Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Irismancer, The

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> NPCs >> Irismancer, The
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/5/2007 15:33:46   
sandorasbox

The Irismancer

Location: The Irismancer, As Good As Gold, All That Glitters...

Quests given
None

Shops owned
None

Dialogue
The Irismancer

The Irismancer: I see! I see so many things. I see that you have come to my temple to stop my servants and stop me, The Irismancer.

The Irismancer: How can I explain this to you when there is so much that you do not see?
The Irismancer: I see the past, the present and the future. You can hardly see past of your nose. But I will try.
The Irismancer: I see the wars coming. I see the shadows falling. I see a time when only the most powerful will survive.
The Irismancer: I see some will use their power to protect others. I see some will use their power only for themselves.
The Irismancer: ...and even though he hides, I see the one behind it all.

The Irismancer: Ha. I indeed see Sepulchure. His path is so very like your own. But, Sepulchure is not the one I speak of.

The Irismancer: I see that you would like answers.

The Irismancer: Fight me <Character>, and face my mastery of Wind magics. If you defeat me, then I will tell you what I see.

After the battle is won
The Irismancer: Well... *cough* ... Well done, hero. I am defeated. I will not be able to hold this form for long.
The Irismancer: It is time to claim your prize... ask what you will.

• Who are you?
    The Irismancer: I am The Irismancer. I was once a flying eye, and a pet of a powerful mage.
    The Irismancer: Most other flying eyeballs were trapped for centuries until Zarek and Palladia released them, but not me.
    The Irismancer: I spent all those years reading over the shoulder of my old master until I learned enough to take this form that you see.
    The Irismancer: My powers have grown even more since then. When the other eyes were released a large portion of them were drawn to me.
    The Irismancer: With their help... seeing through their eyes.. I can now see nearly everything.

• Why attack town?
    The Irismancer: As I said before, dark times are coming. They will be upon us soon.
    The Irismancer: I see powerful forces all moving at once. They are all grabbing for power so when dark times arrive...
    The Irismancer: They will have more power than the others. They will be in a position to win the battle for their chosen side or for themselves.
    The Irismancer: One such source of power is what the Guardians are guarding. The tower at Falconreach is one of the few still standing.
    The Irismancer: MY eyes went searching for this power, and when they found that tower, I made my own grab at that power hidden below it.

The Irismancer: I am sorry <Character>. I cannot tell you that. I see that is not my place to tell you, but know this...
    The Irismancer: When the times comes.. you may be the only one who can use that power.

• Sepulchure?
    The Irismancer: Not long ago he was a hero who accomplished many great deeds. He had made many good friends in his adventuring, like you.
    The Irismancer: Then he lost something that was dear to him. He felt that if he had more power, he would have been able to stop this event.
    The Irismancer: In his obsessive search to become stronger he withdrew from his life and his friends. They tried to help him but he wouldn't let them.
    The Irismancer: Then he discovered his cursed weapon, the Necrotic Blade of Doom.
    The Irismancer: His weapons did make him stronger but poisoned his mind further. Then it began to poison his body.
    The Irismancer: The armor that he wears, the armor of the Doom Knight...it actually wears him.
    The Irismancer: He has become something else, bound to the darkness.

• Doom Weapons?
    The Irismancer: Ah yes, the powerful Doom Weapons. Lore had never seen anything like them until they appeared a few years ago.
    The Irismancer: Several spirits of pure elemental darkness came to our world from their own plane.
    The Irismancer: It is difficult for a spirit of pure darkness to remain in our world. The light from a single candle could destroy them in their natural forms.
    The Irismancer: There are many ways for an elemental spirit to remain in our world but the most simple is to become bound to a weapon or item.
    The Irismancer: Thus, the Doom Weapons were born. Weapons of purest darkness with corrupt and evil minds of their own.
    The Irismancer: Everyone can ignore their whispers for a while, but in the end they end up dead or mad or worse... like Sepulchure.

• One Last Question
    The Irismancer: I... uh... you can't just.... It's not like that, exactly...uh...I'm fading! I can't hold my form any longer! GO AWAY!

As Good As Gold

???: Of course it is...
    ???: But why bother with the piddly fortune of an obtuse and foolishly benevolent King...

???: ...When everything you've ever wanted could be yours at the snap of your fingers?

The Irismancer: Of course I can, with the help of my Master.
    The Irismancer: IF you do me a small favor.

The Irismancer: I will do better than that. Much, much better!
    The Irismancer: Hehehe!

The Irismancer: ...

The Irismancer: ...
    The Irismancer: I'm not just going to GIVE you gold. Any fool can collect gold.
    The Irismancer: Thanks to the power of my Master- and soon to be YOUR Master- has granted me, I will MAKE you gold: your body the essence of gold.
    The Irismancer: Your very BREATH will be gold!
    The Irismancer: In fact... since you said you love even the taste of gold...

The Irismancer: Whatever you kiss from this moment on will BECOME gold!

The Irismancer: In return, you will teach those foolish heroes...
    The Irismancer: And especially <Character>...
    The Irismancer: ...The power of gold!
    The Irismancer: he/she might have shamed me once, but YOU will teach him/her the folly of his/her hubris!

The Irismancer: *(sigh)*
    The Irismancer: Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of a war.
    The Irismancer: Turning monsters to gold, gilding the cities of Lore, distracting <Character> that way while some...
    The Irismancer: ...other plans...
    The Irismancer: ...are put into motion.
    The Irismancer: You know, a LOGICAL use of your newfound power.

The Irismancer: *mutter* Madman! Madmen and fools. Master was right when he said that's all he had to work with...
    The Irismancer: Now, if only <Character> is kept busy enough!

All That Glitters...

The Irismancer: Aahah, I have found you. Here, all alone, left to rot in a cell. Perfect.
    The Irismancer: You have failed my Master! YOU no longer have your powers. You're of no use now!
    The Irismancer: AND all your monsters have been defeated AND <Character> suspects our involvement!
    The Irismancer: Failure. Must. Be. Punished.
    The Irismancer: But what is the appropriate punishment for one as greedy as you?

The Irismancer: Aaah. Ah, yes. I have it.

The Irismancer: Let THAT be a lesson to those who would fail my Master!

Faded Irismancer

Thanks to
    -- A_T for dialogue.
    -- pahezir for pointing out a typo.
    -- ILmaster13 for reformatting part of the post.
    -- Stephen Nix for post reformat and image.
    -- Chaotic Chaos for the fading image.
    -- Doomstalker for correction.

< Message edited by Stephen Nix -- 12/5/2017 22:41:17 >
  • DF AQW  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> NPCs >> Irismancer, The
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition