Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AE= Spotted a Parody or Spoof in our Games Post it Here

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> RE: =AE= Spotted a Parody or Spoof in our Games Post it Here
Page 27 of 28«<2425262728>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/16/2011 22:05:27   
brad paisley fan

in AQW, its not much of a parody, but they based the "hyperborean blues" armor from the greek/roman mythological beast
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 651
12/18/2011 3:18:20   
The Cow says MOO

@^

The Hyperborean Giants? The Giants of the North
Post #: 652
12/29/2011 17:21:47   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

Time is on your side is a parody reference to the song "Time is on my side"

Also in the design notes it mentions professor I(what's his toes, I can't spell his name correctly at this moment)

But that seems more like a parody of Idaho. Which in turn reminds me of the famous commercials for Idaho potatoes.

AQW Epic  Post #: 653
12/31/2011 19:03:06   
brad paisley fan

@DNW Actually I think Professor Iadoa in AQW was a parody off of the Master in Doctor Who, when he was Professor Yana and both names are acronyms (You are not alone)

and plus in the frostval event, there were many things that made him similar to the master, such as returning from a long time absence, being chaotic, and putting his life's energy in one object (like the watch timelord's have) and chronochaorruptor being a timelord-like class, except the Master's chaotic version

So far, I have come to believe that Iadoa stands for (I Am Drakath's Original Ancestor).... I can't think of anything else though.....
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 654
1/2/2012 14:16:32   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

Adventure quest. I see what you did there! The weapon "eyes of chillax" has a reference to a line of lyrics in "Eye of the Tiger".

AQW Epic  Post #: 655
1/5/2012 18:39:24   
Travis Touchdown
Reality Touchdown!

In AQ, the description from the reward from the "The Hacker" Quest references Pit, the star from Kid Icarus. In addition, the Snowglobe references Duke Nukem's "Hail to the Duke, baby" line.

Additionally, since no one's mentioned it yet, the description for Chillax's head references "Pinky and the Brain".

Actually Travis Touchdown, the line references to Duke Nukem yes, but it's "Hail to the king, baby." line.

^*shifty eyes* I knew that.

< Message edited by Travis Touchdown -- 1/31/2012 6:26:37 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 656
1/6/2012 17:32:23   
Henry the cool

In the firestorm map in AQWorlds the quest called baby's on fire says "a clutch of dragons" which is a reference from the book inheritance by Christopher Paolini when the herbalist Angela refers to a group of dragons as a "clutch of dragons."
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 657
1/7/2012 14:41:13   
Immature

If you watch Clash of the Titans, you'll know where the new Death in AQ come from.
Post #: 658
1/7/2012 15:42:56   
dethhollow

in DF one of selpulchre's spies is seriously Sepheroth.... Why hasn't DF done anything with this? the world may never know.

*akem*
void dragons look alot like the creatures from the alien movies. And I mean ALOT.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 659
1/7/2012 19:36:06   
chris11141996

in the jail im mq it talks bout goku and cell form dbz :3
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 660
1/7/2012 20:21:25   
Immature

In AQ there's a Gokar but in Dragon Ball Z there's a Goku.
See the resemblance. Exact same clothes,exact same hair,and exact same villains.

Scary like a spectre, unseen like a ghost,
kills the prey and possess the host,
An image that appears only in the mind,
Something that no creature can blind,
just a spirit--knowing people are in fear of it,
I am no dream..
Post #: 661
1/14/2012 0:50:00   
Sir Ching

Ryoku is like Goku,

Neko Yasha is like Inu Yasha,

NOTruto is like Naruto,

Pokey Chew is like Pikachu,

the Friday the thirteenth special had the hero look into a mirror saying,"Bloody Deady" which is alot like the Bloody Mary ritual,

and more.

Sorry if I sounded rude

and/or if somebody already put in one of the ones above.
Post #: 662
1/14/2012 20:54:24   
brad paisley fan

In AQW newest voltaire and etherstorm release, the loup garoo monsters are spoofs off of the french werewolf loup garou mythical creatures.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 663
1/14/2012 21:53:18   
Voidrix

In AQW,At skyguard academy,the room with the blackboard,says the phrase"The Cake,Is it a lie?"

Reference to the popular phrase"The cake is a lie" from portal.

Sorry if someone said it,but 27 pages is too long for read
MQ  Post #: 664
1/17/2012 7:52:11   
Crystal Lion

The last quest to get the Unicorn Commander is titled "Tie a Black Ribbon Round the Old Burnt Tree," a pun on "Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Old Oak Tree," which is a song.
Post #: 665
1/17/2012 17:40:11   
Thiefboy109
Legendary AK!!!

The Bucket of Lava in AQW has a Minecraft Reference about turning Lava into Obsidian using Water. =D
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 666
1/21/2012 11:10:21   
omgrly

quote:

If you watch Clash of the Titans, you'll know where the new Death in AQ come from.

Actually, that's Charon and he's present in lots of movies referring to Greek/Roman mythology.~
AQW  Post #: 667
1/23/2012 17:10:10   
Drakaura

In DF, the quest "Rolith's question" there was a parody with the Old Spice commercial. That was epic!
DF AQW  Post #: 668
1/30/2012 10:50:22   
Renzan

The Hanuboy pet is a reference to a Hindu God Hanuman.
Epic  Post #: 669
1/30/2012 11:23:50   
RedEyedDrake

The name of the monster Alricon the Undeadeye from AQ has a reference hidden in it. Alricon is just "alicorn" spelled differently.

Also, from AQ's 2011 Frostval's gift delivery war, there is a weapon called Eyes of Chillax which triggers against cute monsters. Meaning that the staff had to create a monster category named "cute" or, using a different wording, to mark some monsters as "cute". The other item from the same war that is relevant this reference is the Chillax Crusader armor. Mind the second word in that name. Also note that these two items are part of the same "set".

Considering that Kamui wrote the descriptions for those items and named the monster, and most likely the items too, some will understand what these are references to. Quite the stealthy ones, I might add.

< Message edited by RedEyedDrake -- 1/30/2012 11:25:49 >
AQ  Post #: 670
1/31/2012 1:11:46   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

Alina, I see with my eyes in the jan 30th design notes a mention of the Tmnt char Rocksteady and the power rangers char Rocky.
AQW Epic  Post #: 671
1/31/2012 6:34:40   
Travis Touchdown
Reality Touchdown!

Possibly accidental, but just in case-- there's a quest in AQW called Rattle Battle. Fans of 90's platformers may recall that this is also the name of a particularly famous level in Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 672
1/31/2012 18:33:49   
Edgemaster Scion
Constructive!

Perhaps I'm hallucinating, but I've found reference to the title of an amazing fighting game series in one of AQ's water spells.

Blue Blazes, and the effect involves a message saying that your foe "Blazes Blue."

BlazBlue.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 673
2/14/2012 19:00:55   
Lord Coake

in AQ they mention the answer to the question of the universe being 42, which is also the case in the book/movie, The Hitchhiker's guide to the galexey (or however its spelled)

Sorry if this was posted before!
AQW  Post #: 674
3/7/2012 16:09:52   
darksampson

Am I the only one thinking this thread is super hap-hazard? Like seriously whos going to go looking through 27 pages of refreances, could someone please put all the confirmed refreances on the first page and split them up by game, because the way it is now is way too unorganized and messy.

Anyway the reference I wanted to point out is Vamp Slayer E, which is a reference to an old anime and novel seires called Vampire Hunter D and this is in classic AQ

< Message edited by darksampson -- 3/7/2012 16:11:29 >
AQ  Post #: 675
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 26 [27] 28   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> RE: =AE= Spotted a Parody or Spoof in our Games Post it Here
Page 27 of 28«<2425262728>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition