Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Flash help and tutorials, come here to share your wisdom or ask questions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash help and tutorials, come here to share your wisdom or ask questions
Page 12 of 24«<1011121314>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/3/2006 8:34:32   
The Illusive Man

I got Flash MX 2004. I'm Not Bad At It. Oh, Can an avvy or sig be a .swf?

Edit - Is Trace Bitmap The Only Way To Get Realistic Looking Drawings In Flash. If Not, Can U Tell Me How?

< Message edited by althorne -- 1/3/2006 10:17:06 >
Post #: 276
1/4/2006 18:58:42   
lil boi blue

lol, i didn't think there would be more than one-two posts here, well, i just got back yesterday evening (1-3-06) and just got back from school today *mumbles about homework load on first day back*

althorne:
1) avvy's or sigs...depends on what forum, .swf files are not popular among forums such as this one doesn't, you have to NOT export, but publish and publish it as a GIF file, then in publish settings change the setting in GIF from static to animated/loop those can be seen on these forums,

2) err, i dont know if you mean tracing a bipmap but what i do is take an image from the internet and put it on layer one, then lock it, make layer 2 and trace over it, its hard to trace but sometimes its easier that way, otherwise just try different shadings, like trace a basic model of an adventurer and make him one color like grey (not counting hair) then see what shading looks best
AQ DF  Post #: 277
1/5/2006 7:55:31   
The Illusive Man

lil boi

to trace a bitmap, get a bitmap (some other formats accepted) click on it, go to modify, bitmap, trace bitmap. It Pretty Much Traces It For You. It Works With Some, And Not With Some. You Get A very... Flash Drawn Look... Not As Good As Tracing, But MUCH MUCH FASTER.

Perhaps You Should Publish This As A Tutorial on The Front Page, As I Think That It Really Works, And I Use it All The Time.

Edit - Can You Put Me Down As A Flash User Please. I like to help people learn stuff.

< Message edited by althorne -- 1/5/2006 7:56:41 >
Post #: 278
1/14/2006 21:41:20   
Deemahnik

Ah, looks like i'm back here. this time for a different reason however. I'm having a little trouble with animating armors. If you could have somebody that could help PM me, or just list some people in which i can contact that have knowledge in this area, i would be very thankful.
AQ  Post #: 279
1/14/2006 21:53:51   
lil boi blue

well i know a lot about animating so shoot
AQ DF  Post #: 280
1/14/2006 23:44:11   
Valgaera

i wrote an animation tutroial....

Hello. I’m Valgaera. You may have seen my Flash Gallery/Shoppe in which I make weapons and reanimate AQ armours. Recently, I was PM’d asking how I do my armour animations. That made me decide to write this tutorial. It is divided into sections, as follows

TABLE OF CONTENCE
100- Starting
200- Colouring
300- Animating
400- Rotating
500- Rotating with a hinge
600- Key
700- Questions
800- Closing

To quick jump to a certain section, use the find feature (hold CTRL, and hit F) and search for the number of the section.

100- Starting
Start by importing the picture of the NMP to the stage (File-->Import--> Import to Stage). Then, add another layer, and named it LLeg1. On it, draw the Lower Leg 1. After you draw it, make it into a symbol (right click--> convert to symbol-->movie clip) and named it LLeg1. Do the same for the rest of the body parts ( AQ armors have 12 body parts- Lower Leg 1, Lower Leg 2, Upper Leg 1, Upper Leg 2, Body, Upper arm 1, Lower arm 1, Upper arm 2, lower arm 2, Head, foot1, and foot2) Make each one a symbol on its own layer. The hardest part to do is to draw the "invisible" parts. What I mean is, in the picture, a small part of the body is covered by the arm. You have to imagine how it would look if the arm wasn't there, and draw it like that. The trick is to make it look as similar as possible. You have to do that for every part of the body that is even just a little hidden.

200- Colouring
After you do that, start coloring. To do shading, use the line/straight line tool with a width of .25(the line width can be change using the properties tab window-->properties. For regular lines, I use 1.0) Try to use as close a colour to the actual picture as possible, and use a darkened version of the colour to do shading. This makes it look very similar to the original.

300- Animating
After all your colouring/shading is done, start animating (using either 12 fps or 36 fps) For demonstration purposes, I'll tell you how I do it in 12fps (to change the fps, click on the box under the timeline that says the current number of fps. The box that pops up also lets you change the bkrnd colour, the proportions of the stage, and the ruler unit). I insert a keyframe at frame 30, and then another at KEYFRAME 15. Then I put the part of the body at the 15th frame in a different position. The way I do this is....

For the BODY, I move it down and right 3 hits*

For the U Arm1, I move it down and right 3 hits* I also rotate it, from the shoulder, so the elbow part of the arm moves forward.

For the U Arm 2, I move it down and right 3 hits* I also rotate it, from the shoulder, so the elbow part of the arm moves forward. Move this one slightly less than U Arm 1

For the L Arm1, I move it down and right 3 hits* I also rotate, from the elbow part, so that the hand moves upward, but it stays attached to the U Arm by the elbow

For the L Arm 2, I move it down and right 3 hits* I also rotate, from the elbow part, so that the hand moves upward, but it stays attached to the U Arm by the elbow

For the HEAD, I move it down and right 3 hits*

For the U Leg 1, I move it down and right 3 hits* I also rotate it, from the knee, so that the upper part of the U Leg moves slightly forward.

For the U Leg 2, I move it down 3 hits* Then I rotate it, from the knee, so it remain at the same point of the body.

For the L Leg1, I rotate it so the top remain connected to the lowest point on the U Leg, and the bottom remain attached to the foot. The L Leg and The Upper Leg should form a ‘point’ at the fifteenth key frame. I also move it down a few hits*

For the L Leg2, I rotate it so the top remain connected to the lowest point on the U Leg, and the bottom remain attached to the foot. The L Leg and The Upper Leg should form a ‘point’ at the fifteenth key frame. I also move it down a few hits*

For the Foot 1, I do nothing. It remains still

For the Foot 2, I do nothing. It remains still

400- Rotating
To rotate the piece, you start by selecting it with the rotate/resize tool. Then, a box with points at the corners and middle of the sides will appear over you item. If you put your mouse right next to one of the points, you will notice that it becomes a circular arrow. If you click and then drag your mouse around, the item will rotate. No matter which corner you are at, it will rotate the same way.

500- Rotating with a hinge
When you select an item using the rotate/resize tool (Column 1, row 6 of the Tool toolbar. Looks like a square with points at the corners and middle of the sides), a white dot appears in the middle of the figure. That dot is the point at which the piece rotates around. It can be dragged so that the piece rotates around a new point. For example, when I say rotate the Upper arm around the shoulder, you select the upper arm with the rotation/resize tool, and drag the white dot to the shoulder. Then when you rotate it, it rotates around the shoulder.

600- Key
* If this is next to the word ‘hits’ it means to tap the arrow in the said direction
^ If this is next to the word ‘hits’ it means to hold the SHIFT key and tap the arrow in the said direction.

700- Questions
This is the section for questions. I will add the questions as they are asked
Q- Where purchase/get a trial for Flash?
A- www.macromedia.com is the official site for flash. Check it out; Flash is a great program.

800- Closing
Well, that’s it! That is my method for animating a Adventure Quest Armour. If you ever use it, I would hope that you give me credit for it. It’d be nice to be recognized. Regardless, I hope this helps you learn to animate just a little better in Flash.
AQ  Post #: 281
1/15/2006 1:10:09   
Zoltan

If you want to learn the basics to making a First Person Shooter in flash READ THIS>>>>>>>>>>>>¿

1: In flash first create 5 layers and label them gun, bullet, target, button, code in that order.

2: On the first frame 'gun' label the frame in the properties inspector 'gun' then draw what you want to be your target for the gun that will replace the mouse, make it a movie clip and in the properties inspector call it 'gun'

3: On the next layer 'bullet' create a cirle that could represent a bullet, make it a movie clip and name it ''bull' in the properties inspector, also give it the script below.

onClipEvent(load){
this._x = _root._xmouse;
this._y = _root._ymouse;
}

4: On the next layer 'target' create an image you want to be the target or an enemy, make it a movie clip and name it target_mc in the properties inspector.

5: On the next layer 'button' create a button that covers the entire stage and call it 'hit1' in the properties inspector.

6: On the 'code' layer add the code below--->

var i;
// gunfire sounds
var gunfire = new Sound();
gunfire.attachSound("gunfire");
_root.hit1.onPress = function() {
gunfire.start();
i++;

_root.bull.duplicateMovieClip("bulletNew", i);
if (i == 10) {
i = 0;
}
// hit test on target
if (_root.target_mc.hitTest(_root._xmouse, _root._ymouse, false)) {
_root.gun.gotoAndPlay(2);
_root.target_mc._x = 0;
_root.target_mc._y = random(300);
}
};
// initialise stuff
_root.onLoad = function() {
// hide the mouse
Mouse.hide();
};
//loop
_root.onEnterFrame = function() {
//put cross hairs to mouse coords
_root.gun._x = _root._xmouse;
_root.gun._y = _root._ymouse;
// target move
_root.target_mc._x += 10;
if (_root.target_mc._x<0 || _root.target_mc._x>Stage.width) {
_root.target_mc._x = 0;
_root.target_mc._y = random(300);
}

};

7: final touches. Place the 'bullet' and 'target' movie clips on the outside of the stage.
double click on the gun movie clip and on the first frame add the script
stop(); then on the second frame draw a sort of explosion to show when you hit the target.

Hopefully Im not a complete idiot i explained this right and it should end up like this http://haze.voodoolabs.net/fps01.swf (this origonal file was not made by me i just wrote the tutorial from the file.)
Post #: 282
1/17/2006 15:48:38   
Valgaera

i like it!

is therre a way to make it so that the actual pointer of my mouse is my crosshair, but a gun is being "held?" Is it best to just have the gun follow the mouse with the coding on page 1?
AQ  Post #: 283
1/17/2006 18:03:22   
Zoltan

Well if you look at the swf file the target does replace your mouse, but I do admit that i did not explain that very well so some problems that you have could be my fault.. Also yes there is a way to have a gun Movie Clip that follows the mouse and looks like your holding it. but im to tired to get it.
Post #: 284
1/17/2006 19:43:53   
flsg

Zoltan: that's very easy:
put this code on the first frame:

startDrag("asd",true)
asd is a MovieClip's instans name

My flash gallery
my game thread

flsg, proud old member of AQ(still playing :O)
AQ  Post #: 285
1/17/2006 21:38:36   
Zoltan

I didnt mean make the cursor a crosshair, that is covered in the tutorial allready, what i ment is how in fps games they have the gun at the botton but the crosshair is still the cursor like in this game http://www.camperstrike.co.uk/
Post #: 286
1/17/2006 23:14:27   
shadowm

if there is anyone here can you tell me where i can find the link to the sig i made in paint
AQ DF  Post #: 287
1/18/2006 0:17:36   
lil boi blue

err sure, it should be a web address thing so it looks like [image]www.photobucket.com/images/pic/004150.htm[/image] then to make it a link go [link=forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?.com][image]www.photobucket.com/images/pic/004150.htm[/image][/link]
AQ DF  Post #: 288
1/18/2006 0:42:41   
Zoltan

if there is anyone here can you tell me where i can find the link to the sig i made in paint........ WTF, did you loose your sig or something, "if there is anyone" as stupid as you I dont want to meet them.
Post #: 289
1/18/2006 8:06:27   
flsg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zoltan

I didnt mean make the cursor a crosshair, that is covered in the tutorial allready, what i ment is how in fps games they have the gun at the botton but the crosshair is still the cursor like in this game http://www.camperstrike.co.uk/

lol!!!
Just make a gun under the crosshair
AQ  Post #: 290
1/18/2006 16:00:10   
roonie345

quote:

3) Double click on the movie clip you made and make a keyframe in the timeline, in the new frame delete the image and replace it with text saying 'you lose'

4)make a new layer and give it this script-----> stop();

Do I add the new layer in the screen where I've got the "You lose" message? Or back on my original screen?

And does it matter what frame it's on?

I've experimented but so far all that happens when I play my movie is I click the button I've scripted to start the game, the object that's suposed to follow my mouse flashes on, and then it goes back to the begining. I really don't understand anything I'm suposed to do after I double click the "movie clip". Someone please help.

< Message edited by roonie345 -- 1/18/2006 16:28:13 >
AQ  Post #: 291
1/18/2006 17:21:26   
Zoltan

what tutorial is that from.
Post #: 292
1/18/2006 22:52:49   
ShadowWrath

Lets say i do this (very simple i know) ... how do i make it a picture i can upload to eventually use it as a sig ... i tryed saving as GIF, but "surprisingly" didn't work (sarcasm, lol) ... cuz i've seen animated GIFs before and they had looked like they were done in flash ... i'm just wondering if its possible ...
AQ  Post #: 293
1/18/2006 23:38:35   
lil boi blue

yeah, well first you may want to go to modify ->document and change to 500 100

then go to publish, check GIF, and click the tab for GIF and change from static to animated
AQ DF  Post #: 294
1/19/2006 4:32:44   
Zoltan

I don't know why but i just hade to sprosse up the first person shooter, its not much of a change just a score counter and some better art.... http://haze.voodoolabs.net/fpsnew.swf

Oh and I guess I should put this here aswell http://haze.voodoolabs.net/flash.html

< Message edited by Zoltan -- 1/19/2006 4:53:07 >

Post #: 295
1/19/2006 6:16:01   
Atlas
Legendary Truth

The gun looks pretty good. Did you use a real photo of a gun or did you do it yourself?
AQ  Post #: 296
1/19/2006 6:29:39   
Zoltan

Its a gun from counterstrike, But in saying that I technically drew it myself, I have become should i say very proficient at tracing things. I hade to construct the handel and hand myself and colour it myself and also the tip of the barrel. The gun was going to be used for a game I was going to create called damage, which you can see the title for here http://haze.voodoolabs.net/damagegun.swf
Post #: 297
1/19/2006 6:31:50   
Atlas
Legendary Truth

It could use some shading, to give it a finished look. But the gun model itself looks very well done.
AQ  Post #: 298
1/19/2006 6:34:01   
Zoltan

MMM shading I realy need to work on that. Thats one of my main problems when it comes to art, I need to remember to try to set a lightsource and go from there, Try to remember my graphics classes
Post #: 299
1/19/2006 21:44:43   
lil boi blue

hey zoltan, how do you make a 3 layer MC(s) so Leg1, Body, and Leg2. how do you make the legs go through their walking cycle when you press a key and stop when you release the key because there is no Key.is up(Key.right) code to automatically stop it and when you put Key.isDown(Key.Right);} {gotoAndPlay(2);} it wont go through the whole cycle, it will just keep repeating frame 2
AQ DF  Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash help and tutorials, come here to share your wisdom or ask questions
Page 12 of 24«<1011121314>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition