Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Flash help and tutorials, come here to share your wisdom or ask questions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash help and tutorials, come here to share your wisdom or ask questions
Page 11 of 24«<910111213>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/6/2005 17:39:11   
Valgaera

i think not, but you can link them.
AQ  Post #: 251
12/15/2005 0:24:15   
Metal

I just got Flash Studio 8 (I love student discounts!) and I was wondering if these tutorials would work on it? I see most of them say Flash MX 2004, and I'm oblivious to anything flash-related and I just thought of this thread and figured it would help me. So, is Flash studio 8 capable of all of these tutorials?
Post #: 252
12/15/2005 0:29:12   
lil boi blue

well good news for you i got flash studio 8 aswell and i have a few i can post
flash 8 pwns flash MX

ONE BIG THING!!!!!!!!!!!!

make a movie clip, go to filters.....have......fun

< Message edited by lil boi blue -- 12/15/2005 0:30:40 >
AQ DF  Post #: 253
12/15/2005 1:12:34   
trobbles trobbles

i made a thread about think but i thought ill just go ahead and ask someone. i have all the things (like the http:// etc.) from imageshack, but i cant actually display the picture in my sig. how can i do that? which one should i enter?

edit> o snap.... im a moron i forgot the [image][/image]... and i even knew that.... lol

< Message edited by trobbles trobbles -- 12/15/2005 1:16:23 >
AQ  Post #: 254
12/17/2005 0:14:06   
Valgaera

hey lil boi, saw the logo for your flashes, and was inspiraed to make my own.. not as fancy as your bounchy letters, but mainly beacuase I have mx 2K4 and can't afford ur fancy Flash *
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a245/SoccerPlayer1551/hassettlogo.swf
Suggestions? Right now I'm messing around with the fps. want to get it just right.....
AQ  Post #: 255
12/17/2005 0:39:44   
lil boi blue

try to make the letters fall into the places where they will stay and a little quicker instead of having them jump up in one frame move (when they flash from bottom of screen to top of screen)
AQ DF  Post #: 256
12/17/2005 12:38:20   
Valgaera

i actually quite like the jumping effect.

oh, and im having a major problem with my pencil tool in flash. do you know how when you use the tool, you select whhether you want it to be smooth, straight, or ink? Well, regardless of what I put, it retains the properties of the ink selection. Know how i fix?
AQ  Post #: 257
12/17/2005 14:20:05   
lil boi blue

well i still have flash MX 2004 and i know what you mean, flash 8 has a great selection option of how much you want the smoothness of the pencil to be from plain straight lines to really rigidy lines, for flash MX 2004 what i did was use the line tool, i didn't use the pencil tool much and when you do use pencil, dont use it from 100% go zoom up to like 400% and use it slowly,

SMOOTHNESS PROBLEMS: if your mouse is a "ball" mouse (like mine is, meaning no optical fancy shmancy lasers) then take the ball out and scrap the rubber off of the cylinder things inside the mouse with your fingernail, put the ball back in, screw the cap back on and it should be smoother.

otherwise there isn't much to do but live with it, (im so supportive lol) i switched to line and pen after awhile because pencil got to sharp, if you hold down shift when using circle, square, or pencil, it makes PERFECT lines and PERFECT squares/circles
AQ DF  Post #: 258
12/17/2005 22:08:27   
Valgaera

well, the odd part of it is that this just now started. it used to be fine. anyways, I hope that i get and upgrade for christmas, so maybe that'll fix it
AQ  Post #: 259
12/17/2005 22:19:39   
lil boi blue

well, i get major discounts on macromedia equiptment from using this one internet tutorial thing, i guess the guy works at microsoft or something.
AQ DF  Post #: 260
12/18/2005 16:57:21   
Valgaera

can i get discounts too? would it lower the upgrade price from 300 to like 100? how does this work?
AQ  Post #: 261
12/18/2005 18:06:19   
werewolf kinglord

suggestions please on how to make better http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/571/newbanner5is.png .thnx 2 howeva does it.
AQ  Post #: 262
12/20/2005 0:10:02   
da nite slaya
Banned

mat it's so, so EXPENSIVE Can i get a discount?
AQ  Post #: 263
12/20/2005 0:15:21   
Zoltan

werewolf kinglord interesting but if you didnt notice this is a thread for flash help, and now i will have to kill you... but seriously i will...

also when i first purchased flash, since i didnt know anyone like lil boi blue, i just used my student ID, it went from like 500 to 300 or something like that.
Post #: 264
12/22/2005 7:34:27   
prince of YOU

ohh right to much!
AQ  Post #: 265
12/23/2005 4:59:00   
Valgaera

i want to use my student ID, but i couldn't find how to just download an upgrade with it.
AQ  Post #: 266
12/23/2005 16:21:17   
lil boi blue

well im barely posting because im on vacation, but i cant sell discounts to people, especially on these forums, besides, it was back in september
AQ DF  Post #: 267
12/28/2005 23:25:43   
Deemahnik

Hello, I have Flash MX Professional 2004, but I need a little help on Coloring.

I have a horrible time with Shading. My friend CodeLabMaster, has taught me a way, but it's not working. I go into Timeline Effects, and use the Drop Shadow effect. I then draw my shadow lines in the picture, to know where my shadow is. I then take the Effect off. The problem i have is though, that it converts all my layers into a single "Layer" (no number given on it). I then have all of these other layers that originally had drawing on them, and no longer do. And 1 layer that has ALL of my art on it.

Please Help. Thanks in Advance,
Lord Deemahnik
AQ  Post #: 268
12/30/2005 18:50:26   
independence quiad!!

hey let just say that ive got a cannon but i gant get it to rotate with the mouse by coding?
AQ DF  Post #: 269
1/1/2006 5:13:50   
theswordinthemorning

here you go ryan and others. it mostly works i just cant get it to point in the direction of my mouse, it responds to what direction im moving my mouse, and how close it is to the rotational centern thing
1. make a movie clip of a shape, lets say a rectangle ( i do not recomend a circle :D) also the position of the cross thingy actually matters
2. put this coding on the movie clip

setInterval(variable, 5);
function variable() {
frog._rotation = frog._rotation + (_xmouse - frog._rotation);
frog._rotation = frog._rotation - (_ymouse - frog._rotation);
}

frog is the instance name of my shape it
now if someone can correct me i would appreicate (sp?) because it has a few hole in it but considering i built that from scratch, with blind faith, trial and error and a little bit of skill. skill did iu say skill i ment a lot of luck, oh and , i think, zoltan thingy thing

< Message edited by theswordinthemorning -- 1/1/2006 5:22:21 >
AQ  Post #: 270
1/1/2006 16:50:30   
Deemahnik

Anybody here have a clue as to what is happening for me? I really need to start coloring some things.
AQ  Post #: 271
1/1/2006 22:06:06   
Valgaera

i have a suggestion.... after drawing everything on seperate layers, convery the items on each layer into symbols. Then, do the shadow effect thingy inside each symbol, or by selecting all the symblesat once. Then, if they merge onto one layer, select all the symbols, and right click, then choose convert to layers. Hopefullythat willwork.

I don't have my flash with me right now to try it out, but ill work with it when i ge homew and try to see what i can do.....
AQ  Post #: 272
1/1/2006 23:30:18   
Deemahnik

i will try that in a little bit, assuming that it works, i can't thank you enough. When i do figure out everything, you can put me down as somebody that has the program. Thanks (hopefully, lol).
Edit: OMG! Valgaera, you didn't tell me what to do, but you gave me the idea! I've been taking all the layers at once, and doing the shadow effect. I then tried to take each Layer at a time in Drop Shadow. It worked! I can now continue coloring my things! Even though you didn't tell me what i needed, i so thank you, as you got me to think of the idea.

< Message edited by Deemahnik -- 1/2/2006 0:18:16 >
AQ  Post #: 273
1/2/2006 21:15:35   
Valgaera

no prob. glad i could start you off...
AQ  Post #: 274
1/2/2006 22:50:51   
theswordinthemorning

also i got it so that i can load and unload external video clip, even if they are from website, like it is in battleon. here ill give you the code, even if you dont want it
1, put this on a button for the loading of a movieclip. by the way you cant use immages, movieclips etc that have been hosted in a hosting service such as imageshack, you have to upload it to a website or somthing. also it doesnt just have to be movieclips it can be ;a SWF, JPEG, progressive JPEG, unanimated GIF, or PNG file into. If you load an animated GIF, only the first frame is displayed. also if you want mul,tiple loaded movieclips, you have to change my variable tree, to e.g. tree 2, or even piglet

on (release) {
var tree:MovieClip = createEmptyMovieClip("tree", getNextHighestDepth());
var mcLoader:MovieClipLoader = new MovieClipLoader();
mcLoader.addListener(this);
mcLoader.loadClip("http://www.orthlint.bamboohost.com/me.swf", tree);
function onLoadInit(mc:MovieClip) {
trace("onLoadInit: "+mc);
}
}

2. put this on the same frame (dont know if thats necessary) on a button. make sure your variable is the same in the loading as the unloading
on (release){
unloadMovie(tree);
/* or you could use the following, which refers to the movie clip referenced by 'target_mc'. */
//unloadMovie(this);

tree.addListener(listenerObject);
}
3. now try it :D
AQ  Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash help and tutorials, come here to share your wisdom or ask questions
Page 11 of 24«<910111213>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition