Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Chaney

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> NPCs >> Chaney
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/12/2007 17:11:32   
Cheese

Chaney

Location: Crystal Clear Lake (All Versions), Howl at the Moon, Bitten, Bloodwork, Castle Crashers, Blood and Roses

Quests given
None

Shops owned
Crystal Clear Lake
DOOM
Chaney's Things

Dialogue
Crystal Clear Lake (All Versions)

Chaney: Welcome! I don't get many visitors out here. What can I do you for?

• Upgrade Doom Weapon
    Chaney: I've seen the Doom Weapons before. The dark magic that powers them is similar to the curse on my brother.
    Chaney: If you'd like I could use what I know and increase the power of your Doom Weapon. I normally wouldn't touch the things but times are hard...
    Chaney: It won't be cheap but I have the materials here, I'd only ask that you me for them. Looking for a cure for lycanthropy is very expensive.
    Chaney: SO... Want me to upgrade your Doom Weapon?
    • Yes - opens DOOM shop.
    • No
  • Shop - opens Chaney's Things shop.

• Talk
    Chaney: I'm Chaney. I live here right on the lake. It's actually a swamp, but we still call it a lake.
    Chaney: My brother, Lon, also lives out here. Years ago he fell under a dark curse and became a werewolf. I've been looking for years for a cure.
    Chaney: Sometimes I hear him howl at night. It's a lonely howl, but also filled with bitterness and fury. He's much more animal than man now.
    Chaney: Please...If you see Lon...you must battle him. I don't know if there is a way to kill him, but you could hurt him.
    Chaney: The more hurt he is, the less likley he is to venture into town and become a threat to others. I'll stay here and keep looking for a cure.

• Leave - exits Chaney's cabin.

Howl at the Moon

Chaney: We have to protect her.

Chaney: You don't know the danger.

Chaney: The curse will find her too.

Bitten

Chaney: Something has happened to Thursday? Stop shouting at my door and come inside.
    Chaney: Quickly.

Chaney: I'm still trying to find a cure, girl. Trying to understand what turns a person feral... what drives this.... infection... this curse.
    Chaney: I'm trying to find out how to get rid of it, how to beat it or to inoculate against it. If Thursday is lost... then this might all be for naught.

Chaney: Thursday.
    Chaney: Thursday might be the only person on Lore who has no need to fear the light of the Moon and the change it might bring.

Chaney: Thursday is immune to lycanthropy.

Chaney: She's been bitten.

Chaney: Years ago.

Chaney: Just after you were... indisposed, <Character>, it became sport to hunt werewolves.
    Chaney: Lon was trapped, scared, hurt and Thursday came to his rescue but... in his pain, he lashed out and bit her.

Chaney: Thursday still bandaged his wound first before tending to her own.
    Chaney: When I found them, one ribbon was tied around his arm and another around her hand. Heh, she was making a crown of flowers for his head.
    Chaney: She should have turned by then. I cleaned and examine her wound and waited... and waited.
    Chaney: She never turned. Lon redoubled his guard and I studied the little blood that I had of hers. She has... magic in her veins.

Chaney: I'm after a cure! I have never gone after Thursday. I haven't taken any more blood than that which was left on my handkerchief!
    Chaney: I only seek to protect a girl that took pity on my brother and who might be the key to his humanity.

Chaney: Someone in her family chain has a magical background. Fairy? Dragon? Elemental? I don't know...
    Chaney: I never had enough blood to truly compare. Not to mention the difficulty of finding samples of blood to compare hers too.
    Chaney: Vampires and werewolves are found in ready supply but fairies and dragons are harder to find in the Doomwood.
    Chaney: Werewolf blood would not react with Thursdays but vampire... vampire blood destroys whatever magical components is in her blood.
    Chaney: If she ever becomes a vampire all hope for a cure for lycanthropy will be lost.

Chaney: I had the same questions.
    Chaney: I had to know. If I was right, I could save so many from roaming the woods. I could save my brother.
    Chaney: I condensed what I hoped would be a cure, took it... then infected myself.

Chaney: The fact that I am still able to have a human form speaks to her being the key but I still had more work to do...
    Chaney: ... and found my home burnt to the ground with most of the work I had done destroyed.
    Chaney: I didn't know what would happen to Thursday if whoever set the fire knew her secret... whether they were human or vampire.
    Chaney: We had to keep her safe, keep the vampires away from her, while I still tried to find a way to fully remove the curse.
    Chaney: You... rebuffed our efforts but I had hoped you'd at least be able to keep the vampires away.

Chaney: I suspect it was one of the vampires who set the fire... but what if it was the town's new "defenders"?
    Chaney: The control I have over my form... wanes during the full moon. I didn't want to wait and risk Thursday's safety.
    Chaney: I only wanted to protect the girl and make sure the curse of vampirism doesn't take away the chance for us to regain our own humanity.

Chaney: I would never hurt Thursday! She has been nothing but kind to my brother and I!

Chaney: Stop it! I won't listen to you insult the person who protected your friend!

Chaney: You need to find Thursday as soon as possible. This poor girl doesn't have much time until she turns.

Chaney: One positive of the moon phases in Doomwood means that you have until the next full moon before you turn.
    Chaney: If you can find Thursday before then... we might have a chance at a cure. I truly hope one of the nests hasn't turned her.

Chaney: The nest in the old Guardian Tower doesn't even try to hide their presence anymore.
    Chaney: There's another that has taken up in an ancient keep to the northwest, though, led by the vampire Queen herself.

Bloodwork

Chaney: You returned.

Chaney: The Rose attacks on the werewolves need to stop as well then.
    Chaney: I need my original notes recovered too... did you see a book with a green leather cover?

Chaney: You saw it!

Chaney: We need to recover that book and thoroughly search that Tower.

Chaney: Vampires!

Castle Crashers

Chaney: C'mon Lon, let's go.

Chaney: The darkness? The Moon? Do you know something that could help the werewolves... ?

Chaney: ... Your Highness....

Chaney: If the Moon never sets, then the Sun can never rise.

Chaney: Half-elemental... the magic in her blood....

Blood and Roses

Chaney: Don't wiggle around, please.

Other information
  • Chaney and his brother, Lon, are a reference to black and white horror movie master Lon Chaney.

Book 3 Appearance
    Howl at the Moon Appearance

Thanks to
  • Jay for image.
  • Slayer Zach for Book 3 appearance image.
  • Stephen Nix for Howl at the Moon appearance image and information.
  • Senomi for dialogue.
  • Shadowninja716518 for other information.
  • Voodoo Master for correction.

< Message edited by Jay -- 9/8/2020 6:12:40 >
  • AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> NPCs >> Chaney
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition