Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Nautican Welcoming Committee: Thread II

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Paxia Clans >> Nautica >> RE: The Nautican Welcoming Committee: Thread II
Page 3 of 14«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/7/2007 19:49:39   
Hyrdocannon47

You need to update the new link to my, non pasted over Mentor Student Tread, all the people who wanted to do it, I don't know, none of them seemed like I could pass it on... And Gowron has not been on, He WAS the person and... Well... Yeah
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 51
4/7/2007 20:34:25   
bm_dude1793

so birdy has the role of sending out welcoming PM's?
AQ  Post #: 52
4/9/2007 4:37:30   
Dox Para
Creatively Helpful!

Huge thx, birdy .

I have replaced the outdated 2) with birdy's FAQ and updated 4) the link to mentor/student on the above draft.

Any changes or ideas?
Post #: 53
4/9/2007 19:42:14   
birdy

It's nice ^_^ Though the part about Jaques (yeah... never learned to spell his name right) should be changed... he is after all on friendly terms :P

quote:

Introduction –
Hello and welcome to Nautican forum base, one of the 8 clans in Lore and here you will find many other Nautican members. Please read the stickied threads as they can be quite valuable tools to learn how it is in this forum. Many interesting things happen here and you can find a lot of information in this place. Welcome and good luck.

Who/what are we?
Nautica was one of the three original clans, we was also the only of the three to make a community without any form of government and thus was a kind of outsider. Our culture is peaceful and focus on defence rather than destructive attacks, our community also does it’s best to promote friendship and peace among the 8 different clans, Nautica has also earned a reputation of being wise intelligent and a good choice for peaceful intelligent people –something Nautica is very proud of being-. The common idea about equality and peace is being shown in the way of neutrality, Nautica at this point have no allies and also in that way a very limited number of enemies –though these enemies consider us as an enemy and not vica versa-. Some clans consider us to be an isolationistic community since we have no allies but it is merely because of our identity as Nauticans.

Current news - destruction of bases, arrival of new clans, the devourer coming, imbalance, etc.

What can you do? –
In the Nautican forum there is many different things you can do like: -The Nautican mentor and student thread where you can either get a mentor for advice inside the game or you can help out another member that might need a helping hand- -Canu’r Delyn is a place where you can you can write and show your poems about Nautica and maybe also everything in general- -There is the A tribute to Nautica! And Meduse! Thread where you can show screenshots of your glorious fight for the clan- These are what you can do and you can create new threads about something you think we need in our clan.

This was my introduction part :P Just wanted to show it >.>
AQ  Post #: 54
4/9/2007 23:07:27   
bm_dude1793

currently still waiting for more people to come so i can greet
AQ  Post #: 55
4/10/2007 4:14:28   
Dox Para
Creatively Helpful!

Just a short time til summer bm, no worries... you'll get plenty of chance to greet people .

I think that's good birdy. By encouraging them to read the stickies, we won't have to alter the PM if the stickies change.
Post #: 56
4/10/2007 15:38:37   
birdy

Yeah, I wrote it long time ago ^_^ It got incorporated into the original PM.

Soehh... is somebody going to fix the PM up or should I ?
AQ  Post #: 57
4/10/2007 16:16:50   
Dox Para
Creatively Helpful!

I thought you already took the honor? My suggestion is get a partner to lighten the load, communicate with one another so there won't be double PMs. I hear bm is eager to greet people. bm?
Post #: 58
4/10/2007 17:14:06   
birdy

Well... I would gladly send the PM to people, it's just making the PM layout that kinda... tires me >.< Haven't been onto using my magic writing skills for some time now.
AQ  Post #: 59
4/10/2007 17:57:41   
Dox Para
Creatively Helpful!

If both people stick to using one generic PM, that should make things easier. Unless you want to strecth your writing muscles while at it which is fine also.
Post #: 60
4/10/2007 18:27:37   
Lkeas

Hey guys, just checking in from vacation. Thanks to everyone who's been helping get the welcome PM back up and running! You guys rock. I'm glad the NWC is truly a committee and not just a one man show. You really show what the spirit of Nautica is all about by working together!
AQ DF  Post #: 61
4/10/2007 20:13:16   
bm_dude1793

alright i'll help and so uh what's the PM layout?
AQ  Post #: 62
4/11/2007 2:16:16   
Dox Para
Creatively Helpful!

I think birdy's post (last page, #54) should be used as the generic PM, bm.

So now, our two official greeters are: birdy and bm_dude1793. Congrats.

Anybody else want to add something?
Post #: 63
4/11/2007 3:03:36   
bm_dude1793

you mean this one?
Introduction –
Hello and welcome to Nautican forum base, one of the 8 clans in Lore and here you will find many other Nautican members. Please read the stickied threads as they can be quite valuable tools to learn how it is in this forum. Many interesting things happen here and you can find a lot of information in this place. Welcome and good luck.

Who/what are we?
Nautica was one of the three original clans, we was also the only of the three to make a community without any form of government and thus was a kind of outsider. Our culture is peaceful and focus on defence rather than destructive attacks, our community also does it’s best to promote friendship and peace among the 8 different clans, Nautica has also earned a reputation of being wise intelligent and a good choice for peaceful intelligent people –something Nautica is very proud of being-. The common idea about equality and peace is being shown in the way of neutrality, Nautica at this point have no allies and also in that way a very limited number of enemies –though these enemies consider us as an enemy and not vice versa-. Some clans consider us to be an isolationistic community since we have no allies but it is merely because of our identity as Nauticans.

Current news - destruction of bases, arrival of new clans, the devourer coming, imbalance, etc.

What can you do? –
In the Nautican forum there is many different things you can do like: -The Nautican mentor and student thread where you can either get a mentor for advice inside the game or you can help out another member that might need a helping hand- -Canu’r Delyn is a place where you can you can write and show your poems about Nautica and maybe also everything in general- -There is the A tribute to Nautica! And Meduse! Thread where you can show screenshots of your glorious fight for the clan- These are what you can do and you can create new threads about something you think we need in our clan.

oh and notice that the vica versa part is supposed to be vice versa not vica versa
should we change the Current News part to something about the galin?
and just for no apparent reason
under the sea
under the sea
there'll be no accusations
just friendly crustaesions
under the sea_________________________________(_________means that you gotta keep the eeeeeee sound kay?)
yeah it's good

< Message edited by bm_dude1793 -- 4/11/2007 3:10:36 >
AQ  Post #: 64
4/11/2007 14:32:12   
birdy

Well... it would require some modifications but since it's already a "fixed" draft it shouldn't be too hard... some of it was used in the PM anyway >.>
AQ  Post #: 65
4/12/2007 1:43:27   
bm_dude1793

alright so that's the PM format nothing else to/change?
AQ  Post #: 66
4/12/2007 11:00:11   
birdy

quote:

Introduction –

Who/what are we?
Nautica was one of the three original clans, we was also the only of the three to make a community without any form of government and thus was a kind of outsider. Our culture is peaceful and focus on defence rather than destructive attacks, our community also does it’s best to promote friendship and peace among the 8 different clans, Nautica has also earned a reputation of being wise, intelligent and a good choice for peaceful people –something Nautica is very proud of being-. The common idea about equality and peace is being shown in the way of neutrality, Nautica at this point have no allies and also in that way a very limited number of enemies –though these enemies consider us as an enemy and not vica versa-. Some clans consider us to be an isolationistic community since we have no allies but it is merely because of our identity as Nauticans.

What can you do? –

If you need more information then please check out the Nautican FAQ-Q/A.

Changed a bit (almost nothing), if you like it then I'd start PMing the new people ok ?
AQ  Post #: 67
4/12/2007 12:52:41   
Dox Para
Creatively Helpful!

Final Draft? (With the links provided):

quote:

• Introduction

• Who/what are we?
    Nautica was one of the three original clans, we was also the only of the three to make a community without any form of government and thus was a kind of outsider. Our culture is peaceful and focus on defence rather than destructive attacks, our community also does it’s best to promote friendship and peace among the 8 different clans, Nautica has also earned a reputation of being wise, intelligent and a good choice for peaceful people –something Nautica is very proud of being-. The common idea about equality and peace is being shown in the way of neutrality, Nautica at this point have no allies and also in that way a very limited number of enemies –though these enemies consider us as an enemy and not vica versa-. Some clans consider us to be an isolationistic community since we have no allies but it is merely because of our identity as Nauticans.

• What can you do?
    In the Nautican forum there is many different things you can do like:
    • The Nautican mentor and student thread where you can either get a mentor for advice inside the game or you can help out another member that might need a helping hand
    • Canu’r Delyn is a place where you can you can write and show your poems about Nautica and maybe also everything in general
    • There is the A tribute to Nautica! And Meduse! thread where you can show screenshots of your glorious fight for the clan
    • And many more cool threads...
    These are what you can do and you can create new threads about something you think we need in our clan. If you need more information then please check out the >> Nautican FAQ-Q/A .

Enjoy your stay here .

۞ Nautica Welcoming Committee ۞

• birdy and bm_dude1793 can chk your inbox for the copy and paste code.
    Post #: 68
    4/12/2007 13:20:30   
    Lkeas

Wow, that's incredible work! Awesome job on that logo, Dox, it looks great! Make sure that doesn't get lost in the PMs, I know originally we had trouble with the coding so even the links weren't coming across, but hopefully it will stay true to format.

There are a few grammatical errors, let me see if I can try to fix them...

quote:

• Introduction
    Hello and welcome to Nautican forum base, one of the 8 clans in Lore! Here you will find many other Nautican members. Please read the stickied threads as they can be quite valuable tools to learn how our forum works. Many interesting things happen here, and you can find a lot of information in this place. Welcome and good luck!

• Who/what are we?
    Nautica was one of the three original clans that were formed in the summer of 2006. We were a bit unique, and a bit of an outsider, in that we were the only one of the three to make a community without any form of government. Our culture is peaceful and focuses on defence rather than destructive attacks. Our community also does it’s best to promote friendship and peace among the 8 different clans.

Nautica has also earned a reputation of being wise, intelligent and a good choice for peaceful people; something our clan is very proud of. The common idea about equality and peace is being shown in the way of neutrality. Some clans consider us to be an isolationistic community since we have no allies but it is merely because of our identity as Nauticans. We are firm supporters of Clan Unity in the face of the coming of The'Galin, the Devourer.

• What can you do?
    In the Nautican forum there are many different things you can do:
    • The Nautican mentor and student thread where you can either get a mentor for advice inside the game, or you can help out another member that might need a helping hand.
    • Canu’r Delyn is a place where you can you can be creative! Write and show your poems about Nautica, join in philosophical discussions, and post your artwork!
    • A tribute to Nautica! And Meduse! A thread where you can show screenshots of your glorious fight for the clan.
    • And many more cool threads...
    These just a few things you can do to participate! If you feel our clan is missing something, you can create new threads about what you think we need in our clan. If you need more information then please check out the >> Nautican FAQ-Q/A .

Enjoy your stay here .

۞ Nautica Welcoming Committee ۞

• AQ DF  Post #: 69
    4/12/2007 13:26:30   
    Dox Para
    Creatively Helpful!

Thx Lkeas. birdy and bm_dude1793, ignore the first PM please. I'll PM the new code.
    Post #: 70
    4/12/2007 15:02:34   
    macer

All I can say about it is: WOW, thats great work everyone I think the new members will love it (I do and I am an old fart).
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 71
    4/12/2007 19:22:45   
    bm_dude1793

ok then i'll start with karzsa if noone has done him yet and the logo looks great
    AQ  Post #: 72
    4/13/2007 6:43:09   
    Dox Para
    Creatively Helpful!

birdy brought out things to remember:
  • Don't forget to change the title of your PM
  • Chk the roll call thread for people to PM (bm and birdy can work this out together, right guys?).
  • Post #: 73
    4/13/2007 6:46:04   
    bm_dude1793

ok then i'll PM her and any ideas for a good title?
    AQ  Post #: 74
    4/13/2007 6:49:06   
    birdy

Welcome to Nautica is simple and works ^_^

Bm_d... we'll work this out through PM yah ?

Great PM... didn't knew how it looked like :P
    AQ  Post #: 75
    Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Paxia Clans >> Nautica >> RE: The Nautican Welcoming Committee: Thread II
    Page 3 of 14«<12345>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition