Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: "Write Me A Galin"

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Collaborations >> RE: "Write Me A Galin"
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/7/2007 23:58:07   
chaosnecro

Sashuno's Journal entry
----
As of now, i am confused.
The'Galin is NOT evil or corrupt. That pulls the plug on almost every theory thrown out there. The more i fight my own brethren, the worse i feel, as if The'Galin is looming directly overhead.
I'm not one to protest, though. While at the beginning, i opposed him, I am slowly learning what his true intentions and motives are. While he's not exacty the cuddle-bear god of love, he IS pretty merciful, but his agents are not.
I noticed epheel is out of the picture now, perhaps since he was such a terrible general? In any case, i will give my brief opinion on certain events and people that relate to the saga.
-Nightbane: He's cool, perhaps he has taken epheel's place in The'Galin's ranks? He seems to be a much more effective strategist, and rather disturbingly calculating. It makes me wonder what his motives are in the first place.

-The Huntress: Not much to say about her. She DID upset me at first, but she IS a powerful ally. Glad she's on our side, though.

-The Exodus: well, it's definitely a collection of beings, as pointed out many times. Our character is the one who descrives the enemy, so it is not always 100% accurate. SInce none of them seem to want to talk, we can only assume ithey've been forced by The'Galin. Ittheir ability to posess people DID make me wonder if, when posessing Blackhawke, this was another plan by The'Galin to expose corrupt people, or if it was just a mistake made by the free will of the collection.

Just describing the three, we can see The'Galin is not entirely to blame for our planet slowly falling apart. If we do somehow plow through his forces, what do we prove? Surely that we are corrupt!
This is why i am confused about which side is in the right- defending a planet filled with corruption, or ousting corrption to save Lore?
Also, if I do side with The'Galin, when his goal is reached, won't more corruption eventually rise? confused, conflicted, and all I want is for this madness to stop.

< Message edited by chaosnecro -- 8/12/2007 16:55:47 >
AQ  Post #: 26
8/8/2007 19:51:34   
Pyroclasm

Journal entry from the Lost Journal of Assanir, missing Turthseeker. Volume XI

Day 251- Afternoon
Long has the time from which The'Galin first came. Many fear this coming storm, with reason enough. They fear, for their loved ones, their belongings and themselves. There is reason enough for each of them, as each is torture. But there is no need to worry, my Terran analog told me, as these will come back in your next life. But after speakng with him for the first time, I thought this, if this is a storm, then where is our shelter? My analog, after much reading and searching told me this, There is no shelter, you will have to build one, with the help of others. We must unite against the destruction and fall of the civilazations and planet. We must rise, and work togetherr. Now is not the time, to be fighting little civil wars, arguing over pointless political decisions!We cannot pretend any longer, we must rise!

Day 252-Morning, after breakfast
As I wake up today, I saw the other side to this problem. Why is The'Galin doing this. Is he a cruel dictator that just wants to see us suffer and die? Or is he a kind man that wants to prevent the horrible things that happened to him, to us? Does he want to just destroy us for fun? Or does he wish to prevent the sadness that several people in his life brought to him? I see him as a being, that wishes to prevent the worst from happening to us. But he cannot find another way to do it. As my analog says, it's the circle of life, things die and are reborn again. He is currently working to find more and more on this saga, while I go and seek out the corruption that The'Galin wants to destroy. When I find the sources of corruption, I will destroy it, as a last-minute ditch in order to stop The'Galin's advancement.

Day 253
I fear that killing has also corrupted me. I will set out to find the source of his armies and try to stop them, alongside many other soldiers, men and women, the weak and the strong, the rich and the poor. We will fight...for SALVATION!!! I now go out as a man who accepts his death, willing to sacrifice his life for his planet.

Day 427
(This is written by Assanir's Terran analog)
I have found Assanir, who has gone missing for nearly a year. It seems that he was serving The'Galin's armies for a while, but it was that someone was possessing him. I will find him, and help Assanir take the possessor down. He is currently being nursed back to health.

Day 430
(Written by Assanir)
I will end this volume and begin a new one. It seems that he is wanting to test us more. I also realized this. It is not him that is evil. It is his impression. better put. it is his agents that I see are corrupt and evil. Oh! The irony of it.

To stop him, we must unite.

For Salvation!

Signed,
Assanir

< Message edited by Pyroclasm -- 8/10/2007 12:03:39 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 27
8/15/2007 12:07:24   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

I have studied the world of Lore for sometime now. I have even lived there amongst its native inhabitants for nearly a decade, and I have come to one inescapable conclusion. Lore, like everywhere else, is flawed.

For some time now I have studied and watched from afar the efforts of the so called Truth Seekers. I do not claim to understand any better then they those things for which they strive. Rather I should have a lesser understanding for being removed from their adventures. I joined them for a time, but was called away by duties that needed attending.

One quiet morn I lingered in the Library at the wonderous floating Isle d'Oriens. It was a most amazing of places, with an accumlation of knowledge matched only by a few other places I have visited. But I digress, on this fateful morning I discovered, in the collection of the Loremaster himself, the writings of The'Galin, son of Galin, better known as the Uncreator. The document begged to be studied. Sadly, it only supported my conclusion.

I was forced to think though, perhaps flawed as it is, Creation might yet be its own sort of perfection. The'Galin faced more trials and travails then any man should have been put through, and perhaps his attitudes may be appreciated for this. He wishes to purge that which is flawed and wrong in Creation, he wished also to fail, that he may be proved wrong, that it will be proved to him that Creations in parts or wholly is perfect. He will wait in vain for that moment.

Again, I digress. I have followed the evidence presented here in The'Galin's writing, and in the quests of the Truth Seekers. I have come to the same conclusion that the Devourer has. Creation is flawed, and this flaw must be fixed. However, I would propose as different solution, one that even now is coming into a manifestation of its own across the world of Lore.

The'Galin believes Creation is flawed because it is divided, yet even as I sit at this desk, recording these thoughts, the people of Lore are uniting against him. In the face of certain failure and annihilation, Lorians are uniting to fight what may very well be a futile, hopeless battle. Yet it is one they will fight none the less, and for that I can only admire them.

The'Galin says that their Gods are complacent and uncaring, yet I have seen planes torn to pieces by the wars of Gods and mortals. The Gods of Lore have sworn not to interceed in thier Creation, that free will shall hold sway rather then the tyranny of mysticism and enforced religion. The unity of Lore's people, along with the unity of their Gods together could stem the tide of The'Galin's wrath.

These are just the rambling thoughts of a foolish scribe, who no doubt is wrong on many of his specualations. Yet I draw courage from what I have seen here, the good, to my mind, outwieghs the bad, and the Lorians may weather this storm. I can only pray this, so that in the future, should my own home be threatened, I may know that some hope exsists.

Hope. Hope and Unity. They seem such frail shields against the all-encompassing might of a God who might Uncreate entire universes with but a thought.

Know this then, Lorians, that I shall stand by you through this trail.

Hope and Unity.

I pray, Lorians, that for your sake, and mine, they are enough.

~Alex Shiveran, Eternal Wanderer
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 28
8/19/2007 18:30:22   
Deceit

• He is not Evil.
  • Nor is he Corrupt.
  • He is undefeatable.
  • His plan is succeeding.
  • We will live.
  • We side with him whether we know or not.
  • The Avatars will live.
  • The Avatars will prevail.
  • Along with Him.
  • But we cannot let them win.
  • We cannot let them know.
  • The Corrupt shall not know.
  • He who uncreates will rest.
  • And we will do his bidding.
  • Whether we know it or not.

• AQ  Post #: 29
    9/4/2007 21:17:48   
    Falerin
    Legendary Loremaster

Entry moved: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=11829146

< Message edited by Falerin -- 11/12/2007 10:06:14 >
    Post #: 30
    11/5/2007 4:50:42   
    Lkeas

How is it that we see ourselves? In a mirror, most often, a reflection.. or perhaps pieces of ourselves as we look down at our hands, feet, chest. How does one see the whole self for what it truly is? How do we see our souls, that very essence that makes us who we are?

The journey and the effort it takes to understand the whole self can be a lifelong endeavor. How much more time must it take to come to an understanding of another being? One who is reclusive, shy, and tends to make his presence known through those who serve him?

Here, then, is the difficulty in knowing the Uncreator. Not only is the reflection in his mirror distant, it is also obscured by those who stand between us and him. Once in a great while we are able to glimpse pieces of his true self, but never quite the whole. We are left with a shattered image to put together like a jigsaw puzzle. How can we know which pieces fit properly?

In his journal we read his own account of his paths and choices as a mortal. We come to know The’Galin the merciful, the caring, the compassionate. A The’Galin who shows a deep love for life and a hope that things may turn out for the best even as everything around him falls to ruin and despair. This is the being we would wish to look upon us as he judges creation, one who would look upon Lorithia’s work with benevolence, and who would search out redeeming qualities which might spare us from the chopping block.

How do we reconcile this image with his darker reflection, though? The other writings which speak of his fear of creation, his jealosy over how it draws Lorithia’s love away from himself? The records of what seems to be an eagerness to bring about destruction, a loss of faith in humanity, a resignation that all is lost and must be razed to the ground? Are these accurate depictions of a god who has grown weary of the corruption on Lore? Has The’Galin the caring mortal become The’Galin the jaded deity? Or are these records to be taken with a grain of salt, that perhaps they have been misinterpreted, or filtered through the biases and voices of others?

If a mirror existed that could show one’s soul, we could see how very faceted each one of us is. We are complex beings with many sides, many reflections... each portrait a mere caricature, a tiny portion of the whole. Perhaps The’Galin is none of the images we see. Perhaps he is all of them. Ultimately he is still one of us, a being of many faces: one who has known love and anger, triumph and despair, who has experienced joy and endured suffering, and who knows well the consequences of any action he might take in his duties. And I believe it is because he is all of these things that Lorithia has chosen him for what is to come.

Can I place my faith and trust in one who possesses such a complex soul? Ah, well… could a simplistic one possibly understand us well enough to make the right decisions? I see in him a reflection of myself.
    AQ DF  Post #: 31
    2/1/2012 14:15:41   
    SeigeofDarkness

Being the Avatar of War has been a hard road. I have done many things that in my humanity, I regret. But it has allowed me to understand. Through my master's eyes, I have seen many things, and different perspectives on issues I once thought clear-cut. I understand his...my purpose and my part to play. As long as free will is a part of creation, there will always be choices. As long as there are choices to be made, evil will appear. As long as evil exists, there will be imperfection, war, famine, plague, death.... But thats a part of life and indeed, Creation itself. My master and his brothers can no more be destroyed than creation, as they are necessary. Through them the true colors of many are revealed and the chaff is sorted from the wheat. As the Terrans say: "Great power makes a man transparent". I know the end is coming. One day Lore will de destroyed, as will every other planet and world. They all will have their Armegeddon, their Ragnorok. All things, whether good or evil, must come to an end. That is mine and my master's purpose. This is my destiny, as much as it saddens me to be the destroyer of my own world it will not be the end. Creation WILL begin anew. And perhaps among the new crop there will be some remnents of the previous generation, watching and gently guiding, with wisdom gained from long, hard experience. This has been the thoughts of Thytos, The Ultraguardian, The Nemesis, and the Avatar of War.

< Message edited by SeigeofDarkness -- 2/1/2012 14:28:42 >

http://m.mygames.pt/MediaCenter/media/images/ezine/darksiders-mg-a102.jpg
    AQW  Post #: 32
    Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
    All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Collaborations >> RE: "Write Me A Galin"
    Page 2 of 2<12
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition