Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Game Engine Bugs - read the rules and known bugs BEFORE posting

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Bugs >> Game Engine Bugs - read the rules and known bugs BEFORE posting
Page 1 of 2612345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/1/2006 21:59:39   
Icemaster Yeti
Snuggably legendary

A game engine bug is a bug thats not specific to a single item but rather to the way the game is designed.

RULES:
1) CHECK if the bug has already been reported, if it has your "Me too!" post is unnecessary. If you have been told by an admin or moderator to post in bugs if some problem that is supposed to be fixed persists, look at the threads at the bottom of this forum, post in the appropriate topic down there, if and ONLY if no topic on the subject exists should you post a new one.
2) Do not respond with "That's not a bug" posts. AKs are welcome to edit such things in to the post though. Every few days I will be going through this thread and deleting all posts that are not bugs. You may however respond if you have a way to solve the bug, such posts are welcome.
3) No pictures! Links to pictures should be used instead. Also please do not use Bitmaps for the pictures. Convert it to a more space efficient type, such as JPEG or png.
4) If your bug is fixed please delete your post. I'll be going through and deleting all posts on fixed bugs every couple of days.
5) If your post mysteriously disappears see above.
6) If you're having a problem in combat list everything you have equipped. Many old reports were blaming the wrong thing, eg the weapon when the problem was the armour or vice versa.
7) Read all the stickies before you post a bug.
8) [Please don't use sigs. Without sigs, it's easier to find the relevant information. - Jergal]
Over the next couple of weeks I will be doing this to all currently existing topics in bugs.

As bug reports come in, the ones that occur often and are reproducable will be added to this list.
Please check this list before posting a new bug report.

First, a list of odd things that are NOT Bugs:

• Some monsters drain MP's instead of HP's
  • Monsters try to block attacks that would heal them.
  • There is a missing letter "s" for "Armors" in the battle menu.
  • Creatures can be healed farther than their original HP.
  • In-game shops reequip your default equipment after you buy/sell items.
  • Not being able to see things in new quests - if you see "Line 1 Line 2 Line 3 etc" in an NPCs speech bubble at a new quest, make sure you have the latest version of flash, and clear your cache.
  • Dracomancer Level reverts to 0 during battle with Bradakhan. One of his attacks drains your dracomancer levels. If you lose, you have to retrain. If you win that same battle that he drained the levels, the levels return automatically.

Known Game Engine Bugs:
  • Game sometimes stalls when:
    • first loading weapon special or armor
    • loading monster encounter (mostly fixed)
    • saving battle results (rare problem now, I hope!)
  • Damage icon does not always appear when getting hit or hitting the monster. This is often caused when performing multiple attacks.
  • Clicking the browser "Back" button exits the game.
  • The text size of the Damage Icons for some monsters only holds 2 digits.

Note the below are not game engine bugs but are mentioned here to avoid confusion. Bugs like this belong in the armor thread.
  • Some armours show the default head for your character when equipped (eg temp Ice Dragon Rider)
  • If you die in battle with the Black Dragon Rider armour equipped, you reappear headless.
  • Some armours (Werebunny Armour for example) causing the default sword/shield to appear when using a potion. Re-equip the sword/shield, or change armours, otherwise the game will freeze. This is an ARMOUR problem, not a game-engine problem.

< Message edited by Captain Rhubarb -- 4/8/2008 12:36:39 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 1
9/5/2006 4:02:31   
EdrickV

If you're fighting a pack enemy (say Undead War Party) and get hit by an enemy after you die you may get tossed into battle with something else, with 0 HP. (While fighting an Undead War Party in the Shadow set quest this happened and I got tossed into battle with a Greater Warbeast.) Don't know if a multi-hit enemy could cause this. But I've seen it multiple times with pack enemies, with a variety of equipment.

Normally if the above bug happens, you'll end up dying during the first round. But if you get healed (say by the Fearsome DuaLight's special) you won't die and the battle continues. Not sure what would happen if you won the battle. (The one time I got healed thanks to my sword I chose to flee after that.) I figure potions, spells, or skills would work to heal you too but the only thing I've tried was the Fearsome DuaLight. (And I wasn't actually trying or expecting to get healed.)
AQ  Post #: 2
9/7/2006 17:29:05   
Squire Drummond

Hope this is the right place to report this. I have noted a number of references to sound in AQ.

I have NEVER had sound of any sort while playing AQ. This was true when the characgter was an adventurer and continues now I am a guardian.

If there isn't supposed to be sound please ignore this post.

Operating system - Window XP, browser - latest IE, Flash version - 8.something at the moment - but this has occurred since i first started in May 2006 so had a different Flash version then.

I run a PentiumD 3.00GHz with 1.00 GB RAM. I use a Norton firewall. It is a personal computer so I have full permissions and privileges.

Sorry if this has already been answered but I can't find any relevant post referring to sound.
AQ  Post #: 3
9/8/2006 6:04:39   
John Anderson Smith

In Darkovia, if you go to Nightbane's Castle and go see the fight between him and Wolfwing, when it finished, Darkovia loads, but still without Nightbane's Castle.

Netscape Browser 8.1, Firefox Page View. Flash 9.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
9/8/2006 11:29:40   
DJBeif

they probably just haven't taken care of fixing the map for every possible way to get to the darkovia map. I visited 'the secret', battled wolfwing, cancelled back to darkovia, no nightbane's castle. using IE 5 and Flash 9
AQ  Post #: 5
9/9/2006 9:28:06   
onewingedangel.

Scroll over text glitch

In battleon if you click on atrix, as he moves the top info will say Robina instead of Atrix, and when atrix is in place (after clicking the first time) when you scroll over him, it will show the previous info of twilly
AQ  Post #: 6
9/10/2006 9:44:48   
Riku_100

each time i go on AQ the events always the same and the time is always the same plz i will do anything plz man help me

EDIT: "Time" is always the same?? Huh? Sounds like maybe your ISP is caching our server web pages, instead of giving you the current content.

< Message edited by Captain Rhubarb -- 9/17/2006 23:38:35 >
Post #: 7
9/13/2006 22:15:29   
Madking

I had lay on hands charged to 80/90 A couple battles later, I switched to paladin armour to finish charging it up, and it was at 1!. That's really annoying? It could have been because
a) I died
b)I completed a quest
c) I fleed
AQ  Post #: 8
9/16/2006 2:59:49   
Aital

I was just fighting the geoto and after loosing to the orc war party I was given the top msg about being mysteriously outside of the clan building. After I started to engage an O'meany while still in the background. I am now fighting an O'meany while inside the airship after having entered it with the bird in the background and all of the options accesible to start another battle and donate etc.

I went back to town and did a random battle. It removed the O'meany and I am not back to normal. But I keep getting an increasing amount of those secondary battles everywhere. Now it is interposing itself onto normal screens and my normal actions outside of battles.

< Message edited by Aital -- 9/16/2006 3:00:31 >
AQ  Post #: 9
9/17/2006 15:42:48   
alexefb

game wont load player. im about to fight the cat people guards (i forget their names) for about the third time on that character (its a great place for farming btw) and this happens:
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
9/18/2006 5:37:27   
VN 10

well, this is the second time i've gotten this bug. take a look, the nautica dragon thingy is not there, and i'm stuck there, nothing to click on

< Message edited by VN 10 -- 9/18/2006 5:38:24 >
AQ DF  Post #: 11
9/19/2006 19:46:57   
Elemental Master
Banned

ok in Nightbane's fort i fight the vamplord or werelord and it dont heal me nomatter what hp im at so please can u fix this i lost 3 times in a row to a werelord cuz i was at 254 hp and it didnt heal me AT ALL! PLEASE I BEG YOU FIX THIS BUG PLEASE! Cuz it heals me for any other monster cept werelord or vamplord and i cant get to nightbane so i cant get his form =(
AQ  Post #: 12
9/20/2006 11:11:14   
Ahnacht Sula Kahn

i am an x guardian and i do not get my extra 10% when defeating monsters. If a monster is worth 100 exp. instead of getting 110 exp {100 + 10%} i get 90 + 10.

[image]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g203/Moooooose/03cf7889.jpg [/img]
AQ  Post #: 13
9/20/2006 19:53:39   
Inuyasha9323

I was wearing my black pirates garb, with dread pirates cutlass, gyrate sheild, Big clone, and doom wolf, when i cam up against an orc horde. the mage orc attacked, then my turn came, the battle options popped up... and they imediately disappeared. i had my pointer over the orc horde symbol so it was showing their stats when it happened. the game is not frozen, the menu is merely not there. i don't know how to take a screenshot, otherwise i'd take one -_-
AQ  Post #: 14
9/21/2006 0:04:55   
vertexx69

Every time I've played since Alphanar has been added, your game has frozen my browser. after 2-10 fights the game freezes in it's tracks, usually right after a fight but before i get the xp. the back button doesnt work. I've deleted my temp files, i can browse anywhere else without freezing. If the game doesn't freeze it will either give me a blue scroll of doom or throw up the game guard. When it puts up the game guard it doesn't accept my password so it's effectively game over anyway.
AQ DF  Post #: 15
9/21/2006 1:51:18   
battle me
Banned!

i just bought black pirate garb in the g tower although the UAQ says it is rare and when i got it it didnt take my money away
Post #: 16
9/21/2006 17:40:09   
Kanoshen

My Level says it went up then i logged out after I got done fighting, and then when i came back and logged back in......I was back down one level you can click my char link and see that it says 88 still

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/5168/nolevelry4.png

EDIT: That's probably just a rounding error, where the Flash game think's you've leveled-up, but the game database has not.
Doing just *one* more battle before you log out after you level up will fix the problem.
But in any case, I've adjusted your character level to 89 manually.

< Message edited by Captain Rhubarb -- 4/3/2007 11:34:01 >
AQ  Post #: 17
9/21/2006 20:15:44   
Gladiatorous

quote:

i am an x guardian and i do not get my extra 10% when defeating monsters. If a monster is worth 100 exp. instead of getting 110 exp {100 + 10%} i get 90 + 10.

It displays the added xp in the monsters description, but it seperates them when you win to show you the extra your getting, so you are actually getting the extra XP
AQ  Post #: 18
9/23/2006 20:23:27   
0wn4g3r34567

i have a weird bug, when i did the vampire quest it didn't divide my strenght or dexterity and i kept landing on 95s so i passed everytime (if this isn't a bug apologies to the staff)

< Message edited by 0wn4g3r34567 -- 9/23/2006 20:32:05 >
AQ  Post #: 19
9/23/2006 23:16:43   
Allstah

(If this is not a bug or belongs somewhere else then I am sorry and please PM me so I will move it)

Anyway alot of the time lately when I play either AdventureQuest or DragonFable on my Compaq (Presario V2000) Laptop the Laptop just goes black and shuts down completely. This is really getting annoying 'cuz sometimes it will do it like a minute after I log in and other times like 20 minutes later so I never know if it will work or not. Yes my laptop is on AC Power (is plugged in and has a full charge so that it won't deplete the battery supply). So now I can no longer play AQ or DF on this computer. I can play it my Desktop but as it is extremely old and slow it doesn't work properly >_<

It does it no matter what Equipment I have on or where I am. It does whether I'm on AOL 9.0 or IE.

Please Help/Fix this.

~Thank You!

< Message edited by Allstah -- 9/23/2006 23:42:58 >
AQ DF  Post #: 20
9/24/2006 7:24:20   
Munken82

getting tired of getting the blue scroll of doom 98% of the time -.-'

give me some cake, and i give you a hug xD
AQ  Post #: 21
9/24/2006 11:48:32   
navzard

when i won a battle in the gardian arena(dragon's revenge round 6/9) it said i was logged in twice, but i KNOW iwas only logged in once. what happened? I never told anyone my password.

EDIT: If you log into the game in one browser, and then log into the game again in another window, then close the second one... The first window will not work, because it detects the second login, even if the second one is closed.
You have to close everything and start again.

< Message edited by Captain Rhubarb -- 11/9/2007 13:10:08 >
AQ  Post #: 22
9/24/2006 18:54:53   
CelesteTempesta

Okay, I'm really not sure where this would go, but I'm having trouble with my class.
I've been trying to train in the ninja class. However, ever since I bought both the X-Boost package and Guardian package, my class is set as Rogue every time I sign in. If I go to the Ninjitsu Temple and I talk to the girl there, she'll reset me to being a ninja (I've completed the first 5 ninja quests). But any time I die or sign out, I get reset as being a rogue. Any idea what's going on here?
AQ  Post #: 23
9/25/2006 3:37:21   
Ladyreaper

This just started today. At random times my game will go into gameguard mode but there will be no username so i even when i enter my password it won't let me back in.
AQ  Post #: 24
9/25/2006 22:33:01   
Gnome Knight

The text box at the top of the screen that says you can't exit throught this way doesn't appear anymore when you click on the exit button at Ile D'Oreans.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Bugs >> Game Engine Bugs - read the rules and known bugs BEFORE posting
Page 1 of 2612345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition