Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Flash help and tutorials, come here to share your wisdom or ask questions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash help and tutorials, come here to share your wisdom or ask questions
Page 18 of 24«<1617181920>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/10/2006 20:48:28   
lil boi blue

they have one for flash MX too, if your more interested in games i suggest just getting a pure actionscript book at amazon.com
AQ DF  Post #: 426
2/10/2006 20:49:00   
Dragoneill

All right. Do you remember the cost?

And is the book like uber complicated or does it like go gradually as you move on?

Btw blue u want a new sig?

also: how do i make a draggable item?

< Message edited by Dragoneill -- 2/10/2006 21:03:11 >
AQ  Post #: 427
2/11/2006 3:16:00   
Zoltan

Well I have a flash MX 2004 book, can't remember how much it set me back but it is realy helpful, though I only read the first parts it is there as a super good refrence! It has guided instructions and images to show you what to do (though the images were only of the windows version ) Well worth the cost. IF you have the drive to keep pushing and pushing in flash, because the first steps are allways the hardest

OH and also.....

quote:

1) In flash Draw what you want to be draggable and make it a movie clip and give it a name.

2) Add this script to it to make it draggable

Script----->

on (press) {
startDrag(this);
}
on (release) {
stopDrag();
}
3) Try the sucker out and if it works try to make something like mr patato head or...... stuff....

Post #: 428
2/11/2006 4:13:34   
cyrus515

I dont understand how you make a sig i make a circle ive signed up to photobucket and i still dont understand
AQ  Post #: 429
2/11/2006 6:26:19   
1995bassil13

holy crud im only fifteen where can i find £100 im not rich i wash cars for heasvens sake but i am a greta idea man only thing is a need a job i would wuite like one in this area but only on like a team until i get the money then i can use it to support the game so please help i cant get that amount of money

AQ  Post #: 430
2/11/2006 8:29:59   
flsg

quote:

ORIGINAL: lil boi blue

yeah its a book and its ginormous, 1243 pages, i'll be reading for awhile...

OMG I knew that book!!! It's great!!!
P.S. I have AS for Falsh MX: the definitive guide

My flash gallery
my game thread

flsg, proud old member of AQ(still playing :O)
AQ  Post #: 431
2/11/2006 11:45:54   
lil boi blue

well dont worry, think, this is your online version of the book, if i have it i can just say what i learned, thats the whole purpose i got it, i've found useful tips for lipsyncing, walkcycles, html uploading (though im not paying for a personal website anytime soon) and better animation techniques so i dont have to make every manuel 3D turning effect in a background
AQ DF  Post #: 432
2/11/2006 12:22:27   
Kolo234
Banned

How would you animate a weapon? I've tried the Motion tween thing but that's not helping me :(
Post #: 433
2/11/2006 13:00:28   
lil boi blue

well, you can make more layers in flash on the timeline and make a weapon on layer 1, then make an arm on layer 2
on the weapon, highlight the whole thing and press 'q' , move the vertex to the base of the weapon, this is where the weapon will turn when adjusted- gotta go, i'll finish this a little later
AQ DF  Post #: 434
2/11/2006 15:38:10   
da nite slaya
Banned

i dont understand buttons that much.
i need better explanation.

i made better drag n drop tut:

1)Rename first layer object.

2) In flash Draw what you want to be draggable and make it a movie clip and name it an instance name.

3) Create a new layer and name it actions.

4)Lock the object layer.

5)give the actions layer this script (replace N with the instance name of what you drew)
Script--->

_root.N.onPress=function(){
this.startDrag();
};
_root.N.onRelease=function(){
stopDrag();
};

6)now u r done! make sumthing like potato head next!

< Message edited by da nite slaya -- 2/11/2006 15:43:16 >
AQ  Post #: 435
2/11/2006 15:54:17   
lil boi blue

quote:

how do i make a button?

1)open a flash document
2) create a circle
3)right click on the circle
4) at the bottom look for 'convert to symbol' and click it
5) click the bubble for button and press ok

how do i put it to action?

PRE)make a button
1)on the bottom of the screen there are 3 bars, one of them says actions, open it up by pressing the triangle next to it
2)leftclick on the circle if you had not done so so that the title of the action bar says 'action - button'
3) now type exactly this in the given small white box where you can type:
on(release){gotoAndPlay(2);}

translation: 'on(release)' when you let go of the button '{gotoAndPlay(2);}' go to and play frame 2
you may change the frame to whatever you want

4)click on frame 1 in timeline
5)action tab should say action - frame
6) simply say:
{stop();}
dont put anything inbetween the parenthasis
translation: '{stop();}' stop this frame from playing

i dont know how much clearer i could be, just tell me what part you dont understand because i even have pictures there...
when looking at the pictures you may need to bring the mouse out of it, then back in to maximize it

< Message edited by lil boi blue -- 2/11/2006 15:55:40 >
AQ DF  Post #: 436
2/11/2006 16:28:41   
flsg

do you think that you should explain what the does and what are they?

exemple:
stop()
type: global function, or a MC method
use: it's a statement that command to movie to stop
parameters: 0
bugs: none
AQ  Post #: 437
2/11/2006 23:33:17   
Zoltan

Fair enough but in saying that you should also explain this

type: global function, or a MC method
use: it's a statement that command to movie to stop
parameters: 0
bugs: none

and then so on and so on. I mean most of the people that ive writter tuts for didnt know that MC was short for Movie Clip
Post #: 438
2/12/2006 7:59:42   
Darklord517

How do you stop a character from going through walls? I mean a character you move yourself.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dark Google

You need sarcasm lessons.
AQ DF  Post #: 439
2/12/2006 11:53:02   
lil boi blue

onClipEvent (load) {moveSpeed = 20;}

onClipEvent (enterFrame) {if (Key.isDown(Key.RIGHT)) {this._x += moveSpeed;} 
else if (Key.isDown(Key.UP)) {this._y -= moveSpeed;}
else if (Key.isDown(Key.DOWN)) {this._y += moveSpeed;} 
else if (Key.isDown(Key.LEFT)) {this._x -= moveSpeed;}}

onClipEvent (enterFrame) {if (this.hitTest(_root.Uwall)) {_y = _y+20;}}

1) make a circle and make it a movie clip (F8)
2) give the circle movie clip the code avove
3) make a line and make it a movie clip
4) name the instance of the line in the properties tab ' Uwall ' like in the actionscript,
5) your done
AQ DF  Post #: 440
2/12/2006 14:27:15   
Deemahnik

i'm back again, more with animating. This time, i'm having trouble with having body parts move. i want like a lower arm to go up, so i move the tranformation point to the place i need, then free transform it (i'm using motion tween already ;) ). And when i go to play it, the arm like flies off in the direction of the Transformation point. What am i doing wrong? i can rarely get the peices to no fly off, and do what i want them to do, but i can't figure out what i'm doing different. Maybe somebody here knows what's wrong.
AQ  Post #: 441
2/12/2006 14:52:10   
lil boi blue

well there is a small little dot in every tween symbol in this case your arm, lol, i think i've hit every possible tween animation problem SO move the small little dot to wherever you want the piece to rotate around, i think of it like nut and bolt leverage but you think of whatever you want. if moving the dot to the "elbow" doesn't work try double clicking the symbol and moving the tween so that both the white dot, dot with a cross in it are on top of eachother and within your picture (elbow)

warning: you must move the dot to the same point in every keyframe, otherwise in frame 1 it will be at the elbow but in frame 2 it will be in the center again

< Message edited by lil boi blue -- 2/12/2006 14:53:26 >
AQ DF  Post #: 442
2/12/2006 17:44:56   
Deemahnik

yeah, that white dot is the Transformation Point. I'll try your ideas and edit this post with the results.

EDIT: Nope, still didn't work. I can't cahnge ever scene when it's in motion tween, only the ones with keyframes on it.

< Message edited by Deemahnik -- 2/12/2006 18:03:40 >
AQ  Post #: 443
2/12/2006 18:57:11   
lil boi blue

lol, you can and you'll have to, every keyframe, not frame, keyframe will have to be adjusted to be like every other one (where transformation point is i mean) did you try double clicking the objects in tween to adjust the white dot and white dot with cross in it (dont worry im going through the same thing, my attacking guy in my minigame is doing flips all over the screen instead of just going in a straight line
AQ DF  Post #: 444
2/12/2006 19:44:54   
Deemahnik

yeah, i move the white circle which is the transformation point to where i need it, but the one with the lines in it doesn't move. Maybe if somebody figures out, they can provide some screens of what to click and what not.
AQ  Post #: 445
2/12/2006 22:03:43   
da nite slaya
Banned

quote:

ORIGINAL: da nite slaya

i dont understand buttons that much.
i need better explanation.

i made better drag n drop tut:

1)Rename first layer object.

2) In flash Draw what you want to be draggable and make it a movie clip and name it an instance name.

3) Create a new layer and name it actions.

4)Lock the object layer.

5)give the actions layer this script (replace N with the instance name of what you drew)
Script--->

_root.N.onPress=function(){
this.startDrag();
};
_root.N.onRelease=function(){
stopDrag();
};

6)now u r done! make sumthing like potato head next!

So... hows my tut?
AQ  Post #: 446
2/12/2006 22:20:17   
Zoltan

Umm alittle harder for beginners than the origonal...
Post #: 447
2/12/2006 22:46:58   
Deemahnik

Hye, i figured out a way Lil boi blue! i set the transformation point, when i start at frame 1, and highlight up to frame 20 (or whatever in your case) and move it where i want, then i do the exact same, only highlighting and start and Frame 20, going to Frame 1. As you can see with my final work for making my Warlock class active:

Warlock
AQ  Post #: 448
2/12/2006 22:49:37   
Zoltan

The arm animation is a bit to much, I mean you stand still for awhile and I bet your arms wont move like that. The art is cool but the loop is not 'complete' in other words when it gets to the end of the movie it jumps.. Great though!
Post #: 449
2/13/2006 13:49:18   
Darklord517

How do you make it so that when you get your character gets to the end of the stage he goes to another scene?
And another question. How do you make AQ style battles?(Without all the potions with just the attack)

< Message edited by darklord517 -- 2/13/2006 14:00:51 >

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dark Google

You need sarcasm lessons.
AQ DF  Post #: 450
Page:   <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash help and tutorials, come here to share your wisdom or ask questions
Page 18 of 24«<1617181920>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition