Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Warwolf Prime Giftmaster Set Vote

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Warwolf Prime Giftmaster Set Vote
Page 4 of 5<12345>

=AQ= Warwolf Prime Giftmaster Set Vote

Dardiel's Accuracy/Beast Manipulation Set
  44% (70)
GwenMay's Hypercrit/LS Set
  43% (68)
RobynJoanne's Information-Based Set - The Hunt
  11% (18)

Total Votes : 156

(last vote on : 8/10/2024 15:00:13)
(Poll ended: 8/10/2024 15:00:00)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/1/2024 1:00:21   
Dardiel

Hopefully this is a productive question - is there a reason why top 25 makes only the armor color custom? I feel like it'd be a bit weird to get a really cool color scheme for your armor and then none of the other items match it anymore.

That's a great question, that I don't think has come up. For this time around, I'm not sure, regarding the timings and availability, but I can certainly find out.~Anim

< Message edited by AnimalKing -- 8/2/2024 9:45:36 >
Post #: 76
8/1/2024 1:08:35   
ming shuen

quote:

Hopefully this is a productive question - is there a reason why top 25 makes only the armor color custom? I feel like it'd be a bit weird to get a really cool color scheme for your armor and then none of the other items match it anymore

Seconded. That's a really good question. Feel like all the pieces should be color custom
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 77
8/1/2024 15:27:28   
Sapphire

Color custom IMO is not a great reason to spend all those extra tokens. MAYBE if each CC armor had their own unique CC and didn't share the same CC code, it might be a little more worth it. I can make my CC Pally armor look great, but in other armors that color scheme looks horrible. It's a gimmick, at best.

A better motivation for top 25 over top 50 IMO should be something else. For example, maybe you have FSB 1 with the 26-50 armor and FSB2 for the 1-25 armor where FSB 2 , while still valued the same, is better synergy or w/e. Or even create a second MC bonus for the top 25 armor. It's just a hand waved 5%. IMo, not something of a big deal. That would be two examples of something I'd rather spend my tokens going for than CC considering the current CC system.
Post #: 78
8/2/2024 12:31:18   
Dardiel

Thanks for the update Anim, I'd been considering going for top 5 this year and largely been put off by the "waste" of top 25 being an item that I wouldn't use.
Post #: 79
8/2/2024 21:50:36   
jkor

goodluck
Post #: 80
8/3/2024 10:30:46   
GodJank

I don't know if it's possible to remove votes, but I'd like to remove mine from the Dardiel set, as Zerxes was soliciting poll votes via Discord DMs to various users in Gogg's Tavern. In hindsight, I didn't really think too much about it. But seeing as he's been asking several people despite being told not to do so, I'd like to have my vote be rescinded, if possible.
Post #: 81
8/3/2024 12:02:57   
ming shuen

@Branl, @Rabastan

Apologies for the late response. Wanted to gather my thoughts and observe the situation for a few more days. Here’s my thoughts on the poll and your posts.

The reason why I wanted a hidden vote in a FPTP model is to avoid excessive tensions. Constantly seeing the poll results has led to escalation of rivalries. Soliciting for votes is perfectly fine (though tiring), but we recently had a campaigner denouncing their counterparty as the bad guys and getting non-AQ players to vote. We had neutral parties getting dragged into this verbal sparring matches. Players had been blamed for the action of others, caught in the crossfire, just by mere association. Even when there are attempts at peace-making, quibbling over semantics ensues. It’s getting a bit too much to handle. We don’t have many players in the first place, and we should all try to get along.

As for why hidden votes would result in more token donations, uncertainty has always been a source of value. I.E., Options Valuations in Finance. If the result is hidden until the entire donation is over – and 2 favoured sets have 50-50 odds of winning, or perhaps even odds of 40-60, more whales will be donating “just in case”. We had way more tokens in circulation last year. This year, players have been abstaining, and many likely won’t donate much, or at all, if their preferred set does not win. It’s good for the budget conscious buyer, useful for the campaigner, but suboptimal for the game.

Anyway, much of my thoughts are based on a FPTP system. I am aware that Lore keeper had suggested a ranked system to Rhubarb for the contest’s next iteration. Still, I hope it is implemented in a way that have people donating more, not less.

(I.E., Idea Submission -> Donation Period -> Ranked Poll with Visible Results -> Set Distribution)

Still, that's just an idea for next year

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 82
8/3/2024 12:24:10   
Branl

quote:

Apologies for the late response. Wanted to gather my thoughts and observe the situation for a few more days. Here’s my thoughts on the poll and your posts.

The reason why I wanted a hidden vote in a FPTP model is to avoid excessive tensions. Constantly seeing the poll results has led to escalation of rivalries. Soliciting for votes is perfectly fine (though tiring), but we recently had a campaigner denouncing their counterparty as the bad guys and getting non-AQ players to vote. We had neutral parties getting dragged into this verbal sparring matches. Players had been blamed for the action of others, caught in the crossfire, just by mere association. Even when there are attempts at peace-making, quibbling over semantics ensues. It’s getting a bit too much to handle. We don’t have many players in the first place, and we should all try to get along.

As for why hidden votes would result in more token donations, uncertainty has always been a source of value. I.E., Options Valuations in Finance. If the result is hidden until the entire donation is over – and 2 favoured sets have 50-50 odds of winning, or perhaps even odds of 40-60, more whales will be donating “just in case”. We had way more tokens in circulation last year. This year, players have been abstaining, and many likely won’t donate much, or at all, if their preferred set does not win. It’s good for the budget conscious buyer, useful for the campaigner, but suboptimal for the game.

Anyway, much of my thoughts are based on a FPTP system. I am aware that Lore keeper had suggested a ranked system to Rhubarb for the contest’s next iteration. Still, I hope it is implemented in a way that have people donating more, not less.

(I.E., Idea Submission -> Donation Period -> Ranked Poll with Visible Results -> Set Distribution)

Still, that's just an idea for next year

I don't think not being able to see poll results would actually improve things. It'd make people that much more nervous, since they can't even be confident in a lead, they have to constantly campaign as if they're always on the precipice of defeat. As much as I sympathize with a desire to end tensions, I just don't see this as even a partial solution to the problem, and I wholeheartedly believe that it would exasperate the ongoing issues.

Why wouldn't people just wait for the poll to end before donating? Why donate during a period of heavy uncertainty, if you're donating for the explicit purpose of receiving parts of the set?
And 50-50 is fairly generous, to be honest. But, I'll refrain from commenting on that specifically until the events in question have concluded.
AQ DF  Post #: 83
8/3/2024 12:44:11   
ming shuen

quote:

Why wouldn't people just wait for the poll to end before donating? Why donate during a period of heavy uncertainty, if you're donating for the explicit purpose of receiving parts of the set?

That's what everyone is doing right now. Nobody wants to donate during a period of heavy uncertainty, if they are just donating for the explicit purpose of receiving parts of the set. This is why we have so little donators at this time.

What I am proposing, is to have the completion of the donation contest before the poll even begins (or before the results are even shown). This forces players and whales to donate in a period of heavy uncertainty - or not at all. This would then results in more tokens in circulation

< Message edited by ming shuen -- 8/3/2024 12:51:57 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 84
8/3/2024 12:54:06   
Branl

quote:

What I am proposing, is to have the completion of the donation contest before the poll even begins (or before the results are shown). This forces players to donate in a period of heavy uncertainty - or not at all.

Is it really desirable though? One of the few benefits of a system like this is people can donate what they want to the set/ideas that win.
Removing even that, just seems like the system is just overall worse for everyone.
AQ DF  Post #: 85
8/3/2024 13:18:18   
ming shuen

quote:

Is it really desirable though? One of the few benefits of a system like this is people can donate what they want to the set/ideas that win.
Removing even that, just seems like the system is just overall worse for everyone.

It has its upsides - such as more tokens being received by the player-base. Donators may or may not get what they liked, but those outside the top 50 will be receiving more tokens than they donate - making the items essentially free. The game makes a bit more via token-sales. It's a bit of a trade-off really.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 86
8/3/2024 16:54:45   
Red Blood

That is assuming the whales still give freely as just looking at this year the donations after a point have been really slow to come in with the knowledge of who is in the lead. You take away that knowledge you might have a way to get some extra profit for a year but anyone burned by such a thing is highly unlikely to donate next year.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 87
8/4/2024 2:22:28   
Sapphire

Regarding the lack of tokens being donated, to me it's two-fold. First, and is a major component, many whales from LY aren't playing these days due to a variety of reasons. While I do not know the reasons for everyone, I can say for certain some specific reasons for a few whales that pertain to in-game discussions and decisions that made them not want to play and continue to give their money any longer. I wont get into who or what those things were.

Secondly, the contest itself is in limbo. Knowing what set is likely to win motivates players to donate, especially if they like the ideas. Also, if whales are in support of a popular set they'll donate more in order to obtain it's parts. With this years approach, which isn't necessarily worse, we simply are waiting for the winner to emerge. We will see some more donations after the 8th, but I don't forsee us coming remotely close to LY's numbers. I don't think the unknown fuels donations. I think the known fuels donations. Thinking one set over the other contender LY would win based on the past is what motivated me to 'go for it' and I suspect others fall in the same boat.

We just don't have as many whales as LY.
Post #: 88
8/5/2024 2:47:55   
  Ward_Point
Armchair Archivist

I'm sure these few whales can speak up for themselves.

Anyone can make claims in an attempt to represent the majority. I'm sure there are many mysterious and undisclosable reasons to pressure a suggestion. However, none of these are actionable or constructive criticism.
AQ  Post #: 89
8/5/2024 6:07:07   
Sapphire

Yep. I put some disclaimers in there already. Simply pointing out the fact that many whales aren't playing this year, and some of expressed to me why. Was just pointing out some of the reasons (I mentioned others) why token donos are seemingly so low this year at this point compared to years past, especially compared to LY. It's not about being actionable or constructive. Just part of the discussion mentioned in prior posts.
Post #: 90
8/5/2024 20:12:23   
  Ward_Point
Armchair Archivist

Due to an unintentional bug and some general wonkiness of the Forum, the Poll data was lost.
Following the discovery of the loss of the poll data, the thread was hidden while the Forum team tried to salvage the poll data. Ultimately, it required Captain Rhubarb to retrieve a backup of the Poll.

Captain Rhubarb managed to restore the Poll data as of 3rd August 0300 EST.

We have also managed to locate the bug. Please be assured that this bug is unlikely to happen in the future.

Due to the Poll being down and to compensate for the two-day rollback, we've extended the poll's deadline to 3PM EST on Saturday, August 10th.

On behalf of the AQ Team and Forum Staff, I would like to apologise to the community for the inconvenience and any unrest caused.
We are aware of how invested members of the community are in the poll to determine the set mechanics for the Warwolf Prime set. The team is committed to moving forward to honouring the spirit of these suggestions.

It should also be noted that any alt forum accounts will not be tolerated. Those caught using an alt forum account to vote will have all of their votes removed. With forum repercussions following. Unfortunately four voting accounts have been disqualified, which has been reflected in the votes. ~Anim

< Message edited by AnimalKing -- 8/5/2024 22:39:46 >
AQ  Post #: 91
8/6/2024 1:35:13   
CarrionSpike

Big thanks to Captain Rhubarb for getting the poll functional again!
Post #: 92
8/7/2024 5:03:24   
legendd

I oppose the current voting system. However, I don't want that to detract from the suggestions made by @Dardiel, @GwenMay, and @RobynJoanne. Each of them is great, and regardless of who wins, I hope to see some of the mechanics from the two 'losers' implemented in the game sometime in the future.
Post #: 93
8/8/2024 12:52:15   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

We regret to announce that due to an unusually high number of suspected alt accounts, votes from forum accounts less than 1 month old will no longer be counted. This includes the community poll that was recently launched. It's deeply concerning to see players going to such lengths to manipulate the voting results. This kind of behavior undermines the integrity of our community feedback process. As a result, we will need to wait to finalize the poll results until we can thoroughly investigate and remove any fraudulent votes.

Thank you for your understanding as we work to address this issue. We'll provide an update as soon as the verified results are available!
AQ  Post #: 94
8/8/2024 14:28:18   
CarrionSpike

@Hollow

Thank you for working to ensure the fairness of the voting process, however, I do hope that legitimate players who made forum accounts recently don't have their votes removed!
Post #: 95
8/9/2024 18:41:23   
Kalle29

If you want to check for vote manipulation then please check if the people who voted actually post in the AQ forum or if, let's say, people were jumping in from other games due to a call on a 3rd-party platform. I personally don't think old accounts mean much if they don't actually play AQ.
AQ  Post #: 96
8/9/2024 21:33:37   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

It has been conclusively proven that there have been multiple acts of voting manipulation and outright cheating. Anim's scrutiny is covering everything that can be reasonably confirmed.
Post #: 97
8/10/2024 15:05:06   
Rastaban

Someone voted after the end? Weird!
Post #: 98
8/10/2024 15:09:50   
Dreiko Shadrack

the end was actually at 15:00:59

Now we wait for the true results after the final checks are concluded.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 99
8/10/2024 15:21:36   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

Correct, the poll officially closed at 3:00:59. A huge thank you to all who participated honestly!

While we'd typically be announcing a winner at this point, we're unfortunately facing a situation where multiple alt accounts have attempted to manipulate the results. We're now in the process of investigating these irregularities to ensure the final outcome accurately reflects the genuine majority of our community. Rest assured, the final results will be posted once our investigation concludes. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to maintain the integrity of our polling process!
AQ  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Warwolf Prime Giftmaster Set Vote
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition