Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Flash help and tutorials, come here to share your wisdom or ask questions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash help and tutorials, come here to share your wisdom or ask questions
Page 10 of 24«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/14/2005 19:10:43   
Zoltan

Just use the script and animate a walking cycle within the moving MC
Post #: 226
11/15/2005 20:06:53   
Zoltan

Ok sorry i didnt mean to post here, anyway since i did ill put a simple code here

Qulaity Button

on (release) {
_quality = "HIGH";
}

Add this code to a button and change HIGH to MEDIUM or LOW for the different qulalitys

< Message edited by Zoltan -- 11/15/2005 20:23:50 >
Post #: 227
11/18/2005 21:13:34   
Valgaera

Do you know how to make "boundaries"
For example, the pacman game, how you cannot cut through the walls.
AQ  Post #: 228
11/19/2005 0:34:25   
JJ_Legend

My flash isn't working . It's like the toolbar is broken down. Could you tell me how to fix them. Thanks in advance . This is the Piccy
Post #: 229
11/19/2005 11:13:10   
lil boi blue

i can try to help you JJ_legend, but i dont have flash studio 8, did you open a new flash document? check under tools menu on top (if there is) to unlock, were you under a trial?it may have locked it because of that, otherwise go to help and support and ask their online Q and A
AQ DF  Post #: 230
11/19/2005 23:07:16   
The Patriot

how do i take the scene from one flash movie, and put it in the front of another movie?

and how do i reararange scenes from one of my movies?
AQ  Post #: 231
11/20/2005 17:58:28   
becksy1
Banned!

i have flash but i am not good maybe if you can teach me how to make a circle move left by the left key and right by the right key could you plz
AQ  Post #: 232
11/20/2005 18:22:20   
CodeLabMaster
Suggestions Contest Runner Up

sjw8800, is the movie you want to take the scene from your movie? If so, just save a version of that movie so that only that one scene plays, then load that scene into your other movie using action script. I can go into detail on this if you'd like. Secondly, there is a scene menu somewhere. Take a look in the window option at the top and look for scene.

Becksy1, look at your previous thread for what you want to do with the monster. As for moving a circle, make the circle into a movie clip then use the action script described on the front page.
AQ  Post #: 233
11/20/2005 18:28:03   
Zoltan

Ok so valgera i dont have time now to do anything on boundraies but just go to www.flashkit.com and goto tutorials and search for boundraies and you will definitaly find something.

sjw8800 if you mean taking a whole scene with all the timeline content try exporting it, otherwise lil boi may be able to help you there

and becksy try this, this is extreemly simple.

1) draw your object that you want to make move and make it a movie clip by selecting it and pressing f8 (make shure that the movie clip circle thing is slected by the name movie clip)

2) click on the 'MC' = movieclip and open up the action panel at the bottom of the screen (assuming that you are using windows, which there is a 99% chance) and in the text field thing add ths script

onClipEvent (load) {
moveSpeed = 19;
}
onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
if (Key.isDown (Key.RIGHT)) {
this._x += moveSpeed;
} else if (Key.isDown (Key.UP)) {
this._y -= moveSpeed;
} else if (Key.isDown (Key.DOWN)) {
this._y += moveSpeed;
} else if (Key.isDown (Key.LEFT)) {
this._x -= moveSpeed;
}
}
Post #: 234
11/20/2005 18:58:01   
lil boi blue

sjw, i think your talking about switching from one scene to another,

{gotoAndPlay("put scene name here");}

so pretend you finish scene one and you did another movie in another scene, at the last frame of scene 1 give the above actionscript, BUT you would have to copy all the frames from another fla movie file and paste it INTO the current movie your working on, make a new scene name it scene 2.

like if your in a school, except you can only move in one movie, so how do you get to biology at the building across campus? you move it into your building

now i had to rebuild my system so i dont have flash installed yet (uber viruses)

< Message edited by lil boi blue -- 11/20/2005 19:04:40 >
AQ DF  Post #: 235
11/20/2005 19:44:51   
The Patriot

i think you forgot im home schooled but yea i think that answers my question.
AQ  Post #: 236
11/20/2005 23:00:43   
Swash
Creativity Contest I Winner-Written

How do you create a loading bar? Nevermind, I miht have figured it out. I'll know when I've got more to load if it works or not...

But how do you make it stop at the end of the movie? It keeps looping. Neverminbd, easy fix.

So um... how do you make some sounds louder than others?

< Message edited by Swash -- 11/21/2005 16:02:21 >

AQ  Post #: 237
11/21/2005 18:03:54   
lil boi blue

lol, thats the question i want to know too, you cant really, or at least in flash 2004 maybe in flash studio 8 or something. what you can do is use your computers default sound system to adjust the volume there ane THEN upload it into flash

quote:

ORIGINAL:lil boi blue

1) my computer
2) C drive
3) WINDOWS
4) system32 folder
5) right click in background and arrange icons by type
6) then go down and look for sndrec32
FIN) now just make sure you have a microphone and start recording

thats where the sound system is
AQ DF  Post #: 238
11/21/2005 18:07:39   
Swash

Yep, that's what I'm doing now.

I also just found out my loader didn't work. Is there a tutorial I could see for that? And what do I need to press to keep the movie from looping over again? It goes back to the beginning button but the music keeps playing so I need to get the movie to stop at the end instead of looping over again.

EDIT: Yes, that will work nicely. Thank you very much, I'll ask if I have any more questions. Although my voice sounds extremely dorky on the computer

< Message edited by Swash -- 11/21/2005 18:40:26 >
AQ  Post #: 239
11/21/2005 18:16:12   
lil boi blue

ok, i dont know how to do loaders, that's why i didn't answer your first question, (i check this thread around everyday to every 2 days ) but on the last frame of your movie put this in: {stop();} this actionscript tells your frames in that column to stop, then you can make a button to replay it by making the pic, convert to symbol->button, give the actionscript: on(press){gotoAndPlay(1);} or whatever frame you started on so on frame two put on(press){gotoAndPlay(2);}

Hey zoltan, since you haven't done my favor where i already made the guys (1 month lol) can you atleast just make a circle versus a box game and just email it to me, and pm me if you email it to me, i just need 1 neazly little example to know what im doing. I didn't find the game paragraph clear, i can get the animations and everything going EXCEPT the HP points lowering when the guy is hit

EDIT: because there is such a huge tutorial list i've made it into a bar kind of thing , its kinda hard to explain but you'll see

< Message edited by lil boi blue -- 11/23/2005 17:27:45 >
AQ DF  Post #: 240
11/24/2005 21:05:27   
sport5849

How do i make a button go to a link?
AQ  Post #: 241
11/24/2005 22:05:55   
Swash

And hmm... I finally found how to make a preloader, but I've got a few problems.

When the movie is 48% loaded, that's when it starts loading frames. Until then it has 0 frames loaded, which means the preloader cannot start (as it is on frame one). I need the movie to start playing when you enter the page, or load frame by frame, and not have it load in giant chunks going from 0 - 300. I need it to start playing immediately. um... My question is how?

An example would be:
I want it to load from 0 frames to 1 frame to 2 frames etc. Right now it's loading 0 frames until it's 48% done then loading 300 all at once.

And is it possible to make the width/length of the document automatically adjust to the viewer's screen resolution? Nevermind... That question stumped me for three hours, and I figured out an answer five minutes after I posted this...

< Message edited by Swash -- 11/25/2005 20:47:33 >

AQ  Post #: 242
11/25/2005 1:54:45   
Zoltan

on(press,release.ect){getURL("http://www.com");} = a button that opens a url
Post #: 243
11/27/2005 14:57:59   
sport5849

thanx, a bunch
AQ  Post #: 244
11/28/2005 11:29:57   
The Patriot

ok, now how do i get a loading bar and a play button and a replay button into a movie? i want to make a loading bar an dplay button first before i make a movie since im not exatlyshure how to rearange scense and stuff.
AQ  Post #: 245
11/28/2005 19:22:40   
Valgaera

Importanat Question I would really appreaciate an anwser to.

Say I am doing a flash game. In it, I have fight scenes. My character is animated. If I want him to return to his original stance before carying out his attack, what do i do? For example, in AQ, your character finishes its animation, then attacks, instead of messing up its animation then attacking. How can I do this? Thanks!

Valgaera
AQ  Post #: 246
12/2/2005 1:47:22   
lil boi blue

i think i answered your question in your pm so.....yeah otherwise i just got flash 8 trial (i will never close it, i dont turn my computer off, it stays on 24 7 lol) and here are some cool things i tested out for glowing movie clips, bevel gradients, and other stuff for whenever i start my movies i'll start with this

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/photo12/lilboiblueprodagain.swf
AQ DF  Post #: 247
12/2/2005 6:54:48   
Valgaera

You anwsered how to write the actionscript, but thats not exactly what i was asking. Thanks anyways though.
AQ  Post #: 248
12/2/2005 17:04:31   
lil boi blue

hmm, they dont really finish their animation, they just go as they are, i'ld suggest putting the animation inside the movie clip, (double click the animation to give it animation of itself) actually, i just tested, they go directly to the fight, they dont finish their animation, they pause the guy where he is and attack, you can make an illusion with it by making pause in his FINAL position of his animation, then after like .7 seconds make him attack
AQ DF  Post #: 249
12/5/2005 17:57:32   
Swash

Can you embed .swfs in your posts?

< Message edited by Swash -- 12/5/2005 17:59:03 >
AQ  Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash help and tutorials, come here to share your wisdom or ask questions
Page 10 of 24«<89101112>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition