Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AE= Spotted a Parody or Spoof in our Games Post it Here

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> RE: =AE= Spotted a Parody or Spoof in our Games Post it Here
Page 23 of 28«<2122232425>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/21/2010 20:13:47   
damon10371

it could be a possibility that the burn it down staff could be a reference to the song burn it down by Avenged Sevenfold
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 551
8/26/2010 17:25:40   
Poetic Melody

This has probably been said before, but just in case it hasn't "No Good Deed" and "No Good Deed Part 2" from AQ have a lot of Spoofs from the musical Wicked, and mainly the song "No Good Deed."
DF  Post #: 552
9/3/2010 0:17:37   
Wildroses
A beautiful Rose,
always and forever

So, I watched Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog yesterday. His costumes looked really familiar, as did the scene where his nemesis saved his crush from a car this nemesis caused to go out of control. I think MechQuest's Zargon storyline with Billy Boltavolt was parodying Dr Horrible. This realisation puts me how many years behind everyone else?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 553
9/3/2010 15:01:57   
str god526

I went to the place on the map called drakelcube P and I just realized that it was a spoof from dragonball Z.
Goker=Goku
And another thing, there a part of the cut secne where tralin's hair turns yellow as if he's turing super sayin.
AQ  Post #: 554
9/10/2010 12:04:39   
exellion Yoh

The obvious oens are Army of Darkness etc. Though, being English, I've noticed some Doctor Who and Red Dwarf parodies. On a whole there's too many puns and references to count, or remember.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 555
9/12/2010 10:05:19   
M3xicanX4

The Reign Bringer, Heir Blade etc... looks like the sword in the old Lou Ferigno Hercules movie.
Post #: 556
9/12/2010 11:27:23   
Zanzibaarus

Game Parody Resides In: AQW
Parody: Inquistor Zone resembles the Salem Witch Trials, the Inquistors being the Puritans and the Witches being the people accused of Witchcraft in 1620

< Message edited by Zanzibaarus -- 9/12/2010 11:28:01 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 557
9/15/2010 7:39:51   
Mark Chung

M3xicanX4:
quote:

The Reign Bringer, Heir Blade etc... looks like the sword in the old Lou Ferigno Hercules movie.

How nice of you, reposting a post from DrJay1975 on the very first page. Word by word.

Kara Tika. Description says it all.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 558
9/16/2010 15:33:27   
COOLKILLER142

all of this is all ture this is y i wanna become a mod can u plaz help? cuz alot of ppl i know are cursing and doing wrong i wanna become a mod to protect other players:D
Post #: 559
9/17/2010 8:15:09   
Knight of the Dragon

Did anyone else spot the Legend of Zelda Tri-Force spoof, the Quad-Force? Also, Robina looks a little like a cross between Robin Hood and Link e.e

~Knight of the Dragon

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 560
9/18/2010 17:49:05   
hi bye sky nie

you like big (chets of) booty pardoy song aqw tlapd thingie aqw
AQ the leeroy james incident from warcraft XD
Post #: 561
9/26/2010 7:29:59   
SonicTbear

Arthruians. Based off of Arthuraian legends. Arthurian legends. Legends about King Arthur and his time period.

And I think the Equinox thing is a mix between horses and the science term, equinox, which is when the sun is directly over the Earth's equator, which cause the lengths of day and night nearly all over the world. I think...

@the two people saying Manicon: It's not Manicon it Anomicon, the Geroge Lowe-anomicon.

< Message edited by SonicTbear -- 9/26/2010 7:34:10 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 562
9/29/2010 2:54:50   
poodude

I think the gremlins in the movie gremlins look a bit like moglins and the evil gremlins look like the evil moglin armour the brown one with sharp teeth

Pokey chew from the yokai torniment looks like pikichew from pokemon and sounds like it P.S. i know i spellt pikichew wrong

Please do not double-post, it is considered spam and only clutters the page. Next time use the button to add in any additional information to your post. If you do accidentally make an extra post then use the button to delete that extra post. For more information, please read the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules > Posting Behavior. You also may not use your signature more than once per page. ~Rhowena

< Message edited by Rhowena -- 9/29/2010 19:16:46 >

RESPECT POODUDE
Post #: 563
10/5/2010 13:15:02   
deathkiller

linus the pet from DF comes from Tux the penguin from Linux (go Linux )
MQ  Post #: 564
10/6/2010 20:45:23   
manleyerman9

I'm pretty sure seed spitters are a spoof of the plant on work shop of horrors
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 565
10/7/2010 17:33:29   
anoang

OOOOHHH I GOT ONE. In adventurequest there is the place called the cure and you guys pointed that out in the game... I GOT ANOTHER ONE! Robina the Hood obviously from Robin Hood. Surewood=Sherwood from Robin Hood :D

Also Akiba with Notruto=Naruto;Sporkion=Scorpion(Mortal Combat);Absolute Zero=Sub Zero(Mortal Combat); Bash Ketchup=Ash Ketchum;Neko Yasha=Ino Yasha(Anime show);Pokey Chew(Pikachu) AND who can forget Lorestockapalooza which is a mix of Woodstock and Lalapalooza in a zone with Grateful Undead=Grateful Dead; That dancing dude was James Brown; Lordovthedance=Lord of the Dance(Movie in which someone dances) Dorian Mode i think something about guitars idk; Metallika=Mettalica; Led Zeppelin was a popular rock and roll band(correction IS a poppular rock and roll band) and all that awesome thstuff :)

sorry i keep on posting but The Great Sisyphean(Sisypheus a clever king that even fooled the gods in Greek and i guess Roman Mythology) Rubiks Cube obviously Rubix Cube, possibly Dwarfhold war, Revolutionary War; and um there was something else but I forgot it

Please do not double post. Use the edit button. ~Genoclysm

< Message edited by Genoclysm -- 10/8/2010 4:32:47 >
Post #: 566
10/16/2010 8:32:26   
jaxy15

AdventureQuest's Ice Nine spell is a parody of Cirno from Touhou (She is an ice fairy and is referred to as "Nine Ball".)
Correct me if I am mistaken.
Post #: 567
10/16/2010 9:36:25   
WrathInACan_Forum

lol, I wonder how many people yelled 'FALCON... PAAAAWWWWWNCH!!' when they read the Mana Falcon quest name? :D I know I did!!
AQW  Post #: 568
10/16/2010 21:46:44   
SlyCooperFan1

Am I the only one who thought "a hundred deaths" in Bladehaven might be a spoof?

"O men of Athens, I say to you, do as Anytus bids or not as Anytus bids, and either acquit me or not; but whichever you do, understand that I am not going to alter my ways, even if I have to die a hundred deaths." ~Socrates, on being able to bypass the death penalty if he takes back his philosophies.

I saw that quote on the PSAT test today, and as soon as I saw a hundred deaths, I made sure to post about it here. xD The orc tells you, "I hope you die a hundred deaths you miserable worm." :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 569
10/17/2010 0:53:18   
Mr_Golden

Just some obvious stuff that ive noticed:

All of Yokai & Mythsong are spoofs (lol Mozzy Mogsbourne...Brilliant!)

Moglinster armor says I TOLD you not to feed it candy after midnight! Gremlins, feeding them after midnight makes them ebil D:

Sorcerers Apprentice hat from the Facebook/Twitter event is the same hat from the Fantasia movies where Mickey takes the hat from that old wizard man...Yen Sid i do believe.

Also I have noticed that ABSOLOUTLY NOONE has noticed that Kitsune IS THE SHREDDER D: I better watch my virtual back since I'm a TMNT for AQW Halloween xD but really, look at them! It is obvious!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 570
10/17/2010 22:11:38   
Elementer

Follow the yellow brick road...obvious enough, Wizard of Oz

And the Treeant armor from Yulgar in AQW, from the Lord of The Rings, the Tree Ents. Am I right?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 571
10/17/2010 23:00:15   
AQWorlds WarBull

quote:

Sorcerers Apprentice hat from the Facebook/Twitter event is the same hat from the Fantasia movies where Mickey takes the hat from that old wizard man...Yen Sid i do believe.

It could also be a reference to the Sorcerers Apprentice movie that was just released when the hat was out...

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 572
10/19/2010 16:46:12   
Void Archmage

In AQ, isn t the Devourer bearing a slight similarity with an old Sumeran myth about Nibiru/Marduk? <-Sumeran god of war.

(According to the myth, Nibiru is a large planet on colliding course with Earth (colliding, but not crashing), which cycles around the Sun periodically, aproximately every 3600 years. When it collides with Earth, it starts catastrophes and cataclysms, since the Nibiru/Marduk has 5 times more mass and has massive gravitation. Well, now it is suspected that Nibiru could be a large commet - like object with a long period. Also the myth says, that the Annunaki originates from Nibiru.)

I see this similarity - The myth has been splitted into two parts: The Devourer (active destruction force - similar to Marduk)
Void Moon (a sign/messenger of Devourer s coming and a planet I think)
Also the Devourer is a deity (like Marduk) and has some special abilities. Thus, travelling between universes, he uses them to sowe destruction and wreak havoc. And he also keeps returning to every universe (periodically I believe -> as Nibiru does to our Earth) and repeat destruction.

Also in AQ - Frey (from Futurama, character Fry) is a name for old nordic Asgardian deity. God of war, I think.
- Loco (AQ god of pranks/pranksters I dont t know -> a reference to Asgardian deity Loki, god of pranks too)

spoiler:

Loco: You ! Where is my mask ?
Hero: What mask ?
Loco: My mask of Locomotion!

Oh well, I apologize for being off - topic, I just cannot help myself !

OK, so back to topic. I think that the blacksmith Adder from Isle d Oriens is a slightly reference to a British TV serie "Blackadder". At least some names in AQ are similar to some of the main characters in that serie:
Adder - Lord Edmund Blackadder
Galrick - Blackadder s servant Baldrick

Protean from AQ - When it attacks, it sometimes looks like a Goauld from Stargate.
Umazen from AQ -> Amazon
Kabak -> Well, Kabak is obivously a reference to Grinch movie (Green, fuzzy, long fingers (I don t know if they can cut glass), talking in poems, desire to ruin Frostval/(Christmas), also that Santa Claus clothes...Kabak is a Moglinch/Mogrinch.)
Oh yeah, I ve almost forgot. That Khandie Khain AQ character sounds to me like Jackie Chan, but it can be a mere coincidence. More likely it has something with the Star Trek: The wrath of Khan episode.

Hmm, well that s all, correct me if I am wrong.

< Message edited by Void Archmage -- 10/27/2010 15:58:19 >
DF  Post #: 573
10/21/2010 14:35:44   
Manga Maniac

I've noticed in AQWorlds Death speaks in all-caps, as does the famous Discworld version. It might be a coincidence though.
Post #: 574
10/21/2010 15:00:39   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

Falconreach is a legendary city from Might and Magic.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 575
Page:   <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> RE: =AE= Spotted a Parody or Spoof in our Games Post it Here
Page 23 of 28«<2122232425>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition