Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AE= Spotted a Parody or Spoof in our Games Post it Here

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> RE: =AE= Spotted a Parody or Spoof in our Games Post it Here
Page 2 of 28«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/25/2007 1:17:24   
Genoclysm
Legendary AdventureGuide!

The Time Devourer was more of a machine than a deity, and when using the Chrono Cross, you actually broke the bonds between its components rather than destroying it.
Post #: 26
6/25/2007 1:51:41   
Ironslide

you should look more into your game facts the thing your talking about is not the final boss of the game in fact its not even the time devourer it's called F.A.T.E it controls events changeing the out come of things not knowing this tells me you know nothing of witch you speak learn then talk

< Message edited by Ironslide -- 6/25/2007 2:01:15 >
AQ  Post #: 27
6/25/2007 1:59:44   
Genoclysm

It is Lavos, the Mammon Machine, and the princess. By invoking the Chrono Cross, you free the princess and prevent it from causing the time crash. I know what I'm talking about.
Post #: 28
6/25/2007 2:04:51   
Ironslide

you may be talking about chrono trigger but its not chrono cross i know this for a fat i not only oun the game ive beaten it many times not only that i oun the book telling me all the names. like i said learn then speak or eles it sounds follish
AQ  Post #: 29
6/25/2007 2:21:58   
deathisper

In chrono Cross the end boss is called the Time devourer. He is in fact a combination (in some cases more evolved form) of both Lavos and Schala. He is not really either one of them but more of a combination (as lavos was defeated in the first game and the Time Devourer is only a few fragments of him) and Schala is really just a piece of the puzzle that makes him up.

Lavos being an alien bent on using the planet to gain energy, and Schala being a princess who was thrown into the dark of time.

Lavos in fact dies in Trigger, but the will behind the Time Devourer is his. So...if this was a debate thread the question would be weather the body or the will makes the being. Is Lavos still Lavos even tho he has a different body? Or is he a new entity.

The Chrono cross does not kill the Time devourer, more like it seperates the fragments from Schala making them pretty much dead again. In other words, the Time devourer lost his "weapon" and is no longer a threat to space time.

FATE, was a computer system that is destroyed after lynx fuses with it, and while it manipulated events on the planet, it is in no way part of the end boss of the game.

Just to clear things up.

< Message edited by deathisper -- 6/25/2007 3:07:25 >

I wanna be a Mongoose, Can I be a Mongoose Dog?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 30
6/25/2007 2:22:25   
Genoclysm

This is what the ghost of Marle says at the end of the game to explain it. I guarrantee it, and you can check it for yourself.
quote:

A new species is about to be born on this planet -- an alien life-form even more evolved than the old Lavos! At the darkness beyond time, the weakened Schala came under the influence of Lavos, and the two became one entity. It is now up to you, the one whom the Frozen Flame has chosen as its '"arbiter"'... You alone can decide how the new Lavos, which has encaged Schala within it, will evolve from here! Your actions will determine whether in the future all time is devoured by Lavos, sending the world into everlasting death. Belthasar foresaw this was going to happen, in his world in the year 2300.
And he was determined to prevent it from happening, no matter what it took...

The Chrono Cross... It alone can combine the sounds of the planet that the six types of Elements produce! The melody and harmony that brim within all life-forms... Use the '"song of life"' to heal her enmity and suffering... We entreat you, Serge! Please save Schala...

Please! Use the song of life to heal her enmity and suffering... You're the only one that can do it!
Post #: 31
6/25/2007 2:38:33   
Ironslide

you said it your self it stops existing becuse the princess and the alien defuse blinking i out of existence your so bent on being right your not looking at your oun words its sad realy
AQ  Post #: 32
7/2/2007 10:15:16   
Paladin Dracomancer

In some... odd, strange way, the Orbs remind me of the Chaos Emeralds from Sonic the Hedgehog. I mean, read this quote about the Emeralds:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tikal, from Sonic Adventure/Knuckles the Echidna from Sonic Adventure 2

The Controllers are the Seven Chaos.
Chaos is power, power is enriched by the Heart.
The Controller is the one that unifies the Chaos.

If one were to think of the Creation Orb being the "Master Emerald", this could make sense. (Noted, there is 8 orbs, but you know what I mean) It is also likely that, although the power of the Creation orb unites the Orbs, the Creation Orb could likely control them, (like the ME can neutralize the Chaos Emeralds) which makes poetic sense. (Would there be elements if there was no Creation?)

Also, the Master Emerald has been shattered several times, like the Creation Orb was. Not to mention, Tralin was chosen to guard the Orb by Lorithia, like Knuckles was the Emerald by the Gods...

Like I said, a strange, off the wall parralel... even if it wasn't intentional.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 33
7/2/2007 20:44:46   
lewa777

in dr.who theres a time teleporting phone booth when you go from df to aq in titians of batteon you use a phone booth

AQ DF  Post #: 34
7/9/2007 0:23:29   
Druid

Resemblances

Key: DF = DragonFable, AQ = AdventureQuest, F4 = Fantastic 4

OK I have studied and found as many resemblances between the two that I could.

In AQ there is the Devourer who is pretty much unknown, but he travels through space eating the lives of everything...
In F4 there is Galactus who is pretty much unknown, but he travels through space eating the lives of everything...

In AQ the Devourer has an agent known as the Exodus who used to be peaceful and also came from space, it has no choice.
In F4 Galactus has an agent known as the Silver Surfer who used to be peaceful and also came from space, it has no choice.

In DF there is the Mysterious Stranger who wears a black robes and a hood... he is unknown at the time but he is powerful.
In F4 there is Dr. Doom who at once point in the movie he only wore a black hood and robes... he was unknown at the time.

In AQ there are weapons that can greatly damage the Exodus... the Salvation Weapons
In F4 there is a weapon that is great enough to remove the Silver Surfer from his board...

In AQ the Exodus is made of an unknown substance and there is no other creature known like it...
In F4 the Silver Surfer is made of an unknown substance and there is no other creature known like it...

In AQ there is a small team trying to fight the Exodus...
In F4 there is a small team trying to fight the Silver Surfer...

In AQ and DF there is Artix VON Krieger
In F4 there is Victor VON Doom

In DF there is the DOOM weapons...
In F4 there is Victor Von DOOM...

In AQ the spell Ice Nine came out...
The new album by Joe Satarani came out and the Silver Surfer is on the cover... one of the songs is called Ice Nine.

Not to mention the AE Staff teams love for spoofing movies, remember Arachnattack...? The Transfarmers armor... yep.

So far those are the only resemblances but they are a little TO similar...
Post #: 35
7/9/2007 5:30:42   
lightbringer lord

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lich

Resemblances

Key: DF = DragonFable, AQ = AdventureQuest, F4 = Fantastic 4

OK I have studied and found as many resemblances between the two that I could.

In AQ there is the Devourer who is pretty much unknown, but he travels through space eating the lives of everything...
In F4 there is Galactus who is pretty much unknown, but he travels through space eating the lives of everything...
Wrong, he thinks the creation is corrupted, thus he uncreates it

In AQ the Devourer has an agent known as the Exodus who used to be peaceful and also came from space, it has no choice.
In F4 Galactus has an agent known as the Silver Surfer who used to be peaceful and also came from space, it has no choice.
Silver surfer is just a scout, the agents of The'Galin spread disunification

In DF there is the Mysterious Stranger who wears a black robes and a hood... he is unknown at the time but he is powerful.
In F4 there is Dr. Doom who at once point in the movie he only wore a black hood and robes... he was unknown at the time.
The mysterious stranger or the mysterious necromancer in AQ is 99% Diviara, check the Legends and Lore section

In AQ there are weapons that can greatly damage the Exodus... the Salvation Weapons
In F4 there is a weapon that is great enough to remove the Silver Surfer from his board...
Those weapons were just for encouraging, they weren't necessary

In AQ the Exodus is made of an unknown substance and there is no other creature known like it...
In F4 the Silver Surfer is made of an unknown substance and there is no other creature known like it...
Well, there are thousands of alien species that we haven encountered..yet.

In AQ there is a small team trying to fight the Exodus...
In F4 there is a small team trying to fight the Silver Surfer...
Small team? Heh.

In AQ and DF there is Artix VON Krieger
In DF there is the DOOM weapons...
In F4 there is Victor Von DOOM...
It's just a coincidience

The new album by Joe Satarani came out and the Silver Surfer is on the cover... one of the songs is called Ice Nine.
Hmm...

Not to mention the AE Staff teams love for spoofing movies, remember Arachnattack...? The Transfarmers armor... yep.
So far those are the only resemblances but they are a little TO similar...
Trust me, Falerin won't allow a single pun in the saga

My answers are in bold.

< Message edited by lightbringer lord -- 7/9/2007 5:32:20 >
AQ DF  Post #: 36
7/9/2007 8:29:51   
Druid

LOL No, your basically saying everything I think about that is wrong... That is like you saying "We better not go down into the basement because there is a chance that a dinosaur is in there zomg!"
Post #: 37
7/9/2007 9:50:13   
haaki nuva

Well, lightbringer lord is right, you know.
AQ DF  Post #: 38
7/9/2007 11:07:54   
Genoclysm

Lich, for the most part, LBL is right. If you knew more about The`Galin and how he operates, you wouldn't think that. The Exodus isn't even one being. The Exodus is a swarm of microscopic beings. There has been in-game confirmation of this, AND staff confirmation even before they were put in-game. Their description in the first was was wrong.

There is one slight other thing I think I should address about what LBL said however...
quote:

Trust me, Falerin won't allow a single pun in the saga
Yes, he will. The saga will be more serious than any other, but a little humor is going to be slipped in somewhere.

quote:

Ice Nine is a spoof of a LOT more than that. Ice Nine was designed specifically as a spoofing spell.

quote:

Yes, but those were single quests. They aren't going to make an entire plot a giant spoof. Falerin would NEVER stoop so low.

The`Galin and Galactus have two similarities. Count them. TWO. They are deific, and they have destroyed planets. I suppose you could throw in they both have a G in there name, but that is petty.
Post #: 39
7/9/2007 12:13:40   
Wandering_Drakel

this almost definately has nothing to do with anything but i always thoght it was weird.

reign-rain

heir-air

scion-sky(on?)

0o
DF AQW  Post #: 40
7/9/2007 15:35:30   
Zarseam

Lich posted this in an earlier thread, and I basicly said the same things you did lightbringer lord. maybe a little different.
AQ DF  Post #: 41
7/9/2007 15:37:58   
tempestofnight
Banned!

Final Fantasy I connections anyone?

Gilgamesh
Aeigis Shield
AQ  Post #: 42
7/9/2007 15:46:40   
Zarseam

gilgamesh was a biblical charecter i believe, but I could be wrong about that.
AQ DF  Post #: 43
7/9/2007 15:59:34   
tempestofnight
Banned!

ya but I don't think AE takes biblical stuff

Please don't quote the person immediately above you. ~Damsel

< Message edited by damselindigital -- 7/10/2007 0:02:01 >
AQ  Post #: 44
7/9/2007 16:47:14   
Genoclysm

Aegis is a legendary shield from Greek mythology that (if I remember correctly) was useful in slaying Medusa by using it as a mirror to see her with. Her image was permenantly burnt into the surface.

Gilgamesh is NOT from the bible. He is from a very ancient myth about a man seeking immortality.

The Gilgamesh Epic is Babylonian and Parallels the Flood story of Noah actually

I forgot the where the myth was from, but what I meant was the name did not appear in the bible. It could be argued that they variations of the same story on that point, but I was going by the name of the person.

< Message edited by Genoclysm -- 7/16/2007 14:32:38 >
Post #: 45
7/11/2007 15:10:57   
DRACO DRACONIS I

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sonic12040

I know I'm probably crazy for making this connection in my head, but I always instantly think Dread Pirate Wesley whenever I hear Man in Black. They kind of parallel in mystery until once Wesley has rescued Buttercup though I guess, since he actually has good in his heart instead of being evil incarnate.

this is totally off topic but I have to say that willam goldmans: The Princess Bride was and will be an instant classic of lituracy

< Message edited by DRACO DRACONIS I -- 7/11/2007 15:11:34 >

AQ DF  Post #: 46
7/16/2007 9:38:50   
f180

It seems the new Tales video game coming out tomorrow on the PSP features a villain named "The devourer". He seems to destroy worlds. I'm really hoping its just a coincidence and not stealing (he better not be a moon shaped thing with a face lol)
Post #: 47
7/16/2007 10:39:16   
tempestofnight
Banned!

The devourer was planned to be in AQ a WHILE ago, so a video game coming out 2morro wouldn't be where it came from
AQ  Post #: 48
7/16/2007 14:01:56   
Lord Vanatrix

Lately, I've been reading a book about King Arthur and his adventures and I think I have found about 3 ties...

Nythera=Morgan Le Fay
In my book, along with many other legends and folktales, Morgan Le Fay is trained by Merlin, and learns many powers from him, although she hates him because he won't teach her true powers. Also, in another tale, Morgan bestows a peace offering to Arthur by giving him a great cape. He asks the messanger to put it on, and she bursts into flames. This further links Nythera to Morgan due to the fact Nythera is the head of the caps/wings shops, does it not? Why wouldn't the staff put Nythera next to Warlic, or give her another job? Coincidence? I think not!

Warlic=Merlin
Now look at Warlic and Merlin's names next to eachother. Very similar, eh? Coincidence? I think not!

King Alteon=King Arthur
Now I think that King Arthur is King Alteon simply because of the name. Does this make him Nythera's half-brother? If so, is he half-dragon like her as well, or not? And does that also mean that Nythera is plotting against him as well as Warlic? Hmmm....

AQ DF  Post #: 49
7/17/2007 10:11:35   
zorbaks_uncle

I just noticed that Drakel is an anagram of Darlek...
I don't know what that will do to mechquest if they ever decide to parodize Doctor who.
If you don't know what Doctor Who is look it up on google...
I'll just say that Drakels and Darleks both consider themselves to be the supreme race of their universe.
I wonder if the staff knew about this naming coincidence beforehand (or was it purposeful)?

live by the sword
make your enemies die by it
AQ DF  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> RE: =AE= Spotted a Parody or Spoof in our Games Post it Here
Page 2 of 28«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition