Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Flash help and tutorials, checked daily

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash help and tutorials, checked daily
Page 21 of 24«<1920212223>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/7/2006 18:17:43   
lil boi blue

quote:

ORIGINAL: flsg

lol I just got a weird idea: maybe we can make a contest with no prize, we can show our best flash work, and then we'll have a champion

if we do i dont want any loser cheaters lol, meaning the ones who download a bitmap from google like a picture of a cloud and just convert it into flash by going to bitmap -> trace bitmap, i can tell when people do that, i've done it myself like the grass in some pictures, you can really tell original from fake, trust me

way to tell is you see little triangles or microscopic dots that not even the flash paint brush could fill

< Message edited by lil boi blue -- 3/7/2006 18:19:35 >
AQ DF  Post #: 501
3/7/2006 18:37:12   
somebody621

lil boi blue: If they didn't turn off showMenu or allowscale, you could also zoom in real close, and if they traced, the vector would look interesting.
You could just ban the ones who did just break apart or trace the bitmap.
Post #: 502
3/7/2006 19:27:48   
ericabo123

neither of those work...i just want a white unpassable wall....

< Message edited by ericabo123 -- 3/7/2006 19:28:10 >
Post #: 503
3/7/2006 19:55:29   
lil boi blue

k my turn lol, make your balls name bob in the instance box down in the properties tab, now on the stage, make a line the same color as your background and make it a movieclip and give it the instance name Uwall and place it in the sky where you want the top of your ball to stop moving up,

give your ball who's name is now bob this code or add it on

onClipEvent (load) {
moveSpeed = 20;
}
onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
if (Key.isDown(Key.RIGHT)) {this._x += 20;}
else if (Key.isDown(Key.UP)) {this._y -= moveSpeed;}
else if (Key.isDown(Key.DOWN)) {this._y += moveSpeed;}
else if (Key.isDown(Key.LEFT)) {this._x += -20;}}

onClipEvent (enterFrame) {if (this.hitTest(_root.Uwall)) {_y = _y+20;}}

20 is how fast the guy goes so if you change the movespeed you'll have to do the same for the _y=_y+20 thing, also if that doesn't work make sure that
1)the uwall is in the sky not the earth,
2)switch the {_y = _y+20;}} to {_y = _y-20;}}
3)prey to god or whoever you believe in/dont believe in
AQ DF  Post #: 504
3/7/2006 20:41:06   
somebody621

Hmm...did you put the code on the main timeline? Did you follow the directions in the code? I can't imagine what could go wrong. Can you tell us what's wrong?
If it still doesn't work, change the setInterval line into the following:
name.onEnterFrame = function(){
(still replace name with your char's instance name)
Also delete the line },30); and put in just }
If it's just a wall you want, put in this code.
//put this on the main timeline
//set variables
//note:replace name with your character's instance name
//replace wall with your wall's instance name
//this of course is for a wall higher than you.

movespeed = 5;
wallX=_root.wall._x+_root.wall.height;

//basic movement
name.onEnterFrame=function(){
if(Key.isDown(Key.RIGHT)){
name._x+=movespeed;
}else if(Key.isDown(Key.LEFT)){
name._x-=movespeed;
//if the key Up is pressed and the char's lowest point is lower than the wall
}else if(Key.isDown(Key.UP)and name._x<wallX){
name._y-=movespeed/2;
}else.if(Key.isDown(Key.DOWN)){
name._y+=movespeed/2;
}
}

If it still doesn't work, I'll rewrite the code.

< Message edited by somebody621 -- 3/7/2006 20:49:14 >
Post #: 505
3/7/2006 20:47:52   
ericabo123

ok, none of these work. I get the same result with all of them. My character, a blue ball, passes right over the line.Thats it, nothing else happens. I wanted the white line to be a "barrier" type thing to block the blue bubble off.
Post #: 506
3/7/2006 20:52:24   
somebody621

Try using a larger wall for Lil Boi Blue's code. Notice that all of our code is for an upper wall.
You should be able to manipulate it to us it for all kinds of wall if you know what you are doing.
Please try to know what and why the code works, not just copy it.
Post #: 507
3/7/2006 20:55:19   
ericabo123

ok i got it working..one problem though lol, if you hold down the up key and try to break the barrier, its possible rofl
Post #: 508
3/7/2006 20:55:22   
lil boi blue

lol, i think i will make a thing where its a game and when you hover over the thing like a wall or character or anything, it will show the actionscript used
AQ DF  Post #: 509
3/7/2006 20:59:32   
somebody621

Lil Boi Blue: For that, it might be easier to learn a side language(ASP, XML, PHP) Otherwise, you'd have to either define the text (other easiest way), or handwrite in a static textbox manually.
Post #: 510
3/7/2006 21:02:32   
lil boi blue

done worry, i've done things like it before, i think i use dynamic boxes, where when you run over it makes the text change color lol, from alpha 0% to alpha 100% and then back to alpha 0% or just make it like a button, trust me, i just go out of the box, im not too for java,
AQ DF  Post #: 511
3/7/2006 21:03:07   
flsg

now, here's a simple way:
put this code on _root's AS panel, the ball's instance name is myBall:

myBall.onKeyDown=function(){
  if (Key.isDown(Key.LEFT) || this._x>0){
    //moving code here...
  }else if (Key.isDown(Key.RIGHT) || this._x<500){
    //moving code here...
  }
  if (Key.isDown(Key.UP) || this._Y>0){
    //moving code here...
  }else if (Key.isDown(Key.DOWN) || this._y<450){
    //moving code here...
  }
}
Key.addListener(myBall)

onKeyDown is one of the Key Object's Listener Event, it invoke a temp function that does the thing we want
moving code could be: this._x+=5
addListener add the Listener, myBall

lil boi blue: what you want to do is super easy, do you want me to do it? lol
somebody621: you mean server-side language, right?

< Message edited by flsg -- 3/7/2006 21:09:15 >

My flash gallery
my game thread

flsg, proud old member of AQ(still playing :O)
AQ  Post #: 512
3/7/2006 21:26:31   
somebody621

Lil Boi Blue:Don't change the alpha; Use the visible function.
Also, flsg, wouldn't that code be for so that the ball doesn't go off the stage?
Also, since 450x500 isn't always the movie dimensions, you might want to use stage.height and stage.width.
Last solution for walls: Use arrays for the area where 1 is walkable and 0 isn't.
Using this system, you can make multiple-height slopes in a platform game, ladders, and all that kind of stuff you see in Mario .
Yeah, I do mean server-side.

< Message edited by somebody621 -- 3/7/2006 21:32:51 >
Post #: 513
3/7/2006 21:48:30   
lil boi blue

quote:

Lil Boi Blue:Don't change the alpha; Use the visible function.

you know that alpha is the visible function right?
AQ DF  Post #: 514
3/7/2006 21:50:29   
Zoltan

He asked me and I just sent him a .fla file lol so much quicker because everything is allready in place. Some people might say this is wrong because they arnt learning anyhting, but if they want to learn they will learn
Post #: 515
3/7/2006 21:51:03   
somebody621

When I mean visible, I mean like this._visible = false; (I think that's how you put it. It's either that or this.visible = false;, can't remember)
Zoltan:Heavily comment the code! lol

< Message edited by somebody621 -- 3/7/2006 21:52:48 >
Post #: 516
3/7/2006 21:59:55   
Zoltan

Mmmmm I should have done that but it was such a basic one that I couldnt be bothered. yeah and it is this.visible = false; Or onClipEvent (load) {
_alpha = 0;
}

for no apparant reason atall!
Post #: 517
3/7/2006 22:04:31   
lil boi blue

god, lol, i'll just let you guys fight over the actionscript title im for the design not the games, thought they are fun to make
AQ DF  Post #: 518
3/7/2006 22:47:06   
Zoltan

Actionscript title lol, form what he has writen im shure him, flsg and many otheres are better than me, But I just like to help

Also Ive been book and tutorial crazy latley and I'm finaly ready to start work on my big rpg, Its gonna be elderscrolls styles, I may have to call on the help of you and many of my other friends and fellow flash users if I get stuck or need artwork so wish we luck ~lol~

< Message edited by Zoltan -- 3/7/2006 22:52:46 >
Post #: 519
3/7/2006 23:12:19   
ericabo123

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zoltan

Actionscript title lol, form what he has writen im shure him, flsg and many otheres are better than me, But I just like to help

Also Ive been book and tutorial crazy latley and I'm finaly ready to start work on my big rpg, Its gonna be elderscrolls styles, I may have to call on the help of you and many of my other friends and fellow flash users if I get stuck or need artwork so wish we luck ~lol~

elderscrolls games rock..go morrowind soon to be oblivion!
Post #: 520
3/8/2006 1:55:25   
Jergal
Code Fysh

Hehe... Are many of you used to actionscript ? If so, it might be fun to make some sort of contest about that one of these days. That would also be a nice occasion for you all to practise; having a stake tends to be a good motivation! Maybe custom title and eventually avatar uploading abilities as rewards (unless you have a not-so-bright past as a forumite).

It's just an idea thrown randomly. For now I'm only curious about the number of people who are able to use actionscript on these forums.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 521
3/8/2006 2:18:07   
Zoltan

There are plenty of people that can use actionscript just some are better than others. I personaly know of three people that are realy good, I mean there is using AS then there is Knowing AS.
Post #: 522
3/8/2006 8:59:45   
flsg

quote:

ORIGINAL: somebody621

Also, flsg, wouldn't that code be for so that the ball doesn't go off the stage?
Also, since 450x500 isn't always the movie dimensions, you might want to use stage.height and stage.width.

OMG, didn't think of that...for the first time in my life lol
anyway, I'm more confortable with tiles:

//declare an Array
var myMap1:Array=new Array()
myMap1=[[1,1,1,1,1]
                [1,0,0,0,1]
                [1,0,1,0,1]  
                [1,0,0,1,1,]
                [1,1,0,1,1]
              ]
//put this function in _gloabal in case that we need to use it in a MC
_global.mapBuilder=function(the_map){
/*code here
make 2 loops, one for the height(i=the_map.lengh), other one for the width(j=the_map[0].lengh)
then attach tiles MC in the loop
*/
}

My flash gallery
my game thread

flsg, proud old member of AQ(still playing :O)
AQ  Post #: 523
3/8/2006 9:28:56   
somebody621

flsg:That is probably the most flexible and efficient method to make maps. I've managed to make multiple sloped tiles for a platform game with tiles, but it kinda makes weird collision detection for a slope that takes up more than one tile. I'm trying to work on it and put it isometric view.
Post #: 524
3/8/2006 9:47:19   
flsg

collision detection are easy once you know how to do it
get the player's x and y position on the tile, then you'll know the tile behind and beyond him
once you did this, check it's walkable:
//same as if(upright==true&& upleft==true){
if (Key.isDown(Key.UP) && upright && upleft){// if all of them are true, then continue
  //in flash, y's coordinates are different, so it's not y+=5    
  player._y-=5
}

< Message edited by flsg -- 3/8/2006 9:48:33 >
AQ  Post #: 525
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash help and tutorials, checked daily
Page 21 of 24«<1920212223>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition