Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Flash help and tutorials, come here to share your wisdom or ask questions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash help and tutorials, come here to share your wisdom or ask questions
Page 6 of 24«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/26/2005 21:51:05   
lil boi blue

ok done with homework, but im having trouble trying to get the actionscript way to work (its usually less messy and less space) but here is the "fail safe" method

1)open flash document
2)draw your bird
3)right click on it and convert it to a symbol/button

quote:

ACTION SCRIPT INSTRUCTIONS
-with the free transform tool left click the bird (that is now a button)
-in the action script area type= on(release){gotoAndPlay(21);}
-explaination= just telling it that when you click on the bird, it will play frame 21
-fin=this will apply to all frames that chicken is in

4)right click on frame 1 and select create motion tween
5)keyframe frame's 5,10,15, 19

quote:

ACTION SCRIPT INTSTRUCTIONS 2
-click frame 19
-in action script box type= {gotoAndPlay(1);}
-explanation= just saying when you get to frame 19 replay the whole thing again

6)on frame 1 make the bird on left of screen, on frame 5 make bird on top of screen, on frame 10 make bird on right side of screen, on frame 15 make bird on bottom of screen, on frame 19 place it as close as you can to original start of other chicken
TIP= dont just copy frame 1 and paste it to frame 19 cause it will screw up the action script instructions

7)keyframe frame 20, then clear it, DONT REMOVE it just clear it
8)keyframe frame 21, make a bagged up bird or dead bird there, then make frame 21 motion tweened
9)key frame frame 28 and make the bag (if chosen) go right, then on keyframed 34 (that you would do) make bag go left
10)keyframe frame 35 and make bag back to original position

ACTION SCRIPT INSTRUCTIONS
-click frame 35
-add this for actionscript= {gotoAndPlay(21);}

FIN= YOUR DONE, W00T, now you can repeat this in different layers to get more birds

Another thing, if you make more birds,you can make more layers and "captured bird"frames to make it different

ex:// there are birds A, B, C, and D each on their own separate layers A=1 B=2 C=3 D=4;
Frames1-19= A, B, C, D
Frames 20-29=A, B, C, D
Frames30-39=A, B, C, D
Frames40-19= A, B, C, D
Frames50-59=A, B, C, D
Frames60-69=A, B, C, D
Frames70-79=A, B, C, D
Frames80-89=A, B, C, D
Frames90-99=A, B, C, D
Frames100-109=A, B, C, D
Frames110-119=A, B, C, D
Frames120-129=A, B, C, D
Frames130-139=A, B, C, D
Frames140-149=A, B, C, D
Frames150-159=A, B, C, D
Frames160-169=A, B, C, D

you capture B, you go and play frame 41 so that B is gagged in a bag while A C and D are still out, See the pattern? its like using math

(the actionscript method is by making animations within one frame repeatedly, im having trouble making the bird go on diagonals cause i can only make it go on one axis [either x or y] but i'll keep trying^_^)

< Message edited by lil boi blue -- 9/26/2005 22:50:17 >
AQ DF  Post #: 126
9/26/2005 22:20:42   
Valgaera

Noticed that you had just posted, and I decieded to post also.
Congrats on your thread. stickied and its getting lots of looks. Got your Pm, justr haven't been around much lately. Can I get added to the flash user list.
Since this is a flash help thread, I guess this would be the proper place for me to ask my question.
In Decline of Video gaming ( short anmation by these brits, www.flashplayer.com) a scene is separated from a parody by snow. Not like the weater, but the stuff you get on your TV. The have the regular scene, the snow fades in, and fades back out, plays the parody, fades in again, and then fades out to the regular scenes again. Can you explain this to me.

Also, my actionscript knowledge is limited purley to what I have read in this thread, and what I gathered on my own, which is not much by any standards. Do you have a suggestion of any manuscript in particular that is useful if learning actionscript. Whether is is 1.0 or 2.0 doesn't really matter. I'm mainly just looking for a book that gets to it.

Thanks in advance,
V.
AQ  Post #: 127
9/26/2005 23:13:37   
lil boi blue

ok i think you mean a fade in fade out thingy, i just tested it out, its actually pretty simple

1)open flash document
2)in frame one make a circle on stage
3)click frame one so that everything is highlighted
4)rightclick on the highlighted circle and go down to timeline effects ->transform/transitions
5)click on transform(in new opened transform window) check the box saying 'change color'
6)select the color white (foamy look) and click ok
7)on frame 31 make a square then click frame 31 and again go rightclick the square and go to transform window (just say yes to the warning)
8)check box of 'change color' and make the final color white
9)click ok
10)now, here it gets a little funny, highlight all frames from frame 31-60 and right click on them
11) now convert them all to keyframes (again say yes to warning)
12)with all the new keyframes from 31-60 right click, go to bottom, and click 'reverse frames'
FIN) now go to frame one and press enter to check it out
AQ DF  Post #: 128
9/27/2005 7:10:18   
Valgaera

hmmmm.......i think i follow. did something lyk that once. uh, i think it'll work it my final col;or white has an opacity of 0%.
I'll get to it then.
AQ  Post #: 129
9/27/2005 11:22:26   
J6
Owns a Robot

Alright, your advice helped a little, but i ended up figuring out another way which is smaller in filesize (avoided the 169 frame A B C D steps.)
but now i have one more thing i'm missing. do any of you know how to make a connon which has the barrel follow the mouse? im not sure if any of you have ever played snood, but it would be something like that. a base which is static, but a barrel which has point A static, and point B (the end of the barrel) rotate around point A.
AQ MQ  Post #: 130
9/27/2005 11:40:23   
J6
Owns a Robot

Also, i followed your custom cursor tutorial, it worked. i made this simple crosshair, but would you know how to make it change color when it goes over a button? (the way the pointy arrow turns into a hand)
AQ MQ  Post #: 131
9/27/2005 12:10:23   
rich316

thanks blue for posting that it will help if i ever need to make a game out of it i will finish my preloader tutorial later because using zotan's walkthrough im trying to make a game where a monster is randomly selected and after 4 battles you win pretty simple but seeing as i only got flash last week id say its quite an achivement of mine ill post when i am done :)

J you might be able to use this (zoltan posted it here):

how would you get things to follow the cursor?

1) Open a new flash document.
2) On the stage draw what you want to be the object that follows the mouse
3) Make the "object" an movie clip and name it
4) Add this script ---->
onClipEvent(mouseDown){if(hitTest(_root._xmouse,_root._ymouse,true)){goforit="yes";}}
onClipEvent(enterFrame){if(goforit == "yes"){_x -= (_x-_root._xmouse)/6;_y-=(_y-_root._ymouse)/6;}}

but i think that would make it litrally follow the mouse as in like a tail. you want it fixed on a pivot so that it just rotates to where the mouse is pointing. unfourtuantely im not that good at flash

< Message edited by rich316 -- 9/27/2005 12:20:05 >
AQ  Post #: 132
9/27/2005 17:15:24   
Valgaera

doesn't reallyu work. this is the video i was refering to earlier. see how they used the snow to separate scenes?
any idea how to now?
AQ  Post #: 133
9/27/2005 18:32:37   
CodeLabMaster
Suggestions Contest Runner Up

I don't see any snow in decline3, but they do transitions by blacking out the screen for a sec, then showing the next scene. Is that what you want?

Nvm, I know what you want. Make a movie clip of the snow that constantly animates itself, then just make it fade in and out when needed.

< Message edited by CodeLabMaster -- 9/27/2005 18:34:06 >
AQ  Post #: 134
9/27/2005 18:53:10   
Zoltan

Ok J i thought i better contribute to this, i dont know if this is the best way to do this but it seems to work for me,
http://photobucket.com/albums/a264/Zoltan_1986/?action=view¤t=cannon.swf (if the link doesnt work ill change it i dont normally use a host but im having troubble with transmit at the moment) if this is ok then ill post how i did it.

oh also in my album if you go next it goes to a little interactive test town i made for the game orthlint, you use the keys to move and when you go on the doors you enter the building, anyway the point is that if anyone wants to know how to do that it is simple 'hit test'
so i can explain how to do hit tests which is when object colide it has an action..... yeah

< Message edited by Zoltan -- 9/27/2005 19:39:08 >
Post #: 135
9/27/2005 19:29:45   
lil boi blue

quote:

ORIGINAL: J

Also, i followed your custom cursor tutorial, it worked. i made this simple crosshair, but would you know how to make it change color when it goes over a button? (the way the pointy arrow turns into a hand)

i think it automatically does that though (turns into a hand)

but for a button its really easy,
PRE) open flash document
1)make a button (make it a red circle) and do all the convert to symbol/button/ok stuff to it
2)double click your red button circle
3)it brings up a screen with 4 frames
1= up
2= over
3= down
4= hit
make all the white frames key frames
for 'up' keep it red, for 'over' make it like bright red or something, for 'down' make it dark red, and for hit copy and paste frame 'up' and paste it in frame 'hit'
done

also, you may have found the trick i was thinking of to prevent the super ammounts of layers and frames
AQ DF  Post #: 136
9/27/2005 19:35:01   
Zoltan

yeah he ment for the cursor to change when it went over a button, if it is a dragable movie clip i know it automaticly changes to the hand¸¿
Post #: 137
9/27/2005 19:37:38   
lil boi blue

o well cant help you there, zoltan your more the "actionscript" guy so, sorry j ^_^

< Message edited by lil boi blue -- 9/27/2005 20:05:15 >
AQ DF  Post #: 138
9/27/2005 19:40:41   
Zoltan

yeah ah well u could still have that is a tut on the front page as a bigginer button thing
Post #: 139
9/27/2005 20:33:07   
lil boi blue

newest movie + thread = please some comment on movie *dont.....say......draw.....better, i've got that part in my head, im still finding my "style" though i think i have it, and i may add a little more parts with some sound to make it more interesting) i made their battle like supermario brothers if you didn't notice (exchanged pow for pig as the smash box)

guess link didn't stand out to well on my last post on page 6

< Message edited by lil boi blue -- 9/27/2005 21:46:07 >
AQ DF  Post #: 140
9/27/2005 21:46:10   
Valgaera

quote:

ORIGINAL: CodeLabMaster

I don't see any snow in decline3, but they do transitions by blacking out the screen for a sec, then showing the next scene. Is that what you want?

Nvm, I know what you want. Make a movie clip of the snow that constantly animates itself, then just make it fade in and out when needed.

But i dont know how to make it fade in and out. shape tween it to white with opacity 0?
AQ  Post #: 141
9/27/2005 21:53:27   
lil boi blue

quote:

ORIGINAL: lil boi blue

ok i think you mean a fade in fade out thingy, i just tested it out, its actually pretty simple

1)open flash document
2)in frame one make a circle on stage
3)click frame one so that everything is highlighted
4)rightclick on the highlighted circle and go down to timeline effects ->transform/transitions
5)click on transform(in new opened transform window) check the box saying 'change color'
6)select the color white (foamy look) and click ok
7)on frame 31 make a square then click frame 31 and again go rightclick the square and go to transform window (just say yes to the warning)
8)check box of 'change color' and make the final color white
9)click ok
10)now, here it gets a little funny, highlight all frames from frame 31-60 and right click on them
11) now convert them all to keyframes (again say yes to warning)
12)with all the new keyframes from 31-60 right click, go to bottom, and click 'reverse frames'
FIN) now go to frame one and press enter to check it out

i think you mean some kind of thing like for cartoon action things when you see it at one scene, then snow falls heavily covering up the whole screen and then going to a new scene, like that?

otherwise for this thing where it fades in/fades out technique just make the number of frames shorter (like make it last 5 frames or 10 instead of 30, dont worry about all this opaque stuff, i dont even use it) remember, dont make it too complicated

or do you mean the bad reception look where its all fuzzy with black and white, also the people who made that flash are incredibly good so i mean, it would take hours to make each individual little dot of bad reception

*coughpoints to last post I madecough*

< Message edited by lil boi blue -- 9/28/2005 1:51:56 >
AQ DF  Post #: 142
9/28/2005 11:24:17   
rich316

ive watched it its great keep practising

by the way for a button i want it to go to and play frame 2 when clicked so i enter {gotoAndPlay(2)}

but i just get the error message:
**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=attack, frame=1:Line 1: Statement must appear within on handler
{gotoAndPlay(2)}

Total ActionScript Errors: 1 Reported Errors: 1

so i double clicked the button to see if anything would help me there but no luck

can anyone help

nevermind:
on(release){gotoAndPlay(2);}

< Message edited by rich316 -- 9/28/2005 12:34:41 >
AQ  Post #: 143
9/28/2005 23:37:03   
lil boi blue

lol, here is a little editing clip i made, (it was supposed to be grey but i guess, gif format likes pink lol)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/photo12/editing.gif

so if your editing your post you could use it (like on IM, when it says, person is typing, or something like that)

its mainly if you have a big explanation for something like a paragraph that you would use it
AQ DF  Post #: 144
9/29/2005 5:52:34   
Zoltan

thats the most randomest thing ive ever seen you do in flash, u have any tutorials to post im to busy/tired/lazy mostly the last 2 to post anything new.
Post #: 145
9/29/2005 11:59:18   
rich316

i finished the tutorial for a preloader
AQ  Post #: 146
9/29/2005 17:26:29   
Zoltan

cool where is it? are you yet to post it or did you edit your other one¿
Post #: 147
9/30/2005 11:28:17   
rich316

the other one by the way thanks for the ame tutorial zoltan my ict teacher was impressed when i knew more then him :)
AQ  Post #: 148
9/30/2005 14:01:57   
rich316

quote:

ORIGINAL: independence quiad!!

1. Ok open Flash 2004!
2. make the first frame a name of "setup"
3. add this actionscript to it: HP = 750; enemyHP = 500; This will tell it to add your hp and the enemie's hp to a number.
4. Now make another frame and put this frame as "You".
5. Ok! Now make a "attack" button.
6. Now put a enemy on one side and you on the other.
7. Above your character make a static text that reads "HP:"
8. now put a dynamic text just right on the right side.
9. Do the same for the other side for the enemy.
10. Now the dynamic texts, put the enemy one a variety "var:" put that as "enemyHP"
11. now yours is "HP"
12. " now make the attack button this actionscript: gotoAndPlay(attack) This will go to "attack" frame. now go make another frame and put it: "attack" name.
13. now from that frame make a animation of your character attacking
14. when your done make the last frame actionscript: gotoAndStop("You");
15. Now go to the frame where your character "hit" the enemy.
16. _root.enemyHP = _root.enemyHP-random(70); Now it will pick a number between 0-70 as the damage
17. Now put this into the frame where you can press the attack button: stop();
18. Now make it like that for the enemy attacking. so if its _root.enemyHP = _root.enemyHP-random(70); just switch it to this on the enemy attacking u: _root.HP = _root.HP-random(80);
19. Now make 2 new frames at the end and name one win and the other lose
20. now put this coding in the frame where you attacked. if (_root.enemyHP <=0) { gotoAndplay(win); }
21. and on the win frame make a winning animation and on the last frame have stop(); and DONE enjoy

there you go zoltan slightly modified to work (i hope)

ok i kinda followed this tutorial changing things that didnt make sense and ive ended up with:

ill post link once uploaded
AQ  Post #: 149
10/1/2005 7:38:24   
Zoltan

wow its been really quiet in here i guess not many people need help with flash. I guess ore job is near dont
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash help and tutorials, come here to share your wisdom or ask questions
Page 6 of 24«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition