that one also, just a bit less etc"

quote:

I have concerns about the way the dev notes were put forth. It feels like the words chosen when compared collectively, are unintentionally pushing the voting away from one specific set and towards another specific set. I get the transparency in some ways is appreciated, but I think it doesn't feel neutral...this assumes people are actually reading the dev notes prior to voting...and that might be a huge assumption on my part lol

In addition, I have concerns that the dev notes on one particular set has left it's ideas in limbo. Literally saying "we cant do this" and "this idea has been slated for a nerf" and "we're moving away from this idea and "we wont do this affect on this item category for this reason" all in one set of dev notes effectively causes the set to be ineligible for consideration in my mind, and I feel as though anyone who votes for it are doing so in a blind manner.

You might as well be blindfolded, swinging at a Pinata if you do. And if for some reason that set still wins, I don't forsee myself attempting to "go for it" in terms of token donos if literally every idea on the set is obliterated.

I even call into question even having it as an option...

Oh, and the thing that's slated for a review ..I'd approach the issue delicately, while still addressing what needs to be addressed. I get it needs looked at, but a draconian approach won't go over well.

Lol I actually didn't notice this at first glance but after going back to read it, I'm inclined to agree. I think the wording from staff could be abit more neutral regarding the feasibility of each set. This being said, I also recognize the difficulties between being 100% upfront and transparent while remaining as neutral as possible for all ideas put forth. In which case I will circle back to my initial point that while rules don't need to be broken directly, we can be flexible with how we implement them. This is after all, a set by the players for the players.

quote:

Probably the biggest example would be Frostwyrm recycling many of the most problematic aspects of the Doomlight armor, but they don't usually design donation stuff with the idea that there's any more or less leeway when it comes to designing items around them.

I'm not quite understanding you here. I don't own Frostwyrm but I know for a fact that it's very similar to Doomlight and I'm pretty confident Doomlight is the most popular (and quite possibly the best) $100 package. A pretty stellar example of what an expensive item should be if they want it to sell

quote:

This doesn't mean that the effects won't be "powerful" or "desirable" if they don't make it in as is.

This remains to be seen but I hope there will be a second round of discussion for the winning set so that the idea proposer and the people who supported the set end up getting what they want
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 15
    7/20/2024 11:04:14   
      Lorekeeper
    And Pun-isher

quote:

Finally, I would like to ask regarding the poll itself. From what I've seen from other people, no one knows how to change their vote after placing it. Is it possible for there to be a clarification regarding that?
    A first-preference plurality voting system is a highly flawed system that wastes all the votes given to the third-place suggestion, usually resulting in strategic voting instead of voters picking their actual favorite choice. I want to know if the devs could reconsider the way the poll is done so that it can more accurately represent the voters' preferences.

I don't think it's possible to change one's vote, and although we understand concerns about the flaws of a system where first place can go to something only a minority of voters support winning or votes past second place not mattering, the forums don't support that option. I think the only way we could do something like that through the thread systems would be voting in stages, such as polls that eliminate the last place and then reopen for another period. Other than that, one way to handle that would be managing a future ranked poll manually by having everyone post a list and then doing a manual sequence of re-tallies that eliminates each last place, then posting the process for transparency. I'll ask about this.

Edit: There isn't a split of neutrality when it comes to the wording for feasibility of implementation. There is a split of feasibility of implementation in the sets themselves, and we tried to be as gentle as possible while still conveying that there unfortunately some suggestions we outright cannot implement. Not as a matter of soft boundaries that can be relaxed over time or circumvented, but as the breakdowns explain, outright limits and entire mechanics that we cannot keep as they currently are.

There's certainly room for follow-up communication. However, please remember that Hollow stressed that voting should take place based on the general theme and ideas, and not be contingent on ideas being implemented exactly as suggested.

< Message edited by Lorekeeper -- 7/20/2024 11:41:56 >
    Post #: 16
    7/20/2024 11:57:24   
    Sapphire

All of that to me is nullified when one of the options that players have to decide on contain so many "we can't do that" to the point one has to ask, then what can it do?

If we keep the theme, then all we can say is we have a set that's a Theme and the specifics on that option are in a much greater amount of ambiguity than the others. We have essentially two options with a fair amount of understanding on how they'll look with some minor alterations/nerfs and a third with a near blank slate outside theme.

It's almost as if the "player suggestion" part for that one set was removed. I don't see how anyone would vote for the unknown, but that's just me.
    Post #: 17
    7/20/2024 12:06:38   
    Aura Knight

I don't think a set given to a few people should offer a super unique benefit which makes hypercrit the least troublesome idea offered. Anyone can benefit and outside of the set there's ways to benefit from it too. The other two hopefully inspire future items.

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 18
    7/20/2024 14:31:53   
    KhalJJ

Firstly thanks to the staff for their work in selecting suggestions and providing some helpful guidance on what is and isn’t feasible. This transparency and dialogue with the player base is hugely appreciated.

I haven’t yet voted, and to help me decide, I’m going to give a rundown of my thoughts on each set and post them here, hopefully they’re helpful to some:

Set 1: Dardiel’s PCF:

TLDR: Pretty complex, but ultimately an interesting charge system that can be funnelled into individual items for large effects or spread across the whole set. Beastmaster/Player buff armour, extra defensive shield and weapon, has a perma defloss effect, and a 10/10 misc that if implemented (small? risk of this not, as per dev notes), can give heals, pet celerity, and berserk.

Personal rating: 8/10 - I love the intricacy, I love the BeastMaster focus that switches to player buffs, but The weapon doesn’t do an awful lot for me. The misc is the real winner for me here, it is 10/10 (I’m biased given I probably won’t get the armor also)

Trying to be subjective rating: 7/10 - maybe some do not like the intricacy, and some do not like defloss it seems, but the set does much more than just this, I think it has been under-appreciated defensively. I think it’d be a useful, fun set, and more, the charge mechanic is unique, very cool.

Set 2: Gwen, Hypercrit:

TLDR: Hypercrit, hypercrit, and more hypercrit! If you like lucky strike gameplay, this set may be for you. Also, resurrecting an old mechanic in the armour(disarm), but with some serious caveats and large unknowns in this, and elsewhere, particularly in the shield (dev notes say this will completely change!) - this could be good or bad depending on your perspective I guess. Misc will likely heal on Lucky Strike (cool new mechanic), just not 10x the damage as suggested. Hard to properly judge given lack of more concrete info.

Personal rating: 6/10 - I’m put off by the possible changes, I don’t like voting for the unknown, and I’m also not a fan of the weapon mechanic as is, so personally I’m not feeling it. I do like hypercrit, so I’d be keen to see how this plays out. I also really like the concept of the misc.

Trying to be subjective rating: 7/10? Hypercritical is much loved, but the possible changes and unknown are still a gamble. That said, input to hypercrit changes is going to be interesting/valuable. I think overall, it would be a cool set, regardless of potential changes.

Set 3: RobynJoanne, The Hunt:

TLDR: Wow. Do you like information? Adaptive uber compression, you could probably run just this with potential omni-elemental defence and offence. Very thematic, SC lean snuck in too.

Personal rating: 8/10. I liked a lot of Joanne's sets and this one was the one I thought might just be too complex. Figures! I like the SC lean, I like the pet, I like the adaptability. It’s just pretty cool.

Trying to be subjective rating: 7/10 - are people put off by the complexity? I suspect so. +1 though for SC lean, although this is not an accessible armor so, idk on that. What an awesome set though, there has been nothing like this and as the devnotes state, would likely cause some cool UI improvements.

< Message edited by KhalJJ -- 7/22/2024 3:37:47 >
    Post #: 19
    7/21/2024 3:30:50   
      Ward_Point
    Armchair Archivist

Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Instead of taking transparency in good faith, some are viewing the Dev notes as bias.

It has been made clear year over year, both in action and deed, that ideas would be taken from the community. Devs will try to balance these ideas while retaining the spirit of the original idea.

Please do not make further statements in bad faith.
    AQ  Post #: 20
    7/21/2024 16:03:15   
    Grace Xisthrith

I would like to also advocate for a ranked choice voting like system, as other people on the forums have. I think this could be accomplished relatively easily by having a set of three polls:
    Dardiel vs Gwen
    Dardiel vs RobynJeanne
    Gwen vs RobynJeanne

These polls could be located here, or in another linked thread to remove clutter, but essentially it would be a vote in two time stages. Each poll would represent, if these two sets were to come first and second, which would you prefer. I imagine you could even run those three polls at the same time as this one, so that there wouldn't be any additional time taken up by them.
    There may be problems with this model, I haven't given it too much thought. But essentially, this poll in the first post would determine first and second, and then these secondary polls would determine first place, the poll with the two winners determining which wins of those two.
    AQ  Post #: 21
    7/21/2024 23:25:03   
    GwenMay

Thank you to all the players who have supported my set, both in the suggestion stage and the poll. For players still making up their mind, and perhaps concerned with some of the comments staff made on my post, here is why you should vote for mine:

1. Hypercritical/lucky strike is a fun, powerful, and engaging playstyle. Everyone enjoys seeing big numbers, and hitting a lucky strike (or critical in other games) always feels cool. Even now, after playing this game for 16 years, I still get that giddy, special feeling whenever I see those green numbers and the four leaf clover. An entire stat is dedicated to supporting lucky strikes (among other things), and more players can enjoy that stat with the stat revamp removing the need for DEX. For these reasons, lucky strikes/hypercritical are also very popular with the playerbase.

2. Despite this, lucky strikes are relatively unsupported compared to CHA support or even (with healing, barriers, and backlash, among others) END support. While there is some truly excellent lucky strike/hypercritical gear, these items are far and few between compared to items for the other support stats. This is likely due to the slated revisions to hypercritical and lucky strike staff mentioned in their comments. Supporting my set will signal to staff the popularity of lucky strikes and hypercritical, and hopefully lead to revisions which will allow more lucky strike/hypercritical gear to be made in the future. Moreover, the summer donation usually leads to high engagement from the playerbase, making this the best time for players and staff to engage in a thoughtful conversation on how best to revamp lucky strike and hypercritical.

3. As staff indicated in their post, my suggestion was based on current lucky strike/hypercritical standards and so may not be implemented exactly as I suggested. However, this suggestion process has always been about selecting the theme for the suggestion set, not the specifics. While its certainly fun to theorycraft and offer suggestions, staff will always have ultimate control over item releases. It seems pretty clear from the dev notes that all of the suggestions will be changed if selected.I am absolutely certain staff will make an excellent lucky strike/hypercritical set should my suggestion be selected. If you enjoy hypercritical/lucky strikes, you should vote for my set - simple as that. And if my set wins, I will start a suggestion thread (whether official or unofficial) after the poll closes to solicit ideas from the playerbase about how best to address staff concerns about my set.

4. While Dardiel and RobynJeanne offered some great suggestions, there are many beastmaster sets and many grabbag buff/debuff sets. Both of their sets will take significant time to make, and require fundamental game changes. If staff will have to make adjustments no matter who wins, I believe it best to adjust a popular and underrepresented playstyle that will unlock more support for lucky strikes/hypercritical in future releases.

At the end of the day, you should vote for what theme you want. No matter which suggestion wins, I am sure staff will do an excellent job. If you have any questions about my set, or want to discuss the suggestions further, please feel free to message me on the forum or elsewhere, or to comment on this post :)
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 22
    7/22/2024 2:43:20   
    Aura Knight

Combine the ideas. There's surely a way to do that.
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 23
    7/22/2024 10:53:31   
      Lorekeeper
    And Pun-isher

We can't really do that without effectively giving no one what they wanted.
    Post #: 24
    7/22/2024 11:14:08   
    Dardiel

Looks like it's politics time, I'll try to keep my points short

To start, I think Gwen makes a lot of points that are misleading and I'd like to focus on the ones I think are most in need of correction:
    - Saying that lucky strike support is less than CHA/END support is like saying that there's fewer Star Wars movies than Horror movies; I would sure HOPE that a single mechanic attached to a stat isn't getting more support than an entire stat and every mechanic attached to it.
    - In the same vein, saying that there's less support for Full Offense Hypercrit sets than there is for Beastmaster sets is basically the same as above; one set is supporting a specific mechanic within a stat and a specific damage lean within that mechanic, the other is supporting a stat. Not only that but "supporting a stat" is extra specific because the shield and weapon are both entirely functional for everybody. Once again I would definitely hope that "FO hypercrit users" have less item support than "players with CHA"
    - It seems misleading to say the set attached to my name would take significant time. Most of the dev feedback on the set was that its high compression might be pulled back, and the items are very easy to reduce complexity for (in almost all cases, just remove one of the toggles); this being in comparison to a set that the designer herself thinks would need BOTH a second design period to compensate for "nearly the entirety of the set needing to be reworked" on top of a "thoughtful conversation" that will explicitly require dev time to compensate for the extra dev time from the suggestion being something the devs explicitly say "cannot be implemented" and can very well be either "invalidated or left requiring a revamp" (ie taking even more dev time unless it's more practical to let the gear be useless).
    - Saying that any winner would be adjusted should also feel a bit silly/misleading with the above context; there's a difference between "we might trim a bit here be there" and "there is virtually no aspect that can reasonably expect to go without major changes"

And to advertise my own set, I would advertise:
    - Diversity: There has never been a donation set that rewards CHA investment beyond "a pet exists", and this set still has a lot of non-CHA support including spellcaster support. Every donation set before this year has been FO with a focus on dealing damage and an afterthought of FD; the hypercrit suggestion is entirely FO with no consideration for other playstyles or much benefit for players that don't have LUK or that don't care about hypercrit specifically.
    - Reliability: Dev feedback was extremely forgiving to this set; it has a lot of options and they might cut back on exactly how many things it can do, but the core mechanic is virtually untouched as are the core mechanics of basically every item in the set. This set is the most likely to turn out the way it was written, you're not voting for the chance of a second round of design to try and have a better guess about how a rework might turn out.
    - Improvements: Staff were clear that this set would also be able to serve as a chance to fix charge mechanics. A huge amount of design space would be opened up by that.
    Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Warwolf Prime Giftmaster Set Vote
    Page 1 of 512345>
    Jump to:

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition