Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AE= Spotted a Parody or Spoof in our Games Post it Here

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> RE: =AE= Spotted a Parody or Spoof in our Games Post it Here
Page 22 of 28«<2021222324>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/28/2010 19:20:02   
TheDanishGuy

All these are from DragonFable:
The Tusker Leader is called Paul, as in Paul Mccartney.

Drakes were discovered by Sir Francis, referencing Sir Francis Drake, a famous Explorer.

In the first DragonGrasp Storyline quest, Inspector Doyle mentions "the villiage of Bask", or Baskeville, from the Hound of Baskeville by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

The Sandsea holds a lot of music references, will fill those in later.

EDIT: I cannot believe nobody posted that Island Survival Belt is a reference to LOST.

And Wrpen99, Falco isn't a "Non-music reference", here.

< Message edited by TheDanishGuy -- 6/28/2010 19:30:26 >
DF  Post #: 526
6/30/2010 16:30:40   
Plasma Charge
Legendary AdventureGuide!

I belive that in MechQuest Yokai is a pun on Kung Fu Panda (well the five masters are the same!)

anybody up for a panda chaisis???
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 527
7/1/2010 16:39:10   
Turkmeiser

In AQW, the Incandes Fulminates daggers obtained from Edvard have a similarity to the Blades of Athena from God of War 2.

Edvard, Beulah, and the Lycan who Beulah ran off to are parodies of Edward, Bella, and Jacob from Twilight.

Faust well, he is a parody of the Devil, the one who tricked Faust (the non-parody Faust).

Mozzy Mogbourne is a parody of Ozzy Ozzbourne (did I spell that right?).

The Godfather of Soul is either Don Vito Corleone, Don Micheal Corleone, or Elvis Presly.

Ryoku is Goku, Nekoyasha is Inuyasha, Notruto is Naruto, Bash (whatever his name is) and Pockeychew are Ash and Pikachu and Sporkion is obviously a parody of Absolute Zero (who he parodies I don't know).

Togs are dogs. Sneevils are Gremlins. J6 is Boba-Fett. Nythera is Kratos from God of War (because Nythera challenges the Elemental Lords, and Kratos challenges (and kills) the Greek Gods).

Sepulchure is Sauron and his castle is Dol Guldor.

< Message edited by Turkmeiser -- 7/1/2010 17:36:40 >
Post #: 528
7/3/2010 14:45:20   
Gokashi

Sporkion and Absolute Zero are parodies of Scorpion and Sub-Zero from mortal kombat
Jon Jett is a parody of Joan Jett
Post #: 529
7/3/2010 16:11:36   
Reni
Lost BlueStar

Here are two more Sherlock Holmes parodies in DF's Dragongrasp:
Doyle's opening dialogue "When you eliminated the impossible... you will find the truth in what remains." is a slight paraphrasing of a Holmes's quote.
The inn's name, Baker Street Inn, is a reference to Holmes's street of residence, and its proprietor (Hudson) is named after Holmes's landlady Mrs. Hudson.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 530
7/4/2010 0:06:33   
monkeyman4241995

I was playing Rockband: Beatles... and I recognized something.

G'Joob from DF is a Walrus. Part of the lyrics from the Beatles' Song "I Am the Walrus" are "goo goo g'joob". I'm sure its already been pointed out, but I never noticed it until now....
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 531
7/5/2010 3:04:12   
Jcaseo

AQW location: Lair with the center bronze dragon weilding Buster sword refference mammoth blade (Cloud strive Buster sword FF7)
well, that's what I see when some one goes into 'join lair and notice the refference of the weapon.

Did any one posted this or was I the first?

Embrace your dreams, and whatever happens, always protect your soldier honor.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSb5ceQCCK6WemfCfOD0sb4xP4eVJv_7LjbQnzhRW4gSBcqvG0&t=1&usg=__99TEpTf84lqvOActZjf4shl5R7I=
MQ  Post #: 532
7/5/2010 7:08:18   
ArchMagus Orodalf

quote:

Sepulchure is Sauron and his castle is Dol Guldor.

That I severely doubt. Sure, they ARE similar, but how can they NOT be? They're both villains in fantasy settings. Furthermore, Dol Guldur doesn't fly. :P

As I mentioned in the GD thread, Fook and Lunkwill are two mice (pan-dimensional beings from a different dimension) from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 533
7/9/2010 13:33:43   
solomon409

i got one, in df, in the ash dragonblade saga, theres a quest where he is rescueing slusroom princess, ite place is the crossover of super marion bros.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 534
7/10/2010 0:00:42   
Turkmeiser

Fixed version

In AQW, the Incandes Fulminates daggers obtained from Edvard have a similarity to the Blades of Exile from God of War 3.

Edvard, Beulah, and the Lycan who Beulah ran off to are parodies of Edward, Bella, and Jacob from Twilight.

Faust well, he is a parody of the Devil, the one who tricked Faust (the non-parody Faust).

Mozzy Mogbourne is a parody of Ozzy Ozzbourne (did I spell that right?).

The Godfather of Soul is either Don Vito Corleone, Don Micheal Corleone, or Elvis Presly.

Ryoku is Goku, Nekoyasha is Inuyasha, Notruto is Naruto, Bash (whatever his name is) and Pockeychew are Ash and Pikachu and Sporkion is obviously a parody of Absolute Zero is Sub-Zero

Togs are dogs. Sneevils are Gremlins. J6 is Boba-Fett. Nythera is Kratos from God of War (because Nythera challenges the Elemental Lords, and Kratos challenges (and kills) the Greek Gods).

Sepulchure is the Witch King, Doomknights are Nazgul, Sepulchure's master is Sauron and his castle is Dol Guldor.

The Elemental Orbs are the Rings of Power (from Lord of the Rings)
Post #: 535
7/10/2010 6:25:17   
amazod

Gilded Plate,Golden Plate. THEY were made in Runescape Waaaay b4 in AE
AQ DF  Post #: 536
7/10/2010 6:28:02   
amazod

Hashasin was Assasin in ancient Tongue once. :) I Read dan brown
AQ DF  Post #: 537
7/10/2010 12:59:26   
destined_4_awesome

iv noticed alot of spoofs of the 3rd movie in the evil dead series army of darkness yea artix calling the undead army attacking swordhaven that the reference tot he amgic words and how ash forgot them on the friday the 13th event at skull punch the mecha that qoutes ash in mechquest (can i still get that) lol

awesomness was here
MQ  Post #: 538
7/11/2010 3:56:33   
Hackkiller098

the leaf cape and the acorn helm drops from the red ants resembles the bug's life movie lol xD
Post #: 539
7/11/2010 5:25:45   
tas112

quote:

J6 is Boba-Fett
]could also be jango

i rule tas112 thetas112 tass112
Post #: 540
7/19/2010 21:20:15   
Wyndfyre

Come on; QuadForce? Ganana? Eye-Rule?

Quite the nice little splash of Zelda in DF. ;D
DF  Post #: 541
7/26/2010 15:53:43   
Extreme Enigma432

Well.
there is one thing well a lot of things i noticed in the game.
but theres too many to tell you.
so i'll just list one for now. Ryoku in the game sounds like its from goku
Which i think is right? because of the armor/hair looking style,etc.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 542
8/1/2010 1:18:21   
idkaname

The wolverine in AQ,it haz clawz!

yeah that's the only I think hasn't been named yet.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 543
8/2/2010 23:45:36   
Wambo

quote:

He's actually James Brown i think.
Post #: 544
8/7/2010 9:45:02   
Songi

I just noticed something, most likely been said but...
I played alot of Warcraft 3. (Great game..) and is it me? Or does Sepulchure remind anyone of prince arthas?
Both use to be good guys
Both Taken over by an Evil Sword
and Both able to control the undead @-@
AQW  Post #: 545
8/12/2010 16:11:46   
Jamo0008

^ Dude you're right, he does remind me of Arthas... So does Lord Arrgthas (Lich king was referenced there too), but Sepulchure's much more subtle.
AQ  Post #: 546
8/12/2010 17:40:40   
sir lane

starsword breaker looks like zangetsu! :3
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 547
8/13/2010 20:33:42   
Flore Dimartino

well the last of the sir ano quest were a bunch of" the princess bride" references. also myth buster and a futerrama reference in AQ.
DF MQ  Post #: 548
8/13/2010 23:02:42   
idkaname

The "Lowe-Manicon" in AQW is obviously a parody of a book mentioned in many of H.P. Lovecraft's horror stories the "Necromanicon"
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 549
8/19/2010 2:44:55   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@idkaname Actually the entire Ebil Dread quest is a reference to the movie "The Evil Dead." The Lowe-Manicon refers to the Book of The Dead(Necronomicon). Artix's appearance is a reference to the main character Ash who lost his hand due to possesion and replaced it with a chainsaw. They both even take place in a cabin out in the forest.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 550
Page:   <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> RE: =AE= Spotted a Parody or Spoof in our Games Post it Here
Page 22 of 28«<2021222324>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition